Sign in to follow this  
nvrsbr

Where is all the friggin water at ?

I just died because I ran around for 2 HOURS and could not find any water.

Oh I found a lake and ponds which I couldnt drink from cause I COULD NOT find anyhting to put water into.

I didnt find 1 water pump or anyhting lelse.

This needs to be fixed, I mean how the heck are you supposed to drink when you cannot get water ?

Also there is no food anyhwre to be found.....

And before you say anyhting about the stuff already being looted, I was on a server all alone.

Seriously where is the friggin drinkable water in this game ?

Edited by nvrsbr

I just died because I ran around for 2 HOURS and could not find any water.

Oh I found a lake and ponds which I couldnt drink from cause I COULD NOT find anyhting to put water into.

I didnt find 1 water pump or anyhting lelse.

This needs to be fixed, I mean how the heck are you supposed to drink when you cannot get water ?

Also there is no food anyhwre to be found.....

And before you say anyhting about the stuff already being looted, I was on a server all alone.

Seriously where is the friggin drinkable water in this game ?

You can drink directly from those lakes ponds streams just as you can direct from the water pump hell i almost never need my water bottle the map has so many water spots on it.

welcome to dayz get better learn what you are doing read the guides in these very forums etc and then you wont need to make threads that just scream well newb.

It works for me if i go into 1st person mode and then select "drink" with the mousewheel. On hardcore this shouldn't be a problem.

Concerning loot: Maybe the server was empty because it was ganglooted before you joined(*edit: just kidding*). How long did you search? I for myself have and had no problems finding food, even on 40/40 Servers. It is just a matter of time before you find something, because the amount of loot is way too high regarding the whole map. Theres plenty of almost everything  for everyone.

Edited by JackinatorLP

Stand next to water or pump, look down, you should get the option to 'drink water'. If you don't get that option, change into first person view and try again.

Drink until it says you're full.

Maybe you should calm down a little bit and do some research before you demand something should be fixed. Please note that Dayz is in absolute easy mode in this stage of the alpha. You can find water bottles and cantines, cans of drinks, can even get water from some food like thuna. You can drink from wells and ponds directly and by filling water bottles and canteens.

Later down in the progress of this game you will have to worry if the water is infected, what the condition of cantines and bottles is, if you have purification tablets or if you should risk drinking infected water before dying. THIS will be hard but I`m sure we will adapt. Right now you can reach a water supply from anywhere on the map in less than 5 minutes and spam F until your stomage is full.

• Like 2

in all fairness, the fact that you can only drink in first person, and that you only drink a little sip so you have to spam the drink option is absolutely counterintuitive, i'd go so far and say this mechanic is broken and needs to be fixed someday.

that said, food and drink are not that hard to find if you look closely. understanding the hunger & thirst mechanic helps too, and the forums offer every possible help imaginable. rant not justified.

^ The mechanic is broken anyhow because you're not supposed to drink water directly out of lakes/ponds without getting sick. I presume they kept it in because it's impossible to boil water germ-free at this moment.

But for now it's a easy way to drink up a lot. And when you do find a pump/body of water, drink untill stuffed - it will take longer to get thirsty afterwards.

• Like 1

Stand next to water or pump, look down, you should get the option to 'drink water'. If you don't get that option, change into first person view and try again.

Drink until it says you're full.

You have to line the UI dot right up on the metal pump itself to get the option, it is a little finicky.   I agree, you should drink drink drink at one of those pumps until your stomach is full.  You wont have to drink again for quite some time, and as your stomach empties you can put food in.

in all fairness, the fact that you can only drink in first person, and that you only drink a little sip so you have to spam the drink option is absolutely counterintuitive, i'd go so far and say this mechanic is broken and needs to be fixed someday.

that said, food and drink are not that hard to find if you look closely. understanding the hunger & thirst mechanic helps too, and the forums offer every possible help imaginable. rant not justified.

You can drink in 3PP. You can also fill water bottles/canteens in 3PP. So much false information flying around.

TL;DR of the thread: OMG, I CAN'T FIND WHAT I NEED, THIS NEEDS A FIX EVEN THOUGH IT DOESN'T AND IS WORKING AS INTENDED!!!!!11111

Edited by AntonioAJC

Sorry for my rant guys, I guess I needed to vent lol.

Anyway thanks for the helpfull hints, and yes I should have looked into it more. (I need to take my own advice sometimes).

BTW I love DayZ.... tried the MOD but didnt really get into it, but for some reason Standalone has sucked me in.

Happy Gamming!!!

Sorry for my rant guys, I guess I needed to vent lol.

Anyway thanks for the helpfull hints, and yes I should have looked into it more. (I need to take my own advice sometimes).

BTW I love DayZ.... tried the MOD but didnt really get into it, but for some reason Standalone has sucked me in.

Happy Gamming!!!

Sorry if i sounded harsh just so many threads that werent really needed spring up lol water is one of the easiest elements now once you start getting illness from drinking dirty water its going to get alot ALOT harder lol Soonish you will need to boil or use water purification tablets so drinking straight from these ponds will be risky ,a i am going to die if i dont situation rather than bloody hell might aswell fill my stomach as it is now.