rocket

Rolling Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.32.114557

Love most of these items. I could see the body cleanup being justified if the body turned into a zombie after that time.

Biggest issues I see at the current moment that I think could be addressed in the near future are as follows:

• Desync issues with clients and servers
    (rubber banding,teleporting,clipping into objects)
  • Bullets hitting invisible walls 
    (This happens with plants and around inclines mostly but its incredible painful to see bullets hit invisible walls and then result in you getting killed.)
  • Player character total wipes to be resolved
    (it hurts losing a character I put 6 hours into and knowing I lost it not even with a real death)
  • Add a timer  to logging out to make people happy.
    (add animation or unique sound to a person logging out)
  • Fix Zombies being able to ignore solid objects
    (we all have had one of the rotten bastards ignore a wall and cause us to bleed)
  • Fix sounds for the Rabbit
    (soda pop noise,zombie yell,ammo shuffling. These rabbits are more frightening than the zombies lol)
  • Fix lighting issues for night time
    (flashlights shining through walls and how there is no color at night and just how dark night is even after your eyes adjust)

I find these to be big issues for the most part and I don't see them being fix easily but I know I share frustration with friends when running into these bugs. Bugs are to be expected and I love to see an update like this hope everything continues smoothly.
Edited by Canned Muffins
  • Like 5

This update isn't good enough. You didn't add bacon. I mean, what kind of developers do you think you are not including bacon. 

I mean, seriously. What's beans without bacon? 

I also want to be able to tap the maple trees for syrup so I can make molasses. 

I take my cooking very seriously and you haven't met my standards for emergent game-play. 

just kidding... Thanks for the update. Sounds sick. 

Edited by Zagdul
  • Like 6

On a serious note. These changes sound great and it looks like you have been spending a lot of time with your head down. 

It'd be cool to have an inside view of all the effort you guys are putting into this project. I can only imagine how crazy the past couple months have been for you all. 

Edited by Zagdul
  • Like 1

Wanted to go for release to experimental today (and we nearly did) but Brian correctly identified there were some significant database changes needed to be released with it, and we didn't want to do that late on a Friday. So Monday it is. Nobody supposed to be working this weekend, under strict orders to take a break!

YES weekend off is very important to all human, go kill some zombie while your at it

Has there been any fixes added that will stop the Rubber banding and High desynch when in proximity to another player?

I was hoping that you maybe just forgot to add them to the list of fixes.

mmmmm paint and shotguns and saws and and... awwwsummm! more = more.

can't wait to paint the crap out of my mosin. it's gonna be ugly as hell <3 i would also like to chop zombies with a pink axe someday.

can i paint anything else in the game at this point yet? like, handcuff a guy and then paint he's lips with a shade of seduction-red and then maybe slide my hand under that yellow raincoat and... wait uhh sry you were still reading. nevermind.

Are the toxic/poisonous berries in this patch? 

mmmm daphne berries

Nice one but i dont see any fix for the proximity desync, it feels like cheating everytime someone is around you get orange chain, please fix it asap.

• Saline transfusion doesn't refill full blood

Finally! The Saline bags were making the Blood-bags/blood-type useless! Now make them very rare, so it makes for a good trading item!

I dibs Svetloyarsk.

Anyone who wishes to visit please leave an offering on the docks.

Take all my beans! :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans:

Rocket, honey! I know you are working all the time, but If I didn't bitch about something it wouldn't be me. What about mouse acceleration?  :blush:

• Added hacksaw into the loot spawns

• Added Hacksaw into loot spawns

nice! was trying out the experimental servers before and they hadent come further then the other. and by the way u typed Added Hacksaw into loot spawns twice ;)

When will optimize the game? Client Performance.

Late Beta. You got a long wait.

This could have been found out with a quick search of the forums. You don't optimize mid way through adding new stuff, you do it just before you finish.

• Like 1

• Added hacksaw into the loot spawns

• Added Hacksaw into loot spawns

nice! was trying out the experimental servers before and they hadent come further then the other. and by the way u typed Added Hacksaw into loot spawns twice ;)

• Like 1

Incredible patch :) Next time you could add more military clothes. For example Czech vz.95 looks awesome, I loved Czech backpack in the mod. THX :)

i dont care how long it takes, but i wish u could simply answer my question with one word..

so, can we expect some client performance in !the future!, especially in towns?

we know in generally that this is an arma problem, but it would be nice 2 hear if devs are even able to increase the fps for the client, 

This all looks very promising and you have my beanz but 

• Dead character cleanup performed at 10 minutes past death

That's bit meh - I understand that you don't want players looting their own corpses AND that this means less things for the server to load but finding a bunch of corpses was one of the majorly fun thing about DayZ overall, at least give them an hour or 2 before de-spawning. How difficult is it to add a "Can't loot your own corpse" thing?.

For example, In some of the more tense and drawn out fire-fights I may kill one person of an enemy squad but are not able to safely loot until we have killed the rest, this can *easily* take longer than 10 minutes. Please give us more time :)

• Like 3