rocket

Rolling Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.32.114557

has one of the devs mentoined before how may builds ahead they are from the actual stable branch build ?

I believe they said that they are six months away from having all features implemented. That was in relation to a base building and vehicle implementation question. So, I'm assuming they think it will be in alpha for around six months then beta for a couple months before the full release. 

I know that's not exact but what they are doing isn't an exact science. It's progressing nicely if you ask me.

Unfortunately this wont happen cause people will just draw dicks everywere

Me, i also like to draw tits :)

I believe they said that they are six months away from having all features implemented. That was in relation to a base building and vehicle implementation question. So, I'm assuming they think it will be in alpha for around six months then beta for a couple months before the full release. 

I know that's not exact but what they are doing isn't an exact science. It's progressing nicely if you ask me.

nah you didint get me right,

what i mean is how much testbuilds are they ahead from our current stable build right now, not when we reach the first beta or Goldmaster build.

Sorry maybe i shuold point that out better in the first post.

• Like 1

nah you didint get me right,

what i mean is how much testbuilds are they ahead from our current stable build right now, not when we reach the first beta or Goldmaster build.

Sorry maybe i shuold point that out better in the first post.

The test build is always one step ahead of the stable build. In other words one. 

• Like 1

off topic question: How can i get a unique tag on this forum?

Click your name on top right of the forum, then click my settings, then signature.

Click your name on top right of the forum, then click my settings, then signature.

i mean stuff like instead of "Survivor" or "Helicopter Hunter" something else.

I agree that it's progressing nicely, I disagree that it will take so short time to fix the game.

The servers are already laggy. And there's only 50 player limit. I'd like to see about 100.

There are very few zombies. No animals. No vehicles. No player made buildings. 

Imagine a server with 200 vehicles, 100 players, full zombies, animals, bunch of player bases... yeah, I think they are faaaaar away from implementing everything. I'm even skeptical about if they will pull it off. 

• Like 2

I agree that it's progressing nicely, I disagree that it will take so short time to fix the game.

The servers are already laggy. And there's only 50 player limit. I'd like to see about 100.

Imagine a server with 200 vehicles, 100 players, full zombies, animals, bunch of player bases... yeah, I think they are faaaaar away from implementing everything. I'm even skeptical about if they will pull it off. 

Fix the game? LOL. Leave development to the developers and try not to be scared.

I agree with you sir !

The day we see servers with 200+ vehicles and starting gear loadouts, the game will already be dead, no matter what has been programmed...I guess we might see up to 20 vehicles on the map more likely.

But the Zombie numbers do need to go up by 1000%, otherwise leave them out completely and think of a scenario without Zombies, just survival in a postapocalyptic world...

• Like 4

i mean stuff like instead of "Survivor" or "Helicopter Hunter" something else.

It's either done by a mod or when you reach a number of posts. Not sure which. 

nice....I miss the salute animation though

but wait there is more:

2Vxcx39.gif

^ i hope so at least ;)

• Like 6

but wait there is more:

2Vxcx39.gif

^ i hope so at least ;)

hmm ok ....but seroiusly do not want to watch the motion capturing of this....

• Like 1

would be nice to have a guitar playing anim like in Stalker  :)

Edited by Private Evans
  • Like 1

hmm ok ....but seroiusly do not want to watch the motion capturing of this....

well we already have an idea how it looks like when Dean becomes intimate with someone from the early mocap sessions

just want to give my humble opinion to whoever cares about it:

I LOVE IT !

It's a simple answer but i really really like how to game seems to turn out. They decrease the number of m4s and long range scopes, which is really needed and important because if you fucking want to kill somebody you should have a risk. The risk in having to sneek up on him and probably missing your first shot, it just creates more intense situations!

I love the mirco management with cleaning your weapons, purifying your drinks etc ( i know both thing are not implemented but they will be when the game is finished). It just feels really like i'm actually trying to survive which is really cool! If the Devs add in all the stuff in the future like hunting and berry picking and more zombies its gonna be great =) i'm really exited!

You need to have faith and believe in the Devs! They will make a fucking legend game and you have the possibilty to be part of it!

Just wanted to post these because i alway read and hear people complaining about the EARLY ACCES Alpha version of this game... honestly .. even if it would be like this and would never change in the future it would be great for me.

Thank you rocket for letting us have this game!

• Like 6

i would like to see a trading/offering gesture.

you would basically somehow reach out one or both of your hands to initate a "safe and secure" trading. if someone "offers" you something you would see the offered item in your vicinity, simply being able to take it. no more in need to put it down on the floor... but i guess things are more complicated as depicted right here ;)

• Like 3

In general, I love the complexity of this game... Have followed it for a long time, played the mod quite a bit, and have banked over 100 hrs into DayZ. The blood types is great, from what I've seen that is supposed to be coming with different type of illnesses would be awesome. A complex crafting system, like what we've seen with the IEDs (paint can, timer, road flare, duct tape I believe)... love it, would love to see all sorts of that type of crafting.

The more complex with health, damage, etc., etc., etc. the game is made, the more I will enjoy and play the shit out of it.

Obviously in early alpha there are a lot of things the guys are going to add in, test, then move onto the next group of things.

I personally would like to see gestures able to be done on the move, a load more zombies if server load can handle it... stay away from a ton of buildables and vehicles. A very slight amount of vehicles, and make the parts super rare and a lot of different things to fix a vehicle to a driveable state. I think the need to treasure everything you have should carry  throughout the entirety of the game, and make it tough to survive.

The Devs have potentially developed the most revolutionary game out there IMO, and I think they have big plans to uphold that from what I can see so far. Props to Bohemia, Hall, and his team.

In general, I love the complexity of this game... Have followed it for a long time, played the mod quite a bit, and have banked over 100 hrs into DayZ. The blood types is great, from what I've seen that is supposed to be coming with different type of illnesses would be awesome. A complex crafting system, like what we've seen with the IEDs (paint can, timer, road flare, duct tape I believe)... love it, would love to see all sorts of that type of crafting.

The more complex with health, damage, etc., etc., etc. the game is made, the more I will enjoy and play the shit out of it.

Obviously in early alpha there are a lot of things the guys are going to add in, test, then move onto the next group of things.

I personally would like to see gestures able to be done on the move, a load more zombies if server load can handle it... stay away from a ton of buildables and vehicles. A very slight amount of vehicles, and make the parts super rare and a lot of different things to fix a vehicle to a driveable state. I think the need to treasure everything you have should carry  throughout the entirety of the game, and make it tough to survive.

We can only dream. Right now it seems to me they are still not out of the quagmire that consists of fixing broken stuff only to break something else. A lot of this "complexity" seems to be half-baked ad-hoc implementations (and are probably not meant to be anything more than prototypes of final, working systems). My guess is it's going to take a long while still before we see something substantial. The last thing you want to do with a system that is still so brittle as this engine apparently is, is to add more complexity.

• Like 1

At this rate the game probably won't be stable for another 2 years. Stable meaning client performance, server performance and networking. 

Edited by Andromeda