duulis

Is kicking players instantly from servers allowed?

Is Duplicate Threads Allowed

INB4

/Graveyard

Posts complaining about death due to bugs in an alpha game, then calls out people for making duplicate threads

Now that's just stupid, most people don't use names like that and they are getting kicked as well. The point here those servers kick everyone indiscriminately that is outside of the guest list. I'm starting to wonder are you one those people who try to establish private servers against the rules ? Because you sure defend them a lot.

And I'm not against private servers. but there must be reason why devs said - no private servers for now.

what difference would it make? ..and i can see how a buthurt could have you think so, but i simply have grown tierd of this bloody "reporting". go report a bugg or make a suggestion insted.

that is what you have been granted early alpha access to do.

..not to be whining about not being able to loot some server to then join another for some dm/tdm, because just face it; all the whiners are simple looters/hoppers.

normal people seem to care little. they simply connect to another server.

..not to be whining about not being able to loot some server to then join another for some dm/tdm, because just face it; all the whiners are simple looters/hoppers.

Yes you're right, it's better to allow them to loot their own servers and than join public one with best gear, and if they get killed - just hop back on your server loot it and go back to public. Because I see no other reason to keep server private, what can you do on a server as a clan of 15-20 people ? There is no enough zeds to be a challenge, there is no base building. 

All they do is they have gotten themselves their own loot farms. 

Which makes them even more of a scum than a server hoppers. 

• Like 1

Then why even have rented servers!! I did not rent a server to have it fill up with server hoppers to loot the piss out of it and soon as it reboots. I rented a server to enjoy it with my friends as well to make new friends. The server operators need way more control of there servers..

Then why even have rented servers!! I did not rent a server to have it fill up with server hoppers to loot the piss out of it and soon as it reboots. I rented a server to enjoy it with my friends as well to make new friends. The server operators need way more control of there servers..

Are you guys morons or do you just pretend ? 

You will be able to do whatever you want with your server when the game is done, but right now your douchebaggery interferes with testing of open alpha. Is that so hard to comprehend ? You agreed to server hosting rules and now you have the audacity to come here and openly defend breaking those rules ? Servers have to be open so that people can play and test stuff, that includes hive connection, and your server locking is making that difficult.  

What's even worse is that game devs don't really care and make players deal with this. 

• Like 1

Are you guys morons or do you just pretend ? 

You will be able to do whatever you want with your server when the game is done, but right now your douchebaggery interferes with testing of open alpha. Is that so hard to comprehend ? You agreed to server hosting rules and now you have the audacity to come here and openly defend breaking those rules ? Servers have to be open so that people can play and test stuff, that includes hive connection, and your server locking is making that difficult.  

What's even worse is that game devs don't really care and make players deal with this. 

First of all !! Shut your hole and know your role.. 

First of all !! Shut your hole and know your role.. 

Oh what a potty mouth you have. But it does not impress me, it's always the small dog that barks loudest. 

• Like 1

What I am wondering are most of these guys always signing stuff or paying for stuff without reading the rules coming with it? Because I gladly meet you guys Irl and sell you stuff..

• Like 2

Eh, there are plenty of others you could join.

What does that have to do with the rules?

• Like 1

General Zod I'll say this once, the server hoppers are not in servers for 5 or 10 minutes tooooo TEST...

End of discussion.. Tool

General Zod I'll say this once, the server hoppers are not in servers for 5 or 10 minutes tooooo TEST...

End of discussion.. Tool

I'll also say this once, servers that kick people do not kick after 5 minutes, they kick instantly.
  • Like 1

You know what I gather from all these little butt hurt babies... your all just scared little kids that qq i don't wanna die i want to kill but I don't want to be killed your the kids that ruined games like World of Warcraft crying about not being able to get in a good raid group BECAUSE YOU SUCK, so you go out and rent a server thinking you will loot that server and kick anyone not whitelisted, so you can what play alone in an 10% finished game? right don't BS me. you loot your server to try and be the tough guy bandits on the other populated servers. how about you just go on an already empty server you lil B and suck it up your servers going down if you keep it up and all that money you spent on it well they get to keep it, but you know it's sad becuase it's probably out of your parents pockets at that.

STOP WHINING as arnold would say. follow the server hosting rules and suck up the deaths you really think that you will keep this gear a year from now? come on i expect TONS of hive wipes and private servers sound dumb imo... I think they should focus more on making the map bigger and reducing the servers and spreading the player base out more on a cloud based server kinda like WoW it's servers support something like 15K players ontop of all the mobs, profession nodes (items) loot taxi's. the bigger the map the more players (because lets face it we know if a real zombie apocolapse was to happen there would be more then 60 survivors) and since most items are static the load on the server for (custom graphics like in APB) is not heavy it's should be simple text back and forth, (I know it's alpha just a suggestion to reduce servers and ditch the private sector completely, millions play wow and they aren't allowed to host a private server infact they have to buy the game the expansions (each one) then pay a monthly fee AND now micro transactions (i know letting players HOST the servers negates the montly fee but it does not mean that the map couldnt be bigger to support 200 players per server hell even minecraft could support 500+ players on there self generating maps thats ALOT of network traffic too)

so all in all you lil qq cry babies if you don't want to get pvp killed and just want to loot your own server "shoo fly" and go play minecraft and host your own minecraft server (it supports mods, you allowed to charge people to play, your allowed to lock it down and do what ever you want basically as in the rules are very very very loose)

Edited by s32ialx

@s32ialx Please calm down a little.

Rants like this can earn you some time off from the forums.

Calling other members "butt hurt babies" etc is just not on. There are better ways to get ones point across.

Consider this a verbal warning.

Rgds

LoK

Lol  s32ialx wow i'm speechless, you almost brought a tear to my eye..  Grow up and get your self a J O B Kid..

Yeah sorry I got excited..

Edited by San

@s32ialx Please calm down a little.

My appologies just a bit annoying with these qq'rs trying to justify there rule breaking just to hide that they are just to scared to actually play legitmatly

Lol  s32ialx wow i'm speechless, you almost brought a tear to my eye..  Grow up and get your self a J O B Kid..

LOL I support My wife two kids and myself so thanks but you grow up and follow the server hosting rules and don't qq that your to scared to interact with people.

I bet these people that hide in auto kick "public" servers wouldn't last half a day if this kinda of thing happen in real life. (you can't just kick out people in real life and password protect your life)

Edited by s32ialx

This is also not on.

I guess it is a touchy subject.. And after all dayz is in alpha stage.

No it's not you guys break the rules which you agreed to respect, and what you do now is trying to justify that. It's that simple. You are not better than server hoppers, in fact you are worse because they risk their gear when hopping, and you hide behind passwords and auto kicks.

You break the rules to stop those who abuse in game mechanics. You should admit that. There would be more dignity in it.

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 1

This makes it super fucking annoying when you get that "please wait" shit to spawn. Pisses me off when i have to wait 4 mins at a black screen because some clan D-bag decided to boot everyone who joins.

• Like 1

This makes it super fucking annoying when you get that "please wait" shit to spawn. Pisses me off when i have to wait 4 mins at a black screen because some clan D-bag decided to boot everyone who joins.

Which is why i made my post the way I did i'm annoyed becuase I want to learn the controls the game play with my wife and friends on a low pop server instead of on a high pop where before we even explore half the map we get sniped from the bluff side. but every time i tried to find a low ping  low pop server they were auto kicking so i had to join a ok but not as good 90+ ping server i could easily join at high pop server thats close with 32ping but tried that myself and ran in to 3 people right away and you got it killed... though one group offered to help out but one of them was to bored of helping a new player so they left quick.

Hello there

Yes, issues like this are a touchy subject, but we need to raise ourselves up abit from the rest of the web

If we want the devs to take us and our ideas/seriously we have to give them decent content here.

Dont get me wrong, there's times when im pulling my hair out and raging at my screen but on the whole I try to curtail that when it comes to posts, Boney will tell you I dont always manage it.

If you fancy a rant (within forum rules) then use mine or Deamon Groover's random thread!

Now, *group hug* love you all.

Rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok

Hello there

Yes, issues like this are a touchy subject, but we need to raise ourselves up abit from the rest of the web

If we want the devs to take us and our ideas/seriously we have to give them decent content here.

We did give devs decent content, screenshots showing the severity of the problem, emails where servers providers say they won't take any actions against those who break the rules. And did that do anything ? I wouldn't be exaggeration to say that 30-40% of servers are now locked or are kicking. Community tried to deal with this and we failed. Now it's time for them to step up and do something.

And how could anyone expect this thread not to derail into rant and insult flame war ? You asked community do enforce your rules, community agreed and did it's best. And it failed, at this point devs should have taken immediate action.

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 1

Hello there

The devs do act on this. Could more be done? Possibly. Its not my field though and I dont know all the agreements etc in place.

ALL we can do is make appropriate reports in the appropriate place.

Rgds

LoK

Yes report servers and either get no response or same like the one in the first post. And the facts that devs made no appearance in any of several thread that discuss the issue does not make things easier.

• Like 1