papazombie

no more alphas for me

You want to see more zombies?  Post a complaint about the alpha you spent $30 on.  They come out in hordes.

Oh you mean that alpha that has more than 3 separate spots where big glaring red letters tell you NOT TO BUY THE GAME IT'S UNFINISHED?

Right.  Also it's not that the issues are brought up.  He spent his money on a game that even the game creator tells you not to buy it.  His own fault if he's bitching about it being unfinished.

Also we have no problem with legitimate complaints and issues being brought up.  But we don't need a separate thread by every fuck wit player who has a problem with the bugs and issues that have been brought up 1k+ times already.

The Wall bug will be there in release version too - unless they get a new game engine, which I recommend; either Frostbite 3 that BF4 used, or Cryengine 3 that Star Citizen will use.

You don't have that low fps due to buildings in BF4 for example as you have in larger villages in Arma 3, and this standalone. 

http://www.crytek.com

http://www.frostbite.com

Well, why dont you take your amazing arguments to the correct place mate :)

Dont derail this thread pls.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/166649-why-arma-engine/?hl=%2Barma+%2Bengine

it would be a waste focus this game in pvp, it has a big potencial to limit it to pvp like has been warz. Chernarus is amazing and if they improve PVE features it will be incredible ;)

if somebody wants a pvp game go to COD, Battlefield or Warz...

Wrong. PVP in this game is miles above what any other game has to offer atm. I can't keep my hands from shaking because of the adrenaline after a fight here. DayZ is not just a game for pve'ers and roleplayers. Don't try to claim it. 

I'm sure they're working on the zombies, but unlike adding some new items (which is done by different people than the ones who code zombies, so stop saying you want less of that and more of something else, as it doesn't work like that) revamping AI is a huge process. For example, it's not as easy as making them "see walls" so they'll be able to navigate buildings, as EVERY SINGLE BUILDING needs its own pathways programmed. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

More zombies? Nope, takes too much resources. We need optimizations first, and with the resources that frees up, they ALSO need to increase the player cap AND are going to make loot respawn, too. Not to mention they need to make zombies respawn as well.

So I should go play BF? You should go play The Walking Zombie Cliche. 

See what I did there? Annoying, isn't it, when people "claim" a game for a certain playstyle?

Also, if you thought DayZ would have good melee at one point, I'm afraid you were delusional. Warz-ish melee is the best kind of melee we can get on this engine.

Edited by Ratiasu

See what I did there? Annoying, isn't it, when people "claim" a game for a certain playstyle?

Wait.. what?  Your entire post was basically the same thing.  You claim the game is about PvP above all else.  Others disagree and not everyone plays this game as a PvP deathmatch game like CoD.  If you want to that's fine - but not everybody does.

Sorry lost me at warz... is that like a can of pipsi ?

Edited by BL1P
  • Like 1

Wrong. PVP in this game is miles above what any other game has to offer atm. I can't keep my hands from shaking because of the adrenaline after a fight here. DayZ is not just a game for pve'ers and roleplayers. Don't try to claim it. 

I'm sure they're working on the zombies, but unlike adding some new items (which is done by different people than the ones who code zombies, so stop saying you want less of that and more of something else, as it doesn't work like that) revamping AI is a huge process. For example, it's not as easy as making them "see walls" so they'll be able to navigate buildings, as EVERY SINGLE BUILDING needs its own pathways programmed. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

More zombies? Nope, takes too much resources. We need optimizations first, and with the resources that frees up, they ALSO need to increase the player cap AND are going to make loot respawn, too. Not to mention they need to make zombies respawn as well.

So I should go play BF? You should go play The Walking Zombie Cliche. 

Also, if you thought DayZ would have good melee at one point, I'm afraid you were delusional. Warz-ish melee is the best kind of melee we can get on this engine.

Actually me and all my friends bought the game because we like survival Horror, zombie aspect of the game idea... NOT to pvp, there are far better pvp games out than this... The op is right in his worry about the zombies, this games biggest selling point and  i bet 80%+ of people that bought the game, bought it for the zombies, I think you'll find your in the vast minority that bought it to kill players as a first objective...

If they can afford say a 30 man dev team, then atleast the majority of the resources should be put into fixing the code for the zombies and for performance/stability (adding more), Least amount of resources should be put into new gear and guns and all that jazz...

Right now the only thing you have to survive is being KOS by some geared up trigger happy 16 year old....the op isn't complaining about lack of content/updates for the zombies if it takes a  few months even years so be it, he just wants the zombies to be the priority, as do most of the people that bought the game.....

• Like 1

well, this is my last alpha. I´ve been at warz before this and sadly at this moment it´s happening the same. they promise AI zombies is the first but patch after patch zombies are the great forgotten. 

The big problem with this prepaid prealphas is all players asking for things that they want to see ingame. Hardcore gamers want more pvp features and oldschool gamers more PVE improvements. Dev try to give a bit to all players and finally the game goes to no place. we never have a finish and polish game.

I expected that DAYZ wasn´t going to be like this but it takes the same road. in one month the core of the game is still the same; we have more shoes, more trousers, we can paint our mosin?!? more drinks with funny games but mothing important like a new AI zombie, a better melle combat system...

well, this is last prealpha for me :)

to say its all happening the same as the war z is a bit insulting to the devs to say the least who have been very upfront about the state of the game, hence the massive warning saying DON’T buy the game.

They have tried to mediate expectations rather than covering up the faults. Don’t get me wrong I am not defending all the moves by rocket and he has done A LOT wrong. But you can’t fault how honest they have been on the steampage etc. Let’s compare that with the war z which was released with a beta that lasted for 2 weeks and got pulled from steam due to misinformation etc. Totally different, just because the war z was a rip off of the dayz mod don’t lump them in the same boat.

If you have played other alphas then you should be fully aware that there is not much unusual about this one and for it to have deterred you just shows you haven’t participated in man/any alpha’s. Not being harsh, just calling it how I see it. Expect an alpha to be pretty dam broken, personally I believe there should be more core features and this alpha is too bare, ie they should have released the alpha with at least placeholders for vehicles, most weaps, etc. Alphas should have the majority if not all of the core features. But then again it comes down to what they believe are core features. I think that there are going to be some serious issues when the rest of the features are added and we actually see the full amount of zombies we have been promised but only time will tell. 

• Like 1

If they can afford say a 30 man dev team, then atleast the majority of the resources should be put into fixing the code for the zombies and for performance/stability (adding more), Least amount of resources should be put into new gear and guns and all that jazz...

Right now the only thing you have to survive is being KOS by some geared up trigger happy 16 year old....the op isn't complaining about lack of content/updates for the zombies if it takes a  few months even years so be it, he just wants the zombies to be the priority, as do most of the people that bought the game.....

The roadmap, which BI has worked on, is the priority.

They have people working on all aspects of the game, and thoose people know what to do.

Everything is planned and scheduled, for the next two years lol.

Why cant you accept they do it they're way? Why must it be "my way or the highway" simply because you payed for a game, where you were warned not to buy it yet lol?

It simply doesnt make sense.

Lean back, wait a year and then start complaining about issues, theres been from the beginning, but complaining about the devs "faulty priorities" a months after realising a broken alpha, solely to make people happy, isnt the way to go lol.

Nobody is forcing you to buy the game, heck they are telling you not to, and yet you did.

So activly help find the issue, instead of telling them what to do. This is not "your right" as a costumer, you are more then welcome to get a refund.

Its so difficult for me to understand this mindset, dont tell people what to do, unless you are the actual project manager and have the authority to do so lol.

Use your time to find the issues, report them and bring new, innovative suggestions to the table. Help the dev team, instead of yelling and screaming at them, for not thinking the way you do lol.

This is a very clear example of " i payed for it, i control it" attitude, most games actually suffer greatly from today, this right here, can kill a game development completely, because people feel "entitled" to something, they have no right to in the frist place.

Calm your tits and lean back mate :) Enjoy the ride, instead of throwing up all over the seats and then complaining it isnt cleaned fast enough :)

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear it, but not sorry to see you go. The word "Alpha" clearly didn't register in your mind when you clicked purchase

Actually me and all my friends bought the game because we like survival Horror, zombie aspect of the game idea... NOT to pvp, there are far better pvp games out than this... The op is right in his worry about the zombies, this games biggest selling point and  i bet 80%+ of people that bought the game, bought it for the zombies, I think you'll find your in the vast minority that bought it to kill players as a first objective...

Agreed.  If I wanted to deathmatch I'd play BF4.  I play this for atmospheric zombie survival horror and such.  I can't wait for it to get to that point.  That's not to say I don't want PvP in DayZ because it's part of the whole, overall experience which I enjoy, but people playing this as just another CoD deathmatch type game are missing out for sure.

Well, why dont you take your amazing arguments to the correct place mate :)

Dont derail this thread pls.

This kitten is curious why you're amazed, it was not tiny bit of irony there or?  :D

Yeah, we don't like walls not only players walk through, but zombies are in fact exploiting the wall sections.

Anyway, it's still an alpha version.

Edited by Ori42

This kitten is curious why you're amazed, it was not tiny bit of irony there or?  :D

Yeah, we don't like walls not only players walk through, but zombies are in fact exploiting the wall sections.

Anyway, it's still an alpha version.

And theres another thread for the exact topic you are trying to derail this thread with, so please take it there mate :)

Im just trying to be civil and keep this discusion on track, which you clearly arent.

So please take it to the proper thread, and dont derail this one :)

The roadmap, which BI has worked on, is the priority.

They have people working on all aspects of the game, and thoose people know what to do.

Everything is planned and scheduled, for the next two years lol.

Why cant you accept they do it they're way? Why must it be "my way or the highway" simply because you payed for a game, where you were warned not to buy it yet lol?

It simply doesnt make sense.

Lean back, wait a year and then start complaining about issues, theres been from the beginning, but complaining about the devs "faulty priorities" a months after realising a broken alpha, solely to make people happy, isnt the way to go lol.

Nobody is forcing you to buy the game, heck they are telling you not to, and yet you did.

So activly help find the issue, instead of telling them what to do. This is not "your right" as a costumer, you are more then welcome to get a refund.

Its so difficult for me to understand this mindset, dont tell people what to do, unless you are the actual project manager and have the authority to do so lol.

Use your time to find the issues, report them and bring new, innovative suggestions to the table. Help the dev team, instead of yelling and screaming at them, for not thinking the way you do lol.

This is a very clear example of " i payed for it, i control it" attitude, most games actually suffer greatly from today, this right here, can kill a game development completely, because people feel "entitled" to something, they have no right to in the frist place.

Calm your tits and lean back mate :) Enjoy the ride, instead of throwing up all over the seats and then complaining it isnt cleaned fast enough :)

What should have happened is they SHOULD have released it on there main page and only on the main page for players to buy and play if they truly do not want to hear every single persons complaint about it. Again not EVERYONE is going to understand or even care if its an alpha. And many parents just throw there kids money to let them buy whatever or hell even give them credit card access or credit cards with spending limits.

See at least some of you know what the poster is trying to convey. Its not that we hate the game its that we DON'T want it to go down a terrible direction 6 months from now with everyone saying "omg why didn't i see the signs? Why didn't I do anything or say anything when i could have?"

So being concerned is not out of the question. Totally different game im going to list but look at how bad Defiance blew up once the full game got released the way it did. It aint pretty ill tell you that much. And thats a full game its not even an alpha anymore.

Lets hope in the coming months this is just all silly speculation. I really REALLY just want it to be just another what if and nothing to worry about deal.

Edited by Deathlove

its all too common nowdays, for companies to think its acceptable to release games that are 10% finished

This is also true but in some rare cases the alphas turn out good. So im hoping this is one of them.

its all too common nowdays, for companies to think its acceptable to release games that are 10% finished

The game isn't released.  They sold it as an early access alpha so that people can play it early and test it to influence the future development.  Although I agree the lines are being more and more blurred with games like Battlefield 4 and other AAA games getting released as broken pieces of shit for 60$.

However if the game says flat out, THIS IS EARLY ACCESS THE GAME IS SO FAR FROM DONE and you buy it anyway, you have no right to bitch.

note: I used the general "you" to refer to everyone, not specifically you.

The game isn't released.  They sold it as an early access alpha so that people can play it early and test it to influence the future development.  Although I agree the lines are being more and more blurred with games like Battlefield 4 and other AAA games getting released as broken pieces of shit for 60$.

However if the game says flat out, THIS IS EARLY ACCESS THE GAME IS SO FAR FROM DONE and you buy it anyway, you have no right to bitch.

note: I used the general "you" to refer to everyone, not specifically you.

Again what they should have done is just released it via there own web page and thats it. Steam should have come during beta access. Although i can maybe see how this would be easier for them to do via steam as well.

Good job derailing the thread everybody so you can discuss your anti and pro PvP opinions, there are DOZENS of threads for that yet you all derail any thread that says anything about the game because you think it's a suitable place.

Edited by ColinM9991

Good job derailing the thread everybody.

lol this happens in almost every single forum iv been on at some point.

did i just read a post from a guy i dont know saying he's not going to play any more games in alpha?

why?

Who+the+fuck+cares+This+is+FUNNYjunk+_91

They did add some new zombie skins though if you didnt notice.

hes talking about AI, nobody is really ecstatic that they threw in a new zombie skin with the same motions and actions as the others.

But unfortunately not every person who works there has Zombie AI experience. Some are good at modeling and others action scripting. Because they all have an expertise then they cant just say "everyone on the zombie AI we have to make it better" because you would have a bunch of programmers who wouldnt know what to do.

• Like 1

Rocket has said before that the zombie AI is just a placeholder and that they're working on the finished AI. Perhaps somewhere late alpha/early beta.

lol this happens in almost every single forum iv been on at some point.

But that doesnt make it right lol...

Stick to the topic or start another thread :) its quite easy.

Back On Topic:

We can sit here and talk, all day long, about how they should or should not have released the game, the fact is, its done :)

People need to read up on information about games more, people need to understand what early acces alpha means.

In general, theres simply to many folks, in this world, who wants things so fast, nobody has the time needed to make a good product.

This is the definition of alpha, a stripped foundation of a game, with giant gamebreaking bugs in it and little to no ingame features.

Buy it at your own risk, but make sure you understand what you are buying into :)

Coming here to complain AFTER bying it, doesnt make sense in my head, why buy it in the first place then?

Patience young padawans :)

You will get your awsome game in due time (1-2 years) as promissed by Mr. Dean "Rocket" Hall himself :D

I'm also curious why people buy alpha versions - a new twist maybe..
Perhaps, we can add some cool features in a game we enjoy, yeah, perhaps..
Maybe because of zombies, I don't know.. In a sci-fi, we've aliens; what look most dangerous?

Perhaps, people are tired of easy mode console games for kids?
Or maybe some are bored of WoW style mmo aspect - that most features are already set in stone, and with little room for player creativity..
It must be something unique, because a lot of people are buying an alpha version of DayZ. 

-Ori

I'm also curious why people buy alpha versions - a new twist maybe..
Perhaps, we can add some cool features in a game we enjoy, yeah, perhaps..
Maybe because of zombies, I don't know.. In a sci-fi, we've aliens; what look most dangerous?

Perhaps, people are tired of easy mode console games for kids?
Or maybe some are bored of WoW style mmo aspect - that most features are already set in stone, and with little room for player creativity..
It must be something unique, because a lot of people are buying an alpha version of DayZ. 

-Ori

As i see it, its simply because people want it as fast as possible.

So the companies have figured out they can actually make money during development, because the general person is "dumb as fuck" when it comes to gathering information about a product :)

So some companies make awsome games and fund theyre development like this, where other companies rip off theyre customers, and make a product for no other purpose then to make money.

So perhaps a mix of the ever growing "fast is better" attitude, amongst people in the world and the companies trying to make a good product/ripping people off :)