1S1K-Airborne

We NEED some way to identify heros and bandits.

How about bandits grow beards and hero's grow boobs... eerrr I mean hero's don't grow beards ...  :rolleyes:

Or for everyone you kill you have to give birth to a new fresh spawn and run around pregnant until a new player joins the server and you are the most pregnant player (biggest tummy).

Edited by TiggyPooh

Did you think this through? I mean really think about it!

What would stop a bandit from wearing such a hero item to lure you into a trap/ambush?

Next argument will be a humanity system and we all know that doesn't work either, because even hero's have to sometimes shoot non bandits, because they are being a threat.

So? This is not a problem. It's additional interesting content. It makes people think. Oh, yeah, he's dressed up as a supposed friendly player.. but what does that mean?

Personally I would never go around wearing a UN armband, but some unscrupulous players might despite their intentions to shoot everyone in the face. I think that just adds flavor to the game.

And this is why KoS deathmatchers are so affraid of hero/bandit skins  and humanity system covering it in "muh sandbox" "muh real life" bullshit,

Afraid? I've always sported proudly my bandit skin in the mod. Still don't like when certain look is forced on anyone, not just me. If there were 'bandit' clothes in the SA I would totally wear them. Currently masks are perceived as more banditty gear but they are ugly as hell and don't fit well with other gear so I don't wear them. I wish they added clothing items to recreate bandit look from the mod: tropentarn pants and jacket, flecktarn vest and tan/desert shemagh. Other colors should work too. Or at least add olive and black balaclavas/ski masks, should work as bandit outfit as well.

I am pretty sure that I am not alone and many other bandits/KoSers would wear bandit outfit willingly.

• Like 1

Here I will give a very clear example of how animations and stances could solve this problem of bandits and heroes.

This would just cover one animation of course, this system would infact have every single animation be different between the hero and the bandit.

This is the heroes standing rifle stance.

chicken%20wing.jpg

18366728CALEBAIR.jpg

Now here is the bandits standing rifle stance from the same angles.

tactical-stance.jpg

Now from the front and the side profiles both stances would be very different but neither is better than the other both stances offer the same benefits and ideally height profile for the player.

The good thing is that  immediately most players will know what type of player the other is by how he is standing or running or even crouching either creating immediate danger and tension or easing any fear.

I just used 2 different animations as an example they dont neccesarily have to use the mall ninja stance if they dont want there are tons of rifle stances that  are very different from one another and duplicate the same thing.

• Like 1

@gibonez

I have few suggestion on that to add.

Here is bandit animation for running:

yUzgQZI.jpg

bandit crouch stance:

UT7yIEr.jpg

and standing:

IoGK5Mc.jpg

And hero standing:

iBQVAuh.jpg

Q6NMeZl.jpg

while aiming gun:

rUodrU1.gif

• Like 5

Why are the bad people black, Frosti? XD

Accidental.

General idea was to make heroes standing/crouching with the gun pointed upward and bandits standing/crouching with the gun pointed downward.

And heroes aiming from the hip and bandits aiming from the shoulders.

PS.

Hero aiming sniper rifle from the hip will be stiupid gotta rethink it, maybe gibonez idea with flying elbows or something..

Edited by Frosti
  • Like 1

I still think my idea that for everyone you kill you become pregnant!

People will think twice before popping someone  :thumbsup:

The only way to get rid of the pregnancy would be to visit the hospital in Cherno. 

• Like 1

The only way to get rid of the pregnancy would be to visit the hospital in Cherno. 

Or to find item metal cloth hanger

Can you imagine the waiting room in Cherno full of pregnant Bandits?

Next!

Bandit to Doctor: I think I am pregant

Doctor to bandit: Sir you are expecting twins, must be a busy day and it isn't even 10am.

it's interesting how this thread has been dead for months and still people want to flog this dead horse.  though you don't see as many numbnuts now posting "but I wear a mask and imma hero" in fact you see way fewer people having the balls to wear masks anymore as the penny is starting to drop that people KOS clown masks.  The stance thing has no merit because it's a machine that is the arbiter as to who is what. The game is best the way it is, fraught with tension every encounter.  Thread should of been yarded beards ago, more so now for being necroed.

• Like 1

Remove black skin choice for default characters and make bandits turn black.

But in all seriousness, I don't think we need this kind of thing. Interact with them and then decide for yourself whether they're bandits or not.

The game could use some sort of facial recognition (which wouldn't work on masked players) and voice recognition (in case a masked player says/writes something), though. Characters could be recognized by text indications of unique-to-those-characters colors (which would change upon dying and respawning) or something like that.

I agree, with the op, I really wish there was a way to be able to tell if someone was a hero or a bandit from the way they looked. The way the mod did it was perfect. I thought it made the game much more interesting, and in my opinion, is really the only solution to getting rid of the KoS mentality. 

But it apparently "ruins immersion" because it isn't realistic that bandits would have a scarf around their head. But as others have said neither is running non-stop across the map or never needing to sleep. 

Sometimes you need to add mechanics to the game because it makes it more fun and disregard a small portion of realism. 

• Like 1

How about this.

When you kill say 5+ people you start triggering Wanted posters appearing in random places.

These wanted posted are updated every hour, but only when the bandit is online.

The poster is dynamic (refreshes hourly) contains a picture of the bandit, his name, number of kills, and very vague description of his location which is correct at the time of refresh. "XXXX was last seen near Cherno"

The more kills the bandit gets the more posters appear around the map.

When you kill someone whose on a wanted poster they leave a (trophy) little piece of paper that summarizes the bandit on their body. This can then be added to your inventory or posted to your social media for some epeen.

Could even have a sheriffs badge automatically apply to the person if they collect 5+ trophies.

This way bandits get prestige seeing themselves becoming famous.

While also encouraging the hunting of bandits.

Thoughts?

Edited by foxdie_01

Accidental.

General idea was to make heroes standing/crouching with the gun pointed upward and bandits standing/crouching with the gun pointed downward.

And heroes aiming from the hip and bandits aiming from the shoulders.

PS.

Hero aiming sniper rifle from the hip will be stiupid gotta rethink it, maybe gibonez idea with flying elbows or something..

Wouldn't the heroes in this situation be the ones one with the shoulder aim while the bandits would be the wannabe badasses firing from the hip?

Stereotypes, I know :P

Don't really want this system, anyway.

• Like 1

How about this.

When you kill say 5+ people you start triggering Wanted posters appearing in random places.

These wanted posted are updated every hour, but only when the bandit is online.

The poster is dynamic (refreshes hourly) contains a picture of the bandit, his name, number of kills, and very vague description of his location which is correct at the time of refresh. "XXXX was last seen near Cherno"

The more kills the bandit gets the more posters appear around the map.

When you kill someone whose on a wanted poster they leave a (trophy) little piece of paper that summarizes the bandit on their body. This can then be added to your inventory or posted to your social media for some epeen.

Could even have a sheriffs badge automatically apply to the person if they collect 5+ trophies.

This way bandits get prestige seeing themselves becoming famous.

While also encouraging the hunting of bandits.

Thoughts?

Revealing location is overkill for me.

Besides the idea of this thread is to identify, distinguish heroes from bandits and not punish banditing, KoSing in any way.

The good thing is that  immediately most players will know what type of player the other is by how he is standing or running or even crouching

I'm sorry, but how is this a good thing?

So the game tells you who is bad and who is good and does your thinking for you?  That would actually decrease the tension.

Why would anyone ever want the game to think for them?

• Like 2

Revealing location is overkill for me.

Besides the idea of this thread is to identify, distinguish heroes from bandits and not punish banditing, KoSing in any way.

So it isnt a punsihment to force a player to have to arbitrarily identify himself and force himself to align with a group the game deems is bad?  What is this nazi germany now? Do I need to wear a star of david everytime i walk into cherno?

Dayz is only fun because you never know what another players intentions are.

Even the best 'bandit' system would be flawed (as we seen with the mod), so what's the point in it even if it were something that was a good idea(which it's not)?

• Like 1

The problem is differentiating between real heroes and bandits exploiting the system

if bandits can just stack up on humanity like they were able to in the mod, why even have the system in the first place?

if people behaving like "heroes", why can't they kill players behaving aggressively who are not yet bandits without risking their hero status?

this system was flawed and added nothing, just forget it

it also wouldn't fit with the clothing system we have now

if you meet someone who is not wearing all-green camo, he is likely to be a friendly, if not, he may be a loner or a bandit, which are both dangerous

pretty simple if you ask me

This!

Dayz is only fun because you never know what another players intentions are.

Even the best 'bandit' system would be flawed (as we seen with the mod), so what's the point in it even if it were something that was a good idea(which it's not)?

And This!

There are no heroes.

• Like 1

before popping someone

http://www.dict.cc/deutsch-englisch/jdn+poppen.html

sometimes this forum just makes my day

• Like 1