duulis

Is kicking players instantly from servers allowed?

Hey.

I tried reporting a server, that is kicking all players except clan members instantly upon joining. I got this response from the GSP:

While i understand you drawing that conclusion.

We can not impose any rules that are not set by the developer.

Currently there is not a rule stating that server owners can't kick.

Isn't this almost the same thing as locking the server with password?

The GSP referred me to this ruleset:

http://opm.r.mailjet.com/redirect/ctkgt2rffhnd4lwhqb6qd4/forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/

GSP is vilayer.

EDIT:

And sorry, I have no idea how this got posted twice...

Edited by Duulis
  • Like 1

Is Duplicate Threads Allowed

INB4

/Graveyard

Somehow accidentally posted the thread twice. I edited and reported the other thread.

A clear reply on this and a clarification in the rules thread would be helpful here. So far the only replies regarding this have seemed to dodge the question and have been to report the server if there is proof of abuse, yet kicking everybody is not listed in those rules.

If kicking everybody who joins is considered the same as passwording the server (it effectively is), then the rules thread should make this clear especially if GSPs are pointing to it and saying that kicking isn't against the rules.

Edited by j883376
  • Like 5

If my understanding of the rules are the same as the Mod servers. You are not allowed to kick players to allow

friends or clan mates access over others.

The servers are provided for the public, Any server doing this with evidence provided will be looked into, As many have been.

Maybe a Dev or Forum Mod can confirm this.

No. Report them to their Top Tier provider.

Problem is that right now, this is a loophole in the terms of service.

Hopefully this will quickly be addressed. 

• Like 3

Hey.

I tried reporting a server, that is kicking all players except clan members instantly upon joining. I got this response from the GSP:

Isn't this almost the same thing as locking the server with password?

The GSP referred me to this ruleset:

http://opm.r.mailjet.com/redirect/ctkgt2rffhnd4lwhqb6qd4/forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/

GSP is vilayer.

EDIT:

And sorry, I have no idea how this got posted twice...

Thats odd, I got this message from Vilayer over their thoughts on it.

Hello Steak,

We would like to remind everyone that locking your server is not currently allowed.  This may change in the future but currently all DayZ Standalone servers must remained unlocked at all times.

We understand in can be frustrating when your server keeps filling up as you and your friends try to join.  However, a locked server allows the nature of the central hive system to be abused.  To ensure a fair gameplay experience for everyone, all servers must remained unlocked at all times.

We are currently operating on a 3 strike system.  The first 2 times a server is found to be locked we will temperately disable it and open a ticket.  You will need to respond to the ticket to have your server enabled again. If a server is found to be locked a 3rd time it will be permanently disabled. 

We appreciate everyone's understanding.

Best Regards,

Vilayer LTD

Edited by Steak and Potatoes
  • Like 3

The problem is as the OP states, They are not locking the server they are instead kicking players

to allow there clan mate to join, So as Dallas has said there is a loophole in the rules.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/

As it states nothing about Kicking players on the SA Server Rules.

Which was covered with the Mod version, that server owners where not allowed to kick for friends and clan mates.

I think this is what the OP is trying to address. :)

Edited by Faz

If this is the case, can the rules thread at the top of this forum please be updated to reflect this? As Dallas and Faz have said, there's currently a loophole which people seem to misunderstand as it being perfectly okay to kick everybody who joins.

If this is the case, can the rules thread at the top of this forum please be updated to reflect this? As Dallas and Faz have said, there's currently a loophole which people seem to misunderstand as it being perfectly okay to kick everybody who joins.

I would be more than happy to once everyone is on the same page.

is problem :|

it happen to me most days sometime more than one time

I find server join and instant kick happen :huh:

we know why they doing it should stop >:(

what I do now is rejoin after name change 'FUCKYOULOOTCYCLECHEATBASTARDS' :D

• Like 3

Get Hicks or another dev to publicly clarify the matter and I will. I've had success reporting servers in the past that kick everyone to circumvent the no locking rule and I know Hicks has personally shut some down so it must depend on who you get or how you word the email, I always put emphasis on circumventing no locking rule rather than kicking. A server was doing this the other day and I got the following responses from Vilayer.

Hi David,

We've received another abuse report about this server.
We've dealt with the server (literally moments ago)
Thank you for your report.

If you have any other queries or issues don't hesitate to get in touch.

Best Regards,
Vilayer LTD Abuse

Hi David,

Thanks for your report, we did indeed warn them and suspend their service, and it does indeed seem they are doing it again, they will be warned a Second time, one more and we will be forced to take further action on their account.

If you have any other queries or issues don't hesitate to get in touch.

Best Regards,
Vilayer LTD Abuse
  • Like 2

Get Hicks or another dev to publicly clarify the matter and I will. I've had success reporting servers in the past that kick everyone to circumvent the no locking rule and I know Hicks has personally shut some down so it must depend on who you get or how you word the email, I always put emphasis on circumventing no locking rule rather than kicking. A server was doing this the other day and I got the following responses from Vilayer.

The post I was waiting for, just to shut up some people  :P

Hey,

This is the message I sent to Vilayer, with an attachment of a screenshot of me being kicked. I also included the servers IP and port, which I have excluded here:

Hey.

The server admin is kicking everyone who is joining instantly. I tried joining multiple times and every time just after couple of seconds in server I get the message attached as image.

I also saw when I joined that other people were being kicked. This is essentially like locking the server with password.

And the reply that I got is the one in the OP.

Edited by Duulis

i'm just wondering why this is even possible why aren't those "admins", "clans" and providers  just banned/disengaged from public hive forever? This is SO unfair for everyone else who want to play fair... server-hoppers are just a minor problem against this kind of crap.

The rules did say; that kicking players to allow your friends to join is not allowed but this rule was removed recently, for some reason.

Lol you wouldnt have lots of public server but for clans and groups of friends.  I will happily kick a random member of the public to allow a clan member to join who has contributed to the server cost, no rule would stop this tbh!

• Like 1

That is very odd yes here is my response from the 24th (Support Manager)

there seems to be a little bit of an issue with the current rules... Which are listed here: http://opm.r.mailjet.com/redirect/1pn7h2s6x34c3v6q7r4rvv/forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/

If you feel that there is a better rule set that should be implemented... Speak to the Developer.

We can not enforce any rules that are not made public.

What rule is being broken?

This is the only rule set that has been offered by the developers for the DAYZ SA.

Now im banned from reporting servers via that hoster, but no matter i play on Multiplay Game Servers anyhow and if i was to purchase one it would be though them.

Edited by SmashT
Removed Support Managers name
  • Like 1

i don't get this. i simply don't understand the problem ..if i kick a few players when ever i play ..any of those offensive words they manage to come up with for names... they still can join any of the other 2-3 servers im paying for. what is the problem? here is an idea for you: when i first played this game some weeks ago, i got kicked a few times. instead of coming here whining about it and ramble on about "REPORT!! REPORT!!" i simply rented a few slots my self! problem solved!

Edited by Legacy

This loophole as it is, is going to be looked into as the forum staff have said.

There is really no need to get abusive regarding some of the posts, They will be sorted if they do what that have suggested.

The rules are the same for everyone and no one is exempt from them. :)

• Like 1

Good boy, David. <3

but srs. I really dislike servers like this. Even when I want to be a pussy hero who never KOS's, but still gets murdered.

This sounds a lot like the locked thread:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/167125-server-admins-kicking-people-or-locking-servers-for-friends-only/

Frankly, there is nothing wrong with kicking a few people to allow clan mates to enter their server while the remaining slots are filled up with pubbers. It is their cummulative donations that pays and maintains their server; thus, they have a right to play on their server. If and when reserve slots are implemented in DayZ SA, it will essentially do the same thing. This type of kicking isn't admin abuse.

However if a server admin kicks everyone that enters their server and only their clanmates and friends are the only players playing, I call that admin abuse since its essentially the same as locking the server.

Do not group all server admins the same. And to answer the thread question, "Is kicking players instantly from servers allowed?" I will say "yes" since the DayZ Standalone server rules does not forbid it. Read SA server rules here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/

Edited by TheEmgee
  • Like 1

Just play elsewhere. There are plenty of servers available. No reason to worry yourself about how someone runs their server. This isn't BF and as far as I know there aren't any stats.

• Like 2

Just play elsewhere. There are plenty of servers available. No reason to worry yourself about how someone runs their server. This isn't BF and as far as I know there aren't any stats.

Your right its not bf where everyone is on a level playing field, its dayz where yuo have to find find the items, and if people can have a private server and loot what they want without fear of other players and resetting the server as they please then thats an unfair advantage over other people when they jump servers.

This loophole should not even exist and its quite bad when your told by the server hosts they will not do anything about it.