Advent1

Trading Post

I think its good practice to only trade with people who have good reputation on this forum. Or when doing a trade with someone new, bring backup. Im a new trader and so far been lucky enough to have traded with stand up guys like trev and red ensign.

your aug is in the mail

I don't care about my stuff, I just don't understand why did he do this. I gave him SMERSH vest and BUIS in exchange for AK101 2 suppresor's and 2 protector cases))) Sorry for Google Translate))

Still looking for an M4 :D

I could give you one tomorrow maybe if I have some spare time in the evening. Poke me sometime tomorrow.

Thanks mookie.

Have:

1x (w) M4 With: (p) Hanguard MP Green, (w) Buttstock MP Green, (d) BUIS, and 3 Green 40 Round CMAG's.

1x (p) AUG With: 3 Black 40 Round CMAG's

2x (w) Skull Balaclava

3x (d) Protector cases

2x (w) Protector cases

1x (w) Tan M65 Jacket

Looking for:

Smersh vest  :D   (Anything but ruined)

Anyone?

your aug is in the mail

Lol im happy with my 101 atm! Just some mags and an east supressor maybe and its all good buddy :)

Edited by cash81

I'm very sad to hear all of you whos'e tents were raided or the guy who killed while trading. I just hope our stash is untouched, since I havent been online for a week now due being away and on 3g Internet with bad connection.

Anyway, I would like to give you few tips for you to hopefully prevent this from happening in future. Of course you most likely cant avoid the cheaters and hackers but this has worked out for us past 2 months or something.

Stay up in north, the chance of running into hackers is way smaller there. I have around 1200 hours played, during this time I'm pretty safe to say I've never ran into any hackers or gotten killed by them. But also, all I do is looting and trading/giving away stuff. And after 20 hours of gametime I left the coast, barely ever returned.

When we do our trades or even normal daily lootruns, we always leave our maingear in our stash or somewhere well hidden. Backbags, protector cases, ammoboxes, weapons stay over the server restarts on persistence enabled servers. Somtimes rarely it happens that server persistence gets screwed after weekly maintenance (happened to us once), but with help of 2 tools, burlap sack + rope you can always doublecheck to make it sure it's enabled.

While doing trades/lootruns I wear my second set of gear, consisting of just rags, morphine, water bottles, can opener, firefighters axe, that's all I need. When I trade new guys that I'm unsure about, I even put the most usefull trade stuff in slots like pants, they kill me > the most likely ruin the precious items they wanted and get bad reputation here on trading post! :) Of course this makes me do all kind of stupid things when I drive trucks or go try fun stuff out with Yazar8 and ends mostly with one of us dying to something very stupid. But these deaths dont hurt at all, just a little time consuming to get back and grab everything again. Also when we do our trades we mostly set up an area where we always trade, meanwhile still keep our stash well far away and well hidden.

Of course there is a handfull traders that I've met up with countless times, saved their lives, given stuff etc that I really trust and would meet anyday with my main stuff on. /wave Mookie! B)

Secondly, there is a reason we dont use Tents. It has saved us a couple of times, if we had tents there, we would been robbed for sure. And always check/scout out the area near the place you set up your tents if you really choose having a tent. Currently tents render from very long distances, meanwhile backbags, weapons etc dont > Tents are many many times easier to spot. If you know some other mechanics with tents and stashes in general, it's very easy to find out the area  where someone having a tent. I also think more and more figured this out, thy just dont know the exact perimeters. There are some very common spots but also other easy ways to find it out, just time consuming. It's also very easy to hide your backbags, even if its many of them and they have good camo, enough slots to store precious cargo. If you want to know what(backbags, clothing, weapons etc) carries on and what carries not through server restarts on PER ON servers, feel free to PM and I can explain.

Also sometimes namechanging, not having same steamname with this forumname might help prevent people from stalking you ingame etc or even play as offline.

If your'e a very true trader, you can also get few mules to store your very precious items on, DayZ aint hat expensive yet so might wanna take adventage of it, if you really love this game like we do!

Gosh, some of this sounds like I've been on a raiding mission to empty all your tents, since I claim it's rather easy to find them. But I can guarantee we haven't had anything to do with any of those, I've been away basically for a week now, we dont raid peoples tents unless they are very stupid to not scout the area properly, I mean 20-40 meters is enough in our cases. Then we punish them, but so far its only been some Brazilian guys. We also allready have 5-6 accounts of full rare stuff stacked up for future, when CE launches, some items are going to be more worthy than other items so we dont need any more items to try to carry over and start prioritizing what to keep and what to drop. And we also started giving away alot of items we come across that we cant carry over the maintenance.

There is also nothing that beats to wake up early, grab a cup of coffe, find a truck and go on lootrun, to maybe find one of those precious Pristine ACOGs, RV1RDS, Smersh Vest, AK Bayonets, PSO-1s, or a East Silencer! :P

Edited by larsehh_
  • Like 4

It was a pair of brazilian guys that raided my tent. I got my payback on 14 members of their squad...

• Like 2

Ah , the dreaded Brazilians!

*waves back at larsehh*

I set tents up when I find them, and then (again and again) realise I've forgotten what server they're on. :blush:

If people need added security (close or overwatch) for trades, I'd be happy to help

Edited by Mookie
  • Like 1

so you did get your tent - good.  that was unclear before.  I have an extra tent then - who wants it?

wish you'd kept me on steam - your inbox is full and talking here is too public.  I was on the server for a long time while I was running back to where I died, and I did drop by the tent.  the smersh was gone (for the spectators, it was left for me) so I snagged some food and a canteen, and left a gas mask and some other stuff.  I noticed the mp5 was gone too because I brought you a buttstock for that.  I had my steam status changed to offline cuz right after I died you were spamming messages at me and I was in a fowl mood after losing my civ tent.

I do feel responsible though.  it's entirely possible it was me someone followed to your camp. :-/

Hey Red. I know it was not you not totally sure but I left my truck as bait and watched over an hour.

Only one person joined the server where my truck was left at the previously robbed tent and they were in my friends list. I have it narrowed down to about 10 people but I dont care to blast anyone for it. They got next to nothing...especially considering all those drum mags just vanished lol

You can always pop into TS to say hello but I am being extra cautious with my friends list now. 

Anyone found SVD?

No one found in exp so I doubt it is in now.

The pouches and holster may spawn for ballistic vest now.

The game is currently broken more than It ever was.

• Like 1

Wish you would properly find food lol.

food & water:

berry bushes and apple trees.  aside from that the only food I've found today were 2 cereal boxes.  came across a cow I coulda killed, but I haven't seen , matches, a pot, or cooking tripod.

pond water makes you sick now but wells do not.  oops

Edited by Red_Ensign

I've read all about the recent killings after trading, I think we should all band together and hunt them down! I'm new to this trade forum, but I'm here to make allies not enemies.  I completed a successful high end trade with Lowz, We voice chatted and he sounded like a stand up guy. I joined his incredibly high ping server, armed with an M4, he could have easily killed me upon spawning. He did not, and I've gained a long term trading partner. In my opinion we need to formulate a list with feedback on reliable trade partners!? Any feedback?

On another note, lol. I have free Tents. No this is not April fools. It's obvi tent spawn are jacked up, found 3 so far today. One military and two camping tents. I will accept donations of food or M4 ammo, but not required. 

• Like 1

I am giving away for free an AUG with couple of mags, I don't have a place to keep it. All i ask is for you to get to Pustoshka area. I gave a free M4A1 with ACOG to operkot already. 

Trades now...

I've got lots, pristine PSO-1, damaged AK bayonet, you name it..

http://i.imgur.com/WOMrQiP.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/frVxRPg.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/QDV849t.jpg <<< inside protector case is an ammo box and food.

I need red dot sights and so on, send your offers.

Edited by Berrett

I've read all about the recent killings after trading, I think we should all band together and hunt them down! I'm new to this trade forum, but I'm here to make allies not enemies.  I completed a successful high end trade with Lowz, We voice chatted and he sounded like a stand up guy. I joined his incredibly high ping server, armed with an M4, he could have easily killed me upon spawning. He did not, and I've gained a long term trading partner. In my opinion we need to formulate a list with feedback on reliable trade partners!? Any feedback?

On another note, lol. I have free Tents. No this is not April fools. It's obvi tent spawn are jacked up, found 3 so far today. One military and two camping tents. I will accept donations of food or M4 ammo, but not required. 

where are the camping tents spawning?

(I'd take one from you but apparently right now the vanish when you pitch them.  campfires vanish too.)

Edited by Red_Ensign

Camping tents spawn all over the place.. deer stands, near trucks, in residential houses.. seen a couple so far.

I have an AK74 magazine and an AK101 magazine. Will trade for an MP5-usable optic (no BUIS). Must go through BRTC trader to ensure safety

• Like 1

No one found in exp so I doubt it is in now.

The pouches and holster may spawn for ballistic vest now.

The Pouches definitely spawn, not sure about the Holster but I would assume so too. I found them in a Red Two Story House 

if anyone's still looking for a red firefighter's helmet I have a pristine one.  also have a pristine black firefighter's jacket.  and an mp5 (but those are more common than beans now).

will trade for water purification tabs, so my next spawn doesn't have to get cholera to not die of thirst. :-/

if anyone's still looking for a red firefighter's helmet I have a pristine one.  also have a pristine black firefighter's jacket.  and an mp5 (but those are more common than beans now).

will trade for water purification tabs, so my next spawn doesn't have to get cholera to not die of thirst. :-/

i have the tabs and a pris civ tent