Sign in to follow this  
KerrSG1

Allow Server Configurable Pve Only

PvP is a vital part of the game. As others pointed out, it sustains a tense atmosphere for all players. Each survivor must remain cautious and watch his back, or face the consequences.

Player encounters would be pointless with PvP disabled. Most of the fun with them is perceiving whether the person you are talking to will try to harm you or not.

Anyway, PvE only servers would be a disaster. The vast majority of those playing on them would do so solely to farm loot, entirely risk-free (unless they somehow manage to meet their fate from zombies).

I really don't care how other threads went. This is a problem with the game that should be corrected.

There is no problem with the game mechanics. None whatsoever. DayZ is harsh and unforgiving. KoS will reduce naturally as zombies get deadlier (and they will), and as the game gets generally harder, but you will never entirely stop KoS and if you do not like being shot by people, play differently or not at all. 

And what are you going to do on a PvE server?

Hand out numbers and make sure people keep their place in line, while they wait for their turn to loot a military base?

See, you can't play as a friendly, if PvE is enforced, because there's no friendlies, if there's no bandits. There's just people going around asking: "Do you need anything?" and other people answering: "Maybe a few bandits, because I'm bored to death."

This.

Forced PvE is insanely stupid. The only possibility for it, aside a nice cuddly place for carebears to hide, is exploitation (log onto PvE server, gather all good loot without fear of catching a bullet, log out and back into PvP server to shoot people. Rinse, repeat, ad infinitum). Unless, of course, you'd want separate hives for PvE and then I refer you to Dallas' point.

Hand out numbers and make sure people keep their place in line, while they wait for their turn to loot a military base?

See, you can't play as a friendly, if PvE is enforced, because there's no friendlies, if there's no bandits. There's just people going around asking: "Do you need anything?" and other people answering: "Maybe a few bandits, because I'm bored to death."

That's a legitimate response, and the problem is that having other people to kill and be killed by other people is just about the only thing the game has implemented so far.  More zombies need to spawn to keep PVErs entertained, larger groups and variety of styles would be interesting.  Also, many people and I personally like exploring the world, seeing what there is to see.  I was really tickled when I found a plane half way through a hotel in one city.  People still get hurt, sick, need food so you could still interact with people and help them out.  I personally liked patrolling one of the towns near a common spawn point to help keep it clear of zombies for the new spawns so they aren't killed right off the bat.  Just because you only see the appeal of PVP doesn't mean that it's the ONLY appeal to users.  Again, you could keep your PVP servers and there would be many of them, but many other people would enjoy a PVE server.

Edited by KerrSG1

Ok, let me be abit blunt here mate.

This isnt about what you want tbh, its about what Dean and BI wants.

Bottom line.

They are making this game, based on hes vision of it, and im 100% confident this suggestions is, as far from hes vision, as it could possibly be.

You need to understand, Bohemia doesnt give a crap about how much money they make or how many people wants to play they're games, its never been like this in any of the BI games.
They make the games they want to make, Arma 3 is a clear example of this. Thousands and thousands of suggestions where made, but not a single one, which they didnt like, made it into the game, to please people.

So you can keep telling people how you are right and they are wrong, but it doesnt really matter.

What matters is what Rocket and BI wants in the game, nothing else.

Dont for a second think they put stuff into the game, simply to please the general population, thats not how BI works, and if you had any knowledge of the company and what they stand for, you would agree :)

This is also the reason we have a small dev team, and the reason its gonna take a long time to make the game, heck Arma 2 took almost 5 years to "perfect" :)

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 1

I really don't care how other threads went. This is a problem with the game that should be corrected.

you're the problem. get out.

and there, problem corrected.

Edited by yessaul robinovich

you're the problem. get out.

Nope.  

I've already pointed out you could keep playing on PVP servers while those not interested in such time wasters could go to PVE.

• Like 1

Not as long as all servers are connected to Hive.

If you allowed PvE server, you'd basically allow rent2win, people looting in safety and then switching to PvP servers with full gear advantage. Maybe when private servers become available, then maybe you can rent your own little private loot fest.

Or just force respawn if they switch from a PVE to PVP server.  

Really, this isn't a huge thing to figure out.

Or just force respawn if they switch from a PVE to PVP server.  

Really, this isn't a huge thing to figure out.

problem is, you're hollowing out the experience under the argument that everyone can have their dayz the way they want to. my argument is that you may very well be playing some mod-of-a-mod on a private server eventually, but it won't be dayz any more so than those servers the mod had with people parachuting out of the sky in full military gear and 50cal sniper rifles. you're welcome to modify your experience and play it in the he funshine ghetto with your UN beret worn backwards while holding hands in a human chain with every last man on your server.

just don't call that dayz. it isn't.

As much as it hurts you, yes it would be.  The very fact it bothers you so much the thought of people playing PVE is really astounding.  But hey, if that makes you happy, you can stick to a PVP server and you'll never be worse for the wear.

• Like 1

i won't be on a 'pvp server' - thats the default. you, however, will adapt to dayz or shuffle off into the woods, sad-frog-like, wishing someone would make a DayZ SanrioEdition for you, probably heading off to some other game more consistent with your expectations. because if anything Dean or BI have said to that effect so far, it won't be coming from them.

Q1CmWtN.gif?1

• Like 1

no pve. other players are the maincontent of this game.

when you want pve. play at night on empty servers.

nobody like to lose his gear.you are not the only one. but THIS is the point that makes this game so awesome and intensive(and we have a alpha here). you dont want to die.

thats dayz. so PLAY the fucking game. its one of the first games after years that respeckts your intelligence again

when you die you have make a mistake. and you must think and learn

.pve would destroy this aspect

Well, wouldn't play on them personally, but in an open world sandbox game this is okay to me as long as this servers have an own hive not connected to the regular/hardcore hive.

This as a serverside option wouldn't make the game worse.

I know a couple of people(mostly women) who would like to play DayZ but will never do it because of the PvP aspect.

BIS would definitely sell more copies with some serious PvE servers.

Hilarious that some people discuss against such a serverside option which would not have any impact on their gameplay.

There is not 1 real serious con argument

But 10 pro

An option like this(if done properly) would improve this game

Edit: Those guys complaining here would be the first with a pve char for testing weapons ;)

Edited by deewd22

Putrid suggestion.

Do you think Universal is going to release a DVD of Hitchcock's "Vertigo" with a "happy ending" option at the main menu?

No, the mere thought is awful. If you don't like it, too bad.

Some changes are perfectly okay, the game certainly isn't perfect right now, some changes keep the main elements pure. However the game you want has nothing to do with DayZ, it has nothing to do with Dean's vision whatsoever, yes, just thinking about it ticks me off.

• Like 1

That's a legitimate response, and the problem is that having other people to kill and be killed by other people is just about the only thing the game has implemented so far.  More zombies need to spawn to keep PVErs entertained, larger groups and variety of styles would be interesting.  Also, many people and I personally like exploring the world, seeing what there is to see.  I was really tickled when I found a plane half way through a hotel in one city.  People still get hurt, sick, need food so you could still interact with people and help them out.  I personally liked patrolling one of the towns near a common spawn point to help keep it clear of zombies for the new spawns so they aren't killed right off the bat.  Just because you only see the appeal of PVP doesn't mean that it's the ONLY appeal to users.  Again, you could keep your PVP servers and there would be many of them, but many other people would enjoy a PVE server.

There is nothing to do to cater to PvE players because this is not what the game is about, they might get their little server flag, but i sure hope that's the extend of the efforts the devs will extend to people who obstinately want the game to be what it isnt.

Putrid suggestion.

Do you think Universal is going to release a DVD of Hitchcock's "Vertigo" with a "happy ending" option at the main menu?

No, the mere thought is awful. If you don't like it, too bad.

Some changes are perfectly okay, the game certainly isn't perfect right now, some changes keep the main elements pure. However the game you want has nothing to do with DayZ, it has nothing to do with Dean's vision whatsoever, yes, just thinking about it ticks me off.

Facepalm

I personally think it's sad that you feel that way. This game suffers from people taking out their frustrations on other player and "ruining their day" as you say, but I think that happens in just about any game that has anything to do with social interaction. Something you seem to be overlooking is that maybe when someone shoots at you they have gone through the same thing as you and aren't inclined to put themselves out there anymore and would rather just shoot, then risk being shot, KO-ed or captured. I also think it's uncalled for to just generalize people as "KOS griefers and douchebag" that are playing the game the way they like, that's why its a sandbox game, to give you the freedom to play as they like. As far as PVE Servers go, what would you do there? After a round through Chernarus you're all geared and all the zombies are dead (Because they don't respawn ATM). The game loses all flavor and many of the mechanics of the game are render moot. I mean this in the most respectful way possible, maybe you aren't the clientele that this game is trying to attract, which is in no way saying your a bad person, I don't like many games that others like, its just personal preference, but I would respectfully ask you to refrain from just telling people about the bad sides of the game, which almost all games have. Let people find out for themselves if the shoe fits them or not.

Cheers,

Fox

Edited by fox0rz

OP sir, do you have or are you, a vagina?

Says the guy called dickflip -_-

Please dont go down this personal insult road, it brings nothing but warnings and bans :)

• Like 2

I would probably never put much time in a PvE server, but why limit the option?

So long as it's on a private hive way down the road in this game's development, and doesn't detract from the main game's progress.

Furthermore, its extremely hypocritical for you guys to shout "Dayz is your story" and then tell people they're playing it wrong.

• Like 1

I would probably never put much time in a PvE server, but why limit the option?

So long as it's on a private hive way down the road in this game's development, and doesn't detract from the main game's progress.

Furthermore, its extremely hypocritical for you guys to shout "Dayz is your story" and then tell people they're playing it wrong.

Well it is your story, but we all have to follow the same basic rules, which is the core game tbh.

Removing PVP changes the entire game into something else, somehing not DayZ.

It would be like removing the hunger/thirst system tbh. Its an essential core part of the game and it should be there at all times.

I don't understand this massive thing with everyone trying to get PvE only put into the game? People want the game to just give them everything on a plate... which is the opposite to what Dayz is. Rocket is creating a hard-core survival game where it's meant to be hard to survive, adding a PvE only mode is like the complete opposite to his vision. People complain how they want to role-play the game... But they want to role play it with the inability to conflict with other players... I just don't understand that? How can you role-play in a universe that in an apocalypse, simply wouldn't exist?! Half the time you see posts like 'I was running down a road' or 'I was just filling up my water bottle' when I got killed... It's common sense to think, that's where people are going to kill you... Your right in the open, it's where people are going to wait for you... Be more careful and stop blaming the game as much... If you get killed 9/10 it's your fault, not the bandito... C'mon dude...

• Like 1