rocket

Servers with connection issues to central hive

Nothing you just said made any sense to me... not trying to be an ass, but please think out your statement and repost it as it intrigues me.

Gameservers the server hoster has been asked to shutdown all there servers until they fix the problem which means the servers should now all be on same hive unless there on a different mode.

Edited by spartan54820

My plea would be for people to give the hosters a bit of leeway here. We just released a big update, it's very complex. I know they are working REALLY hard. Give them a bit of time and I am sure they will fix things and put it right.

Maybe you're right... I will let it go another 24 hours and see what happens.

Sorry for my outburst.

Gameservers the server hoster has been asked to shutdown all there servers until they fix the problem which means the servers should now all be on same hive unless there on a different mode.

I understand now... thanks.

Does anyone no the answer to this question??

Rocket, you say you cant roll back characters, can you help me understand then why when I go into a server, that its not my toon from the eve before the patch its a toon from over a week before? is my pre-patch toon going to appear again then? thx for your time

Maybe you're right... I will let it go another 24 hours and see what happens.

Sorry for my outburst.

Hey I totally understand, I also feel bad for hosters - it's a big update and we dramatically tightened up security. They're aware of the issue and by forcing hosters to turn "bad" servers off we're fully exposing the problem and I'm sure everyone will be very motivated to fix it ASAP. It's a very hard game for servers to host for at the moment, as it is constantly evolving. So my plea would be to give everyone a little bit of breathing space here.

We tested with the configurations available to us here, so these routing issues weren't exposed to us during development and don't affect most providers.

• Like 4

Hello, 

I am a representative from Gameservers.com and I just wanted to clarify something here.

Not all of our servers have a problem.  The OS is properly up to date (as mentioned earlier in this thread), as some IPs on a machine will work while others will not.  The DayZ development team has access to our network for testing purposes, and is working with us directly to figure out what the root cause of this issue is.

It's not straightforward, otherwise, this would certainly be solved already. 

We are very sorry for the trouble that this is causing and we want folks to know that we're doing everything possible and giving the DayZ team whatever they need to assist in resolving this problem.

Zach - Gameservers.com

• Like 11

Hello, 

I am a representative from Gameservers.com and I just wanted to clarify something here.

Not all of our servers have a problem.  The OS is properly up to date (as mentioned earlier in this thread), as some IPs on a machine will work while others will not.  The DayZ development team has access to our network for testing purposes, and is working with us directly to figure out what the root cause of this issue is.

We are very sorry for the trouble that this is causing and we want folks to know that we're doing everything possible and giving the DayZ team whatever they need to assist in resolving this problem.

Zach - Gameservers.com

Take your time, we know what is going on, but nice to get information from Gameservers.com as well.

Many people, like me, just stay patient waiting for further information about the issue, because actually it is quite interessting :)

• Like 1

Hello, 

Zach - Gameservers.com

It is great that you have made a post here , but frankly the reply's your company have given as support tickets on this issue and others have been of no help and fairly rude,, you new about this issue with your servers yesterday, so why are you only now taking them down to fix ? I , and many of the others i know that own gameserver.com servers will be wanting compensating for this and i am very sure that if we are not made to feel compensated we will be leaving at the next renew point , about 12 days for me .. this is simply not a fast enough repair , when you could of been doing this a day ago or just got it right the first time like most other server providers !

It's also important to note... while most server providers are not having this problem, it is not exclusively happening to a single provider.

• Like 2

The game is great, and I expect with every update it will get better.  I applaud Rocket for keeping us in the loop as much as he has, if this were EA, Activision, Ubisoft ect we would see 1 post and then the forums would run rampant with asshats.  I do not expect the game to be perfect now or any time soon, and yes it is frustrating to have stuff lost or reset but its a game, you can get it all back.  This is my first time really playing DayZ as I never had the mod, and I really like it so far.  Keep up the great work and thanks for keeping us informed while the bugs get worked out.

Edited by snipe05

Do you need to be a epic forum contributor to get you questions answered here? because the game cost me the same money

Rocket, you say you cant roll back characters, can you help me understand then why when I go into a server, that its not my toon from the eve before the patch its a toon from over a week before? is my pre-patch toon going to appear again then? thx for your time

I have noticed that some servers restart every hour to re load loot and that on those servers character data is lost on the restart this has happened to myself and a few friends.

We generally only loose our character data if the server restarts or recovers from a crash.

Could servers forcing restarts so often be the cause of the data wipes of characters in some cases ?

I think it could be possible that we see the server back in the list after a restart and reconnect before the server has had chance to finish loading up all the servers loot etc and that player info is lost at this point. Maybe do not alow connection for 1min after a restart to alow servers to level out before players connect ?

Edited by BL1P

Do you need to be a epic forum contributor to get you questions answered here? because the game cost me the same money

Because that's just the way it's ended up, the migration to the sharded hive system is not super-clean and data issues have been experienced by many. Sorry you had trouble, and I'm sure it won't be the last time there are data issues.

• Like 1

It is great that you have made a post here , but frankly the reply's your company have given as support tickets on this issue and others have been of no help and fairly rude,, you new about this issue with your servers yesterday, so why are you only now taking them down to fix ? I , and many of the others i know that own gameserver.com servers will be wanting compensating for this and i am very sure that if we are not made to feel compensated we will be leaving at the next renew point , about 12 days for me .. this is simply not a fast enough repair , when you could of been doing this a day ago or just got it right the first time like most other server providers !

We will of course be crediting customers for the time their servers have not been able to work. 

I do understand your concern, but it should be noted that taking the servers down isn't necessarily the way the issue will be fixed.  If we had direct control to repair the issue, immediately, we would do so.  This is not as simple as anyone here may make it sound.  Rocket has been fast to point out that this issue is not affecting everyone in the same way, and it is by no means affecting us exclusively. 

In order for us to repair the issue, we have to know what the problem is.  As Rocket has mentioned, this may not be an issue on our end.  We're doing every single thing we can to get this fixed, and right now that means working directly with they DayZ team (who are being extremely helpful by the way). 

They and we are on top of this, and it will be fixed the moment the root cause has been firmly identified.

• Like 3

so even with the bad servers off i still spawn on the coast and then when i spawn back in on another server im a char from a week ago lol i only get 1 day off a week so can we please have this fixed by saturday night  :D

Hi Rocket! and sorry my english.

When entering a server, a character appeared last week, this character was dead, this is very rare. not if someone else happened the same.

thanks and big game!

Hi Rocket! and sorry my english.

When entering a server, a character appeared last week, this character was dead, this is very rare. not if someone else happened the same.

thanks and big game!

Yea that's whats happened to me and 6 friends

Because that's just the way it's ended up, the migration to the sharded hive system is not super-clean and data issues have been experienced by many. Sorry you had trouble, and I'm sure it won't be the last time there are data issues.

Yea that's whats happened to me and 6 friends

He already wrote about this many times it think. Stop beeing too lazy to read back. It was one page.. 

This is how i get annoyed, by lazy people asking the same question over and over again instead of just investing 10 min to search for it.

Edited by RoterBallon
  • Like 2

Im not addressing this directly to Rocket, but, whenever I join a 24/7 Day server, it is never day. I don't know if the server is messed, or my client is messed, but I haven't been on a day server in more than a week.

Folks,

Gameservers.com servers look to be completely fixed.  We will let the DayZ team comment on the issue if they see fit.  I don't have full details, but, we have run a scan on all servers and at this time all servers are working properly.  It does appear to have been a communication issue that affected approximately 10% of our servers.

We appreciate everyones patience, and we will be working to credit those whow were affected.

Thank you.

• Like 1

We will of course be crediting customers for the time their servers have not been able to work. 

I do understand your concern, but it should be noted that taking the servers down isn't necessarily the way the issue will be fixed.  If we had direct control to repair the issue, immediately, we would do so.  This is not as simple as anyone here may make it sound.  Rocket has been fast to point out that this issue is not affecting everyone in the same way, and it is by no means affecting us exclusively. 

In order for us to repair the issue, we have to know what the problem is.  As Rocket has mentioned, this may not be an issue on our end.  We're doing every single thing we can to get this fixed, and right now that means working directly with they DayZ team (who are being extremely helpful by the way). 

They and we are on top of this, and it will be fixed the moment the root cause has been firmly identified.

thats good and will help , will this include all the time my server has had this issue intermittently before the patch ? as my server as always suffered from fresh spawning people for no reason from time to time .

And please explain why my server has NOT been taken offline , yes im unable to restart the server but it is still online and people are playing on it and im still able to join it ?

this is very worrying , does this mean my server is not being fixed ? but every bodys ell's is ?

thx

Folks,

Gameservers.com servers look to be completely fixed.  We will let the DayZ team comment on the issue if they see fit.  I don't have full details, but, we have run a scan on all servers and at this time all servers are working properly.  It does appear to have been a communication issue that affected approximately 10% of our servers.

We appreciate everyones patience, and we will be working to credit those whow were affected.

Thank you.

I can confirm that my gameserver is now NOT fresh spawning people :)   if you could just give me back the power to ajust the settings and restart it ,, i will be happy ish

Edited by SleepyLuke

Is there some official statement or something like this about losing characters? I don´t want to be b*tching around, but you could say, that we will lose our characters after update...I spent hours equiping mine just 2 days before update with no idea that I will just loose it...and I think that it is not just my problem, that there is more players like me. I know that this is alpha, but losing character for no reson is just huge I think.

"I know this is alpha but losing a character for no reason is just huge i think"

Your official statement pops up every single time you load the game...

That box that has the "I understand" button... that is your "statement"

That warning states that for no reason at all at any random time due to the game being in alpha, you may lose progress,characters, the game might not load for any number of reasons after a patch... its all in that box you click stating that you "Understand" that what happened with this current patch... can possibly happen

We all knew a patch was hitting ... i literally just played recklessly sunday night (Ran out in the middle of cherno and shot my gun in the air for 2 minutes.... attracting tons of players/zombies lol.... and just did similar things... like attempting to fall off a balcony and land on the one beneath mine without a scratch .. (only was able to do it once.....) 

again not trying to be an ass... 

just trying to say that.... they already warned you by stating that the game is in alpha 

• Like 3