alexeistukov

The Community's List of Suggested Weapons for Dayz Standalone (Version: 1.29)

If they added in the particular rifle you have pictured, I wonder if it could be used to aggro zombies and annoy players, since it's an airsoft gun.

Edited by Grindstone

If they added in the particular rifle you have pictured, I wonder if it could be used to aggro zombies and annoy players, since it's an airsoft gun.

the picture is to show the general design of the rifle, but i'm sure you know that and just want to be a typical troll.

IMHO the G36C looks fugly compared to the Operation Flashpoint classic and Bundeswehr standard issue G36A:

Domok_g36.JPG

I could see at least a very small German force getting involved with something as dire as what happened in Chernarus.

I think the G36 series looks awful (like almost every other german weapon too)

SIE FICKEN WAS!!!!!!??

yeah everyone has their own opinion but i love the G36C design by far the most.

Yeah they're both nice.. I'm just a bigger fan of the longer barrel, although the compact-ness of the g36c sort of changes my mind.

Edited by Borges

Very unlikely given the difference is only about 10% but it is existent (you could also look at other sources). Its similar to a .357 Magnum rifle being much more powerful than a .357 Magnum revolver - but less significant.

Now stopping a bullet is unlikely but I can see a M16 knocking out a player under certain conditions while the M4A1 still has him standing (in DayZ mechanics). No need to glorify the shorter/carbine versions by making them deal the same damage - they already got their advantages in being lighter and easier to handle in close quarters.

I don't like the sound of this. It sounds like some FPS style damage table for balance. A .357 rifle and a .357 pistol have considerable differences compared to a 5.56 rifle and a 5.56 carbine where the differences are minimal. For example an M16A2 and an M4 have the same fire control group,bolt carrier group, and barrel twist ratio, with a small difference in barrel length. A .357 rifle may have a considerably longer barrel than a pistol and have different cambering methods that may or may not bleed gas pressure during the firing phase of the cycle of operations and affect the round fired.

I think the G36 series looks awful (like almost every other german weapon too)

And since it IS a german assault rifle it would not make much sense in (Black-) Russia

Except of course there is the fact that this is more supposed to be eastern Europe / post-soviet block and Half of eastern European countries use the G36 in their armed forces. 

I don't like the sound of this. It sounds like some FPS style damage table for balance. A .357 rifle and a .357 pistol have considerable differences compared to a 5.56 rifle and a 5.56 carbine where the differences are minimal.

Its not about "PvP balance" but about a realistic representation. And in reality there is a small difference that should be represented ingame because its one of the reasons the weapons are in some kind of equilibrium. And its the reason we got bullpup weapons instead of everyone using carbines. Minimal differences should still be implemented and not scrapped because they are minor (in some situations they might matter after all) - but they should not be overexaggerated either.

Weapons should get some kind of "ballistic modificator" that increases damage and bullet speed. The biggest reason why I think we need it is the .357 Magnum cartridge - because the revoler and the rifle should not deal the same damage. However it can also be applied for other weapons and I propose to use this instead of making them the typical FPS "copycat weapons" that only look different but behave the same for balance reasons. DayZ is about playing the cards you got so there is no need for this.

Its not about "PvP balance" but about a realistic representation. And in reality there is a small difference that should be represented ingame because its one of the reasons the weapons are in some kind of equilibrium. And its the reason we got bullpup weapons instead of everyone using carbines. Minimal differences should still be implemented and not scrapped because they are minor (in some situations they might matter after all) - but they should not be overexaggerated either.

That is where range and size, rather than damage, comes into play. It is easier to clear a building with a carbine or a bullpup rather than a full length rifle, however it is easier to engage at a distance with a full length rifle than a carbine. The whole difference to "Damage" as far as injury to an individual and defeating armor isn't going to be great and an attempt to display such differences may lead into an over exaggeration. ArmA 2 portrayed the merits of each NATO weapon well, and the Devs of DayZ would be smart to follow it. Unfortunately I doubt deficiencies such as the L85's weight and non ambidexterity or the M4's need for additional preventive maintenance will ever be considered.

+1 vote For VSS and AS Val, i understand the close vote but gtfo stalker they going in and you know it! Pew pew pew! (or more like p p p...)

Unless I missread there has not been a single solitary suggestion for several staple shotguns styles...get ready for boomstick!

-edit- bit of formatting issues...not as tidy as i'd like :(

U/O Shotguns (wheres the love!)

Not one?! From paddock thumpers, new wave tactical-cool silliness and classy 60k+ berrettas where is the friggin love.
Beretta Sliver Pigeon 1 (pictured)sil_pig_1.jpg You know! A shotgun....U/O range in price from a couple of hundred dollars to 50,000k (and more). But you get the idea. Pick a model or have a few types from ruined rusty relics to classy loot.

Stoeger Outback Tactical

http://static3.shop033.com/resources/E5/160997/picture/A2/80889250.jpg

Bit of a laugh but demonstrates a bit of conceputal varitey. Marketed to places which don't allow nice thingsdue to restrictive laws. Posted more to demonstrate the 20inch barrel. Most U/O can have a variety of barrel lengths from 20'', 30'', 32'' the common. Impacts on effective range/weapon dexterity according to what you want in a given situation.

Baikal Single Barrel Break Actions (shotgun or rifle)

Mp18 (shotgun), gauges, various

http://img2.findthebest.com/sites/default/files/495/media/images/EAA_Baikal_MP18_309531.jpg

IZH MH18, single shot rifle, calibers, various, many scopes to fit, modern verisons

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v166/Brithunter/Baikal%20222%20Rem/BaikalLHSFW.jpg

Baikal IZH 94 (combination gun)

http://www.blueline-activities.com/shop/images/Baikal%20IZH-94.jpg

Combo guns (shotgun/rifle) are pretty European. They still pump em out. Suggest calibers 12g/22LR (although 20g/22LR would be a more sensible small game combo) and 12g/7.62. Use T to barrel select.

So...U/O, more break action, baikals...and a combo gun if you dare!

Edited by Trizzo

+1 vote For VSS and AS Val, i understand the close vote but gtfo stalker they going in and you know it! Pew pew pew! (or more like p p p...)

Whats wrong with STALKER? We need 9x39 in this game as well as the VSS/VAL/Groza.

RPG-7 and heavy & light machine guns should be in game. İf they put cars, helicopters,planes, boats they should put guns that we can stop veichles with otherwise if someone got helicoper he will become unstopable for very very long time.

Exactly. Vehicles will need to be compensated with the heavy guns so I say yes, add the RPG's, and heavy MG's.

Whats wrong with STALKER?

Nothing! It was exasperation, disgust, a verbal outburst of discontent at the close vote perhaps not well conveyed :) It is an appeal to the STALKER within! More a gtfo if you don't support throwing those disgustingly anonymous 9x39 all over the place.

Nothing! It was exasperation, disgust, a verbal outburst of discontent at the close vote perhaps not well conveyed :) It is an appeal to the STALKER within! More a gtfo if you don't support throwing those disgustingly anonymous 9x39 all over the place.

Isee, sorry for the misinterpretation. Hail and well met.

When speaking of ammo I see the chance of the following cartridges to be added:

• .308 Winchester - Splitting 7.62mm was said to be planned and I think it will come at this name to better avoid confusion with 7.62x54mmR and 7.62x39mm rounds. It opens up the possibilties for several western weapons (both military and civilian) and allows for two strains of full power rifles which leads to reduced competition and thus more usability without making the a single kind of ammunition too prevalent.
  • .50 BMG or 12.7x108mm - Those cartridges have the advantage that they can be used for both HMGs and AMRs in contrast to more specialized rounds like the .338 Lapua Magnum. Now for the big guns competition is wanted and the ammo should be sparse anyways so it makes sense to concentrate on a single kind and have some additional competition. So if one of those two is added the probability of the other being ingame as well should drop close to zero.
  • 9x39mm - Allows for some special guns, now its a little less likely to be added but might work as a rare gun/rare ammo combination and here it has the advanatge of allowing for multiple weapons each of which is plausible to find in Chernarus, Now that does not mean they are likely to find as they are mainly special forces equipment. But if there was a "special cartridge" to be added I would bet on this.
  • 5.45x39mm - Same argument as for .308 Winchester but a little weaker. It allows two strains of small caliber assault rifles and LMGs with potential civilian models as well - however this cartridge is more limited and mostly found on AK platforms. Now AK platforms are highly plausible in Chernarus but I am not sure if it really benefits gameplay to add it or if its more healthy to pass on the RPK-74 and further AK-74 variants and stick with/expand on 5.56mm NATO.
  • 40mm grenades - There are some pictures that suggest they are coming, now its not quite clear if only one type or multiple types. Probably multiple types that are very rare so you need to find both the launcher and the right type of grenade. At the rarity level I expect them to be there won't be that much effect of competition as finding the luncher should be hard enough. Now the RPG-7 falls under this and I think its very likely we will see this weapon at some point (probably when the bigger vehicles are about to enter the game).

I expect the chances for having other other types of ammo added to be pretty slim (save for some kinds of explosives). With the types above there are simply enough options to add a similar and plausible variant or weapon that uses existing ammo - with the notable exception of hand-cannons but thats a pretty specialized and overrated weapon category that might not be added at all (we are in a former Soviet state and not in Texas) - I think thats why Alexei decided not to add them in the first place.

Now I could be wrong but in the end adding too many cartridges would cause either extensive search to find any matching rounds or ammo being way to abundant once you found the right weapon because of low competition. That does not mean "stop suggesting other weapons" but rather "keep in mind they will probably switch to similar designs".

BTW minion .308 win is not really weaker than 7.62x54r.

I would bet that at 800 yards for example a 175 grain .308 bullet hits much harder than the typical 147 grain ball 54r ammo common found in surplus.

Expect to see barely any updates for this thread....

I cannot spend any of my time on this game nor other games due to complications of work, school, and just life in general.

God Bless..

Edited by AlexeiStukov

A-ha!

Norinco Type 54, Model 213 (9x19mm)

pix513377939.jpg

400px-Tokarev_NorincoM213SS.jpg

400px-Tokarev_NorincoM213B.jpg

It's essentially a Tokarev TT-33 re-chambered in 9x19mm. Sure, it's a Chinese knock-off, but aesthetically it's nearly identical and it's a real gun.

Now we can have a Tokarev without a whole new caliber being necessary.

Edit:

Seems there's also a 9x19mm PPSh-41

PPSH_9MM.JPG

During WW2, German forces apparently re-chambered some captured PPSh-41s and PPS-43s into 9x19mm and designated them as the "MP41r".

Again, it's aesthetically similar to the PPSh-41, and still a real gun.

Now we really have no need for 7.62x25mm.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

sINc4ja.gif

Don't encourage them.

Encourage them to do what?

It's pretty much set that the calibers are going to be limited, arguing against it is a bit futile at this point. I personally would've been fine with DayZ having a large amount of different ammunition types, but seeing as how that's not currently what they're interested in, I'm working to make compromises so we can at least get what we want without breaking the system.

The Norinco Type 54 (TT-33) is sort of like the Type 56 is to AK rifles today, it's not from Eastern Europe/Russia but it's still fairly common in those parts. The 9x19mm export version specifically (probably) isn't, but it's not really any different than the Makarov IJ-70 with .380 ACP in that regard.

The MP41r SMGs, while obviously not common, were pretty much entirely used on the Eastern Front, and Chernarus is very possibly within an area that Germany would've invaded. If so, then it's possible that soldiers there converted PPSh-41s when stationed, as it's clear from statues that Chernarussian soldiers did use the PPSh at one point. That wouldn't really justify making them common, but it's still possible.

Either way, that's a plausible idea for getting them in the game, especially if 7.62x25mm won't be added (and it's possible that it won't - Chris Torchia said he'd rather have .410 Gauge than 7.62x25mm in some posts awhile ago)

It seems like gibonez is not a fan of re-chambering or using less common variants that have the right caliber. Probably dislikes the AK-101 and Makarov in .380 Auto as well. Adding 7.62x25mm would probably not add to the game because it just another pistol round that only allows for a few old guns. I would rather like to see some .45 APC submachine gun (but they should fix the damage first - right now it hurt like the .357 Magnum when it should be barely stronger than 9mm).

Talking about .308 Winchester vs. 7.62x54mmR - the .308 Winchester on its own is potentially a little weaker than the 7.62x54mmR, meaning if you fill them "to the max" the NATO round would be less powerful. Now as you wrote it depends on the bullet in question so its absolutely fine if both were equal or even if .308 Winchester was more powerful.