1S1K-Airborne

We NEED some way to identify heros and bandits.

If it's lootable, it won't work.  People will KOS heros just to get the item.  Then use it as a ruse to kill other heros.

It has to be something you spawn with, that is not lootable off the body.

Hmm, good point. Maybe it can be made incompatible with bandits or other non-heroes? Or maybe, instead of something craftable, it can be initials sprayed on clothing/headwear with the spraycan. And everytime the hero takes it off, the markings disappear. Think a huge H on a helmet or on a jacket, or maybe some sort of icon.

Wow 46 pages for something that will never happen and would ruin the game .... GG

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 3

I really wish there was some indication. I understand how that is not realistic, but a few aspects of this game really make the mod shine...

It is up to you to find some sort of gear that will identify you as whatever you are...then communicate that to other players. There is no "KOS" uniform just like there is no "Hero" uniform

Wow 46 pages for something that will never happen and would ruin the game .... GG

I know right??

In real life, I can imagine that you can distinguish between malevolent people and harmless people. You just pick up on some things and they all add up. Of course there's a middleground as well, of which you can't determine if he's a bandit or not. It's not entirely unrealistic to be able to see heroes, I suppose.

I know right??

I think the devs even said there would never be anything like this and it was a big regret they had with the mod because having artificial "teams" in a sandbox is stupid.

Edited by Weedz

This thread needs to end.  Please stop responding to it.  It needs to be buried deep in the archives of other terrible game-breaking ideas.  Why not select a faction when you log in?  Why not choose a class? 

Just go play a Blizzard game or an EA game.  For me, the Sandbox remains open to anything.  Quit trying to tinkle in my Sandbox.

• Like 3

Every week or so this thread is resurrected, stomped into the ground, goes to page 4 or 5....rinse, repeat.

I put this in words, that might be understood:

The OP may like to have such a system. The majority of forum users (and , just guessing, players in general) don't want it. It is not intended by the devs. Maybe it will happen in mods (i'm pretty sure it will), which will happen in privat hives, which will happen after the release.

Until then...let this thread die. Please.

people want to complain about realism seriously need to realize this

There is a reason militaries, rebels, insurgents etc wear uniforms. Theres a reason they have glow in the dark eyes on the back of military helmets.

Theres a reason you can tag enemies with IR signals.

In the fog of war its important to distinguish friend from foe.

I would recommend being able to make armbands from rags and then paint them whatever color you want. This would not set a "hero"/"bandit" thing but it would create an identifying marker.

That way we can still have an organic authentic experience when people come together and want to assign meaning to arm band color.

Even in real life people use identifying signals or uniforms to distinguish themselves from others

• Like 1

There is a reason militaries, rebels, insurgents etc wear uniforms. Theres a reason they have glow in the dark eyes on the back of military helmets.

I would recommend being able to make armbands from rags and then paint them whatever color you want. This would not set a "hero"/"bandit" thing but it would create an identifying marker.

That way we can still have an organic authentic experience when people come together and want to assign meaning to arm band color.

Even in real life people use identifying signals or uniforms to distinguish themselves from others

So when the heros in the forums say "our color is blue".  10 seconds later every KOS bandit in the server will be wearing it.

That won't work.  Clothes that you can find, craft, build, loot, whatever won't work.  It has to be something that you spawn with that is not lootable.

• Like 1

Why not? Sure. Colored bandages, are like...hm...well, if all would wear the same colored motorcycle helmets...or berets...or hats...or shirts...

Hell, I don't care if you spraypaint your face red (or half blue braveheart style) if it makes you happy and as long as the game doesn't forces you to do that for some reason like "You killed 3 people. God/Allah/Buddha/the FSM/Kurt makes your face red now."

How about you just pick up one of the multitude of unique wearable items already in game to help distinguish your squad.

Kill.This.Thread.Please

The OP may like to have such a system. The majority of forum users (and , just guessing, players in general) don't want it. It is not intended by the devs. Maybe it will happen in mods (i'm pretty sure it will), which will happen in privat hives, which will happen after the release.

Until then...let this thread die. Please.

The majority of forum users seem to want the most "Vanilla" DayZ they can get.

However, the majority of actual PRIVATE SERVERS that people pay for want an Epoch experience.  Hence about 3 Epoch servers for every 1 Vanilla.

If you aren't paying for it, you don't have any right to say what we can or cannot do.  I can't come to your house and tell you how to spend your money right?  What services to buy?  What you can order for dinner?  What games you can or cannot buy?  Nope?  Didn't think so.

I love the "no no no" argument that we can't get what WE want on a server WE pay for.  That's economic fascism at it's finest.  I'll agree to that, if you agree that I can veto any purchase you might want to make in the future.  Then we can both agree on something!

And thanks for continuing to reply and bump the topic!!!!!

i wasn thinking that if you kill someone you have blood on your clothes it reset after every respawn

However, the majority of actual PRIVATE SERVERS that people pay for want an Epoch experience.  Hence about 3 Epoch servers for every 1 Vanilla.

If you aren't paying for it, you don't have any right to say what we can or cannot do.  I can't come to your house and tell you how to spend your money right?  What services to buy?  What you can order for dinner?  What games you can or cannot buy?  Nope?  Didn't think so.

I love the "no no no" argument that we can't get what WE want on a server WE pay for.  That's economic fascism at it's finest.  I'll agree to that, if you agree that I can veto any purchase you might want to make in the future.  Then we can both agree on something!

I bought a new shotgun yesterday. Should I be able to shoot you in the face with it? I mean I payed good money for it I should be able to do what I want right?

Why not? Sure. Colored bandages, are like...hm...well, if all would wear the same colored motorcycle helmets...or berets...or hats...or shirts...

Hell, I don't care if you spraypaint your face red (or half blue braveheart style) if it makes you happy and as long as the game doesn't forces you to do that for some reason like "You killed 3 people. God/Allah/Buddha/the FSM/Kurt makes your face red now."

Once again you didn't read how the system works, and continue to misquote how the system works.

It's an armband you spawn with after you've met the hero or bandit requirements.

YOU CAN TAKE IT OFF, OR LEAVE IT ON. 

You don't need to use it.  <---------------wow you missed the last 20 times I've said that.....lol

BTW thanks for bumping the thread again :)

OK so when private hives become a possibility - do what the hell you want - until then don't put this crap in the game.

I bought a new shotgun yesterday. Should I be able to shoot you in the face with it? I mean I payed good money for it I should be able to do what I want right?

Sure, but there's a real life consequence for KOS.

You either go to jail, or are executed.

Good analogy!  Troll Fail :)

Sure, but there's a real life consequence for KOS.

You either go to jail, or are executed.

Good analogy!  Troll Fail :)

Pointing out that you're making an idiotic argument for something that the game's developers have said will never be in the game isn't trolling. If you want a team based shooter go play CoD.

You're idea is also completely unnecessary and pretty much already in the game. Want to be a "hero"? Dress up with a UN helmet and a Press vest. Want to be a "bandit"? Dress up in military clothes with a beret or bandanna. Don't want to be an idiot who thinks there should be teams in a sandbox game? Dress up in what ever the hell you want!

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 2

Pointing out that you're making an idiotic argument for something that the game's developers have said will never be in the game isn't trolling. If you want a team based shooter go play CoD.

You're idea is also completely unnecessary and pretty much already in the game. Want to be a "hero"? Dress up with a UN helmet and a Press vest. Want to be a "bandit"? Dress up in military clothes with a beret or bandanna. Don't want to be an idiot who thinks there should be teams in a sandbox game? Dress up in what ever the hell you want!

If you want a Free for All Shooter.........go play COD..........I mean Standalone.  Good argument!

And random lootable clothing doesn't mean hero or bandit.  I'm sure there are heros that wear the PayDay mask.  I'm sure there are Bandits that wear the Press Vest.

Thanks for the bump :)

I don't really feel a need for any indicators of hero/bandit. It is not realistic. 

People will be more friendly once loot respawns without a restart, as it will be easier to find stuff, without going on an empty server, or being shit out of luck since the whole server is looted, and have to wait until it restarts. 

2.  Some of us would like to be Heros.  But we can't do it with the way the game currently is, unless you like being a bullet / axe sponge.

Which is precisely how it works in real life.

If the devs want to have visible indicators of player behavior, they'll add them.   I have no preference either way.