antykain

New Patch Memory Leak: Possible fix/workaround

My headlamp is flickering in my inventory. It's in pristine condition, though. I didn't get a chance to toss it away before I froze last attempt. Now I have 228 seconds remaining before I can try again.

I'm such an evil server-hopper!

demonicor_evil-face.jpg

I think it's ok to fix yourself but if other players have bad items it seems to affect you anyhow.

Yeah, I think this is a possibility, too.

I played for several hours without problems yesterday, then I came close to other players (not the first time that day, though) and I experienced massive drops in fps until I needed to force quit the game.

Worked for me, too.

With me it was the M4 Handguard I had painted black and the "Russian Learning Book".

Thanks!

Confirmed. Flickering parts cause it (inventory or ground) and effect players near you. You can paint M4 parts to fix it temporary - but they reset every login again.

Edited by bonsai

thank you mate! 

it helped me!

items that were flickering for me:

green equipment for m4

cans of food

soda

m4 mags (40 rounds) i don't know were these items damaged

I Picked up some items post patch that flicker, "Crime and punishment" and 3 other books, however i was able to play with only rubber banding and slight lag for most of last night. I also have an M4 with a flickering Pristine black butt stock and a flickering worn green butt stock in my bags. The lagfest was persistant on every server I tried but one, I tried others after I found the one that was playable.

Seems green magpull parts dont render properly either. Never painted mine, just found them as green. They can be hard to tell because mine weren't flickering, but if you look close you can see that alot of detail is missing on those particular attachments. You can replace them with the exact same item and will be fine until you login again. They fail to render once you login with them. Ive switched to original buttstock and handguard and havent has any more issues.

Edit: my bad, didn't realize I posted this in this thread already and I'm on mobile cant delete post.

Edited by Wicced

Hmm crazy solution but i was a fresh spawnded guy and hadn't any loot. The framedrops are still there and never disappear.

I dont have any flickering items. I dont have an M4 or any painted items. I dont have any weapon attachments. Everything is pristine as well. I even tried logging into a server that has no one in it to test if its other players. Frame rate stayed the same no matter what server or location in game. 

Luckily I have a protector case so I just put my flickering parts inside, so don't need to drop them, and that has fixed it. :)

Luckily I have a protector case so I just put my flickering parts inside, so don't need to drop them, and that has fixed it. :)

oooo I'll try this. 

hmm a bit off topic just so i dont start a new thread....can u guys play dayZ right now? ._. i try to get in for past 15 -20 mins to try one of these "fixes" but i can find any server listed to play on ? idk is just me

Cant we just paint them black and solve it like that?

According to the reports, it does not fix anything permanently. People reported: If you paint it, it might fix your problem for the session being. But upon connecting to another place or again, it would return.

I have the same problem. I don't want to throw my M4 away, even if I could. I'd rather wait 1-x more days for a possible hotfix than throwing items away with no certified (only implied) guarantee to fix it. After all, I'd lose it and could still have the problem.

I really wouldn't mind dying and having to re-gear. Not that attached. But it'd be a bummer to try to get the M4 with all the attachments I have now back. So if I have to decide, I rather play it safe for now.

So far so good.. Just got off work and logged back in.  Issue has not come back since I got rid of the effected items.  Looking forward to the patch to really take care of this issue.  

Some additional info from my side:

If you put foods, drinks or spraycans in protector cases or clothing that you drag around in your inventory, these tend to get the bug again.

Because I started to have the FPS drop again after I had been fine and had three cans of soda in a protector case that were in working order before, but were now having no texture again. Once I dropped them and ran away, everything was good again.

Could also reproduce this issue.

-> Don't put foods, drinks or spraycans anywhere where you can't directly see them in your inventory to prevent this from happening.

• Like 1

I have no flickering items on my M4, but I had beans and sodas with broken textures in my Small Protector Case, the fps dropped so hard. I opened/consumed that stuff, the fps drop is gone. :)

Broken textures where mentioned in another thread, don't know it's title atm.

/tinfoil hat

Actually, Rocket found this fix interesting on Reddit and said that's what they are looking into now. Plus, the majority of people here and on Reddit seem to say this works. 

Also, it seems that it may be caused by items that carried over from the last patch. So it's best to just drop everything, not just flickering items.

Edited by Esolu

can't drop anything because the .exe has stopped responding before I can actually open the inventory in game after logging in.

Dropped all "flickering" items from my inventory, including those inside of protector cases.  Game is back to normal now.