rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental branch: 0.34.XXXXX

Good looking fixes and additions again so far , but again "SKS Spawn Rate seems more than food/drink and any other item in game,every corner there is one SKS. Can food loot increase a bit in supermarkets  any chance? "

Also is there any date for  loot re-spawn rate fix? and possible camping tents and maybe bikes?  Prolly all gettig tired of spending  85% of their gametime by runing around. It's like 6 hours runing and 45 minutes scavenge and 10 minutes firefight everyday. We'll be look like somalian marathon runners soon:)

And Military tents still do not spawn any loot. (So guess it hasn't been fixed yet). More or less When Server Admins can able to access server logs and full admin features to get rid of cheaters?

Thanks in Advance,

Edited by =1PARA=Prime=C.O=

btw thx for making the post's colour font brighter!

My Dog eyes are killing me with that contrast

. Can food loot increase a bit in supermarkets  any chance?

No please no.

I like the realistic supermarkets in stadalone, that are looted like they would be during zombie apocalypse.

Do not want fully stocekd supermarkets like in the mod.

• Like 4

Dean are you available this Saturday evening? I would like to take you out for dinner and then possibly some shenanigans afterwards.

Sounds so great, rocket  :thumbsup: Awesome !!

Can you give us a hint how far we are away from loot respawning and..... Binoculars xD ? Would be great !

Edited by Rancor
  • Like 1

No please no.

I like the realistic supermarkets in stadalone, that are looted like they would be during zombie apocalypse.

Do not want fully stocekd supermarkets like in the mod.

I agree what you're saying but atm it has almost nothing at all due to loot re-spawning not working properly maybe. Still need a touch a bit to balance. Atm it's way low and all populated servers need multiple time restarts to keep the balance. Finding weapons is easier than finding foods so there is a  sign of a problem as there is no wildlife atm. People only camp around military bases now and none trying to fight for food/drink to survive because there is no target or point for that. If supermarket spawn slightly more loot then there will be some reason for people to go there or stop others to go there and loot .

This can spread the player numbers more equally around the map  instead of South/South West camping Whole day.

• Like 1

Sounds so great, rocket  :thumbsup: Awesome !!

Can you give us a hint how far we are away from loot respawning and..... Binoculars xD ? Would be great !

Loot respawning-not really interested unless it's on a say once every hour cycle...as long as it's not loot spawning by proximity like the mod.

But BINOCULARS>We neeeeeeeeds them preciousssssssssss! Yesssss we doessss!

• Like 4

Please reconsider the status of ruined rags / making rags from ruined clothing (currently generates a ruined rag). A rag is not a complex machine, so it's hard to imagine a zombie can damage a shirt so much it's not usable for even making rags.

Can I point something out here.

It is possible, actually. Think about it, if a rag tore to much, it would have too many holes, and be to loosely fitted to be able to actually stem bleeding. On top of this, if it's dirty you will infect yourself and the wound, maybe even going worse and forcing you to lose the arm.

So yes, it is VERY POSSIBLE for rags to be ruined to where they cannot be used.

Edited by MrDragon
  • Like 1

How does everyone in the DayZ universe know how to sew clithing, breakdown and clean weapons, use debibrillators, fly helicopters. None of those things are known when born. I didnt learn how to properly clean an M4 untill I joined the military. I still couldnt properly sew clothing back together.

This is an opportunity for a good mechanic to add to the worth of a character. Find books that teach this to each character you have. Make it so if you spend so much time next to someone who already read that skill book you can learn it too.

• Like 11

Once infection is in, you can have damaged or ruined rags more likely to cause one, sure.

But as a new spawn, getting hit by zombies one too many times, so you are bleeding and have a ruined shirt. But you can't tear up your shirt to bandage. That doesn't make any sense to me.

How does everyone in the DayZ universe know how to sew clithing, breakdown and clean weapons, use debibrillators, fly helicopters. None of those things are known when born. I didnt learn how to properly clean an M4 untill I joined the military. I still couldnt properly sew clothing back together.

This is an opportunity for a good mechanic to add to the worth of a character. Find books that teach this to each character you have. Make it so if you spend so much time next to someone who already read that skill book you can learn it too.

Great point mate, it would be perfect pve aspect for the game and would make the books useful than just reading and getting shot  while reading them.

Once infection is in, you can have damaged or ruined rags more likely to cause one, sure.

But as a new spawn, getting hit by zombies one too many times, so you are bleeding and have a ruined shirt. But you can't tear up your shirt to bandage. That doesn't make any sense to me.

1st thing I do when I respawn is rag my t-shirt...

• Like 2

the first thing I do when starting on the beach is making rags out of my t-shirt...people should stop whining and use their brain to find solutions ...

Edited by Private Evans
  • Like 1

Well i like that eventually all ruined items are going to be just scrap metal and you won't be able to use any of them, but dean IMO you should have firstly fixed the damage they are taking by bullets. It's not authentic for a backpack to receive a bullet and in response every little thing in the backpack becomes ruined. 

It should go like this: 1 bullet = max 2 random items get ruined, 2 bullets = 3 or so items, you get the point.

I also hope that you are aware about the dissapearing dead bodies issue. It seem like the 30 second timer stays even for dead bodies.

Edited by psarogen
  • Like 2

what about the bug with the hunting bag? or the forever stuffed bug? Are these going to be included at the fixes?

great work anyway

Edited by Polyandras

rocket, on 06 Feb 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:

• Weapons: Ballistic parameters of all projectiles tweaked for more realism (special thanks to Gews for his great analysis on weapon characteristics)

So Rocket.. are you making the M4 more accurate, how it should be, maybe add more sway instead of the spread? Or only the ballistics?

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/161661-accuracy-comparison-dayz-vs-arma-2/

Please bring it back to the gunplay like we had in Arma 2! That`s how everyone would want it.

So Rocket.. are you making the M4 more accurate, how it should be, maybe add more sway instead of the spread? Or only the ballistics?

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/161661-accuracy-comparison-dayz-vs-arma-2/

Please bring it back to the gunplay like we had in Arma 2! That`s how everyone would want it.

well he did say that they made the change thnx to the the OP of that link

Isn't it a little strange that bohemia interactive wanted input from a forum member ( A well respected one ) to fix things that are meant to be perfect from the beginning by bohemia devs? I mean bohemia is well know for realistic ballistics and realistic combat.

• Like 1

the first thing I do when starting on the beach is making rags out of my t-shirt...people should stop whining and use their brain to find solutions ...

Then the rags will get ruined when the zombie hits you. How's that an improvement?

• Like 1

All nice and dandy, but right now I've got two dead characters both affected by the bug which keeps you death. I'd really appreciate it if this gets fixed soon and I mean really soon...

Listed Mad, on 06 Feb 2014 - 5:06 PM, said:

It`s not about the ballistics, but the accuracy of some guns... i mean.. you should be able to shoot at a target 100m away... first shot lands to the left..ok possible.. so you aim at the exact same spot that you fired last, and then you hit the ground to the right of the target.. so that`s a problem, more accuracy, maybe more sway, but no spread, cause that doesn`t make sense at all.

• Like 2

If I can suggest something, make ruined items usable in regular mode, and keep it how it is for hardcore