1S1K-Airborne

We NEED some way to identify heros and bandits.

For realism's sake, no. In a real life scenario you wouldn't be able to tell how someone behaves just by their appearence. I think once this game becomes a finished product, there will be "commonly known" outfits for both Heroes & Bandits.

Edited by blunce
  • Like 1

love it

In real life you also don't respawn or can do infinite run. Don't do real life argument in video game. Video game has gameplay.

And for gameplay there is a need for a way to distinguish bandits.

Well, if it was on me - I would make it so once you die, your cd-key will become disabled and you are out.

And no, there is no need for a way to distinguish bandits. Because the mechanics of the game are aimed to be realistic and that takes it away.

Well, if it was on me - I would make it so once you die, your cd-key will become disabled and you are out.

I want a game like this! Make it only be a couple bucks or something would be awesome.

I want a game like this! Make it only be a couple bucks or something would be awesome.

Better make it 60 bucks. People would care a lot more about their lives. Obviously it would become really expensive to get good at that game.

Got the Hero skin on the mod by killing on sight, just happened to only shoot bandits, the system is flawed anyway. KoS aside, the big appeal for player interaction (at least for me) is that you don't know what's going to happen when you talk to someone, if you could look at them and instantly know what they were gonna do if you approached then that'd take 90% of the fun away, and infact encourage me to just shoot everyone i see. If you want to help people it should be because you like helping people. yes being nice IS harder than just shooting everyone, but that's what makes it feel good, surely? if being nice were just as easy as being bad, then a lot of people wouldn't be doing it out of good will, but out of picking 'Option B.' In a sense, anyway.

Also i don't like the idea of a humanity system, it feels like a stat-grab, we have enough stat grab games out there, if i wanted to play to watch some numbers go up or down i'd go and play WoW.

please end this thread

also

this idea is stupid

"heroes vs bandits"

go make that game and leave dayz alone

• Like 1

Everyone complains about necroing this and posts instead of just ignoring it and letting it die.....-_-

NO!  That would be lame!  The point of approaching people and talking to them is to find out whether they're good or bad.  If you knew from a distance, that would take all of the fun out of player interaction.  Some people play KOS -- I don't.  I like bullshitting with other players, and telling them "Yo man, I see you have a gun, don't shoot me and I won't shoot you."  And there has been plenty of times that I've seen a bandit (and they didn't see me) and I would sneak up on them and say "Hey man, don't shoot.  I'm not going to kill you -- I had a chance to -- but I didn't.  So be cool!"  The few times I did do that, I either got a conversation going, or I just got a "alright" from them.  It's rare that I've talked to a stranger on there and they DID shoot me.

Strange, every full hardcore ive been in everyone has killed me, on sight, no talk, all trigger, even though im always friendly, rarely armed or even have a back pack. And im not alone, this game has lost alot of players in the past few month down to this. 40k were playing dayz consistantly not so long ago, now its peaking at about 23 - 27k. As far as i recall that is, not saying they all left to this reason, but, if you want a none stop kill fest, may as well boot somthing up you start on an even playing field with, like, all the rest of the shooters out there. Solutions are needed, i think the OP is spot on.  

We should all vote democratically!

If you think this is a valid option for this game you don't know the playerbase.

Your method we would all spawn with .50 cal thermal snipers and a deployable helicopter and there would be no zombies or ability to kill other players in the game.

In response to original OP: No way. 

As others have stated, how can the computer differentiate a between a bandit and a honest player defending himself? I've had to kill several jackholes lately with an M4 because I was nice to them, said hello, let them go on their way, only to have them double back on me and try to axe me to death. If your proposal was implemented I'd be branded a bandit right now. Besides it's a hell of a lot more tense and exciting NOT KNOWING whether that guy or gal you just met can be trusted.

• Like 1

Bahaha my thoughts exactly. 

Isn't it the exact opposite in real life? You usually can't tell if someone is nice, a rapist, a murderer, ect just by looking at them.. 

Maybe I just need to get my eyes checked so I can see peoples names and their current mindset just by looking at them. 

Aight so I guess you wouldn't recognise any "known" mass murders if you saw them in street or barrack Obama / David Cameron if you saw them in the near distance.........

At the end of the day, some of you people are just trying to remain 100% anonymous in order to grief because you know damn well if the system I mentioned was implemented proper hero's and anti bandits would keep hunting you criminals down.

Lets go back to the previous example. You would definitely be able to recognise our hero Arnie Swartzenegger or Barrack Obama out and about because they have High Reputation / profiles as is the case with maJor criminals, they too get different high profile reputation for the terrible acts they commit. They end up all over the news and are thus recognisable to the general public and forced to go on the run if not already caught.

This survival game should have these kind of mechanics if you will, using the humanity/ reputation system currently in game (which needs reworking as per my suggestion).

As others have said, I'm not saying we should be able to tell who you are at 2000m unless scoping or using binoculars ^^ but it should be absolutely possible up to a certain range.

Edit Lets go through it again.

If for example a player has 5000+ Humanity (I prefer calling it reputation) this player would be declared as a hero and the name would be highlighted in Blue text if you see them at:

2m

20m

200m (with belt tools)

2000m (with belt tools)

On the flip side a player who relentlessly kills will easily fall into the Bandit negative Reputation at -5000. A Hero ranked player would see this character at the ranges above and there name highlighted in Red and vise vera with hero spotted in blue.

Anyone between -5000 and +5000 Humanity would be viewed by the system as a neutral player and would remain unrecognisable via the above (as players currently are when they "don't show name").

This will give hero and bandit more meaning in the game and not just hero trader perks. But to make sure people cannot abuse the humanity system to kill enough zombies to stay out the Bandit ranks. If someone is persistently murdering non bandit players they should face a persisting and increasing penalty to the amount of Humanity they earn back from killing zombie / other bandits. Hero's should also get a huge humanity bonus for killing Bandits and a massive drop in humanity if killing a neutral as defined above.

The only thing i'm struggling with is a bonus system for Bandits. Maybe it could be access to totally unique vehicles/ clothing.

It's only a suggestion though.

Edited by cgz_uk

Strange, every full hardcore ive been in everyone has killed me, on sight, no talk, all trigger, even though im always friendly, rarely armed or even have a back pack. And im not alone, this game has lost alot of players in the past few month down to this. 40k were playing dayz consistantly not so long ago, now its peaking at about 23 - 27k. As far as i recall that is, not saying they all left to this reason, but, if you want a none stop kill fest, may as well boot somthing up you start on an even playing field with, like, all the rest of the shooters out there. Solutions are needed, i think the OP is spot on.  

To be honest it the same on Dayz Epoch too. Everyone talks in side channel and you can make friends to team up but the minute you travel the map it becomes a KoS fest. That's because there is no real penalty for murder and no system to make "policing" fun or viable in game.

As you say, you meet a stranger in a town/city/ middle of nowhere and they don't talk or respond in voice chat. A lot also say "Friendly" then still kill you. It's fcked up and a better reward/ punishment system is needed.

• Like 1

Aight so I guess you wouldn't recognise any "known" mass murders if you saw them in street or barrack Obama / David Cameron if you saw them in the near distance.........

At the end of the day, some of you people are just trying to remain 100% anonymous in order to grief because you know damn well if the system I mentioned was implemented proper hero's and anti bandits would keep hunting you criminals down.

Lets go back to the previous example. You would definitely be able to recognise our hero Arnie Swartzenegger or Barrack Obama out and about because they have High Reputation / profiles as is the case with maJor criminals, they too get different high profile reputation for the terrible acts they commit. They end up all over the news and are thus recognisable to the general public and forced to go on the run if not already caught.

This survival game should have these kind of mechanics if you will, using the humanity/ reputation system currently in game (which needs reworking as per my suggestion).

As others have said, I'm not saying we should be able to tell who you are at 2000m unless scoping or using binoculars ^^ but it should be absolutely possible up to a certain range.

If for example a player has 5000+ Humanity (I prefer calling it reputation) this player would be declared as a hero and the name would be highlighted in Blue text if you see them at:

2m

20m

200m (with belt tools)

2000m (with belt tools)

On the flip side a player who relentlessly kills will easily fall into the Bandit negative Reputation at -5000. A Hero ranked player would see this character at the ranges above and there name highlighted in Red and vise vera with hero spotted in blue.

Anyone between -5000 and +5000 Humanity would be viewed by the system as a neutral player and would remain unrecognisable via the above (as players currently are when they "don't show name").

This will give hero and bandit more meaning in the game and not just hero trader perks. But to make sure people cannot abuse the humanity system to kill enough zombies to stay out the Bandit ranks. If someone is persistently murdering non bandit players they should face a persisting and increasing penalty to the amount of Humanity they earn back from killing zombie / other bandits. Hero's should also get a huge humanity bonus for killing Bandits and a massive drop in humanity if killing a neutral as defined above.

The only thing i'm struggling with is a bonus system for Bandits. Maybe it could be access to totally unique vehicles/ clothing.

ok yeah I didn't really read all of that but I just have one question - would know me or my disposition if you were sitting next to me on the bus? didn't think so. can we just drop this stupidity now???

• Like 2

2m

20m

200m (with belt tools)

2000m (with belt tools)

When the power shuts off, the zeds are roaming, and the next new serial killer roams the land, where do you hear about this in your mind to develop said view of this individual?  Everyone that keeps suggesting this doesn't realize the glory of what an apocalyptic game should be - it's all gray baby.  People get hungry and desperate enough, they'll kill over a can of beans.  The glory of blurred morality is what this game is about - DO NOT TURN THIS INTO TEAM A VS TEAM B!  We have a gazillion (that's a rough number) of these already...

• Like 2

2m

20m

200m (with belt tools)

2000m (with belt tools)

This is a post apocalyptic game. There is no TV or radio stations. Even if someone with "good profile" as you say, that is famous and a nice person, does not mean that person would be nice still in this situation. You could see "arnie" and be like hey man lets group up! Then he will pwn you for your beans. The same goes for any person. There is no way you could possibly know peoples mindset just by looking at them.

You should not ever be able to see names or anything. It makes it feel a lot more like an arcade game, rather than the real survival game it is. 

Try playing Arma3 breaking point. It ruins it  being able to have groups, and see where your group is at all times. Not to mention if you want to play a hero you have to literally let people kill you constantly, like the survivors, nuetrals. if they come at you and you defend yourself and kill them you lose a lot of humanity, if you want to gain it you just have to let them kill you or have a bandit with you to have them kill them and hope they can kill them before they kill you. Not to mention if someone starts and KOS everyone they see, and they happen to kill 10 bandits, then boom they are a hero from KOS'ing. 

As for your comment about most people wanting to remain anonymous, why would that matter? I don't give a damn if people know my name. I haven't changed my name once, and never try to hide it. If I was, (even though I don't want to) you can just change your name every time you log in.. So that does not matter. 

I play as a bandit/promoter of friendship. Me and my buddy run around trying to talk to people. 80% of people will not even respond to us, so we shoot them after we give them plenty of time and explain how to talk voice chat and text, in case they are new.

If people talk to us then we will help them out, give them stuff, join up with them if they want ect. So hopefully those people that refuse to try and talk will try to talk next time. 

If people don't talk to us until we shoot at them, then they respond "oh fuck you guys ect ect" then I break their legs and bandage them, then yell at them for being rude and unfriendly, and all they had to do is say hello. 

Oh and btw my ingame name is always JH so if you see me on the server make sure you say hello. 

Edited by raezion420
  • Like 1

Dayz is a zombie game not a first person shooter game. Have set servers that you can only go too. so you can't just jump around. So if you want to kos all the time you have a fair chance of being hunted down.  At this point of the dayz story it's 3 months after the outbreak. In real like you would be looking for people, not kos everyone you see. 

Decrease ammo in the game to 10% of what it is now,  make weapon broke when finding them and have to fix them with parts that you find. and have 25 zombies on your ass when you fire a shot. with a 10 min cool down on attracting zombies from shots after that.. 

If clothes can change by the condition they are,, then put blood stains on players too.

and have servers reset once a week. *resetting bloodstains also.

Bandits are great players, they rob yea, make your life hell and when your running away, your just happy your still alive (maybe)

Kos all the time isn't for this type of game. 

• Like 1

ok yeah I didn't really read all of that but I just have one question - would know me or my disposition if you were sitting next to me on the bus? didn't think so. can we just drop this stupidity now???

If there was a real Zombie apocalypse, break down of law etc etc, would most people run round shooting people on sight willy nilly ? No. By the way, I have a knack for reading people like a book and I can smell a C*** a mile off.

• Like 1

This thread was created by a guy who played too much mmorpg games with classes of characters and he wants to feel good wearing "an hero" emblema. DayZ is not your ordinary rpg. The thrill of not knowing who is who is what makes it special. If you want to look like a bandit so much wear a bandana and chose nigger character.

Edited by kichilron
Do not post racist comments.

This is a post apocalyptic game. There is no TV or radio stations. Even if someone with "good profile" as you say, that is famous and a nice person, does not mean that person would be nice still in this situation. You could see "arnie" and be like hey man lets group up! Then he will pwn you for your beans. The same goes for any person. There is no way you could possibly know peoples mindset just by looking at them.

You should not ever be able to see names or anything. It makes it feel a lot more like an arcade game, rather than the real survival game it is. 

Try playing Arma3 breaking point. It ruins it  being able to have groups, and see where your group is at all times. Not to mention if you want to play a hero you have to literally let people kill you constantly, like the survivors, nuetrals. if they come at you and you defend yourself and kill them you lose a lot of humanity, if you want to gain it you just have to let them kill you or have a bandit with you to have them kill them and hope they can kill them before they kill you. Not to mention if someone starts and KOS everyone they see, and they happen to kill 10 bandits, then boom they are a hero from KOS'ing. 

As for your comment about most people wanting to remain anonymous, why would that matter? I don't give a damn if people know my name. I haven't changed my name once, and never try to hide it. If I was, (even though I don't want to) you can just change your name every time you log in.. So that does not matter. 

I play as a bandit/promoter of friendship. Me and my buddy run around trying to talk to people. 80% of people will not even respond to us, so we shoot them after we give them plenty of time and explain how to talk voice chat and text, in case they are new.

If people talk to us then we will help them out, give them stuff, join up with them if they want ect. So hopefully those people that refuse to try and talk will try to talk next time. 

If people don't talk to us until we shoot at them, then they respond "oh fuck you guys ect ect" then I break their legs and bandage them, then yell at them for being rude and unfriendly, and all they had to do is say hello. 

Oh and btw my ingame name is always JH so if you see me on the server make sure you say hello. 

You see, from what I've read you're what I would class a proper bandit type. Attempting to communicate to suss people out before you go ahead and take out the risk by shooting them. That sir, is absolutely fine but a hell of a lot of people "don't show name" and just camp retardedly for hours just shooting people and more so the freshspawns.

If y suggestion wasn't favourable then increase zombie numbers and their response is the next. Firing a gun especially a loud one,should cause a zombie Zerg upon you or to your general area. Currently in both SA and the Mod, you only really get up to 4 zombies coming for you. It would be a far greater number.

Edited by cgz_uk

Where do you get those numbers? Not doubting them, just curious.

I'm not against skinning bandits. Wouldn't bother me to have targets, but the bandits here cry about that.

As long as you're playing on "official" servers, the mod system of skinning would work.

It would need some tweaking.

Those against it are simply murderers and griefers. Then you have tactical teams.

If your numbers are right, the game will soon have them playing against each other.

Basically tactical "kill teams." A few people who want some "balance" will come - and go.

• Like 1

This thread was created by a guy who played too much mmorpg games with classes of characters and he wants to feel good wearing "an hero" emblema. DayZ is not your ordinary rpg. The thrill of not knowing who is who is what makes it special. If you want to look like a bandit so much wear a bandana and chose nigger character.

Yeah, right. That's a timeout for you. Come back when you can post without being racist.

4) Offensive Content:

Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene, racist, or otherwise overly discriminatory is not permitted on these forums. This includes user pictures. Use common sense. We want to show this website to our mums.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 6

If there was a real Zombie apocalypse, break down of law etc etc, would most people run round shooting people on sight willy nilly ? No. By the way, I have a knack for reading people like a book and I can smell a C*** a mile off.

I mean seriously?? you resort to insult because you can't have what the devs have already stated will NEVER be in the game??? get over yourself and your idiotic self-importance - you are just another noob that can't take the heat in the game and you sir represent a tiny minority as evidenced by the overwhelming NO to this idiotic idea. I do so hope I find you ingame so I can just shoot you in the face with no dialog just so I can hunt down your new spawn and do it again... lather, rinse, repeat.