antykain

New Patch Memory Leak: Possible fix/workaround

Can confirm. We set up the EoA Seattle server last night to have a two hour, 10 min restart event to give everyone a free chance to regear and delete their kits. Unknown number of public players participated, as well as five clan members. The five clan members all were experiencing the bug, and many had painted weapons. After stripping to our underwear (bye bye guns as well) we totally regeared/deleted the old stuff. It was pretty amazing, as soon as the old gear was gone we had five people who were naked...but getting normal framerates. By the end of the night (grats to all of you who were out there in other parts of chernarus cashing in), our original kits were restored item for item and no one was lagging. 

I'm no programmer, and have no idea about the intricacy of that sort of work, but I can confirm without a doubt that the old gear has *something* to do with this.

I just logged into a hardcore server for the first time since patch. Game completely stopped responding after five minutes. I logged back in and ran to the woods, got rid of all gear (all prepatch as I hadn't played harcore since early last week) now I'm running around Cherno for half an hour or more, naked, at 30 fps which was normal for me pre patch. 

lol.. Running around naked will fix the issue, for sure!  I am carrying very minimal gear until the hotfix patch arrives, hopefully tomorrow.  I went around picking up some loot last night while I was playing, and got bugged again.  So, had to drop all the effected items again.  lol..  goodtimes!

I created an account just to give you my beans. 

:)  ty!  

Anywho, the experimental build seems to be going well.  Hopefully this will get pushed stable SOON.   :)   I've not had the fps lag issues as of yet in the new build.  Good sign!

Anyone else tried the experimental build?   If so, any issues on your end?

Edited by Antykain

no issues tried 3 server in 4 hours only my normal fps drop in svetlojarks. but no freezes and on other places 35-50 fps. sometime short drops to 20. log in and log out procedure without any problem also :) it´s a great fix.

Saved my life brother, thank you.

Edit: Wish I could give op 10 cans of beans not 1

Edited by Blissful

I repainted my parts in our MIA server.. everything stayed good.  Quit, rejoined my server.  Still all good.

I then joined 2 other servers testing it, and no issues have come up yet.  Seems to be fixed on my end,   :)

I use a mosin and have the issue?

Some additional info from my side:

If you put foods, drinks or spraycans in protector cases or clothing that you drag around in your inventory, these tend to get the bug again.

Because I started to have the FPS drop again after I had been fine and had three cans of soda in a protector case that were in working order before, but were now having no texture again. Once I dropped them and ran away, everything was good again.

Could also reproduce this issue.

-> Don't put foods, drinks or spraycans anywhere where you can't directly see them in your inventory to prevent this from happening.

ill test this now coz my protector case is full of beans

I just went ahead and kept my protector case empty for the time being in the stable build.  I am downloading the experimental build now and going to test it and see if I can reproduce this "bug".

Edited by Antykain

looking into my case of beans it appears that the green and yellow cans are now brown. I dropped the beans and the case but the lag continued and froze.. I reclogged in and it was already lagging and froze straight away

Installed the experimental build, and so far it's working out nicely.  Good thing is, with this experimental build, you can play on the regular servers.  Doesn't have to be teh experimental/testing servers.  I have been on our MIAClan server after installed the exp build patch and all is good so far.  :)