ianaconda

Bicycle Suggestions/Discussion [Official]

ahhhh the root cause why stand alone is shit.

Devs catering to these type of players.

Now the 15 mph sprint speed makes sense.

Well there is one right there. Apparently SA is going to crap because of players like me.

I got like 2 hours in epoch.

I merely admire epoch for what it was able to do .

Epoch has pretty darn amazing base building something I can see the sa devs struggling with. Epoch merely offers the tools for server admins . Server admins are the ones who make servers easy mode.

If you don't have anything to add to the Topic context, don't bother to post, you are off-topic.

• Like 1

I would say that anyone that played the original mod and not the offbeat maps/mods,were accepting of what was given to the public and even when it was revised they were more than willing to put time into it.For those folks that don't have enough time to play an intricate game such as this(ie. original mod or even what the SA will become) then maybe you should stick to the console-esque type of games or the AAA titles of BF4 & COD.Those are the types that you can just jump into and play without thinking about any true goal or objective & just shoot em up. This is not meant to be taken as an insult,it is not my intention to throw it out there like one.What I am trying to say is that the majority of most of the first time SA players that I have played with and encounter in forums about the SA,have this pre concieved notion that this game is to be played as it is currently being played...with speed and easy gear ups only to be left with nothing more than PvP shoot em ups once those goals are met.Now we have folks that want to get there even faster with more readily available vehicles at their disposal because they don't have enough time to spend in the game to acquire items that were intended to be rare as they are in the original mod they are being molded after. The goal of the game,as I am to understand it,is not to get any kind of reward for killing a zombie or another player but, to survive as long as you can and take on any and all challenges that you may face within the harsh world of Chernarus.Its the rare items that you might get lucky enough to accumulate that make it worth while to hunt down ,either by finding it in a loot spawn or taking it of off another dead player's body that you found or killed to get it.

Edited by AdmiralBull
  • Like 1

I think the sprint will be greatly nerfed once other means of transportations are in the game.

Ahoooo, mate! If they're going to add motorcycles it -needs- to be one of these bad boys. Seriously, how cool would it not be to ride these on the coastal highway with a buddy in the passenger seat, navigating a map.

That's also a Ural 650, I believe. Russian one.

Hello,

I was wondering if someone has the same idea.

Looked in the forum and didn't find it anywhere.(maybe i'm not a good searcher)

anyway i was thinking of a bike in the game.

Before you go ohh noo not that again read what i have to say or don't react here;)

when you have a bike it would be awesome if that bike has a flat or a ruined tire.

You have to go find a bicycle pump or new tires or a tire repair kit so you can go on.

maybe add some valves in the game so you have to look for those as well.

you can go as far as you like to go.

• Like 2

anyway i was thinking of a bike in the game.

:facepalm:

• Like 3

Welcome to DayZ.

You're not a good searcher I guess. This has been done before, bikes are on the development roadmap.

They were in the mod and included fixing wheels and the frame as well. 

• Like 3

Just some random thoughts...

Bike basket (for carrying stuff on the go)

Bell (for distracting zeds from other survivors)

Bike Helmet (for crashes)

Roller Skates (I understand how impractical they can be for navigating difficult terrain, but for quickly moving across paved areas roller skates are probably the most convenienct way to travel. Of course it would have to take at least a minute to change out of them, but I still love the idea of skating around zombies punching them)

Bikes in the mod though, does that mean bicycles or motorbikes? It's hard to tell what people mean sometimes.

Both should be in it.

It would be great if you could have a fold-able one on your back.

Hopefully we will be able to use one handed weapons on them that would be so much fun.

Or imagine you and a friend could cut one bike in half and attach it to the other so one can cycle and one can sit on the back and shoot zombies/people.

That would be hilarious.

This idea is so good that they already implemented it...

Bikes in the mod though, does that mean bicycles or motorbikes? It's hard to tell what people mean sometimes.

Both should be in it.

It would be great if you could have a fold-able one on your back.

Hopefully we will be able to use one handed weapons on them that would be so much fun.

Or imagine you and a friend could cut one bike in half and attach it to the other so one can cycle and one can sit on the back and shoot zombies/people.

That would be hilarious.

Both, to answer your question of the mod. Plus I'm pretty sure there will be motocycles as well and bicycles in the standalone eventually. Shooting one handed from a bike would be nice !

Just some random thoughts...

Bike basket (for carrying stuff on the go)

Bell (for distracting zeds from other survivors)

Roller Skates (I understand how impractical they can be for navigating difficult terrain, but for quickly moving across paved areas roller skates are probably the most convenienct way to travel. Of course it would have to take at least a minute to change out of them, but I still love the idea of skating around zombies punching them)

Yes to rollerblades ! I would laugh my arse off if I saw someone zip by one some skates  ! Haha 

Next they'll be implementing skateboards and we'll all be talking about which rails we like grinding the most.

:facepalm:

yeah i read it back and i said something stupid there XD but you get the point

Welcome to DayZ.

You're not a good searcher I guess. This has been done before, bikes are on the development roadmap.

They were in the mod and included fixing wheels and the frame as well. 

I know they where in de mod but that's not what i mean. it is about the standalone here so that's why i posted it. 

in the mod you could fix a bike with a carwheel and that's just not right.

You have to search for bikewheels or such stuff. that's the whole point of this post

Yes, that's right.

They'll do it properly in the standalone I'm sure. New valves might be a bit too far, but inner tubes would be a necessary thing to replace so I bet they put them in too, and a pump. 

A bike helmet would be a hilarious addition, but I don't think it many people would seriously use it. It's like the child backpack of protective head gear. Other than probably not getting knocked out by punches on the top of your head, it would be completely useless.

On the topic though, Rocket said they will use the same attachment system on vehicles too, so yes, everything can be done, except the frame. I guess the vehicle itself will be the frame.

I think brake blocks probably will be a changeable part on top of the wheels. Adding too much things is just gonna get abused, people would take the chain, the pedals and shit to their inventories before logging out and you pretty much could just stare at it, or break it's wheels

Edited by Sutinen

Looked in the forum and didn't find it anywhere.(maybe i'm not a good searcher)

Trust me...

You're not.

Everyone wants bikes, everyone is most probably going to get bikes. (later)

If they put in that kind of maintenance for bikes they could also add in chains, sprockets and WD40(or some other similar lubricant). It would mean you actually have to care for your investment and not just leave it out in the elements and it magically works flawlessly

• Like 1

What bikes were in the mod? Crap old things, BMX's or full on mountain bikes?

I'd like some old rusty pieces of shit in the mix but hopefully we get the occasional good mountain bike.

This idea is so good that they already implemented it...

not a bike helmet...

just a helmet. I want a bike helmet so that I can roleplay as a triathelte damnit!

What bikes were in the mod? Crap old things, BMX's or full on mountain bikes?

I'd like some old rusty pieces of shit in the mix but hopefully we get the occasional good mountain bike.

Hello survivors! 

I would like to suggest something very awesome, it's is a bicycle, but it's something more useful than only a bicycle.

It's not a bicycle you could use only in one server, it's a bicycle you could carry on your back and take it to other servers also.

It's a Russian MMB3 folding bike

It actually fits into game with the history behind it: http://www.foldingcyclist.com/Russian-MMB3-folding-bike.html

It could be pretty cool also when you could actually modify your bicycle by changing/adding new parts like handlebar, saddle, bicycle lamp/flashlight, luggage rack etc and it should spawn in the garages and sheds.  :beans:  :beans:

PS! Sorry for bad English   :blush:

Anyway, I really hope that you like the idea and maybe even add this into game in the future. Cheers!  B)

post-209043-0-59597200-1408099467_thumb.

Edited by Marexman
  • Like 3

That isnt a bad idea at all tbh, but if it should carry over from one server to another, it has to take up a pretty large space in the backpack tbh.

So you either have to choose if you want this with you, or more ammo/food/medical stuff.

Ohh and it should be controlled by the hive, so X amount of them spawn on ALL servers, making it quite rare tbh.

I mean not in the backpack, I mean carry on the back or maybe carry with hands. It wouldn't fit into backpack :)

Edited by Marexman