RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

Maybe if a hacker contacted them for the greater good and told them what's going on to have them fix it.

Well it's was annoying to get killed by hackers but me and my friend had a good laugh.  I managed to sneak behind one and knock him unconscious as he talked smack to a new spawn.  He did manage to teleport away while unconscious but I had a good laugh.  Then of course promptly died from his friends. lol  I hope Bohemia Interactive gets all the kinks out of this game.  Just imagine how out of control it will get with vehicles. Dayz is a great game and I do enjoy it.  Wish Bohemia the best of luck at finding the right people and the right leadership to get this game done.    

Until fixes for obvious hacks are made, I really think usernames or steam names should be somehow knowable so these assholes can be outright banned. Make them pay $30 again for the game if they want to log back in and be dicks. Seriously, that by itself will fund the headcount of a developer to solve the problem in the first place.

• Like 1

Seriously, it seems like there are more hackers than ever, and with nothing but these "ban waves" which rarely occur, they seem to think it makes it okay and safe to hack. Which it kind of is giving them the incentive because if nothing is really done, then no consequences for hacking. 

I sure do hope Battle Eye gets more strict later on and bans more frequently. Months of hackers then a simple wave just doesn't seem to do it. They instantly come back.

Does Battle Eye even do anything useful other than manage banned accounts? Clearly it's incapable of sniffing out poor behavior, cheating, and hacking. What a business that must be, be responsible for next to nothing.

There more scared of vac tbh...

I know 1 site that has told there members that they will provide a hack to there user base but,its only a matter of time that you get banned..

I would like to see them set up FF along side of Vac tbh..

there would be no glitches in walls or duped weapons or unlimited ammo...

Or we could ask infistar to make an anti hack.  He was one guy and his AH was 100% better than BE.

Edited by aimbot.eXe

Until fixes for obvious hacks are made, I really think usernames or steam names should be somehow knowable so these assholes can be outright banned. Make them pay $30 again for the game if they want to log back in and be dicks. Seriously, that by itself will fund the headcount of a developer to solve the problem in the first place.

Good idea but wouldn't be long before we start accusing non-hacking players because we assumed they were cheating.

I don't see hackers ever being removed completely either. Perhaps changing some servers to pve would help to some extent

• Like 1

Of course infistar could make an anti-hack, because he was writing the hacks too, he knew exactly what to look for. He's only good for making a quick buck by ruining the game and ripping off server owners.

Historically BE just had one guy working for BI part-time, that's why it was always sub-par. It can be a perfectly good anti-cheat system with a few good full-time employees dedicated to monitoring and banning script kiddies, so they have to buy new copies and they become a source of profit for the game, instead of the game being a source of profit for assholes like infistar.

• Like 1

Wow you guys really know nothing about BE ever thought of doing research before a post?

• Like 1

Lol at hackers in hardcore wtf..

Why would you its easy mode as it is..

Probably because its even easier to obtain a hack. I cant understand why we cant go to the source, and shut websites that advertise hacking, down. It wont remove all but easier than trying to ban every player with a hack. Mediafire or one of those download sites was shut down, so cant something be done.

I dont think i have yet met a cheater in dayz, but I remember being killed at every turn by a cheat in ISS, even planetoid 2 ran by Sony was overun by cheats with hacks.

Alot of times hackers will sell accounts, full inventory that would otherwise take days to achieve.

I just played the SA, experienced teleporting and my gun being disarmed.

Could the source code hack DayZ experienced have been put to use on hacks already? 

I see a large BE hate train arrived today. I wonder where that mysterious VAC hate train is, because I have never seen it in my life. It's like a bad joke that it seems like most here forgot that DayZ is using VAC as well.

Maybe if a hacker contacted them for the greater good and told them what's going on to have them fix it.

Right, because we (BE and DayZ devs) are completely incompetent and know nothing about anything, so thanks for letting us know that there are problems.

Seriously, it seems like there are more hackers than ever, and with nothing but these "ban waves" which rarely occur, they seem to think it makes it okay and safe to hack. Which it kind of is giving them the incentive because if nothing is really done, then no consequences for hacking.

I sure do hope Battle Eye gets more strict later on and bans more frequently. Months of hackers then a simple wave just doesn't seem to do it. They instantly come back.

How about you search for working/undetected private hacks? Hint: You won't find that in other VAC-protected games.

There more scared of vac tbh...

I know 1 site that has told there members that they will provide a hack to there user base but,its only a matter of time that you get banned..

I would like to see them set up FF along side of Vac tbh..

there would be no glitches in walls or duped weapons or unlimited ammo...

Clearly. That's why pretty much all popular private hacks for DayZ (and no other games) are currently down. And no, not because of VAC, in fact VAC rarely ever detects them.

Or we could ask infistar to make an anti hack.  He was one guy and his AH was 100% better than BE.

Except that such an "anti-hack" wouldn't help much against most hacks in DayZ.

Historically BE just had one guy working for BI part-time, that's why it was always sub-par. It can be a perfectly good anti-cheat system with a few good full-time employees dedicated to monitoring and banning script kiddies, so they have to buy new copies and they become a source of profit for the game, instead of the game being a source of profit for assholes like infistar.

Just no. Why do you make stuff up? There are so many things wrong with your statement I won't even go into it.

Wow you guys really know nothing about BE ever thought of doing research before a post?

In case this is meant positively I thank you for it. Recently someone (who had actual inside knowledge) stated that BE was successfully fighting a large number of popular hacks and he got promptly attacked for it. So be careful if you want to state the truth here...

Lastly, here is a quote from a private hack site for you haters:

[05:38 AM] Admin: @RandomCheater: This is happening only with DayZ and not only on ***, as far as I know, our cheat was undetected longer than on any other site

[04:12 AM] Mod: @RandomCheater Yes, this is not normal, usually theres no need for daily updates but DayZ devs are working hard.

[03:21 AM] RandomCheater: I'm new to the cheating scene, is this normal or has this just been like a terrible month or something?

[03:17 AM] RandomCheater: its been a good run guys, best of luck to you all!

[03:17 AM] RandomCheater: spent 120$ the past 3 weeks on dayZ accounts and keep getting banned, I don't have anymore to spend (worry)

[03:17 AM] RandomCheater: welp I guess my DayZ hacking career is over lol

(No, they are not talking about VAC bans here.)

Disclaimer: Some will probably feel offended by my words again (as usual), so I will repeat the following: No, BE isn't perfect, nothing is perfect. No, the current situation isn't optimal and we (including the DayZ devs) are aware of that. Yes, there are hacks in DayZ, but BE is trying to fight them as effectively as possible and is constantly evolving. No, BE cannot fix game bugs/exploits.

Edited by BEdev-Sable
  • Like 10

Except that such an "anti-hack" wouldn't help much against most hacks in DayZ.

Of course you would say that.  You can't stand to think that ONE PERSON out did an entire team of you on the mod.  I'm overly positive he could do the same for the stand alone.

[05:38 AM] Admin: @RandomCheater: This is happening only with DayZ and not only on ***, as far as I know, our cheat was undetected longer than on any other site

[04:12 AM] Mod: @RandomCheater Yes, this is not normal, usually theres no need for daily updates but DayZ devs are working hard.
[03:21 AM] RandomCheater: I'm new to the cheating scene, is this normal or has this just been like a terrible month or something?
[03:17 AM] RandomCheater: its been a good run guys, best of luck to you all!
[03:17 AM] RandomCheater: spent 120$ the past 3 weeks on dayZ accounts and keep getting banned, I don't have anymore to spend (worry)
[03:17 AM] RandomCheater: welp I guess my DayZ hacking career is over lol

You act like this represents 99% of the hacking community.  I know of people that have had undetected hacks for over a month.  A number in your signature proves nothing.  The number of hackers is growing, and you just update your signature to make it seem like you are actually doing something.  Yes, you have banned some people, but they are the ones such as the guy above that are new to the hacking scene.  The know how to do nothing, and they are stupid.  You have yet to ban some of the more experienced hackers (there are a LOT of them) and those are the ones that matter.  Banning suckers that used mom credit card to buy something they know nothing about doesn't count.

Just no. Why do you make stuff up? There are so many things wrong with your statement I won't even go into it.

Wasn't making stuff up - that's just what I heard from people in the Arma 2 modding scene. If it's not true then I'm sorry for propagating a rumor.

I don't get why you put me in the BE hate train though, I was trying to defend BE in that post by saying that infistar's "antihack" is garbage and that they should give you more money.

You act like this represents 99% of the hacking community.  I know of people that have had undetected hacks for over a month.  A number in your signature proves nothing.  The number of hackers is growing, and you just update your signature to make it seem like you are actually doing something.  Yes, you have banned some people, but they are the ones such as the guy above that are new to the hacking scene.  The know how to do nothing, and they are stupid.  You have yet to ban some of the more experienced hackers (there are a LOT of them) and those are the ones that matter.  Banning suckers that used mom credit card to buy something they know nothing about doesn't count.

You don't know what you're talking about. EVERY paid cheat is detected by BE, and those aren't some "n00b" cheaters or kids.

Of course, there are private cheats that a small group of people can use and never share, and BE can't detect those (no anti-cheat can), but that doesn't mean only the bad  cheaters are getting detected.

Edited by TSAndrey

Of course you would say that.  You can't stand to think that ONE PERSON out did an entire team of you on the mod.  I'm overly positive he could do the same for the stand alone.

It's a fact. An "anti-hack" can't do much against most non-script hacks.

You act like this represents 99% of the hacking community.

I represents the vast majority of cheaters, yes. Do you seriously claim that the vast majority of cheaters use their own self-made hacks?

I know of people that have had undetected hacks for over a month. [...] You have yet to ban some of the more experienced hackers (there are a LOT of them) and those are the ones that matter. Banning suckers that used mom credit card to buy something they know nothing about doesn't count.

Welcome to the world of anti-cheat. It's not possible to detect all existing hacks, regardless of how much you want that. The goal is always to detect as many as possible, especially those with a lot of users. Besides, you obviously have some inside knowledge if you think BE doesn't detect advanced hacks. Detecting several ring0-protected hacks is not advanced enough I guess? Alright. As I mentioned before, BE is constantly evolving as well. (I'm pretty sure you are just talking about your own personal "aimbot.exe" here?)

A number in your signature proves nothing.  The number of hackers is growing, and you just update your signature to make it seem like you are actually doing something.  Yes, you have banned some people, but they are the ones such as the guy above that are new to the hacking scene.  The know how to do nothing, and they are stupid.

Right, because that's all I do every day. I fake numbers to make it seem like I'm actually doing something.

Wasn't making stuff up - that's just what I heard from people in the Arma 2 modding scene. If it's not true then I'm sorry for propagating a rumor.

I don't get why you put me in the BE hate train though, I was trying to defend BE in that post by saying that infistar's "antihack" is garbage and that they should give you more money.

You implied that BE isn't already constantly banning cheaters, which is simply wrong.
  • Like 2

It's a fact. An "anti-hack" can't do much against most non-script hacks.

I represents the vast majority of cheaters, yes. Do you seriously claim that the vast majority of cheaters use their own self-made hacks?

Welcome to the world of anti-cheat. It's not possible to detect all existing hacks, regardless of how much you want that. The goal is always to detect as many as possible, especially those with a lot of users. Besides, you obviously have some inside knowledge if you think BE doesn't detect advanced hacks. Detecting several ring0-protected hacks is not advanced enough I guess? Alright. As I mentioned before, BE is constantly evolving as well. (I'm pretty sure you are just talking about your own personal "aimbot.exe" here?)

Right, because that's all I do every day. I fake numbers to make it seem like I'm actually doing something.

You implied that BE isn't already constantly banning cheaters, which is simply wrong.

People hating on BE are pretty damn ignorant to the situation.

This being said, BE as a program (and subsequently it's development team) does have a lot of work to do.

Instead of just monthly ban waves, maybe make it a bit more constant? Like constant detection and banning, followed by a wave every month or so to do cleanup?

Just an idea, but it's clear that BE is less than effective in it's current state. It's a good program, and it detects most non-private hacks/scripts- however, I personally think it doesn't ban frequently enough.

Just my two-cents.

This being said, BE as a program (and subsequently it's development team) does have a lot of work to do.

Instead of just monthly ban waves, maybe make it a bit more constant? Like constant detection and banning, followed by a wave every month or so to do cleanup?

Just an idea, but it's clear that BE is less than effective in it's current state. It's a good program, and it detects most non-private hacks/scripts- however, I personally think it doesn't ban frequently enough.

Just my two-cents.

BattlEye usually bans within days (sometimes even one day), not weeks. You can verify this yourself by looking at pretty much every major cheat website and their DayZ cheat status or by posts on their public forums.

• Like 2

Just my two-cents.

What SmashT said. I'm honestly wondering, did you do some research before posting this? It shocks me that many people just come here and state things as fact which are simply wrong.

If VAC was super good at what it's suppose to do, and stopped hackers I doubt DayZ would have considered BE as a secondary protection, so this is a good thing for you & your company.

That being said the attention and task is thrown upon you guys so no one really cares about VAC.

I still see cheaters everyday, I'm running around with 21474214814814 m4 bullets after stealing it off a hacker, I can take a screen shot if you like, however is this a DayZ glitch or a hack?

If it's a glitch process then I completely blame BIS over it, if it a hack I blame BE because I run into it everyday on different servers that it's created this illusion that hackers must be running rampant if I come across it THIS OFTEN.

Edited by blazed

these fools believe everything they hear once and go spread it lol

hey guys vac has officially only banned 3 people, all 3 were for excessive fapping

go tell everyone!!! vac sucks!! only 1 indian works on it for 2 days of the week!

(Conclusion: Verify that information is correct before spreading it to very gullible forum readers)

Edited by Officer25

I still see cheaters everyday, I'm running around with 21474214814814 m4 bullets after stealing it off a hacker, I can take a screen shot if you like, however is this a DayZ glitch or a hack?

If it's a glitch process then I completely blame BIS over it, if it a hack I blame BE because I run into it everyday on different servers that it's created this illusion that hackers must be running rampant if I come across it THIS OFTEN.

Probably a bit of both, ammo count is all controlled client-side currently so anyone that wants to cheat just has to change the values. The Lead gameplay programmer was looking at local magazine calculation last week I believe (which allows unlimited ammo hacks) so hopefully that can be fixed soon.