Ugly (DayZ)

Character roll-back after new patch?

Same here... -.-

I really hate this patch so far

Hi friend of many.

I have another quote my dad would tell me when I am upset and cry it is simple "Cry is free, KFC is not"

He always yell this when I ask for too much. This is alpha. Do not expect too much and you will be happy long into life of game.

Every time i join a different server; my character is totally different.

Stand im a white male, suddenly a black female, then a black male.

Dude.... and everytime i also spawn at the darn ocean.

Finally reached Electro while running 40 minutes. Checking for loot.

Exit the game for dinner, come back. a totally different character. And i can run again, with no frikin loot.

Same here with a diff Char. But what's more upsetting and I'm unsure if this is a glitch or what... Last night I logged off at the bone dry NEAF. It was past my bedtime and I barely made it there as a new spawn. I wasn't bleeding aand my health was fine. Anyway, I went to play this morning and I got wiped. New spawn on the coast of Kambi. Not jumping to conclusions, I will test more tonight, but I hope "server hopping" doesn't wipe your toon. The server hop I did was because when I clicked "Play" I was brought to the server browser instead of right back in game like I was last night. Got some ger for my new guy, logged off in Berenz. Let's see what happens later.... I'm going to choose a different server just to see.

I was fully kitted for most of my previous 50 hours of playing time, only having been killed twice (apart from intentional suicides as freshies and deaths from falling through building walls) and pretty much instantly being regeared due to helpful teammates. I had my character wiped 4 times though.

After the rollback, I spawned in as a bleeding freshspawn, near death.

Just my luck that I get rolled into a dying character :P Doesn't matter though, I thought it was hilarious. I managed to find a shotgun, get to the new city, enter a building and then got killed by a staircase.

Alpha survivors 2014, never forget.

Edited by Yliparoni

hahaha, yea backing up a database then adding new fields and metadata required for the patch.Obviously you can't just restore the previous database because the new update requires the new fields they have added, so then you want them to write scripts for massive clustered servers to import this data into the new structure they have modified, all this effort from an Indie developer in Alpha stage?

The fact that people have last weeks characters means they have already done the backup and imported it already, but they used the point from a week ago to do that, and made the changes do that database as it probably takes time to make the changes.

all of this is not even considering the implications of changes to the relational database structure ,so yes it is possible to write scripts to modify the latest database, but if the core structure has changed like a new primary key for, lets say the table that controls items this means that previous data is worthless without massive scripting or importing, all of which is not a priority since, yep you guessed it.ALPHA!

You keep saying people don't understand databases's ,but it seems you don't either.

What? are you a moron? you do know you can add and adapt to databases quite easily? so dont go telling me i dont know what databases are when i work with them on a daily bases and use them all the time.

Not to mention your grammar, punctuation and spelling is spot on here :)

You keep saying people don't understand databases's ,but it seems you don't either.

Its Databases, but it seems.

Hope you don't go near "DATABASES" otherwise everything would be lost!

But hey good try :)

Edited by AdamUK

I'm having the same problem after the update, I lost my character, I had items and supplements, many things, weapons,

and lost everything, I am zero, with my name in game is changed, my name appears in the game, and not nick !! i hope solutions .

personal good news, my character was restored, I thank the staff dayz :D :D :D :D :D

nick and so change the corner, within the game (main menu) !!!

Edited by CR0C0P