Sign in to follow this  
MakeThemListen

Anybody wish the SA was never released?

I love the SA and I am looking forward to following updates and seeing a fantastic finished product. But overall, I love the mod much more and I think I always will. This is not due to one being more "finished" or "playable" than the other, it's more due to the community. This place is thrashed beyond all recognition. The thing that made the mod great was the fact that all the people adopting it early had a similar vision of what the mod was, and enjoyed the fact that it was a somewhat niche player base. Didn't matter if it was KoS arguments or whatever, those were always present, but it was different. It does not feel like that anymore, whatsoever. Now it's several thousand ill-informed newcomers who tend to assume they know what's best for this concept spamming the forums relentlessly about topics that have been beaten to death by the veteran player base, it's getting tiresome. I am not trying to sound like new players cannot give input that is useful, because of course they can and should, I guess all you need to do is flip through the forums and you will see what I mean. 

• Like 7

I think you're one of a very small group who wish it wasn't released. I am thankful I am finally able to play the standalone and be apart of its development AND have gotten it for a lower price than it will be when the full release comes around. Despite it still being early in development, and despite the widespread assholes/uninformed in the community ( in game and on the forums), i am enjoying the game thoroughly so far.

Edited by Foxhunt
  • Like 9

I think you're one of a very small group who wish it wasn't released. I am thankful I am finally able to play the standalone and be apart of its development AND have gotten it for a lower proce than it will be when the full release comes around. Despite it still being early in development, and despite the widespread assholes in the community, i am enjoying the game thoroughly so far.

Hmmm, well I did say I am enjoying it and am looking forward to watching it progress....

Hmmm, well I did say I am enjoying it and am looking forward to watching it progress....

And those were the first few words I said actually...

The easiest solution for me is just not reading the forums. Which is pretty simple and most of the user base probably does that anyways.

• Like 1

The easiest solution for me is just not reading the forums. Which is pretty simple and most of the user base probably does that anyways.

Haha fair point, but I used to like reading the forums for really cool stories of what people were experiencing in-game. Now it's just "FUCKING KOS" or "NIGHTTIME" or "NO LOOT". You get my point. 

What will happen is that these people who are ill-informed or are asking for convenience(like those other games), will either have to accept what DayZ is and will be or just move on. It will happen... Eventually.

You have the DayZ mod,

and you have the DayZ standalone.

If you pre-purchased the standalone, what were you expecting from an alpha? And I mean from a "standalone alpha" that is in the works, compared to a "mod alpha" that is already being modded and customized to fit the needs of certain players?

Two weeks after I joined this forum as a DayZ mod player, I quitted DayZ, never even thinking about returning again (for personal complaints regarding the mod). In my honest opinion, it is quite a ridiculous state, really. Dean now has both an alpha mod of DayZ, as well as an alpha standalone DayZ out there. The only difference being that the mod has been modded in endless, playerbase-appropriate ways, while the actual SA, still receiving features and stuff, might have problems to keep up with the ever-appearing spin-offs that might be more advanced/finished in development.

I might not make myself friends by saying this, but with a mod-alpha and a standalone-alpha out there, it doesn't hurt looking at what other dev teams/companies have to offer.

Edited by ApplejackDaniels

Haha fair point, but I used to like reading the forums for really cool stories of what people were experiencing in-game. Now it's just "FUCKING KOS" or "NIGHTTIME" or "NO LOOT". You get my point. 

That is a good point I feel most of the amazing stories are jsut getting uploaded to youtube anyways with more coming out each day. With the lack of content there is its all about what happens in game now rather then who has the best gun and amazing firefghts

What will happen is that these people who are ill-informed or are asking for convenience(like those other games), will either have to accept what DayZ is and will be or just move on. It will happen... Eventually.

We can only hope....

Ya had to see this struggle coming.  The anti gamers vs standard issue gamer.

I have faith in Dean and company to stay true to his vision and let the others take it or leave it.  In the meantime the forums will be bloody.

If it gets to tiresome here ... there will be (hope sooner than later) the Supporters Forums Lounge

• Like 1

I kind of went off topic after the first sentence and stated my thoughts not necessarily in response to your post. I understand what you're saying with The massive influx of new players, but i still don't agree that the standalone should not have been released yet just so yo wouldn't have to worry about them. Let's hope the devs stay on track and don't listen to the ridiculousness some of the new players have been suggesting.

That is a good point I feel most of the amazing stories are jsut getting uploaded to youtube anyways with more coming out each day. With the lack of content there is its all about what happens in game now rather then who has the best gun and amazing firefghts

Word, I've always been a fan of DayZ Youtube content, some good ones out there. 

I m not one of the whiners. Sometimes when i die im even happy becouse maybe i will meet/kos someone while going back to gear again lol.

Anyway back on topic, everyone is waiting much more then "planned" since the sale skyrocketed 2 the stars ( yes i expect that too), i can see things moving forward but maybe BI should set as high priority server stuff/desync/security/loots, then later add things/etc since is a public alpha and people want play too, just my 2 cent.

I kind of went off topic after the first sentence and stated my thoughts not necessarily in response to your post. I understand what you're saying with The massive influx of new players, but i still don't agree that the standalone should not have been released yet just so yo wouldn't have to worry about them. Let's hope the devs stay on track and don't listen to the ridiculousness some of the new players have been suggesting.

I guess my point was that I would rather see them test and mature the game in a more controlled environment for quite a bit longer, I'm just afraid that this fucking horrible input that is rolling in could possibly compromise what this concept was meant to be from the start. There are 2 main things that tend to do this: Money; and 2; the desire to please the masses. Which results in more of 1. And in turn, ruins the concept. I hope I don't come off as snobby or anything, but it's the absolute truth. I know Dean wants this game to follow the original path he intended that made all this possible. 

I know Dean wants this game to follow the original path he intended that made all this possible.

You forgot to add you second point in this sentence and also avoided the RocketAmA where he say this game is gonna become a rust clone, and that s pretty hilarius.

Edited by KamiOfKOS

I think your post makes some valid points it's just the title is a bit troll-like

You forgot to add you second point in this sentence and also avoided the RocketAmA where he say this game is gonna become a rust clone, and that s pretty hilarius.

Could this even happen though? Most of the stuff he wanted to add to the game is stuff he said he was going to do way back then before rust even came out?

I think its was a great move, but most people simply dont understand the Early Acces Alpha concept, so they are playing the game and complaining about bugs on the forums...
Its difficult, because no power in the universe can protect you against the average humans stupidity :)

But im excited to be a part of this, as i was excited to be part of the mod development, people just need to remember that exact thing, this is a development process hehe.
Dean has had a vision for a long time now, and he finally has the chance to make it come true, very exciting times ahead.

And i have to say, a Rust clone? lol, if anything Rust is a DayZ clone tbh, DayZ was here first, and it sparked a giant gaming interest in the concept of survival, so now we see thousand of games being developed, based on this.
Theres differences ofc, but the survival idea, is something many games has adopted, after they saw how big of a succes the DayZ mod became.

• Like 1

I enjoyed the mod in it's original form.  The modded versions of the mod that turned DayZ into "easy mode I has all weapons off the start" is what ruined the mod for me.  Sadly I can't even find a vanilla server in the mod anymore that isn't going to make me spawn with as much gear as possible.  Survival mod my ass

• Like 1

I never played the MOD and iam happy with the SA so far. Most of my friends are in their mid 20´s mid 30´s anyways.

More Players means more testing on the infrastructure wich is great for the devs right now. And ofc you have the childish trolls and People that cant read and dont understand the "its Alpha" Thing.

Either they leave, or get banned for hacking ( wich is Happening alot right now :D )  OR they leave since they cant camp electro all day anymore and everything else they view as boring.

The same Sentiments stated by OP are circulating in the Red Orchestra community too. After every sale its a noob fuckfest. I made it a habbit of leaving the game for 2-3 weeks and come back and see if the noobs evolved to newbies.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

I am with you Love the mod way more.

Mod has far more mil sim aspects, stand alone however feels like it is washing down the game mechanics and consolizing the game by adding arcade aspects.

• Like 1

I am with you Love the mod way more.

Mod has far more mil sim aspects, stand alone however feels like it is washing down the game mechanics and consolizing the game by adding arcade aspects.

Funny hehe.

I feel the exact opposite mate. :)

Feel like the mod cater to the arcadish people, where as the SA is going back to its roots haha.

Funny thing, this perception.

• Like 1

That makes absolutely no sense...as you have read this thread in the forum AND replied to it

Respectable sir. i must ask, dafuq you talkin bout? 

• Like 1

Funny hehe.

I feel the exact opposite mate. :)

Feel like the mod cater to the arcadish people, where as the SA is going back to its roots haha.

Funny thing, this perception.

Before stand alone came out my one hope for the game was that it would move closer towards realism and being authentic.

I was hoping the game would have ultra realistic properties to the weapons, realistic ballistic system with wind and proper muzzle velocities and bullet trajectories, realistic wounds and treatment but nope.

We instead are getting what appears to be a very mainstream game for the masses not the anti game that we expected.