Funkmasterflex

New Stuff never found before and never mentioned in patch notes

When you say barn loot is spawning properly do you mean...

1. It spawns where it should on server restart?

2. It spawns, and regenerates before server restart?

No screens, got shot before I could remember too but the paint cans come in 2 colors, green and black. If you spray one coat black then one coat green, you get a camo pattern on your mosin. However, I recommend againt painting the mosin, as of right now painting it only allows 1 bullet to be loaded at a time.

• Like 1

And pay someone to sit there and do nothing but update the public of what they are doing?

Naah, thats not really a policy most companies use, 90% of all game developers do it like this and only mention important stuff in the changelog.

Ofc they have a FULL log, locally, but we will never see it. 

Its simple business tactics really.

You just went full retard.

"And pay someone to sit there and do nothing but update the public of what they are doing?" There's a name for it, it's called Public Relations for God's sake.

Besides, you think a bunch of people work in chaos and they just put this shit together in last moment and release it? Everyone has assigned tasks and notifies the leader when they are completed, probably through bug tracker engine of some sort. It takes 0 time to make the changelog 100% complete.

• Like 5

And pay someone to sit there and do nothing but update the public of what they are doing?

Naah, thats not really a policy most companies use, 90% of all game developers do it like this and only mention important stuff in the changelog.

Ofc they have a FULL log, locally, but we will never see it. 

Its simple business tactics really.

I was just about to say what someone else said, then decided to say it myself. Yes there is a job for that, and it is called public relations DOIH!!!

Just 1. Respawns are not implemented... yet

• Like 1

Beans for the compensator, and barn info.

stealing your spaghetti for saying the SKS is in game, it's ready but not in this patch, something to look forward too!!

edit: played a little this morning but beans for any screen shots (good ones I don't wanna see your romantic sunset on the experimental server)

Are you sure? Someone on reddit screenshotted deans twitter. He mentioned the SKS being ready, and someone asked "in the current public build?" And he said "in the expiremental branch build, yep."

You just went full retard.

"And pay someone to sit there and do nothing but update the public of what they are doing?" There's a name for it, it's called Public Relations for God's sake.

Besides, you think a bunch of people work in chaos and they just put this shit together in last moment and release it? Everyone has assigned tasks and notifies the leader when they are completed, probably through bug tracker engine of some sort. It takes 0 time to make the changelog 100% complete.

I know, but BI arent really know for doing huge PR stunts, like we see EA and other BIG companies do guys....

Thats all im saying, i know what PR is and i know BI has it, but they are one of the few companies that DONT spend millions on it.
Its a small dev team, they do not have a giant budget at all, so i would rather save the money from PR, and use it to develop the game it self.

This game is so hyped it can promote it self, it has done since the beginning, so why waste so much money on PR when you could use it to develop?
Dont get it.

I see now, i didnt write it the right way, but my point was, NOBODY gives you 100% changelog.
You get told what they want you to know, to direct the testing in the wanted direction.

A 100% open gaming company is far from reality, it just doesnt work like that.

But you are right, i was not thinking a whole lot about my answer there, should have gotten more in depth :)
Sometimes you think you are writting exactly what you should, but in fact you cant see the other side of the coin hehe.

Apology for going full retard ;)

Edited by Byrgesen

I'm sure there are some stealth things implemented into the patch. That's a good thing though because it's nice to have at least some surprises.  ;)

this. i love it.

I think he means do they work properly now. The suppressors at least pre-patch didn't affect the weapon, you could see the suppressor on the gun and that was all.

Though judging by your posts in other threads, you may know this and be being sarcastic...

This didn't answer my question ll?

You haven't seen all my posts.

I know, but BI arent really know for doing huge PR stunts, like we see EA and other BIG companies do guys....

Thats all im saying, i know what PR is and i know BI has it, but they are one of the few companies that DONT spend millions on it.

Its a small dev team, they do not have a giant budget at all, so i would rather save the money from PR, and use it to develop the game it self.

This game is so hyped it can promote it self, it has done since the beginning, so why waste so much money on PR when you could use it to develop?

Dont get it.

I see now, i didnt write it the right way, but my point was, NOBODY gives you 100% changelog.

You get told what they want you to know, to direct the testing in the wanted direction.

A 100% open gaming company is far from reality, it just doesnt work like that.

But you are right, i was not thinking a whole lot about my answer there, should have gotten more in depth :)

Sometimes you think you are writting exactly what you should, but in fact you cant see the other side of the coin hehe.

Apology for going full retard ;)

Public relations salaries vary widely.

Holy Cow, this first-person-view with the helmet is so nice. i cant wait to wear it myself

• Like 1

Before, loot was not spawning at all in the white barns.  What I'm saying now is, upon server reset, loot is spawning in the white barns, and there are some loot spots in the barn that were not in the mod.

Can anyone please tell me where the new city is and if anyone could pls post some pics, much appreciated.

Can anyone please tell me where the new city is and if anyone could pls post some pics, much appreciated.

Go to the coast head north along it and you'll eventually reach it, it's in Guba area at the bay there.

Well, imagine the lenght of the changelog if EVERY LITTLE THING had to be written down, it would be a 10 page changelog, in every single patch.

I dont blame them for not having either time or resources to write it all down, in a public forum tbh.

It was to be expected really :)

No...

It should be clarified the mosin uses 7.62x54r, which is a rimmed round similar to the 7.62x51 (aka .308). It is commonly referred to as the 7.62 Russian. The devs should clarify that if they ever add a .308 battle rifle.

The sks/AK47 fires a shortened 7.62x39 cartridge, generally called the 7.62 soviet.

The AK-74 shoots a 5.45x39mm cartridge, meant to copy the US 5.56mm M-4 cartridge. They are similar but not interchangable. The Russians like to make their ammo slightly differently than ours.

The question is how specific the devs will get with bullet types (and guns), and how will the user know what ammo goes in what gun (descriptions like the mod?)

Hope this clarifies ammo a bit for the uninitiated.

Edited by Zeshio
  • Like 2

Combat knives?  I've only seen kitchen knives - a few times.

It's called M91 or 96 bayonet (?), not the spike bayonet for Mosin, that can be attached to the M4 or be used in the hand.

Edited by DontGoToBalotaAlone
  • Like 1

Are you sure? Someone on reddit screenshotted deans twitter. He mentioned the SKS being ready, and someone asked "in the current public build?" And he said "in the expiremental branch build, yep."

He mentioned that SKS is ready, didn't say that it is in game yet. And the "in current build" thingie was an answer to somebody asking if more zombies are spawning on current build.