Charcoal

SUGGESTION: Wearing the United Nations Beret puts you into PVE-Only mode

""The United Nations stands for peace and neutrality, and united nations soldiers protect those principles and should not get shot by other players""

Did those opposing peace and neutrality get that memo?

I dont think so.

I happen to wear 1 of those and im all for peace and stuff, but if i cant shoot the bandit, how do i enforce peace? Shout obscenities at him? I guess i would have to change hats if i really wanted to make a difference. And change back quickly in case i miss.

Agree with your idea but it will just defeat the purpose of DayZ. Even in the real life UN peacekeeper do get shot at and sometime gets killed. PvE mode just don't vibe with DayZ. You can wear the berret and pretend that you are the sole survivor of UN in Chenarus and your mission is to go to the green mountain and establish a communique with UN HQ to report the dire situation. 

Are you guys retarded? Dead thread is dead. Just fucking leave it. 

Why the fuck would you wear a BRIGHT BLUE beret in a zombie survival game. You want to have as much camouflage as possible in a scenario like this. The beret basically says " hey everyone see this? Blow my head off PLEASE" Jesus christ, at least the United Nation helmets have not been added. That would be a nightmare.

Edited by AlexeiStukov

To camouflage me when i stick my head over the top of the hill.

""The United Nations stands for peace and neutrality, and united nations soldiers protect those principles and should not get shot by other players""

Did those opposing peace and neutrality get that memo?

I dont think so.

I happen to wear 1 of those and im all for peace and stuff, but if i cant shoot the bandit, how do i enforce peace? Shout obscenities at him? I guess i would have to change hats if i really wanted to make a difference. And change back quickly in case i miss.

UN is to peace as much as Bach is to heavy metal.

worst idea ever. this wound ruin the game completely 

UN is to peace as much as Bach is to heavy metal.

...to be prefered for its superior artistic qualities? :)

(EDIT: but seriously, this is still one of the worst suggestions ever)

Edited by janol

How about we add some fedoras too?

Because we need a universaly recognised "kill me please" symbol.

Edited by ploulaf
  • Like 2

Am talking about the UN Military Beret

The United Nations stands for peace and neutrality, and united nations soldiers protect those principles and should not get shot by other players

However whenever I wear the UN hat I still get shot on sight, perhaps even more frequently then when I am not wearing one, which does not make sense.

You're wearing rose-colored glasses.  The real UN is hardly a peaceful protector:   https://www.google.com/#q=un+troops+abuses&start=20

Someone above though posted a good suggestion for you, you and your friends wear that blue beret and build a reputation for being helpful medics, and avoid killing other players.  Could become a fun (though dangerous) role in game for you.

Am talking about the UN Military Beret

The United Nations stands for peace and neutrality, and united nations soldiers protect those principles and should not get shot by other players

However whenever I wear the UN hat I still get shot on sight, perhaps even more frequently then when I am not wearing one, which does not make sense.

So my suggestion is:

Any player wearing a United Nations beret is in PVE only mode - he cannot injure other players, and other players cannot injure him. He can still heal/be healed by other players

To prevent abuse, there is a 20 second cooldown between switching from PVE to PVP mode. So for example a player in PVE cannot use the hat to get close to another player, then take it off and shoot him.

Anyway this suggestion is good because:

1) It makes sense story-wise, as the UN is the primary peacekeeper organization

2) It basically lets people play the "medic" role

3) Some people complain about KOS - they will now be able to choose to just wear this hat and be immune to it. Of course downside for them is that they also cannot shoot other player themselves

LMK what you think of this idea!

Are you fucking kidding me?are_you_fucking_kidding_me_by_rober_raik

Edited by Morrow

If I was trying to come up with the single worst idea for this game, I think I could never, ever come even close to this.. in a way, it's brilliantly stupid.

Hahaha, I see "Yellow and orange jackets mean friendly"

Ok, grabs yellow or orange jacket. Hi! *gets in close* *KoS* yeah....

Oh, fancy beret means medic and i'm supposed to be friendly? I'm wearing a beret! Hi! *KoS* yeah....

Nerf survivabiltiy? Go home, you're drunk

Silly thread, whats next? Dumbledore suit's that resist everything? Magical wands that shoots flaming tornado?

Hello, This Is DayZ and please think realistic. I also wearing UN beret, but I always kept my itchy finger off the trigger and keeping "Peacemaking and lending arms". You make the difference.

This is, possibly, the dumbest worst thought out idea I have read on these forums to date. I'm surprised the stupidity of this idea hasn't caused a tear in the fabric of space and time and destroyed the universe.

UN Peacekeepers get killed all the fucking time. You think people don't shoot at UN Troops just because they're UN Troops? Like terrorists just suddenly go, "Oh fuck, that guys from the UN! Better put down my AK."

It's actually goddamn insulting to the Peacekeepers who risk their lives all over the world on a daily basis.

I seriously have to wonder whether you actually live in the real world... 

No. it should not make u invincible

463px-Epic_Facepalm.png

Edited by Duenan

Here's a tip. Stop thinking of KoS as P and think of them as E. They don't interact with you in any meaningful way, so they are just environmental hazards. If they were AI running around, you would adapt your strategy to play the game. Just because they are real people, you freeze up and just blame them rather than trying to survive them. It makes no sense.

NO PVE

Too far, you should have said no-PVE only.

The game needs PVE to actually be a zombie apocalypse game. However, PvP and banditry is indeed one of the defining features of the game, and shouldn't have an arbitrary "off" switch.