Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.114008

I must admit, I don't think this rubber banding issue is fixed yet. :(

I was running from spawn to electro to join friends. Stopped in Electro to loot a guy who killed me, got a weapon and a backpack - then POP! Back to spawn with the items just looted..

I don't know if this is the socalled rubber banding issue, or some kind of teleport issue..

It's the only reason the game is not playable for me atm..

For some reason my rubberbanding has stopped today on the 2 servers i've gone to. I have not run super long distances though. Elektro to Cherno is all.

How is this counter productive? If implemented like in the mod, it won't be a straight up WoW style logout timer, it will only be activated after firing or taking damage to prevent logging out to save your gear. 

It's counter productive because at this stage, reproducing errors multiple times over and over is more important than trying to hinder that process to force people who are doing simple graphics settings checks a timer before they can exit the game to do so. 

An even easier answer is that there are much larger fish to fry in terms of actual game content and engineering that needs to be put into place before this. Like, would you rather vehicles to be re-introduced, or have less clipping with the walls, or zombies to stop walking through them, or stuff disappearing from inventories, the things that make the game physically unplayable, not philosophically? 

• Like 1

It's counter productive because at this stage, reproducing errors multiple times over and over is more important than trying to hinder that process to force people who are doing simple graphics settings checks a timer before they can exit the game to do so.

An even easier answer is that there are much larger fish to fry in terms of actual game content and engineering that needs to be put into place before this. Like, would you rather vehicles to be re-introduced, or have less clipping with the walls, or zombies to stop walking through them, or stuff disappearing from inventories, the things that make the game physically unplayable, not philosophically?

Hmm.. Combat logging is an exploit which needs fixing just as much as any bug. I test the game by playing it as im not being paid to test ill enjoy my time and report anything that shows up. Its a shame that people exploit the game like this in an alpha and pretty much anyone I interact with does it, which is funny when so many people are against it on the forums. How can I test handcuffing and looting bodies when people logout on first contact. Bumped into a guy at berinzino with my two friends, we got him to put his hands up and keep his gun on his back, we thought hey thats try the handcuffs and see if we can rob him rather than just kill him, pow he disconnects.

Edited by Ricky Spanish

If you alt f4 or disconect any other way, while not waiting for timer, you will spawn your character dummy that will stay in game for about 2 minutes, and can be killed.

Like in mmorpg's.

That's stupid because unlike MMO's there is no "safe zone" in this game and 2min is too long. You would get shot so many times if you log off anywhere near a populated area.

A combat timer is way better like a lot of the DayZ mods have.

Edited by SoulAssassin808

That's stupid because unlike MMO's there is no "safe zone" in this game and 2min is too long. You would get shot so many times if you log off anywhere near a populated area.

Don't logoff near a populated area then

• Like 6

Then wait just 30 seconds for loggging out timer and don't disconnect your internet or anything, so you don't spawn character dummy.

PS.

Combat timer is bullshit, lot's of people log out before any shots are fired, they see that someone spotted them first or they are not in adventage position so puff they log out without entering any combat. And that's combat log we need to fix with log out timer.

Edited by Frosti
  • Like 5

alt f4 is a big issue what most who combat log do. people who do this need to die in game. working out if its intentional or not is tricky part especially with crashing.

I think a log out timer of 60 sec is fine. Yes it can be painful and you may die when you disconnect unintentionally.

Many people suggested a sleeping feature where you would have to go to sleep in order to log out.

If you are bleeding you should not be able to log out, like its done in the dayz mod.

I also think there needs to be a combat timer of 300 seconds or so, not sure however how this can be achived with the given game mechanics.

Edited by dasinfi
  • Like 1

Let them log out, timer or no timer, just keep their avatar in the world for a few minutes.

Thats a very good thing to involve all forummembers. Devs should put these questions to the vote (poll) : timer before logout etc. 

Edited by MagnuZ

Im not one to complain or bicker but yesterday i did thid rubberbanding for the first time after playing since day 1 of standalone and I had to alt f4 because after that my game was unresponsive so i believe that a COMBAT log timer should definitly be introduced but aside from that ppl shouldnt have to wait to log off unless they are in combat UNTIL the final release or atleast until beta. JUST My humble opinion thanks for listening (reading)

I think Origins did it right. After you disconnect, for 30 seconds your character does some dumb little dance. I've only been killed once or twice while disconnecting in the 8 months I played. Those couple of times I died were the result of my own stupidity. Don't log out in populated areas. Go hide in a tree or behind a rock or in a building before you do it. This would add a timer and also take care of the alt+f4 crap people pull.

The answer is pretty simple imo. Now, i've caught people alt+f4ing or trying to disconnect and have bagged myself around half a dozen. just popped them in the head while they were doing the little dance trying to hide out somewhere thinking they were slick trying to get away. Implementing it this way just works.

No way characters should die upon disconnect, a lot of people would die just because the internet connection gets down or even lag spikes, so no. 

Character staying in the world for a couple minutes sounds much more reasonable and serves the purpose just as fine.

No way characters should die upon disconnect, a lot of people would die just because the internet connection gets down or even lag spikes, so no. 

Character staying in the world for a couple minutes sounds much more reasonable and serves the purpose just as fine.

Agree with this. I live in the boonies where internet is provided by smoke signals and morse code...

Strange, because that's what happened to me & 2 friends while we tried to find us. It took us about 2 hours to finally get to the same spot, because we ran for ~15 minutes, and boom, we teleported back to the beginning spot, couldn't move, couldn't even open our menus, so we had to alt+f4 the game. So if I'm right, it somehow isn't fixed. At least not for us.

Yea that's also another issue it happens to me plenty of times, i'm not sure what that is whether it is a glitch/bug/server side or some other issue but it is darn annoying -.-

I think it is rubber banding but i dunno why people can't move and can't do anything etc. =/

Wouldn't it be nice if people weren't such pussies so you wouldn't have to come up with a solution for these kinds of problems?

Sorry but what the hell is rubber banding. i am assuming your talking about the lag issue.

any plans to fix server hopping in the near future? it is a bigger problem than combat logging

Agree with this. I live in the boonies where internet is provided by smoke signals and morse code...

Exactly, plus I'm not the only one using Internet at my place, and I'm sure that applies to a big percentage of the DayZ community, if someone plays a video from YT in HD I get insta-kicked by ping.

Edited by Z3rd0cK

Fixed: 

Server: Dedicated Server crash related to memory cleanup
Server: Player location rubberbanding
Critical Security Vulnerability fixes

Note: This is a hotfix to address several key issues, and thus is focused on specifically those issues.

Gave it a few days before I made a comment about this server side patch.

This has made a big improvement on all servers. I might have the odd one there and then but that can be anything like ISP/Downloads etc which is hard to tell. Before the patch it was hell trying to walk about / interact. At least you are now not rubberbanding from one side to the other side. 

I have tried a good 10+ servers from UK and other euro servers.

Good job.

You guy's have slowed way down on updates.. 

Some updates are larger / take more work then the last. Patience, young padiwan.