Charcoal

SUGGESTION: Wearing the United Nations Beret puts you into PVE-Only mode

I can't believe some people think this is a good idea. It isn't.

Dayz is about surviving. Adding this would completely counteract that aspect. This is also easily abused, what would stop someone spawning, finding the beret and loot everywhere, knowing they cannot be touched?

Also the amount of suggestions to stop/prevent KOS and PvP is getting out of hand, it's a part of the game, you learn to deal with it.

I'm sorry, I usually try to accept peoples ideas for what they are but I can't with this one...

• Like 1

Please go give a loaded shotgun head.

Seriously, I don't think the UN have ever not been shot at because they wear pretty berets. 

Say you're in a hostile country somewhere and you happen to be some good in a T-shirt wearing a UN hat. Is an enemy sniper REALLY gonna care what fucking hat you're wearing?

I don't like this idea, it isn't what DayZ is meant to be

and if for some chance a PVE mode were to be introduced, it certainly wouldn't be through the use of UN Berets :)

I actually like the idea but instead of a beret why not do this with the burlap sack?

And first person only enabled?

• Like 2

Lol if they do that and I know they won't because its just a really bad idea sorry, I'm not a kos type of player just not my style of playing dayz but you need kos people to make the game hard and fun, but for your that one ill follow you after talking to you and you wasted all of your bullets take it of get you in my sight and bang your dead with your idea lol.. It wouldn't work it would make more kos you get sit in a bush with it on see someone take it off lock and load get a clear shot and bang more dead new spawns then you can poke a stick at

I dont even know what to say to this post.

2qdy5o0.gif

• Like 2

Thread made it onto the front page of the DayZ subreddit. V0FXOEq.gif

6nNlmkB.png

• Like 3

Everyone needs to stop this fucking shit, just because you suck at the game and have no social skills doesn't mean there should be a PvE only mode. It is the most retarded thing on these forums, and obviously KoS will decrease with time since now there are like 500 000 noobs playing the game, either they all stop playing it or they understand how boring it is to KoS, just stop these retarded threads please.

Amen brother!!!!

I have it on a hotkey.  At the first sign of danger the screen goes completely dark.

The way 3PP:OFF was meant to be played, in a hot dark sack of hotkey.

• Like 2

Wearing a UN beret means that you either do nothing to prevent the slaughter of innocents or join in the fun.

Too much potential abuse.

Sorry OP, this hasn't been thought through it appears (to me anyway).

So what? Find a beret and then travel all over the map until target destination, then take it off? Not realistic anyway, as some mod / admin pointed out already. It's not a magic beret that's bullet proof. It could also be 'abused' in various other ways.

We won't ever see this happen. On standard versions anyway.

Medics / soldiers / lawbringers / heroes, whatever: Keep using those if you can.

Edited by Combine

there is no pve only. even on pve only servers XD

bandits dont care. thats why they are bandits.

you need dudes in your squat and not a baret on your head to survive.

To say that UN Peacekeepers don't get shot or shot at is a totally uninformed comment, to justify you wanting to play DayZ easy-mode. Since 1948 some 3186 UN soldiers have died on duty, granted only 817 of those where actually attacks on the Peacekeepers. Unfortunately I cant find any statistics on UN Peacekeepers wounded in action, but I'm sure they are substantially higher than the death toll. Having had the honor to have worked with and prepared men to go overseas on UN peacekeeping missions I know it can get crazy out there, so NO to your idea.

This is like saying that when an apple from a tree falls instead of going down goes up, thats against all physics laws. Now not being able to use a cool beret in dayz ? That agains all Standalone laws