Insannik

Are they breaking DayZ as we know it?

Mill weps aren't that rare, especially compared to the mod. In the mod there were only 2 barracks buildings on the map. So only 2 places you could get some guns. Ok we also had the chance to srike lucky on one of 5 crash sites, if they werent guarded by a bandit group. But even then thats only 7 places per restart, 5 of which didnt even respawn. 

When i started playing the SA I felt the opposite of you. I saw 3 barracks at balota, more tents at NWA, a whole new mill base and police stations everywere. I thought "wth....they've made it into one of those damn extra barracks everywhere, insta pvp servers :("

I really hope in the end its something like only pistols in police stations and have less barracks in some places. Finding a good gun should be an event :)

You forgot the tent cities in Berezino, Stary Sobor and Balota, deerstands, firestations, hangars and control towers all of which spawned military weapons in the mod.

• Like 1

You forgot the tent cities in Berezino, Stary Sobor and Balota, deerstands, firestations, hangars and control towers all of which spawned military weapons in the mod.

True....i did forget a lot there lol... but werent they all medium value? Like some guns only spawned at the barracks or on CS (thinking AS50 before it was removed) and some exclusive to CS. Im still playing the mod, but im not as clued up on the spawn rates as i used to be :)

They aren't decreasin weapon spawns in general, they decrease for example the M4 Spawns because the introduce more guns to the game... the chance for a single gun will be lower, but there will be many more so it will be balanced and there will guns and gunfights on mass if they are introduced and spawn system works^^

• Like 2

guns aren't that hard to find, i've left quite a few mosins lying in their houses in the last 2 days, and it took me about an hour to find a mosin in a car for my hardcore character :D. yet to see a shotgun though. Haven't seen an m4 in a while but i've heard them shooting so i know they're around. 

I don't get why people are complaining, I'm loving less loot. people can't be having that much difficulty finding a weapon or they'd spread out more evenly over the map, also get over running, dayz is built on it. 

Hello everyone,

I've been playing the game for a while now and I like it a lot but...

I've noticed how hard it is to find a gun.

I don't think it's bad to make it hard but on the other hand we all liked those gunfights you used to get in the mod. That moment a bullet flies next to your character and your heart and adrenaline start pumping.

I've been reading up on how the game will develop and I've read that they will even decrease the number of weapon spawns even more. Now, I don't mind the game being hard but I think they need to look at the entertainment value of the game as well

What I mean is, if they make military weapons super rare. Nobody will have a gun that is actually good enough to shoot anyone with so basically the danger of dieing any second dissapears and so does the entertainment.

I'm not the kind of guy that is going to have a lot of fun running arround with weapons incapable of killing a guy from more than 2 meters away.. i so don't feel like hunting deer all day.

Anyway, what I want to say is that I like the game but I feel like they are taking away a great ammount of the exitement by taking away most of the guns. I like a hard game but hard AND boring is definately something no one will play.

Please give me your thoughts on this. I feel worried that this game might not turn into the game I hoped for.

I think weapons should become the rarest of all items (after ammunation for it) in the game esspecially military grade and long range weapons only pistols and other low grade weapons wich also can be found in civilian buildings are good to me to be a little more common. Killing people from large distances should always be hard as hell.

It depends on how good the civilian weapons are. If it's all balanced out I don't mind but they have to look badass as well. I don't want to run arround with a catapult shooting little pebbles at my enemies or even zombies for that matter.

And another thing is. They are going to fix server hopping (I like it) but.. I don't like the fact that loot doesn't respawn without a server restart. If everything is looted there is no way that you'll get any gear. So I think they should implement something to fix this. What do you guys think? :-)

I like those "respawn rates" as they are (everything respawns every 4 hours after server restart) i would love it if they keep it as it is :)

To be completely honest I think everyone has gotten this insane idea it is impossible to play a survival game like this unless they have a gun.

I mean in the alpha right now you're at a serious disadvantage, but this mentality of "okay i spawn MUST GO TO NWAF AND GET M4" is kind of ridiculous. you are perfectly capable of surviving without a gun, and the fact that they have reduced these military spawns is a move in the right direction in my opinion. There's so much of the rest of the map worth exploring, and some pretty cool towns with some cool map designs.

Honestly, I think this is a brilliant move on the devs part (reducing military spawn and spreading it out) because it forces people to fan out more and explore more terrain, thus increasing the probability players will encounter glitches/bugs that may be area specific. In turn they will report them and they can be put on a fix-list, resulting in bugs and glitches being fixed quicker and more efficiently.

So next time you get a fresh spawn and think about just bee-lining to an airfield, remember there are some pretty awesome towns to the far NW and W side of the map. 

It's not all about the guns and killing people, we have a responsibility as ALPHA players to make this game great, so we need to spread out and find those glitches and kick em in the ass xD

They aren't decreasin weapon spawns in general, they decrease for example the M4 Spawns because the introduce more guns to the game... the chance for a single gun will be lower, but there will be many more so it will be balanced and there will guns and gunfights on mass if they are introduced and spawn system works^^

This is the deal, they need to adjust all weapon spawn chances down as they add more weapons, it will likely be a balancing marathon that they will be continuously tweaking as they add more things.

Also, there is only 1 military weapon even in the game right now, all the others I would consider civilian, I myself really can't wait for the bow/crossbow, just hope it feels good to use(probably still won't be the weapon I aim for though)

This is what I hope for:

Foreign Military Loot, Uniform & Gadgets - Rare spawn chance in military barracks and in rare randomly located helicopter crash sites

Local Military Weapons & Uniform - Semi-rare spawns in military barracks small and large, hangers and military tents

Local Police Weapons & Uniform - Semi-rare spawns in offices, fire stations and some airfield watchtowers

Local Civilian Weapons - Semi-rare spawn chances in tower blocks, offices, fire stations, watchtowers, hunting towers and mansions

Local Farm Weapons - Regular spawn chances in farms, hunting towers and certain farm-based buildings

M4A1 - Crashed Helicopter and on a very rare occasion in a barracks

SKS - Military Barracks, Hangers, Tents, Watch Towers

AK Series (both a military version with rails for attachments and a regular wooden stock one for civilian use) 

- AK Military - Barracks, Hangers,  Tents, Watch Towers

- AK Civilian - Tower Blocks, Offices, Fire Stations, Mansions, Hunting Towers

Mosin Nagant - Hunting Towers, Tower Blocks, Offices, Fire Stations, Mansions

Hunting Rifle - Hunting Towers, Tower Blocks, Offices, Mansions

Double Barrel Shotgun - Barns, Mansions, Tower Blocks, Hunting Towers

Sawn-Off Double Barrel Shotgun - Barns, Mansions, Tower Blocks

Crossbow - Barns, Mansions, Tower Blocks, Hunting Towers

Revolver - Offices, Fire Stations, Mansions, Tower Blocks, Barracks, Watch Tower

FNX Pistol - Barracks, Fire Stations, Offices, Watch Tower

AK SU (Police?) - Offices, Fire Stations, Watch Towers, Barracks, Mansions

Something like that... plus of course there are other weapons that could find their way into the mix....

Hello there

The OP has a point.

But in the way they think they do.

The game in its final incarnation, IMHO will not appeal to many of the "modded" mod players out there.

Those wanting a PvP experience with lots of cool weapons should start looking towards A2/A3.

This will be a hard core survival jaunt where things are not easy to come by. As the development progresses this will become more evident.

There still will be the threat of PvP and the occasional gunfight but not as we see them now.

I foresee a great wailing and gnashing of teeth in the future.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 6

We will get more modern guns in future patches, and in my opinion they should spawn more randomly, which is realistic, because

it will reduce a typical camper (player style) - who need to move to different locations instead.

And now it's obvious where to camp on the map; and brief campers in general = kos.  

It's similar to BF4 with camping just to get good K/D ratio, it promotes really bad and low risk gameplay.

And it doesn't help that all decent weapons spawns near Airfield and firestations concerning this issue.

-Ori

Edited by Ori42

they shouldn't touch the amount of loot there is in the game, until they have the re spawning of loot working right. They should only add items to the tables while its in its current broken state.

Its like putting new windscreen wipers on your car when the windscreen is cracked. It make no logical sense, but considering the patch history, I'm not expecting much, the game most likely will be in the same state at the end of the year, we wont have a solution to combat logging, server hopping, zeds no-clipping etc, but you can garantee that we will have nice shiny mechanics like painting your gun, or be able to dye your clothes or something equally as stupid.

• Like 1

Sawn-Off Double Barrel Shotgun - Barns, Mansions, Tower Blocks

No need for them to spawn seperatly. Just saw the barrel off.

• Like 1

I don't get why people are complaining, I'm loving less loot. people can't be having that much difficulty finding a weapon or they'd spread out more evenly over the map, also get over running, dayz is built on it. 

Dayz is not built on running, that makes no sense at all.

• Like 1

...maybe it`s not about guns at all but survival?

Thank you!

Perhaps devs are trying to steer the game away from the nu-CoD game it's becoming? Less tactical gear and more zombies means less hiker-hunting and more surviving.

• Like 1

Thank you!

Perhaps devs are trying to steer the game away from the nu-CoD game it's becoming? Less tactical gear and more zombies means less hiker-hunting and more surviving.

its becoming 'nu-COD' because there's fuck all to do once you've kitted up, and with making loot rarer and harder to find, it will only increase the 'you have something I want, I'm going to take it from you' mentality that leads to killings, it does not increase player co-operation or any other such trite ideas. Survival is cut throat at best, at worst its 'butcher you while you sleep for that bottle of water'.

No, if they make military weapons super rare - then the value of weapons that people may obtain with less effort becomes higher.

The problem is they need to cut back on the cutting back, they DO NOT HAVE NO WHERE NEAR The amount of weapons in game yet to start restricting the ones currently inside the game, they need to build up the crafting and add more crappy or early weapons before saying "NO GUNS".

its becoming 'nu-COD' because there's fuck all to do once you've kitted up, and with making loot rarer and harder to find, it will only increase the 'you have something I want, I'm going to take it from you' mentality that leads to killings, it does not increase player co-operation or any other such trite ideas. Survival is cut throat at best, at worst its 'butcher you while you sleep for that bottle of water'.

Yes, but that's where "more zombies" comes in. Not so boring when you're constantly running into hordes.

Millitary grade weapons should be very rare, however firearms in general shouldn't. We shouldn't have too much problems finding a revolver or rifle. This is a survival game but the intense gunfights this game provides is just as important for the fun factor.

Thats my beans.

• Like 1

Yes, but that's where "more zombies" comes in. Not so boring when you're constantly running into hordes.

in the games current state it would be like lighting a fuse that would make the current situation worse, it would make the fight for loot and weapons even harder to survive the massive hordes. Slyguy65 is right there aren't enough items in general to start cutting back on anything, put the loot levels back to pre-patch levels, just add new stuff to the tables, the FIX the loot spawning system, THEN you can start dialing down the volume of loot.

Like I said the devs are doing everything cock eyed and back to front.

I agree to a point to reduce the amount of military grade weaponry in the game.

BUT

if you'd compare this to the real world, and you accept the 250square km and the THREE military airfields, added to some FIVE military bases in the are, and that the backstory has some sort of civil war going on (which always disperses a LOT of weapons, even military), then I think the amount we have in the game right now is good, maybe even low. Definitely room for AKs, SKSs and shitty hand guns (not too sure about the Pythons, they seem rather exotic for the environment. The M4 I get because of the USMC involvement in the backstory, but really how often do you see a magnum).

One thing I miss in this backstory is how far in we are. Has it been months? I notice no dogs or cats. Have they all been eaten? There's kennels outside of lots of homes. I'd like some feral dogs in packs, esp. in the cities. Oh and the scary howling at night would be amazing. If it is months, what's beyond the end of the map? a perimeter guarded by the Russians, with UN/CDC carps trying to contain whatever it is that's turning us into zombified infected whatever the correct term is here?

Are we in years and has the whole world been affected? Then really can we have pristine of anything? How good is canned food then? Usually it lasts 1-2 years. Ponds I'd have real difficulty trusting, but wells? Where is a real river? What about when a zombie or player dies in a pond and stays in. Goodbye drinking water and hello disease, even coming close. 

I'd love to hear more about the how's and why's of us at that beach. Also about how this would affect our world, and making it believable. Here's one comment to the poster about soldiers evac'ing leaving their weapons behind: since we now have military zombies, that question has been answered for me. Panicked evac (although, where are the signs of that? Except on the road between Balota airfield and the tent camp, where you can feel the hastened and desparate exit somewhat with the burnt vehicles). The rest got infected and stayed behind.

Edited by unicornsmustdie
  • Like 1

I agree to a point to reduce the amount of military grade weaponry in the game.

BUT

if you'd compare this to the real world, and you accept the 250square km and the THREE military airfields, added to some FIVE military bases in the are, and that the backstory has some sort of civil war going on (which always disperses a LOT of weapons, even military), then I think the amount we have in the game right now is good, maybe even low. Definitely room for AKs, SKSs and shitty hand guns (not too sure about the Pythons, they seem rather exotic for the environment. The M4 I get because of the USMC involvement in the backstory, but really how often do you see a magnum).

One thing I miss in this backstory is how far in we are. Has it been months? I notice no dogs or cats. Have they all been eaten? There's kennels outside of lots of homes. I'd like some feral dogs in packs, esp. in the cities. Oh and the scary howling at night would be amazing. If it is months, what's beyond the end of the map? a perimeter guarded by the Russians, with UN/CDC carps trying to contain whatever it is that's turning us into zombified infected whatever the correct term is here?

Are we in years and has the whole world been affected? Then really can we have pristine of anything? How good is canned food then? Usually it lasts 1-2 years. Ponds I'd have real difficulty trusting, but wells? Where is a real river? What about when a zombie or player dies in a pond and stays in. Goodbye drinking water and hello disease, even coming close. 

I'd love to hear more about the how's and why's of us at that beach. Also about how this would affect our world, and making it believable. Here's one comment to the poster about soldiers evac'ing leaving their weapons behind: since we now have military zombies, that question has been answered for me. Panicked evac (although, where are the signs of that? Except on the road between Balota airfield and the tent camp, where you can feel the hastened and desparate exit somewhat with the burnt vehicles). The rest got infected and stayed behind.

Y'know while I agree with a lot of what you've said, but I think you might be in the wrong thread.

I don't mind having lots and lots of guns around. They only need to change the amount of ammo you can find for it and spread the spawns of weapons even more. And make it completely random.

Example, military convoys that have been abandoned on some road, perhaps a wrecked vehicle with a sidearm in it or so...

it's not the gun, but the ammo that kills. Most people forget that.

They do need to make ammo more rare, guns are slowly getting to the right rarity but could be a little more rare as well. The common situation people need to be in after a bit of gameplay (days, or a week) is having a gun with very limited shots so that people really have to decide if it's worth engaging someone as hostile, friendly, or avoiding them. I'm sure it'll get to this point, but there will be a lot of complaints along the way. I also can't wait for military grade weapons to be less common, m4's and such should be really extremely rare. Pistols should definitely be the most common, but more rare than they are right now (or at least a lot less common in certain places like military bases and fire stations).

People who want a fast paced action, first person shooting kind of game might want to find another game..

• Like 1