rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.33.114782

Here is my opinion on this, although I doubt anyone cares. 

The people working on DayZ are doing a very good job. They are not Rockstar to have a budget of 300 million $. Nor did they make this game for 5 years. The new content every 2 weeks is something balanced and what we can handle.

But, I do not wish that people stop complaining nor giving support. It is the communities criticism with the communities support that keeps these guy knowing they are not making this for nothing.

All the people complaining, do so, but do it in a constructive way. People supporting the DayZ staff keep on doing it withouth exaggeration, sometimes you guys should criticise too (also goes for the complainers to give a compliment sometimes).

And for the DayZ staff (you have my :beans:) , keep doing what you do. Stick to your plan, because so far it worked for me and many others. I am satisfied with the alpha, and can not even imagine the beta, especially the release...

:thumbsup:  Cheers Everyone!!!  :thumbsup:

Edited by Mancow
  • Like 4

"Health care building now spawn loot"....

which building is health care?

"Health care building now spawn loot"....

which building is health care?

The little building with a cross next to military tents next to airfields. They used to be empty.

• Like 1

30 seconds delay will not stop combat logging....must be one minute..at least...or find some other solution...

Yep I agree. In perspective, I can leave my character in a safe place for 20mins or more while I'm away from the computer and never be in any danger. So 30 seconds is nothing at all. Players logging out inside a building isn't considered safe so make the log out time longer to force players to find a proper safe place like a forest when they log out.

I think 1 minute is about right to properly have an impact on combat logging.

• Like 3

Please PLEASE fix the ladder suicide issues....It's happened to me and my mates too many times..and quite frankly it ends it for us until it gets fixed. Nothing like having a fully geared character for a week then dying because instead of grabbing the ladder, he lunges off of it, off the building, in the grips of the grim reaper.

Fix the bug at prison(krasno)... Always guys inside the walls in servers full.

• Like 1

Please PLEASE fix the ladder suicide issues....It's happened to me and my mates too many times..and quite frankly it ends it for us until it gets fixed. Nothing like having a fully geared character for a week then dying because instead of grabbing the ladder, he lunges off of it, off the building, in the grips of the grim reaper.

I definitely agree with this, though it doesn't break the game for me like they feel. I've just been avoiding ladders as they are death obstacles

we need cars or tents ........ no storage = game pointless

tents/cars/bikes/etc (silently riding up on peeps was KA in Mod)

Also,  bushes are needed in woods for hiding things plus cutting down stuff for cover.

One day I would like see Dayz add lockable safes, (burying stuff with a shovel)  and metal detectors that go beep!

Plus, digging quick foxholes and big hideouts would be cool too.

Also, I could bury a Car/anything in RL, if i wanted!

Really, in an real apocalypse,

I would build a bunker like in the movie  "Tremor".

hero.jpg

If not now, maybe next one.

Edited by iDash

The little building with a cross next to military tents next to airfields. They used to be empty.

sure? could be the new mini-hospital in the new City North east

Not really, and I'm "European" too I am also an Engineering student and as such I cannot agree to changing a mile to 1,5 Km simply because it's easier to remember. Do you realize what would happen if someone would make a sat nav that rounds up units ?

Again you cannot cut 109 meters off a unit simply because it's easier to remember, it does not work like that.

And this my friends is a great proof that metric system is far superior. Because in every country using it a km is the same, metre is the same etc. and miles and yards are different in different countries.

Also I don't need to throw up when I eat too much, yea I feel less than comfortable, yes I can't move my ass off the chair but I don't vomit. Because normal people don't shove food down their throat once they are full, so they might get bit stuffed but not to the point you vomit. Unless you're a 300 kg pile of fat.

Math nazi :D

Again, if you look in Wiki, you'll see different types of miles. Italian or metric mile (used in Olympics) is equal to 1500 meters so I couldn't care less that international mile is 1.6 km long :D

p.s.

For me 1 inch is equal to 2.5cm.

I definitely agree with this, though it doesn't break the game for me like they feel. I've just been avoiding ladders as they are death obstacles

Well the ladder issues isn't the sole reason we are staying away from the SA, but one of the major ones.

Nah, it's related to the new town - as stated above, mini-hospital in svetlablavlavla.

Eatingsystem seems strange right now, i ate like 6 cans, hunger was gone - after 5 minutes hunger was back, 5 minutes later i died of starvation.

Survival in a zombie apocalypse is not possible without hoarding

Hoarding is not possible with server hopping and ghosting. In other words, you can be safe defending your camp/base till small group of attackers hop through few servers and spawn just in the middle of your camp/base. (Surprise mother$&@%#*!!!)

Don't get attached to your character or gear. Death is part of this game and it's always around you, disguised as a zombie, another player, stairway or a ladder :D

One day I would like see Dayz add lockable safes, (burying stuff with a shovel)  and metal detectors that go beep!

Plus, digging quick foxholes and big hideouts would be cool too.

Also, I could bury a Car/anything in RL, if i wanted!

Really, in an real apocalypse,

I would build a bunker like in the movie  "Tremor".

If not now, maybe next one.

Only if it goes *POOF!* after your character dies.

Edited by Simplicity

As a hint and workaround: never stand next to a ladder looking directly at it. You can nearly always use the ladder action either from farther away of from the side of it looking at the floor. That way if your character decides to vault, it has the room for it.

One little tip I've learned when dealing with ladders.. make sure your weapon is on your back.  nothing in your hands.  I've managed not to die from climbing ladders, for the most part, from doing this.  And for those who like to carry 2 main weapons, well.. going to have to drop one of them for the time.  :)

If your characters decides to vault or lunge ahead when trying to grab a ladder, simply turn around and your character will vault onto the roof. I've NEVER died in a ladder while using this trick. Without the trick is a different story tho :P

However, I haven't had an issue with the ladders since the last patch. They work quite fine for me, and the character doesn't vault/lunge around anymore.

any news about magnum sound?

last i see Chris coment: must have been some mistake. I'll look into it.

pls change it

if u fall down from a ladder just use the ladder while falling to grab a rung.

Go Away.

You too. Who cares if you lose your character, go loot more and get geared up, there are plenty of warnings telling you that would happen. Before you bought the game even! Anyone who has paid attention to the dev process knows that there will be no base building or vehicles for a long time. See you in a year!

Edited by V3teran

Loosing the char dont really bother me, im kinda bored of looting up and killing high level characters. I squad wiped a whole team the other week while playing solo, took at 6 all on my own while moving and playing the waiting game.

Im basically bored after 132hrs straight and i cant be bothered to play after this new patch just to try one new gun lol like the SKS...(yawn).

Is there going to be a fix for zombies running through stuff like walls and fences, etc.?

Loosing the char dont really bother me, im kinda bored of looting up and killing high level characters. I squad wiped a whole team the other week while playing solo, took at 6 all on my own while moving and playing the waiting game.

Im basically bored after 132hrs straight and i cant be bothered to play after this new patch just to try one new gun lol like the SKS...(yawn).

132 hrs straight? You must be tired!