Sign in to follow this  
Geckofrog7

Killing filthy surrender monkeys..

So the other day I found an orange raincoat. An ORANGE raincoat. Needless to say, I now had a will to survive.

Which always means that within two minutes, I will meet a very unpleasant person who would like to fill me full of led and take my alkaline battery and pants. Reliable as usual, fate came true. Some guy with a Mosin saw me at a distance and started taking pot shots. (He was the world's worst sniper, lol)

Having an empty shotgun and .45, I immediately walk into the open and surrender, while also dropping both (Again, empty) weapons onto the ground and walking a good 5 meters away from them.

I type into text chat "Here, you get better things if you hold up people instead of killing them." (By then he was close enough to read my text, while still taking horribly aimed shots at me while running) No reply except moar bullets.I again pleaded "Please, have mercy, this is the first time I found an orange raincoat, and I've been traveling up the coast for a long time now."

"YOU ARE DEAD"

So I ask why, why do people shoot, even after they've surrendered and are obviously not a threat. Is it punishment for acting like a coward? Is it some sick sport? Or do they really think some guy in an orange raincoat is stupid enough to punch them for their mosin?

Sorry if I sound like I'm raging about a death.  :P

I actually laugh usually at the creative and hilarious ways I've died. It's kind of my specialty. But this was kind of...

Disappointing? I dunno. Just kinda lame.

TEAL DEER:

Why would you shoot someone who surrendered and dropped their weapons 10 meters away?

Some people don't care about anything, and especially not other players.

I think the best thing to do in that situation is to run away. The shooter is certainly not going to have a chat with you if he/she is KOS'ing you, so you might as well get out of reach.

Having an empty shotgun and .45, I immediately walk into the open and surrender, while also dropping both (Again, empty) weapons onto the ground and walking a good 5 meters away from them.

This just proves that in Chernarus, murder is uncommon, but there are a lot of suicides. You can commit suicide very easily, if you are not careful.

(with apologies to Terry Pratchett)

If people let their gun do the talking, then why do you think that they'd show mercy on you? They wouldn't start shooting unless they were out to kill you. Not everyone kills for loot.

If you are left alive its a risk that you may kill someone else.

Basically killing is a pro-active way to prevent killing.

• Like 1

Two questions please.

If he can't hit you from a distance, while you're standing still, why would you think it would be the greatest idea, to keep standing still, while he was walking towards you still shooting?

Did you at any point consider that if he couldn't hit you while standing still, it would be even more difficult for him, if you, you know... simply ran away?

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 2

So the other day I found an orange raincoat. An ORANGE raincoat. Needless to say, I now had a will to survive.

Which always means that within two minutes, I will meet a very unpleasant person who would like to fill me full of led and take my alkaline battery and pants. Reliable as usual, fate came true. Some guy with a Mosin saw me at a distance and started taking pot shots. (He was the world's worst sniper, lol)

I type into text chat "Here, you get better things if you hold up people instead of killing them." (By then he was close enough to read my text, while still taking horribly aimed shots at me while running) No reply except moar bullets.I again pleaded "Please, have mercy, this is the first time I found an orange raincoat, and I've been traveling up the coast for a long time now."

"YOU ARE DEAD"

So I ask why, why do people shoot, even after they've surrendered and are obviously not a threat. Is it punishment for acting like a coward? Is it some sick sport? Or do they really think some guy in an orange raincoat is stupid enough to punch them for their mosin?

I actually laugh usually at the creative and hilarious ways I've died. It's kind of my specialty. But this was kind of...

TEAL DEER:

Why would you shoot someone who surrendered and dropped their weapons 10 meters away?

Because despite him being a bad shot, you chose to stay instead of run away which make your intentions suspicious? :D

• Like 1

your only not a threat if you are out of arm's length and have no weapon.

I prefer to kos to be a nice guy and send you on a free trip to the coast

oh and ask the fully kitted out guy I mike tyson'd for his gear if he thinks I am stupid.

Edited by excitable1

TEAL DEER:

I kill everyone and if you want to know why it is because i am on an ever lasting quest to find the first person who betrayed me on the game.

Its rather funny actually, every person i kill i do so thinking that might have been one of the pricks that betrayed me in the past.

So if you want to know why i do it it's not because im shooting at you so to speak, i am shooting at every fxcker who has treated me like a piece of shit in the past in that slim SLIM hope that i may one day have my revenge.

Dont take it to heart, gearing up is as easy as washing the dishes at the moment (i actually do all my washing up during the journey from fresh spawn to NEAF)

Someone did it to them. So, now they're doing it to you.

You hit the nail on the head.

Edited by africanhungergames

TEAL DEER:

No offense, but why the frick are you asking this question that has been asked literally 10 millions times? You know the answer already!

It's not really rocket science to figure out that:

A:  the game has literally NO features right now so after gearing up which is incredibly easy the only thing left to do is hunt players.

B: running out into a field in a bright orange target, surrendering and waiting to get shot doesn't magically make you INVULNERBLE.

If you were really serious about not wanting to lose that giant target on your back then you would have hid in the brush when traveling not run out into an empty field screaming shoot me please...

Gosh I swear they need to pin this thread so when the next genius gets shot he can have the psychology of why he got shot explained to him

Cause there is no good reason not to shoot you?

Let's see in real life why not to kill people:

- can be bad for mental health

- you risk being excluded from community and become outcast forced to live without luxury

- you need other people's skills/work

Reasons why not kill in DayZ:

• Like 3

"YOU ARE DEAD"

TEAL DEER:

part of the game. gonna have to deal with it. :/

Why would you want to surrender to someone who is blatantly trying to kill you?

I'm sure his finger kept slipping onto the trigger even while he was running towards you.

I'm also sure that he was yelling "Friendly! Friendly!" whilst he did all this.

• Like 1

Protip: when taking sniper fire, DO NOT stand still with your hands in the air :facepalm:

But...but...

I had a raincoat...

You aren't allowed to shoot people in raincoats....

pretty much this. its sad. so sad.

Or do they really think some guy in an orange raincoat is stupid enough to punch them for their mosin?

Because there's always assholes

or people who don't play the way you wanna play lol :D

As it has been said many many times in the past on these very forums, because of the current stage of development that DayZ SA is in, there is not a whole bunch to do, past gearing and doing some general exploration, many people resort to killing other players, as this game evolves and more and more content gets added in, I expect people shooting others for no real reason will drastically decrease, there won't be any penalty to killing, however with the promise of larger groups of zombies and rarer loot spawns, people will be more apt to be more choosy when they do shoot.

lol sorry if I caused a "search first noob, it's been said a thousand times b4" thread. :D

I'm just curious as to why people find it fun I guess.

Me? KOS banditry would  bore me to death.

I love the human interaction of the game, even if it gets me killed constantly.

• Like 1

Let's see in real life why not to kill people:

- can be bad for mental health

- you risk being excluded from community and become outcast forced to live without luxury

- you need other people's skills/

Ha ha joke..... right? This reads like a prison essay by a reformed psychopath ;) Edited by Mandrake