rocket

Rolling Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.32.114557

Looking forward to this patch, and many more to come.

Actually, the run from Electro/Cherno all the way to NWAF only takes about 12 minutes if you SPRINT, weapons holstered...

Sure, you won't be slowing down to scout your surroundings or nothing, just a straightup reckless run, but still!

People tend to think this map is sooooooo gigantic.

Matter of fact, its smaller than some of BF's large maps...

Would sure be awesome if SA also featured a 4x larger map etc, but I'm not too picky about that. It's fine as is for now.

I seriously doubt that seeing as it takes about 10 minutes to go from Kamayshov to Elektro at full "Fists up" sprint along the coastal road.

Srsly could you just make this game playable? And i'm not stating the bugs and glitches. But what i mean is to make it easier... As it was before i had a REALLY hard time to find weapons. And now you lower the spawns even more? like wtf.. Instead of making the game harder and harder so its completely unplayable. Make so servers can change the spawnrates and such. I want higher spawnrates of items. I want to be able to find them better. Highlight them as WarZ does. Actually do everything WarZ does. But don't do the shit that makes the game shit. Because i really love the part of zombie survival game. But  i want to play cacual and not having to fucking be on my edge and waste so much time finding stuff. I want to jump in. Spawn. Go to a fire station and find a m4 or just a handgun with ammo. And then i'm good to go. Not waste 1-2 hours running from waay up from electro to balota to find nothing than cans of food and rotten oranges..

First time i travel to DayZ from WarZ , i had the same opinion . after playing a while , i just can say that this game is not WarZ . the thing that make this game more enjoyable is the difficulty of it , it's taking time to loot every place and almost every home and every spot of it then struggling with surviving. this game suppose to be a simulation and realistic and difficulty is one of the things we will have in real zombie apocalypse ( Did you ever watch Walking Dead !?, this game is season 1 and 2 of the TV show not season 3 :D ) 

For this period of time , i just want the bugs gone ( specially that one it let zombie run to you through walls ) and ask for more difficulty in feature for sure 

If you stay off the coast you'll have no problems in 40/40 servers.

*shrug* I just don't see the fun in that?

But it is. I like everything about the game. Apart from the time wasting and difficulty of it. 

It's meant to be difficult. You like everything about it except the main purpose - to make it difficult to survive.

So you don't find it fun not finding loot but finding loot wouldn't be fun either?

Maybe+if+I+keep+watching+_7af6b68a2f3e50

Communication break-down.  Apparently you two don't get what I'm saying... Let me try one more time:

I stick around the south map because when I see someone with a backpack, they take a bullet.  Backpacks generally = food.  So, why would I want to spend my time running North to get food just to turn right back around and head South to get kills?

The "fun" I spoke of was ruining peoples days when I kill them and take their supplies.

Srsly could you just make this game playable? And i'm not stating the bugs and glitches. But what i mean is to make it easier... As it was before i had a REALLY hard time to find weapons. And now you lower the spawns even more? like wtf.. Instead of making the game harder and harder so its completely unplayable. Make so servers can change the spawnrates and such. I want higher spawnrates of items. I want to be able to find them better. Highlight them as WarZ does. Actually do everything WarZ does. But don't do the shit that makes the game shit. Because i really love the part of zombie survival game. But  i want to play cacual and not having to fucking be on my edge and waste so much time finding stuff. I want to jump in. Spawn. Go to a fire station and find a m4 or just a handgun with ammo. And then i'm good to go. Not waste 1-2 hours running from waay up from electro to balota to find nothing than cans of food and rotten oranges..

I think he is right in the point of low spawnrates.But the reason is that there is no item respawn in the 4 hours the server is running, which cant be fixed until they have a multicore serverversion.

Civilian weapons like a pistol or a shotgun should i my opinion be common in usual buildings. 

And i would remove from the military grounds the biggest civilian backpacks. There need to be a balance between high military, civilain and industrial buildings.

In each high building  of these types should be something really usefull that you can find only there.

I would make the fire stations the only place where you can find a firefighter axe and the yellow boxes.

Civilian weapons like a pistol or a shotgun should i my opinion be common in usual buildings.

This is not USA.

• Like 2

This is not USA.

You're right. AK-47 it is then.

EDIT: Gramm're

Edited by DrGonzo
  • Like 2

Actually do everything WarZ does. But don't do the shit that makes the game shit.

oh you mean make it DayZ mod? Why? They're trying to make it better. :)

This is not USA.

Exactly, this is Chernarus, the schools are filled with guns! Kids need to learn how to defend themselves. :p
  • Like 1

Communication break-down.  Apparently you two don't get what I'm saying... Let me try one more time:

I stick around the south map because when I see someone with a backpack, they take a bullet.  Backpacks generally = food.  So, why would I want to spend my time running North to get food just to turn right back around and head South to get kills?

The "fun" I spoke of was ruining peoples days when I kill them and take their supplies.

Sorry I was under the assumption that you had some sort of issue surviving or finding loot. 

"Of course food and drink are easy to find on 2/40 servers.  Join a real server and you might not be so pompous."

I am just having a hard time understanding if on these "real servers" you have a hard time finding food and drink. 

This is a survival simulator first and foremost, if you cannot derive any type of entertainment by doing the best thing to survive then maybe you would have more fun in a game like Arma3? 

Edited by dromag67

why do you guys discuss that here? im waiting for vital information =)

please go make another "THIZ GAME IZ SHIT"-Thread so i dont have to read your mindless diarrhea under the camouflage coat of an important thread.

Edited by Sloddor
  • Like 7

I think he is right in the point of low spawnrates.But the reason is that there is no item respawn in the 4 hours the server is running, which cant be fixed until they have a multicore serverversion.

Thats why i love Bean Kings' animation. Spawn situation will dramatically change if loot respawns, and there is plenty of experience on Deans side from the Mod.

*shrug* I just don't see the fun in that?

DayZ is a survival sim, not BattlefieldZ.

• Like 1

why do you guys discuss that here? im waiting for vital information =)

please go make another "THIZ GAME IZ SHIT"-Thread so i dont have to read your mindless diarrhea under the camouflage coat of an important thread.

This!

Thanks.

• Like 1

Sorry I was under the assumption that you had some sort of issue surviving or finding loot. 

"Of course food and drink are easy to find on 2/40 servers.  Join a real server and you might not be so pompous."

I am just having a hard time understanding if on these "real servers" you have a hard time finding food and drink. 

This is a survival simulator first and foremost, if you cannot derive any type of entertainment by doing the best thing to survive then maybe you would have more fun in a game like Arma3? 

Why are you wanting to bicker on about this?  You misunderstood what I was saying.  I enjoy DayZ and how difficult it "can" be on "any server" as a "fresh spawn" or a "two to four day survivor" to obtain "food" or "drink" or "any item" for "that matter."

Let it go homie.  You'll be iight.

Your right. AK-47 it is then.

During the civil war in Bosnia I've worked with a guy from Tusla . His parents were both university professors and he worked for a local TV station there. He really HAD an Ak under his bed in their holioday lodge  ( since the time befor the war) and  told me that this would be absolutely common...

DayZ is a survival sim, not BattlefieldZ.

Holy flip... you guys are unbelievable!

I LIKE DAYZ AND THE CHALLENGE IT PRESENTS!  FFS!!!

I seriously doubt that seeing as it takes about 10 minutes to go from Kamayshov to Elektro at full "Fists up" sprint along the coastal road.

You doing it wrong bro'...

it takes just 3-4 minutes, maybe you got bored and you think it takes about 10 minutes?

Only read the last few posts but wanting to add I’m coming back to gaming after five or six years of not playing a single game because of DayZ and the new Elite game I backed having played the original.

To me Dayz is refreshing, its hard and unforgiving and I love that. Every fire fight is different and every journey is an adventure. I actually felt sad for the younger gamers that have had to put up with these kill as many as you can in a minute by running down the same corridor before finally getting killed kind of games. Tiny wee pathetic maps that are not natural but engineered to produce a easy meat grinder. Developers seemed to think they needed to please everyone all the time. Sod it time for change and Dayz can be the start.

Maps can be designed for interest but when they are this open then it’s the players that decide how they play. Played the original BF 1942, Bf2 PR Mod and trying BF4 on a wee ones PC over Christmas I was shocked how crap the game had become. Tiny maps you cant even flank in, everything is in front of you and its like fighting along a corridor with everyone pushed. Give me a satisfying kill that has taken time using tactics and a bit of luck over these die every five minutes and spawn 200 yards always from a fire fight crap. I remember Epic rounds in 1942 when the map felt huge and you hated getting killed as it took so long to get back into the fight. BF4 you shrug off being killed as it means nothing as your back mere yards to do it all again and how repetitive is that. I was so disappointed looking at BF4 and seeing mountains  you cant get to.

At least in DayZ if you can see it you can get to it and I love that. So many playing styles can be accommodated. Make it a high learning curve and as realistic weapon wise as possible. Even in BF2 before going over to hardcore PR mod you could unload an entire machine gun clip into a player only for them to run off or worse turn and kill you all because the developers wanted you not to die to easy so artificially bullets and guns were nerfed.  I hope dean realises his dream and creates a world that players can appreciate the skill needed to play well and never nerf the weapons.

Edited by sav112
  • Like 6

Hi.

I read that the test servers are all in Germany, Is this true? If so, does anyone in Canada/US know if they run OK over here?

I'm kind of anxious to try out some of the new features when it goes live, but if its just going to be a laggy mess it seems kind of pointless. My locale is southern Ontario, Canada.

Regards.