Ugly (DayZ)

Character roll-back after new patch?

So since the new patch came out, my character was about 2 hours of gameplay behind from where I left off. (I am currently south of Zelenagorsk when I was originally at military base SE of Pavlovo)

Anyone else experience this issue?

• Like 1

Yup, i was about to post it. I am much mad than you, i was full equiped and full ammo, M4, full camouflage sitting on a military base... and then.. i'm a wild ***** with just an axe in Elektro.. no way to fix it back? Thaaaanks

Edited by Mos1ey
  • Like 1

Yes. Some have also reported their steam name in game also needed changed.

Hello,

Yes i have the same issue, looks like when they told us:

• Does my saved character get affected in experimental branch?

No. It runs on a different database, so any changes will not affect your character on stable branch.

It was clearly a lie.

Lets hope they were smart enough to do a backup of the database!!! and restore our characters!

Yeah I lost my toon from last night, currently on one that I lost like 3 days ago.. Lol.

Alpha guys , alpha. This stuff is bound to happen even in beta so just deal with it, and i dont mean it in a bad way. If you can deal with it  you wont be disappointed when it happens.

• Like 4

Alpha guys , alpha. This stuff is bound to happen even in beta so just deal with it, and i dont mean it in a bad way. If you can deal with it  you wont be disappointed when it happens.

Yeah while it may be in alpha, they should never state the characters would not be affected to be fair.

Same issue, I suddenly have the gear I had last week and all the new stuff is lost. I'm also getting messages my stomach is really full which didn't happen before. 

Yeah, yeah... fuck this shit. Whole pristine M4 with maxed out attachments that are all pristine, gone. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, and fuck! This patch isn't worth shit.

• Like 1

I logged in and had a new character too. My old one was fully geared but I had actually went to the coast in hopes of finding and being killed by someone so I can start over after having been alive and bored for dayz so this just saved me time anyways. :P

yeah! reunited with a character who had been alive for nearly two weeks but I thought i'd lost in a wipe! happy dayZ!

• Like 3

Yeah while it may be in alpha, they should never state the characters would not be affected to be fair.

you are as smart as a zombie.....

you are as smart as a zombie.....

And you were lame enough to comment :)

its not hard to backup a database!

• Like 1

My character was just fine when I joined Regular server, but weirdly enough I spawned in military base near Pavlovo. Well, I've been there a couple of days ago, but my equipment was yesterday's, as I left off (I only lost my Mosin though, M4 was just fine). When I joined Hardcore server, I spawned on the coast as a new character, which I assumed it would be, but when I joined another server I spawned somewhere inland (as a fresh spawn too). My guess is, my first Hardcore character didn't save yet (only played for about 1 - 2 minutes, just testing), but it was a little weird to spawn in such place. Unfortunatelly, during my play on that server I lost connection to it, presumed it was restarting, but from that time, I can't see any Hardcore servers except some 2 clan servers or something and all Experimental/Hardcore.

It says at the start of the game about character wipes if you don't want wipes don't play till full release ;)

It says at the start of the game about character wipes if you don't want wipes don't play till full release ;)

Then its bad practice for a company to state in a update on the forums that your character would not be affected because its on another database, not to mention how on earth can you reset a Database thats not being affected to the update.

Yes fair enough its in alpha but dont tell people you have two seperate databases when you clearly dont.

• Like 3

And you were lame enough to comment :)

its not hard to backup a database!

I would basically expect a full wipe every patch. Its happened a few times already. Part of the alpha is tuning loot and the initial spawn -> gear path. Wiping it gives them valuable data on how changes affected the progression curve, player paths etc. 

Alpher. 

• Like 4

Let's all just be glad that with the current stuff available to us in SA, that there wasn't more to lose, such as bases/vehicles/stashes ect.

With the current game getting returned to a new spawn back to getting fully kitted shouldn't take more than an hour and that's if your terribly unlucky...

And yeah, ALPHA...

Character wipes can happen at any time.  Get used to it at least until the game is released in its final version. 

Don't fall in love with your gear.  Oldest, wisest saying in DayZ.

• Like 1

I got lucky, died a few days ago with full gear. Server reset me back to that state. Yay, cut down on a few hours of re-gearing.

Then its bad practice for a company to state in a update on the forums that your character would not be affected because its on another database, not to mention how on earth can you reset a Database thats not being affected to the update.

Yes fair enough its in alpha but dont tell people you have two seperate databases when you clearly dont.

If you think every big patch is going to be 100% perfect with no issues you're mistaken and this is obviously a glitch or error with the patch / server changes that was unforeseen. It's not like they're going around snickering like 'we sure tricked them telling them their characters would be fine when we plan to a little rollback *teehee*'

it's alpha there will be random unforeseen problems accept the loss and move on if you can't accept the risks in playing alpha don't play till full release. we all have to click 'i understand' to play.

Edited by twingunz