Funkmasterflex

New Stuff never found before and never mentioned in patch notes

In regards to the ammo debate, my bet would be on misrepresentation.  Regardless of whether or not the 7.62x51mm can be fired out of the Mosin (which it can), the real questions is how "realistic" the Dev team want the firearms in this game to feel.  I know "realistic" and "zombie apocalypse" hardly belong in the same sentence, but hear me out: I love the Russian setting in this game, it is different.  They've gone to extreme lengths to make everything feel like "the Russian version of" if not an actual Russian product.  If that was the case, we'd likely see the ammo boxes labled as 7.62x54mm which would be the true Russian manufactured cartridge for that rifle and several others.

Or the other explanation that someone offered that we will eventually see .308 firing weapons in the game could be true, but then in that case I'd prefer to see the box in English for realism's sake (assuming of course the Russian don't re-box stuff like that - I'm pretty sure nowhere over there manufactures that ammo type locally).

So I can now give you some intel regarding that 7.62x51mm thing. It's actual the same "object/model" as the Mosin Rounds. Just another package for the bullets I guess. I loaded some of these into a Mosin and now the Mosin says "7.61x51mm 100 zeroing" in the right upper corner of the screen.

So no new guns coming with that type of ammo :(

I found this, hadn't seen one before, so not sure if this is new or I just never seen one before.

3yap.jpg

Also to note, loot is spawning properly in white barns.  ;)

One other thing, the moon now has phases, quite stunning to see the crescent moon at night.

Does...does this mean no more up and to left pull at long ranges?

So I can now give you some intel regarding that 7.62x51mm thing. It's actual the same "object/model" as the Mosin Rounds. Just another package for the bullets I guess. I loaded some of these into a Mosin and now the Mosin says "7.61x51mm 100 zeroing" in the right upper corner of the screen.

So no new guns coming with that type of ammo :(

I think you could fire, the 7.62 x 51mm in the Mosin but it would have less accuracy and possibly range. So interchangeability doesn't mean no new guns. The only thing would be when you chamber the round there would be a loose fit in the bore of the gun and you would need to clean it just in case in real life, like you would when firing a .38 out of a .357.

And for all the other guys on the debate about the .308 and NATO round, why are y'all even on even debating about it, until Dean/Dev team adds in a round called .308 Winchester then it's just the Standard 7.62 x 51 mm and yes there are differences between the NATO and commercial rounds. The 308 Winchester has a shorter bullet, but loaded for higher pressure and longer ranged shots than the NATO, and yes you can interchange them but it's debatable on if it's safe or not.

Hm.

found several military barets.

Green new zealand, green chernarus, red and blue.

Sadly, as soon i saw them, i got killed, dammit.

@twingunz: How's the sawed off shotty? Could you maybe post some pix/video from first person etc.?

Can you put the sawed off in the leather holster? :>

Hm.

found several military barets.

Green new zealand, green chernarus, red and blue.

Sadly, as soon i saw them, i got killed, dammit.

@twingunz: How's the sawed off shotty? Could you maybe post some pix/video from first person etc.?

Can you put the sawed off in the leather holster? :>

I got killed shortly after I got mine as well, and then my friend killed the guy who killed me, and then his body glitched out and the beret was lost....they are cursed I tell you! cursed!

Edited by Atomizer

New town North of NE Airfield: picture is taken looking Northwest while standing on the outskirts of town. DayZDB has loot markers on its map for the town but I did not see any loot at all: not even secondary loot that people don't loot (I.e. books). Therefore it may not have loot available on the stable release.

j79qxh.jpg

• Like 1

New town North of NE Airfield: picture is taken looking Northwest while standing on the outskirts of town. DayZDB has loot markers on its map for the town but I did not see any loot at all: not even secondary loot that people don't loot (I.e. books). Therefore it may not have loot available on the stable release.

j79qxh.jpg

nope.

we were there before the rest of the town was added. there where a trainstation + several houses. loot was already available.

yesterday after patch we searched every building of it. found stuff en masse including the new dbarrel shotgun. pretty designed town, but the framerates dropped hard in some spots of it.

Edited by S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Rorschach

OOk stuff I encountered so far... I have found shotgun too but hadn't paid any attention to it... so I didn't took any picture of it. Haven't seen any SKS too (at least not yet I have readed some claims that it has been seen though) or any AK74...

susturucu.jpg

gunflash.jpg

Thats how the gun looks like now

tabanca.jpg

Thats the M4 buttstock I found newly...

m4gt.jpg

This one is for the mosin...

mosinucu.jpg

• Like 1

error message that told me about another new item "military beret nz"

same here.

What about this..?

goo to know, that i'm not the only one

Any word on the walkie talkies yet? i have two of em and am itching to use them or trade em xD

Does...does this mean no more up and to left pull at long ranges?

clearly no!

aim the same way

Any word on the walkie talkies yet? i have two of em and am itching to use them or trade em xD

screenshot plz?

My buddy found a "Transmitter" in the firestation of NWAF last  night ; no clue as to its purpose yet. Will post a screenshot when he gets on.

I think you could fire, the 7.62 x 51mm in the Mosin but it would have less accuracy and possibly range. So interchangeability doesn't mean no new guns. The only thing would be when you chamber the round there would be a loose fit in the bore of the gun and you would need to clean it just in case in real life, like you would when firing a .38 out of a .357.

And for all the other guys on the debate about the .308 and NATO round, why are y'all even on even debating about it, until Dean/Dev team adds in a round called .308 Winchester then it's just the Standard 7.62 x 51 mm and yes there are differences between the NATO and commercial rounds. The 308 Winchester has a shorter bullet, but loaded for higher pressure and longer ranged shots than the NATO, and yes you can interchange them but it's debatable on if it's safe or not.

The cases where 7.62x51 and 308 are not interchangeble are few and far betwenn.

Notice that the previous cardboard box used for 762x54 has been removed from the game, also notice that when you empty the box of 7.62x51 it turns into 7.62 ammo. They likley patched in the new box and left it with the old ammuniton becasue there isn't a 308 weapon in the game yet, but i still belive one is coming, likely the M40 (US sniper rifle)

Now as to firing a 308 in the mosin, NO NO NO. It might go off, but the case would rupture venting gasses into the action potentialy injuring or killing the player, and given the loss of the brass sealing the explosion in you could easily end up with a bullet stuck in the barrel, a followup round would then blow out your barrel and almost certainly injure you.

Now that might not happen, you might get lucky and have the round go off in a normal fashion and not vent enough gas through the ruined brass to leave the bullet in the barrel, in that case you would have to MANUALY remove the 308 case from the rifle with a cleaning rod shoved down the barrel as the extractor would not be able to grab the rim.

For all the COD kiddies and oppressed Europeans who don't get to handle firearms and ammuniton every day here is a little refrence picture I took last night, Should give you some idea of what this amuniton actualy is IRL at a glance. The lists of weapons that fire the rounds is in no way comprehensive, its just to give you some idea. Sorry for the blur

DSCF9036_zps1c59f5d0.jpg

Edited by Franchi