rocket

Rolling Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.32.114557

Game construction process has priorities. And someone has to manage it. A stable game is better than an overstated game.

Ok I wasn't going to comment and get pulled into the vacuum that is your brain power, but I just can't help it.

ARE you just being a troll or Completely stupid???

Twingunz was pretty clear but you still seem to fail to grasp How something is made. Let's see if I can help you understand development.

For this example we are going to use Jane and Dave.

Say hello Jane and Dave

Jane "Hi Not very Smart Person"

Dave "Hey Retard"

Now guys no need to be mean, he just doesn't understand, so lets help him.

Now Jane is a Programmer, she does all the funny computer language stuff that makes the game work.

Jane "That's right I am smart but my work is harrrrrd and can take a long time to do and get right"

Dave is an Artist and Animator so he makes all the pretty things you see in the game you play.

Dave "I love art and my job is fun"

Now Jane is currently working on some problems that have shown themselves since her game went live and people could play it.

Jane "Stupid Bugs...I'll have to put in some heavy work to get this fixed"

While Dave has finished his preliminary Art Asests for the Live game and is now working on some new ones for the game

Dave "Hmmm, I think I'll work on a new gun and some fancy animations for it, wow Jane looks like she's got her work cut out for her, those bugs look big and nasty, I'd love to help her but I wouldn't know the first thing about Programming, so I better just stick to what I am good at."

3 Days later Jane is still working on those problems that are causing her and the game problems, meanwhile Dave has finished his nice new gun for the game.

Dave "Hey Jane I've finished my nice new shiny gun with awesome animations, do you want me to just hold onto them till you fixed up the bugs in the game? or can we put it in now?"

Jane "That's great Dave, we can put it in now as the architecture for the Art assets and animations are already in place and working, the bugs I am working on are a different issue and are going to take some time to fix."

Dave "Cool, well sorry I can't help you with your programming problems but I'll keep making the stuff I am supposed to so when you gets the bugs fixed, everything will be ready"

Jane "Cheers Dave"

GET IT NOW MORON???

Disclaimer

Jane and Dave are Not real but their work is so get it through your fucking thick heads, this shit takes fucking time so settle the fuck down, be helpful with your criticism or FUCK OFF you entitled twat.

Edited by Max Planck
Take a break from the forum, that kind of behaviour is not welcome here.
  • Like 11

What kind of savage would paint their Mosin Nagant??

Right? we should be able to paint the M4's, not the mosins, or at least both

How to play on it? I changed it to experimental on DayZ properties/Betas but I'm still in version 0.30 when I launch the game... and if I try to login on a 0.31 server it says bad version. Help?

How to play on it? I changed it to experimental on DayZ properties/Betas but I'm still in version 0.30 when I launch the game... and if I try to login on a 0.31 server it says bad version. Help?

The experimental servers go online monday AM, it's described in the OP.

• Like 1

Right? we should be able to paint the M4's, not the mosins, or at least both

Wait wait, you can't paint whatever you want with the spray can?

Patch-notes look great, there is one thing I don't get tho. The game is currently in an alpha-state, we who plays, are supposed to test the features you add. So what's the deal with the experimental branches?

• Like 4

THANK YOU, I AM SOOOOOOO EXCITED FOR ALL THE MORE UPCOMING AWESOME STUFF!!! i mean seriously, out of all of my game playing games...DAYZ is the best and ultimately my favorite game! I LOVE IT,....Rocket, you keep up all the indescribably awesome work!!! 

Bla bla bla...

Oh my poor fanboy, you must have worked very hard to this pink story... I am a graphic designer, and your cuddly words are meaningless. You have no idea about software programming, haven't you?

Developer guys, servers and game infrastructure must be your priorities. These flattery will not be misdirect you, We hope.

Good Luck.

Edited by Totomushen

Oh my poor fanboy, you must have worked very hard to this pink story... I am a graphic designer, and your cuddly words are meaningless. You have no idea about software programming, haven't you?

Developer guys, servers and game infrastructure must be your priorities. These flattery will not be misdirect you, We hope.

Good Luck.

Great bait troll, now go away please.

• Like 1

"

• Removed scripted server teleporting check as now managed by engine" oh thank god for that, you guys are great, Thank you  :)

I love every single one of you. Beautiful work, I love to login just to see the massive amounts of work put into this soon to be masterpiece of a game.

Edited by FaceFlip

Amazing! thnx so much devs can't wait to try it out.. this game has so much potential and i trust you will get the most out off it! keep up the great work  :D

You're not supposed to. You've died - supporting that kind of metagaming negates the impact of permadeath. If you manage to get your gear, consider yourself VERY lucky.

If I may make a suggestion, would it be possible to have the body of a dead player stick around BUT be invisible and/or unlootable by the player it came from? That would eliminate meta-gaming aspect while allowing people to loot dead bodies they find along the way (not to mention a dead body is an indicator that other hostiles are around the area you're exploring, removing that would remove an essential part of the PVP experience)

• Like 3

That's nice and all, but how about you fix the fucking game breaking attributes before you start adding more stuff in.  Like the No Clipping Zombies for example? The fact that the "Respawn" button doesn't work? Or falling through a metal railing and dying, or the sound bugs? Or the fact that you can't hear shots from like 1000 yards away ? Or death animation which looks stupid as hell for someone being shot ? Or the server lag?  I'm sure there's a shit load more issues that need to be addressed also other than the ones I've listed. 

I dont like Chris Roberts, but... Look what he created with our money. Bought bigger buildings with big conference rooms, bought more than 50 programers and is informating us every few days with videos and posts.

What is Dean Hall doing with our money? Hanging around with 5 programers, going to holidays, no news.

Dean Hall is just the fassade, the projektmanager, the presentation guy.

His job is to be the face of the game. He is giving interview and so on...

The real work doing the programmer and i bet they know enough stuff to do for month.

•  

Like Rocket said, it's a "temporary solution pending further performance fixes".

Where exactly does he say that? I see nothing in the post nor any subsequent posts from him?

Maybe to see if that is stable so in case it wont the rest can play just with out any problems? :P

Patch-notes look great, there is one thing I don't get tho. The game is currently in an alpha-state, we who plays, are supposed to test the features you add. So what's the deal with the experimental branches?