DirtyscumbagLith

Read first before you complain about other players

Let's start with the basics.

This is a katana. Samurai used these to protect themselves. They did not use it for decorations or chopping wood. These used it for killing and maiming people. It is considered a "weapon".

katana.jpg

This is an M4. This is NOT a hunting rifle. Its also a "weapon".  It was designed to kill people.

Hint: when you see someone pointing one of these at you, it might result in a bad day.

M4_MOE.jpg

Arguments:

"I'm friendly"

This might very well be true. But shouting this at a non-friendly player does not automatically make them friendly.

"Why shoot me? All my stuff will be ruined."

True, it will become ruined. But A.) You might have a rifle/axe/handgun and are only talking to be to later kill me so Im at protecting myself by eliminating that risk. B.) Being in Polano with nothing but an empty town and birds chirping is boring, so that person might want to have some fun and kill you. "But all my stuff is RUINED WHY WOU...Shhhhh, hot pants. Shooting people is fun. There is a lot at risk, so that makes it enticing and exciting. There's zero excitement in hiding in a town with nothing to do, so people up the antes and shoot each other. C.) Look above at the M4 picture. That gun is meant to shoot people. Now in case you are in a fit of rage having just died in Dayz and didn't read or catch that, an M4 is meant to shoot people. People being the operative word. So to argue logic, that player is using the M4 how it is meant to be used- to shoot people. You dont hunt game with an assault rifle unless you're Rambo. You use it to kill people.

"Why can't be all be happy and cheerful and get along?"

A.) Its the zombie apocalypse, there is a total breakdown of society and a police state. You really think people are going to get along? Like the Walking Dead, your biggest fear is PEOPLE. B.) Wouldn't Dayz be the worst game ever if nobody shot each other- we all helped each other and fed one another- we all ran around saying hello, hugging each other. That would be terrible. With the fear of not knowing what a stranger player will do is what makes this game exciting- they might help you, they might kill you- they might friend you and be nice to you for 18 minutes then all of a sudden, they might kill you. That is what makes this game so unique and fun to play- FEAR.

So quit whining about people. This is the game. As long as there are weapons, expect this.

1338574878678_9004890.png

• Like 13

Why not use your m4 to kill the hoards of undead?... Oh wait there are none and axe is op... And in the walking dead the zombies are big threat, bigger than people and did you ever see anyone shooting on site in the walking dead? (Main character wise) and to compare that HUGE mob of undead when they were going to the veterinarian college to a small group of people is stupid, therefore i find it weird that not once you mentioned zombies. Hopefully there will be less kos wen base building and stuff is in

• Like 6

Why not use your m4 to kill the hoards of undead?... Oh wait there are none and axe is op... And in the walking dead the zombies are big threat, bigger than people and did you ever see anyone shooting on site in the walking dead? (Main character wise) and to compare that HUGE mob of undead when they were going to the veterinarian college to a small group of people is stupid, therefore i find it weird that not once you mentioned zombies. Hopefully there will be less kos wen base building and stuff is in

Shooting zombies brings more zombies, so no, I never shoot them.

To me, zombies arent much of a threat. Never died by one. People, on the other hand...

• Like 1

This isn't TWD and isn't trying to be...

Edited by SpartanxApathy
  • Like 1

I agree, complaining about getting killed is stupid.

I died at the NEAF yesterday. My immediate response was not to come on here and whine about it, I just shrugged and said to myself "I'll be more careful next time" and got on with it. 

Whining about getting killed is a waste of time and it achieves nothing.

• Like 8

"I'm friendly"

This might very well be true. But shouting this at a non-friendly player does not automatically make them friendly.

That was my favorite complaint in the mod, someone shouts friendly, you shoot them for whatever reason, and they rage in sidechat about how "I SAID I WAS FRIENDLY". My response was generally, "I didn't".

• Like 5

Consider DayZ with friendly-fire disabled.

Now that that's sunk in, I hope you realize how fucking boring the game would be. There are what, a handful of zombies in the towns after a server restart? Maybe two handfuls in the cities? You don't even need to attack zombies. I've mentioned before that I've had half a dozen zombies following me around a village while I looted the houses. They were following me the entire time in all of their clipping-through-walls, waiting-two-seconds-before-they-swing-at-you glory. Just keep strafing left and right around them and they cannot hit you.

THE ONLY THING THAT WILL KEEP A GAME LIKE DAYZ INTERESTING IS THE POTENTIAL PLAYER-VERSUS-PLAYER COMBAT.

Even after vehicles. Even after bases. It doesn't matter. Vehicles will allow you to kill more players faster, if you so choose. Bases will allow you to quickly restock your character after a death. OP is correct. The adrenaline rush comes from the potential of other people killing you.

/thread

• Like 3

It's funny listening to other people who think their way of playing the game is the right way. I'm just stating facts. I've never told people how to play. Heal me, shoot at me, whatever floats your boat.

This game has no rules. That's what makes it truly great. Stop whining about it and embrace it.

• Like 2

Its funny listening to bandits trying to justify there actions

LOL. If you got that from my post, you didn't comprehend anything I wrote.

I never try to justify my actions. I've admitted several times about killing people for their stuff. And if there stuff is now ruined when I shoot them, /shrug/.

But always funny listening to you guys complain about being shot by an M4- which is designed to be used against PEOPLE.

Hint: PEOPLE is the operative word.

Don't trust anyone.. not even if they say they're friendly!

Just been playing with a friend who met someone who was a 'friendly'. I left them to it... my friend was shot, unconscious. Other guy left. I brought my friend back to life... only to discover his 300 ammo box and mosin had been swapped for an m4... I laughed! :-D

... did you ever see anyone shooting on site in the walking dead? ...

aCPTifV.jpg

• Like 3

Death is to be expected. fully geared up, finally got my M4 attachments max'ed out the way I like it. Took a day and a half to get setup just right. Carelessly ran in to a building and nearly bumped head on with the guy who had his shotgun out. I honestly think he puled the trigger by reaction, a reaction to "AAAHHH HOLY 5H1T!" being as scared as I was to see him I nearly jumped out of my seat. I caught his one and only shot in my chest, he didn't even raise it (hip fired). initial reaction on my part after "You Are Dead."" "FFFUUUUuuuu!!!!!!" ESC/Exit, ..Rage out of room. 15 minutes later, all calm back in the game, fresh spawn.

That's just the way it is.

• Like 5

I dont know how many zombies are in yet ,but if the servers had a hundred thousand undead... Just saying...

KOS would pretty much be an extinct tactic then.

TL;DR

I want more zombies.

nothing new here.

Just recycled thoughts in support of a play style presented in an unoriginal and dim witted way.

Death is to be expected. fully geared up, finally got my M4 attachments max'ed out the way I like it. Took a day and a half to get setup just right. Carelessly ran in to a building and nearly bumped head on with the guy who had his shotgun out. I honestly think he puled the trigger by reaction, a reaction to "AAAHHH HOLY 5H1T!" being as scared as I was to see him I nearly jumped out of my seat. I caught his one and only shot in my chest, he didn't even raise it (hip fired). initial reaction on my part after "You Are Dead."" "FFFUUUUuuuu!!!!!!" ESC/Exit, ..Rage out of room. 15 minutes later, all calm back in the game, fresh spawn.

That's just the way it is.

lol.

same thing happened to me- basically ran into each other and both shooting because we flinched. he killed me and i heard this little kid saying "dude! im sorry! you scared the shit out of me! so sorry! sorry!" LOL!!!

is it just me, but u ever get bored fully geared? i was alive for 3 days and got bored, so i went on a suicide run in cherno yesterday...saw someone killing a bambi and then blasted him despite his "no bro dont shoot me"! (as a bambi layed at his feet). i happily got taken out by a sniper and i respawned, with a smile, excited i get to farm again. something about farming is fun (and the crazy circumstances that u get in while doing so).

• Like 2

nothing new here.

Just recycled thoughts in support of a play style presented in an unoriginal and dim witted way.

Oh yes. Please tell me how unoriginal my style of play is "Macdeth". Nice icon too. Im sure youre the friendliest player out there.

This is just another pointless post by an arrogant KOS player that presumes to know exactly what would and wouldn't happen if a zombie apocalypse occurred. Try studying history. Human civilization has collapsed time and time again and humans have always rebuilt, albeit slowly. Not once did everyone immediately start randomly murdering each other.

If you choose to play like a cawadoody kiddie, that's your choice, but spare us the ridiculous rationalization. 

• Like 2

Its funny listening to bandits trying to justify there actions

Me thinks you get killed by bandits a lot judging by how bitter you are lol

edit:

This is just another pointless post by an arrogant KOS player that presumes to know exactly what would and wouldn't happen if a zombie apocalypse occurred. Try studying history. Human civilization has collapsed time and time again and humans have always rebuilt, albeit slowly. Not once did everyone immediately start randomly murdering each other.

If you choose to play like a cawadoody kiddie, that's your choice, but spare us the ridiculous rationalization. 

The rationalization really isn't all that ridiculous. I just think most people dont want to admit that without PvP this game would not be as exciting or awesome.

Get over it, you're gonna die eventually

Edited by DeatHTaX

Oh yes. Please tell me how unoriginal my style of play is "Macdeth". Nice icon too. Im sure youre the friendliest player out there.

firstly show me where I said your style of play was unoriginal.

I think you'll find if you reread my post I was clearly referring to your original post.

and I am neutral, I allow other survivors to decide their own fates by observing and then acting in accordance with their behaviour.

Me thinks you get killed by bandits a lot judging by how bitter you are lol

edit:

The rationalization really isn't all that ridiculous. I just think most people dont want to admit that without PvP this game would not be as exciting or awesome.

Get over it, you're gonna die eventually

I will respectfully disagree with you there bud. I'm currently playing as a helpful guy but yesterday I shot at least 7 people in Cherno and Balota. I think this game is more about player interaction - not player vs. player. Obviously we do need some bandits but I hardly EVER meet a friendly - I've never met a geared friendly player.

There's a difference between this game and COD...

Edited by GoldenKade

the large New York blackout in the seventies led to massive looting and rioting. only one day without power in one of the most civilized cities of the western world ended with over a thousand shops vandalized and thousands of arrests

in the aftermath of the hurricane Katrina, chaos prevailed, from home owners scared of looters taking up arms against every stranger entering their neighborhood, over police officers switching sides and joining looters, to outright "KoS" murder in the instance of the Danziger Bridge shootings

in the aftermath of the Haiti earthquake, many areas turned lawless, with scavengers and looters fighting to the death over scraps, home and business owners lynching looters, and police shooting to kill. among the stories that made western media was the teenage girl shot dead for saving a few colourful paintings from a wrecked store, and the little kid nearly stoned to death by looters, miraculously saved by a CNN reporter who was covering the unrest..

during catastrophic events, the most extreme aspects of human nature surface. from extreme heroism to extreme vile. i have no doubt that what we witness on the game servers is not too far away from reality. and thats probably the appeal of this game, which rocket - not without reason - refers to as social experiment

Edited by e47
  • Like 1

firstly show me where I said your style of play was unoriginal.

I think you'll find if you reread my post I was clearly referring to your original post.

and I am neutral, I allow other survivors to decide their own fates by observing and then acting in accordance with their behaviour.

So in other words you're the first one to die in a fire fight when someone draws a gun on you lol

did you ever see anyone shooting on site in the walking dead? (Main character wise)

I'm no KOS fan by any means, but yes...there was KOS going on, just not main characters. Remember that group in the woods the Gov's new clan (not lead by the Gov) decided to leave alone, changed their minds, and when they came back everyone was dead and looted?

Oh, wow, that's actually a perfect live-action DayZ example.

Edited by sacrdandprofne

Shooting an unnarmed player that says "friendly" to you don't make you an asshole, just makes you a Coward to do so, I never waste a bullet on unnarmed people, unless they have a knife or axe and try to approach without sign of communication (wich I allways offer to contribute by talking to people) all you writed here is true, but only because zombies are non existent now, when they turn into real problem for human players in the game and start eating your ass up, you'll think twice before killing people on sight.