rocket

Critical Unplanned Update of 0.34 to Stable 7 February 2014

Same here - substantial fps drop (~50 down to ~20) after patch.

6-core i7 3930k OC'd to 4.4GHz

GTX660

16GB RAM

EDIT: No flickering textures on inventory items AFAIK.

I have nearly the same hardware and experience the same kind of problems. Hopefully the "frame-drops-problem" will get fixed soon. :/

I have set all my video settings to the lowest option and can play with 25-30 frames in forests. In towns I am losing frames and play with just 10-15 frames, which is nearly unplayable.

I have dropped all the items, and even respawned with nothing and dropped everything

and still on the coast I get about 10mins before my FPs goes from 60 to about 25, and eventually grinds down to 10 before I give up

Hope you will fix this soon

Hello everybody:

the freezing problems and fps problems occurs during texture failures.

Me and my friends can play after doing following steps:

1. go into video options and disable texture filter

2. log in to a empty server (or server with only some players) and go directly in yout inventory, search for objects, that looks strange, drop them and run away. (You have to take a look in boxes and kits too.

After doing this we played some ours yesterday, without problems

Maybe this helps for you too.

confirm,works great

THX

• Like 1

It still isn't fixed!!!

No it's the weekend , they are not machines.

Reading through this threads responses, I have come to the conclusion there should be an IQ test to get into the alpha.

• Like 3

Played 2hours this afternoon...game runs fine and stable, no ultra lags, no freezes etc....found the new riffle, sewing kit, hard hats, ammo boxes etc...found a pair of punk style sprayed combat boots (cool)..sunglare/good ray fix works good...status reports (hydrated etc) do not reset though.

playing on musty NL server  :)

Edited by Private Evans
  • Like 1

my personal opinion: reduce god rays. in dayz you experience them practically all the time. and that is just not really realistic

• Like 1

good job with this update....it fixed NOTHING.

You STILL get the "You are dead." on respawn. I have to spend a good 30min+ clicking Respawn everytime I die just so I can play again. 

And ontop of this, gunshot sounds are broken. Half the time they make no sound even if standing right beside the person shooting. I have died many times now to someone shooting at me and it making ZERO sound.

Played 2hours this afternoon...game runs fine and stable, no ultra lags, no freezes etc....found the new riffle, sewing kit, hard hats, ammo boxes etc...found a pair of punk style sprayed combat boots (cool)..sunglare/good ray fix works good...status reports (hydrated etc) do not reset though.

They do, you just have to reach the status once for it to be able to reset. Meaning you have to drink/eat enough until you in fact are stuffed/energized/hydrated. From that point on the status indicators do work properly again.

Not sure what's going on. Pre patch and playing the current version on experimental I was fine, but now my frames just slowly start creeping down over the course of 30 minutes. After that, if I don't go near a town I can play at around 30 in the woods with occasional drops into the teens. 

Like I said I never had trouble before this patch went to stable and normally I was getting better frames than most of the people I play with. I would love to know the reason why some people are not experiencing this. Basically, people have suggested that it's everything from a GPU memory leak (nothing I can fix) to drop all your gear, but I've died since the patch so I just can't see that being the problem. Any actual information would be greatly appreciated. 

good job with this update....it fixed NOTHING.

You STILL get the "You are dead." on respawn. I have to spend a good 30min+ clicking Respawn everytime I die just so I can play again. 

And ontop of this, gunshot sounds are broken. Half the time they make no sound even if standing right beside the person shooting. I have died many times now to someone shooting at me and it making ZERO sound.

Really? I guess people are having different problems than others.. The only thing I found that was bad was Svetlojarsk; Get within 1200m and I lag right down from ~65 to ~5-9 fps and its permanent until I leave the area and go to a different server. Don't really have the sound issues you're enduring though.

This ^

No problems with new patch regarding framerate besides in Svetlojarsk. Crawled from 80+ right down to early teens. Might be to do with all the new loot there maybe?

No idea... before the patch I was able to go there no problem. That taxi building might be part of the problem; My friend found 14 Hard protector case boxes there yesterday along with 3 sks's a blaze 95 rifle and a bunch of other attachments >_>

Meh... I was selected for play the BETA of The Elder Scrolls Online this weekend, but there are so many problems in  this BETA game that I feel really really comfortable playing this ALPHA. For god´s sake this ALPHA is better than Elder Scrolls Online BETA

For what its worth, I was having all the above issues also.  Someone posted about dumping non-rendering gear which I followed.  The cans of food were easy because the were a solid brown or olive drab with no labels.  I had to dump them fast because I was glitching and freezing within 60 seconds of joining.  I actually had to restart three times to get all the cans dumped.

After that, it ran ok.  I was running through a field and noticed that I had another couple of pieces of gear in my inventory that would flicker occasionally.  I dumped them and have been running no problem for two hours last night. 

My friends, who have not experienced this problem, were guys who have died since this patch upgrade whereas I have not died yet.  They started with nothing, on the beach, and have been gaming just fine.

I get 30-60 FPS depending on the area.  I should note that I have not been to any of the larger cities yet so I don't know if I will have the same problems.

Thanks guys.

GeForce GTX 660

Intel I7-2600 3.4ghz

8 GB ddr

• Like 2

I respawned fresh but started experiencing the problems once I got close to the airport. The problem had never been so bad for me before, so I was assuming there were some bad items or people with them close by. I for sure had none on me. I therefore concluded that dropping only your stuff doesn't do much if there are people/items in the vicinity that haven't done the same.

• Like 1

The whole "drop your prepatch gear" hoopla is a complete lie, a myth, and at the same time, the worst BS i have heard my entire life.

I didnt even need to test anything to know that all of this is being conjured by the fanciful minds of people with no actual understanding of what a memory leak even is.

I have died twice since the patch. New characters each time. New servers each time. The latest I even felt bored and found a freshly restarted empty server.

Guess what... THE LAG STILL HAPPENS THERE TOO!

So to all the geniusses out there, claiming that people need to throw anything away: Shutup. By propagating these myths and BS fixes/solutions, you instantly make yourself about as useful as a fart in a perfume factory.

REAL SOLUTION?

Wait for a fix from Devs. The end.

• Like 3

The whole "drop your prepatch gear" hoopla is a complete lie, a myth, and at the same time, the worst BS i have heard my entire life.

I didnt even need to test anything to know that all of this is being conjured by the fanciful minds of people with no actual understanding of what a memory leak even is.

I have died twice since the patch. New characters each time. New servers each time. The latest I even felt bored and found a freshly restarted empty server.

So to all the geniusses out there, claiming that people need to throw anything away: Shutup. By propagating these myths and BS fixes/solutions, you instantly make yourself about as useful as a fart in a perfume factory.

REAL SOLUTION?

I cannot believe that hatefull post, chill out dude ;-)

I do not know if what you are saying is true or not, but the MASSIVE lag/freeze (not small lag) was ACTUALLY fix by droping gear that was glitching in my inventory (And that was a FIRST, I've never seen an item glitching in my inventory before that day.)

Getting rid of those made the game playable for both of us.

Coincidence? I do not know.

• Like 1

REAL SOLUTION?

Im pretty sure the "drop your gear thing" helped me. I stopped lagging after I dumped everything. Our friend with prepatch gear joined a server and we all had major lag spikes. Once he dumped the gear we all ran the game smoothly. 

• Like 1

Yeah, same here.

Eventually they fixed the axe, it's not playing gunshots sounds any longer if you hit a wall. But as you said, sometimes Guns do not make any sound. One Moment I hear them very clear and can count shots, the enxt Moment my freind claims via TS that there were more shots and I hear nothing but singing birds...

REAL SOLUTION?

lol. i laugh at your stupidness and ignorance.

me and 5 friends of mine remove flickering items, and then restart the game. and it works every time. The lag and framedrops dissapear. It has been confirmed to be working by hundreds of players.

You should keep your comments to yourself when you have no clue what so ever.

Edited by SunWorshiper
  • Like 2

lol. i laugh at your stupidness and ignorance.

me and 5 friends of mine remove flickering items, and then restart the game. and it works every time. The lag and framedrops dissapear. It has been confirmed to be working by hundreds of players.

You should keep your comments to yourself when you have no clue what so ever.

Except that all textures doesn't seem to be flickering and it doesn't seem to be items that only existed prior to the patch that causes the lag so.

7rJKLOU.jpg

Edited by LeChat