rocket

Rolling Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.32.114557

Dutch people are not allowed to play the game

Why

Guys lets just calm down and wait until 8pm and then start bullshiting about stuff we dont know about

Steam hates dutch people

Okey

• Like 2

I'm talking about the project from start to now - not just the last month. And frankly, I'm not too impressed by these patches either. Much of it seems like leftovers thrown to the dogs.

Project start? 

A game like Half-Life 2 was on a 5-year development cycle. 

They completely rewrote the code that interfaces the client, network, and server in a company a tenth of the size of Valve in only a year. 

What you play now is the FIRST semi-stable playable version of the core of the game, you are stress testing this architecture so that you can force bugs that a small development team would miss within it. Once they get it stable and optimize it they can roll out features that are probably already 90% complete. After the extremely successful launch in terms of sales they can now fund the future development of the game for several more years and expedite the roadmap. You wont see the results for another 6 months TBH and if you expect anything else you should just go back to playing something else in the mean time.  

• Like 3

Guys lets just calm down and wait until 8pm and then start bullshiting about stuff we dont know about

Then we will move on to complaining you can't get on the experimental servers as they are all full.

• Like 4

Then we will move on to complaining you can't get on the experimental servers as they are all full.

Thats the plan :)

• Like 2

Dont you know it's vorbidden in Netherlands?

really

I have a question, will you also be doing minecraft style updates in the future eg: an update specifically based on an element of the game for example guns or vehicles or map additions or will you be adding content randomly as it becomes available.

Edited by spartan54820

I have a question, will you also be doing minecraft style updates in the future eg: an update specifically based on an element of the game for example guns or vehicles or map additions or will you be adding content randomly as it becomes available.

I dont think they know it yet

Dont you know it's vorbidden in Netherlands?

It is vorbidden to use letter 'f' in Netherlands. You should never use it iv you want to keep your vreedom.

What the developers say:

“DayZ Early Access is your chance to experience DayZ as it evolves throughout its development process. Be aware that our Early Access offer is a representation of our core pillars, and the framework we have created around them. It is a work in progress and therefore contains a variety of bugs. We strongly advise you not to buy and play the game at this stage unless you clearly understand what Early Access means and are interested in participating in the ongoing development cycle.”

Straight from the steam store page you bought it from, the developers have stated many times that this will be a YEAR-LONG development cycle for the ALPHA. Meaning things will move slowly and methodically so that they are done RIGHT and not just quickly.

I see no warnings to not buy the game because of lacking content. 

Project start? 

A game like Half-Life 2 was on a 5-year development cycle. 

They completely rewrote the code that interfaces the client, network, and server in a company a tenth of the size of Valve in only a year. 

What you play now is the FIRST semi-stable playable version of the core of the game, you are stress testing this architecture so that you can force bugs that a small development team would miss within it. Once they get it stable and optimize it they can roll out features that are probably already 90% complete. After the extremely successful launch in terms of sales they can now fund the future development of the game for several more years and expedite the roadmap. You wont see the results for another 6 months TBH and if you expect anything else you should just go back to playing something else in the mean time.  

I'm sure there are reasons for the lack of progess - that does not invalidate the point. 

The money has been there for at least a year already.

I dont think they know it yet

Well hopefully they would of planned ahead with a list of whist content they want to pump out or what priority the bugs were in, how they wanted to go into beta and full release and so on so it's a possibility they would of thought about it.

EDIT- herrnelson, it's alpha what the fuck do you expect there to be in the way of content,they released it so you could find bugs and experience the development cycle not for it to have a major amount of content. Use common sense when I say this word and think about what it means al-pha.

Edited by spartan54820

Well , i just had another download in Steam with 108 MB Size.

First one were 123,8 MB i think.

Edited by Ozar

I see no warnings to not buy the game because of lacking content. 

I'm sure there are reasons for the lack of progess - that does not invalidate the point. 

The money has been there for at least a year already.

"representation of core pillars and framework" 

Check your dictionary so you can learn about what those mean. 

The money has NOT been there for at least a year. They have not made a dime off of DayZ until it released. Any money they made from Arma2 went towards the active development of Arma3. 

Once again DayZ will be in Alpha all of 2014, the creator said so before it was released and he has continued to say so over the last month. 

Expecting lightning progress is foolish. 

Here you go buddy: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/155089-is-it-worth-buying-dayz-standalone-yet-rocket-response/?p=1554128

Edited by dromag67

Well , i just had another download in Steam with 108 MB Size.

First one were 123,8 MB i think.

It's not an update but a downdate

It's not an update but a downdate

are you sure ? how do you know ? i cant find any details to this download.

[EDIT]: ok you are right, i am back on 4008

Edited by Ozar

Actually, I can't remember content being part of the warnings at all. It was mostly about functionality and bugs. Which is a bit odd, because the game functions reasonably well for an alpha. It's the lack of content and progress that is disturbing.

You're asking a small team of developers, who have built a game from the ground up non-stop for the past year, who have traveled all over Europe trying to remake the map, doing MoCap, interviews, and a lot of other events to make more progress when the game has only been out for 2 months? I am actually quite happy with their current progress. In all honesty, I feel Dean really needs a huge break. I mean, he was away from his home for a good 80% of the game's development. I hate it how people got mad at the guy just for taking a break during Christmas. People need to learn he's not a computer that can run for as long as people want him to. He's a human being. Give the guy a rest and be glad he didn't abandon the damn game half way through.

• Like 8

So the point now is that developers are hard to find?

If they can't find, staff and train a group of new coders in a year, then I'd say they have a project management problem.

You really have not got the slightest clue what you are talking about, you sound reminiscent of someone with no depth of understanding of a field yet seem to think you have a fine grasp of the intricacies. Sincerely just stop playing for a few months, come back when more content is available.

Edited by Underdog

Hmmz steam says i recieved a 108mb update and the game is reverted to 0.30.114008........

Hmmz steam says i recieved a 108mb update and the game is reverted to 0.30.114008........

This seems to have happened as currently planned, just have some patience, it will surely work soon.

Maybe they have to delay it a few days...

If that would be true pls dont spam Forums. Its not even an official patch.

I am so sick and tired of seeing you ppl complain. Damn. You all know what was the deal when you purchased the alpha...

....well in case you don't remember or you don't know what to do... let me help you... sure there is a lot of bug... but do you do your best to report it?

The Dayz developers team put in place a special forum to help them fix bugs the address is http://feedback.dayzgame.com

When I read this thread about the update its because I want to know when it will be out... I don't want to see your personal opinion... you got it? So unless it's related to the update... move on you moron.

I have to read a ton of your BS until I can find what I am looking for. 

• Like 1