Zjasuu

Clothes That Say: I'm The Good Guy.

bggs.jpg

propably bandits. would KoS.

• Like 2

And wait till you get shot while you're not aiming your gun? Really bro?          

If you AIM a gun you are a threat. If you have it lowered you are at least 2 split seconds away from aiming so...ye..."bro" you get shot faster if aiming...( circumstancial ofc ).

Upon Initial contact with loners we useally have the "contacter" a gun drawn and the "observer" in a flank overwatching booth parties on the ready until we determined what to do and how to react to the loner.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

If you AIM a gun you are a threat. If you have it lowered you are at least 2 split seconds away from aiming so...ye..."bro" you get shot faster if aiming...( circumstancial ofc ).

Upon Initial contact with loners we useally have the "contacter" a gun drawn and the "observer" in a flank overwatching booth parties on the ready until we determined what to do and how to react to the loner.

You are playing in a group... most players meet up in a 1vs1 situation.

Lowering the weapon in such a situation is incredibly stupid because it invites the other person to shot you or at least handcuff you to steal all your items and/or feed you weird stuff.

@rest, always aim your weapon towards the other person if possible... while doing this you can try to talk.

If the other person is a bandit and you talk first, you will most likely die in the moment you raise your voice as this gives him a slight advantage.

Friendly reactions towards a bandit player (F1, voice) result in a fast death most of the time. That's why I KoS if the player wears Full-Camo.

There are friendly players who wear that stuff, but they are the minority. I'm not taking that risk.

Edited by YassirX

bggs.jpg

This clownery is catching on, I goddamn told you so, but you guys thought it was so cute and now they are taking over!

I go with the UN beret and then plain green tac gear plus black assault vest ... it announce me perfectly .. I'm not bad but I am probably not good ... >__> ... though i would like to have more nice interactions xD

I use the green beret not the russian one the New Zealand one and full ttkso gear. I only play first person if i saw you first and i had the chance id stalk you to see if alone etc and when i get to a point i know i have the advantage to get you to stop ill announce myself...( play first person servers only )

What happens then is completely up to you (this is hyperthetical ) from here ill decide what i am going to do lol does it get me shot more often than if i just pulled the trigger yeah if i am honest it does but i have had some intense gun fights and my story in some of them was me getting shot down.

I wouldnt class myself as a hero because i will KOS you on an airfield mil base cause weell tension there is high cause sorry we both at that point contesting for gear but also a tense stand off in a place like that gets you shot from a third party lol.

But if i see you anywhere else ill do what i can to not kill you so i can try figure out what you are ( and i have been wrong and gotten back stabbed lol the death of a stupid hero ).

Honestly i am sure there plenty of smart bandits out there i have been killed by a few that conned me well enough to drop my guard but many of the straight KOS guys will auto try run or turn to shoot etc and then i fire i dont feel good or bad about it had fun stalking them..

if you have a clown mask on you're either a bandit or an idiot same thing as the bike helmets though for some reason I don't view them being quite so psycho.  Fair play if you do wear a clown mask specially all the heros, as it takes a special kind of hero to wear a clown mask, hey bandits can wear plaid know what I mean?

if you have a clown mask on you're either a bandit or an idiot same thing as the bike helmets though for some reason I don't view them being quite so psycho.  Fair play if you do wear a clown mask specially all the heros, as it takes a special kind of hero to wear a clown mask, hey bandits can wear plaid know what I mean?

Whats wrong with wearing a bike helmet ?? if i am going anywhere near the coast i like to wear one stops you from getting knocked out ( well it helps).

Im not big on the payday masks lol but i wont instantly waste someone cause there wearing one unless i am in a high loot  high traffic area...

Why on earth would anyone aim their guns or have gun at the ready in a land where unknown groups of people killing others on sight, even helpless unarmed folks. Presumably we can assume our characters should know that at this point if we've been playing DayZ for ages.  I personally where military clothes to blend in. I see red/orange/green clothing and backpack colors from much further away on other players than camo clothing. If you watched the PC Gamer stream where the camo guy was leading the pack, they had trouble following him through the woods. But i just know this from observing players regardless. I walk slowly crouched because i want to see other players before they see me, I have my gun out because if someone KOS'es me, i want to take him with me and i have received no mercy after putting my hands up the several times i used to walk around with my gun holstered and caught off guard. You'll find me aiming a mosin or an M4 with an ACOG on sniper points in Cherno, protecting survivors if i can, using the scope to see better. I bet i've been killed just as often or more so by guys with very loose rules of engagement than pure PVP KOS players. Lastly, in a game with lag, where you can aim you gun and shoot before the other players computer even received the signal that you lifted your gun up, it really helps to aim at another player your encounter with a weapon out, especially if they have an M4 or magnum at close range.

Edited by Thane

My hero uniform is a hoodie and baseball cap with jeans. Sometimes I'll throw on a beret. The most normal looking clothing is hero clothing. If you see someone wearing any type of mask at all it's probably a bandit. Just as in real life, you can't trust people who hide behind masks. It's funny how you can read people by their clothing the same way you would in real life. People tend to dress for what they intend. If they intend to murder people, they look the part. I try to look as unconventional and nonthreatening as possible when I play, whether I'm playing as a hero or a bandit. I don't want players shooting me out of fear no matter what my intentions are. My advice to a typical bandit wearing typical bandit gear would be to do yourself a favor and don't scream "I'm coming to kill you" before you even get a chance to open your mouth; even if you are coming to kill them.  ^_^

Edited by Solopopo

This has been "suggested" and talked about in the forums but I haven't seen any real topics about this so far. Anyways... I think it would be great if the community could make up a certain dress code for people who want to help people. Now we berets and all these different clothes so there could be a way to dress up and people would see you without taking you as a threat.

When ever I have "end game gear" I take everyone with a gun as a threat, but if there was a guy with the certain clothing I could go and talk to him, and if I'm a new spawn I always avoid people who have gas masks and M4's. But if I saw a guy wearing let's say a blue beret and a respirator maybe? I would know that he just wants to help me, I could go to him and ask for supplies.

Sorry this text is pretty chaotic because I wrote it at the same time I was thinking these things. Ideas? 

HErlF7n.jpg

dress in black always black so either ill kos or i might just watch and see what ya do

Im not big on the payday masks lol but i wont instantly waste someone cause there wearing one unless i am in a high loot  high traffic area...

good for you m8, thing is though there are plenty who do, & those that do operate a shoot on sight policy tend to know what their at in the game, & they know it is expected. Must be funny being in a war and not knowing who your adversary is. Can't forget there are plenty of clowns in game who don't reveal themselves with masks..

Edited by Calibre

good for you m8, thing is though there are plenty who do, & those that do operate a shoot on sight policy tend to know what their at in the game, & they know it is expected. Must be funny being in a war and not knowing who your adversary is. Can't forget there are plenty of clowns in game who don't reveal themselves with masks..

no doubt there are bandits who wear pay day masks lol but there are bandits who wear camo there bandits who wear yellow rain coats there are bandits who are fresh spawned lol .

Anyone could be a bandit so i am carefull with everyone like i say stalking ( first person view only servers) them getting into a good shot position behind cover and calling out to them, i have done it to a guy in a dallas mask result and he spun around gun up so i shot i dont think he was a bandit because of the mask but because of his reaction because my call out didnt sound like i robbery as i start with i dont want to have to shoot you so stop (no put ya hands up go prone go prone mother fucker, which tells them its a robbery lol ) ill tell them to shoulder there weapon and turn around then from a distance have a little chat.

If the situation feels suss i shoot or use the exit plan i have thought of before calling out to them( which has resulted in some awesome prelonged medium long range shoot offs and there a thrill more so than pull the trigger on a guys back..

My method aint perfect nor is it for everyone but it is honestly a better chance of picking a bandit this way than i do by looking at what they wear. Had the SA since day one ( played the mod since may 2012) and in SA i have  killed 17 people ( died alot more times than that but most of those where early deaths to bugs testing ) and id say i would have had atleast 80% where definately bandits or KOS killers because a survivour pretty quickly after talking to me will realize i am not trying to get there stuff or take there blood/life.

Have ended some meetings with some nice trade ( i keep can openers and parts for guns i am not using for such trade or to give to people i play with when they are on. Had a fairly fresh spawn who obviously got lucky and found a LRS ( i use the mosin so i dont need to hit mil bases) he traded it for my green beret that yes i had gotten from a mil base ( when i am in a group we do raids on the major targets.)It was a happy day tense situation ended in getting a great item without life lost ( oh i was KOSed 2 hours later though never saw my killer maybe he was wearing a mask maybe he wasnt lol.

no doubt there are bandits who wear pay day masks lol but there are bandits who wear camo there bandits who wear yellow rain coats there are bandits who are fresh spawned lol .

Anyone could be a bandit so i am carefull with everyone like i say stalking ( first person view only servers) them getting into a good shot position behind cover and calling out to them, i have done it to a guy in a dallas mask result and he spun around gun up so i shot i dont think he was a bandit because of the mask but because of his reaction because my call out didnt sound like i robbery as i start with i dont want to have to shoot you so stop (no put ya hands up go prone go prone mother fucker, which tells them its a robbery lol ) ill tell them to shoulder there weapon and turn around then from a distance have a little chat.

If the situation feels suss i shoot or use the exit plan i have thought of before calling out to them( which has resulted in some awesome prelonged medium long range shoot offs and there a thrill more so than pull the trigger on a guys back..

My method aint perfect nor is it for everyone but it is honestly a better chance of picking a bandit this way than i do by looking at what they wear. Had the SA since day one ( played the mod since may 2012) and in SA i have  killed 17 people ( died alot more times than that but most of those where early deaths to bugs testing ) and id say i would have had atleast 80% where definately bandits or KOS killers because a survivour pretty quickly after talking to me will realize i am not trying to get there stuff or take there blood/life.

Have ended some meetings with some nice trade ( i keep can openers and parts for guns i am not using for such trade or to give to people i play with when they are on. Had a fairly fresh spawn who obviously got lucky and found a LRS ( i use the mosin so i dont need to hit mil bases) he traded it for my green beret that yes i had gotten from a mil base ( when i am in a group we do raids on the major targets.)It was a happy day tense situation ended in getting a great item without life lost ( oh i was KOSed 2 hours later though never saw my killer maybe he was wearing a mask maybe he wasnt lol.

as I said m8 there are plenty of idiots in clown masks, the lore of the game is clear and has been established over years, bandits wear masks, hero's wear plaid. Anyone who interperates this differently is in effect saying that they are bigger than the DayZ lore, but they're greatly mistaken. If you're not a bandit take the mask off for your own good.

as I said m8 there are plenty of idiots in clown masks, the lore of the game is clear and has been established over years, bandits wear masks, hero's wear plaid. Anyone who interperates this differently is in effect saying that they are bigger than the DayZ lore, but they're greatly mistaken. If you're not a bandit take the mask off for your own good.

LOL well not everyone Knows this law ( which is from when humanity came in so it was a different story there is no humanity or skin to relate to it....

I have killed lots of guys in plaid shirts and most if not all where bandits lol i personally dont wear pay day masks and naturally suss of anyone who does but still doesnt make them a bandit...... ( honestly id say atleast 75% people playing are bandits and there wearing almost anything a smart bandit wont wear a mask infact i killed a bandit who was wearing blue plaid black baseball cap black pants and glasses a very close match to the hero skin. i stalked and watched him kill to fairly fresh ( no guns) just out side of berez.

So if you could only get bandits not to fdress this way lol seeing its against the LORE of dayz oh wait isnt that the point doing what you want..

sticky voice chat on and continue to yell that you are friendly.  That way it doesn't matter what you're wearing everyone will know you're a good guy.

I've dressed friendly before, I got into a common sniping position (bad idea) and sat basicly being overwatch for a town, took 5 minutes I was shot deadby a mosin sniper

thing is, the friend suit risks your life, your less protected by a ballistic helm if you go for a beret, and the mask, almost no matter what, makes you look cool :p

LOL well not everyone Knows this law ( which is from when humanity came in so it was a different story there is no humanity or skin to relate to it....

I have killed lots of guys in plaid shirts and most if not all where bandits lol i personally dont wear pay day masks and naturally suss of anyone who does but still doesnt make them a bandit...... ( honestly id say atleast 75% people playing are bandits and there wearing almost anything a smart bandit wont wear a mask infact i killed a bandit who was wearing blue plaid black baseball cap black pants and glasses a very close match to the hero skin. i stalked and watched him kill to fairly fresh ( no guns) just out side of berez.

So if you could only get bandits not to fdress this way lol seeing its against the LORE of dayz oh wait isnt that the point doing what you want..

you still don't seem to get it, Dayz is a story of bandits and heroes and a bunch of survivors transitioning between the two.  your adventure is about your journey, do you become a clown or a hero?.. oh and there's zombies.. did you not get the memo? By the attire you choose to wear, whether or not you even realise it, you are indicating intent of which direction you are traveling because of the established lore or the game, heroes wear plaid, bandits wear masks. this isn't going to change now after years..

Edited by Calibre

I have found that people not wearing military fatigues tend to be good more often than not. I myself choose not to wear cammo and usually only carry a pistol to reduce my "threat level". As a hero it is hard to determine who legitimately needs help and who is waiting to shoot you in the back.