rocket

Rolling Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.32.114557

I expect to win the lottery doesn't mean it will happen.

yeap..let's just wait.

I don't server hop. And don't always go to big cities. In fact quite the opposite. Even little towns have food and are less likely to have been already looted. And open doors don't always mean the place has been looted, and even if it has, people often miss food and various other loot.

Yup. I only go to big cities to kill or help people. 

I NEVER gear up in big cities. 

I don't server hop. And don't always go to big cities. In fact quite the opposite. Even little towns have food and are less likely to have been already looted. And open doors don't always mean the place has been looted, and even if it has, people often miss food and various other loot.

I don't server hop also. For sure it don't mean that a opened door means they are looted. But in case they city is already looted (i'll have to try to change the server) (of course only in the beginning). If you already got stuff it's like with money in reallife (If you got money = you always get more) (If you dont got anything = you dont get anything) xD same for food/drinking in dayZ

I tend to time my breaks for servers restarting. So perhaps I've been playing for two or three hours and want to take a break, I generally head to an airfield, take said break and then join a new server, loot and I'm off elsewhere. I still call it server hoping but I feel less guilty about it. Always leaving food, drink and most other supplies, only taking ammo unless it's super rare.

For the past two or so weeks I've gone no lower than North West Airfield, just running back and forth along the back. Some very good loot especially in the row of garages. I know for sure this next week until the patch drops I'll be leaving my character just outside of Guba where I assume the new town is. Until tents and places to hide gear come into the game, I don't dare to go down to the cities. Too many people come down from the north with Mosins and camp the bloody hell out of them. 

Matt Lightfoot, on 21 Jan 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:snapback.png

The bug we found late last night was that corpses are unable to be looted we are in the process of fixing it as we speak no eta yet sorry

I assume this will be fixed fast.

Only one think left for them to do is to add some cars, or bikes or something. Of course the crafting of these transports would be awesome and finding more parts like car battery, Exhaust's , gas tanks, car tires and so on But that could wait. I would be fun to make a rat style hatchback with no doors :D BWT awesome patch

Edited by Kaspa

You ppl are complaing about Dayz alpha is bad, but I think it's a really good alpha, most alphas have lots of crashes, and errors, and my game never crashed, I don't know you guys, but BF4 that had a lot of money in it, and it's released, have more crashes and network problems than Dayz, that's in alpha stage.

Absolutely, 100% true.  The game looks amazing - the first time I saw the light shafts from the sun shining through the trees, I stood for a good few minutes in awe of the engine. And besides some interaction bugs, a severe lack of zombies and little variation of loot (all of which will be added and tweaked throughout these Alpha stages), it's a solid, fun game.

Where else can you experience the pure adrenaline rush of beating someone to death with a fire extinguisher after they miss you with their Mosin? At least without jail time...

Edited by abboDave

Starving really? I don't think berries will help you mate. If you're starving you clearly are having trouble playing the game. Food and drink are extremely easy to find.

I guess I have to explain how this happened. At the moment the servers I am playing on there is no such thing as "Don't shoot I am friendly.". Its a kill on sight kind of place. Once I figured that out, the only way to survive was to book it north as soon as you spawn. Then buy the time you make it to a place where no one is trying to kill you hunger kicks and then death.

With my latest character I have managed under the cover of night to make it to the Airfield and finally have enough to defend myself.

I really want to play on EU or USA servers but the ping makes those servers unplayable, so I am forced to play on local servers.

So for now, BERRIES!! for the win!! ^_^

I really want to play on EU or USA servers but the ping makes those servers unplayable, so I am forced to play on local servers.

Are you from Mars?

• Like 1

Are you from Mars?

Location says South Africa.. maybe pinging to EU or US servers isn't the fastest from where he is sitting -__-

I can not find the update I already opt'd in but it still says the stable patch 0.30.114008

Edited by Fuz

I can not find the update I already opt'd in but it still says the stable patch 10448

Update was suspended untill they fix it.

• Like 1

The bug we found late last night was that corpses are unable to be looted we are in the process of fixing it as we speak no eta yet sorry

Well that is the point of experimental. To catch the big bugs :)  It did 'exactly what it says on the tin'.

• Like 1

Update was suspended untill they fix it.

Thank you for this information I was racking my brain to figure out what was wrong.

Are you from Mars?

Sadly the past few weeks we have been having problems with the Seacom line. So our global connection is a bit unstable at the moment.  

• Like 1

I guess I have to explain how this happened. At the moment the servers I am playing on there is no such thing as "Don't shoot I am friendly.". Its a kill on sight kind of place. Once I figured that out, the only way to survive was to book it north as soon as you spawn. Then buy the time you make it to a place where no one is trying to kill you hunger kicks and then death.

With my latest character I have managed under the cover of night to make it to the Airfield and finally have enough to defend myself.

So for now, BERRIES!! for the win!! ^_^

I expect to die soon from starvation I have started a little private game with some m8s we can only eat food from other players we cannot loot or drink anything not given or taken from another player :)

O except an axe

Edited by BL1P
  • Like 1

Just watching streams as I’ve got a 2004 PC. New rig later this year.

Anyway I’d be interested why the Mosin guns seem to fire so random due to being damaged. Is it not wrong to assume most fire arms while not pristine are in good working order? It seems total guess work shooting just now and not rewarding covering your friends. If you are in a fire fight and get badly shot and killed then yes I can see a weapon could be hit and damaged but when first looted not on a player I just cant understand why they would be so badly damaged most of the time.

I’d just love the guns to be spot on. I stopped playing a game years ago (Football manager) because it brought in a fancy new system dealing with player injuries. Yes the system worked well but had one flaw the developers were so impressed with it they deemed necessary not to go realistic but impose unrealistic numbers of players getting broken legs and bad injuries and it got to the stage every week just because you had hard training on you the game felt you needed taught a lesson and killed a players.

Just because you have a nice damage system does not mean you have to go over board damaging everything so players appreciate it, less is more kind of thing.

seeing as how all Mosin's are surplus, yes, it is very likely to purchase one that hasn't been maintained and has been shot through 1,000's of times. The first thing to go on Mosin's (Circular receiver) are the barrels. Pitting on the inside of the barrel, as well as the bore of the barrel are the first to go on these rifles after many years of use, which causes (as you can guess) extreme losses in accuracy and bullet velocity so...,

Yes. Mosin's will not always shoot perfectly straight. Guns are not just some magical pew pew machines that never stop working, you have to maintain them properly.

I expect to die soon from starvation I have started a little private game with some m8s we can only eat food from other players we cannot loot or drink anything not given or taken from another player :)

O except an axe

That's an interesting way to do it. Can you take by force or are you hoping on the goodness of other players?

mine shoots great, previous owner (proabably a russian) sighted the weapon without the bayonet. my friend's was not as accurate without it. 1943 Izzy

seeing as how all Mosin's are surplus, yes, it is very likely to purchase one that hasn't been maintained and has been shot through 1,000's of times. The first thing to go on Mosin's (Circular receiver) are the barrels. Pitting on the inside of the barrel, as well as the bore of the barrel are the first to go on these rifles after many years of use, which causes (as you can guess) extreme losses in accuracy and bullet velocity so...,

Yes. Mosin's will not always shoot perfectly straight. Guns are not just some magical pew pew machines that never stop working, you have to maintain them properly.

Srsly could you just make this game playable? And i'm not stating the bugs and glitches. But what i mean is to make it easier... As it was before i had a REALLY hard time to find weapons. And now you lower the spawns even more? like wtf.. Instead of making the game harder and harder so its completely unplayable. Make so servers can change the spawnrates and such. I want higher spawnrates of items. I want to be able to find them better. Highlight them as WarZ does. Actually do everything WarZ does. But don't do the shit that makes the game shit. Because i really love the part of zombie survival game. But  i want to play cacual and not having to fucking be on my edge and waste so much time finding stuff. I want to jump in. Spawn. Go to a fire station and find a m4 or just a handgun with ammo. And then i'm good to go. Not waste 1-2 hours running from waay up from electro to balota to find nothing than cans of food and rotten oranges..