Sign in to follow this  
Denzje

Can't play DayZ anymore

So since this "fix" for the rubberbanding, which i never had but now after this "fix" i have it, it just became impossible to play the game for me.

I was looting a jail (military building with this prison cell) and suddenly rubberbanded into the house and was caught. I'm not in a good mood today, so i quit the game. After some hours now i wanted to give it a shot and maybe i could rubberband myself out of there, but nope the game hates me.

After joining any server this happens

Just this screen, i can hear people reloading or whatever it is, i hear the coast and the water, but i can just see this screen.

TL;DR

I can't play the game atm due to a fix for a bug which i never had and the fix for the bug needs to be fixed now. 

DayZ Alpha ikr, still how can this happen?

Can someone tell me how i can reset my character (would be the 3rd time i lose my character to random bullshit and bugs, but i don't really care #alpha)

no rant, i'm not mad, just wanted to share what just happened
Edited by Denzje
  • Like 1

Hello there

Please use the search function for many solutions on how to get unstuck or out of buildings.

Rdgs

LoK

These are all issues that are known about and currently being worked on, right now at this moment in fact. :)

This happens to me too , i am waiting for 40mins to die , and respawn a new character ..

So since this "fix" for the rubberbanding, which i never had but now after this "fix" i have it, it just became impossible to play the game for me.

I was looting a jail (military building with this prison cell) and suddenly rubberbanded into the house and was caught. I'm not in a good mood today, so i quit the game. After some hours now i wanted to give it a shot and maybe i could rubberband myself out of there, but nope the game hates me.

After joining any server this happens

Just this screen, i can hear people reloading or whatever it is, i hear the coast and the water, but i can just see this screen.

TL;DR

I can't play the game atm due to a fix for a bug which i never had and the fix for the bug needs to be fixed now. 

DayZ Alpha ikr, still how can this happen?

Can someone tell me how i can reset my character (would be the 3rd time i lose my character to random bullshit and bugs, but i don't really care #alpha)

no rant, i'm not mad, just wanted to share what just happened

For the graphical issue did you try hitting tab and brining up your inventory menu. Sometimes when you join a server the graphics get a little wacky and you have to hit tab and they will go back to normal. I've never had issues w/ rubberbanding before or after the latest patch so sorry about that mate. Could it possibly be your internet that's doing it? Just an idea. Either way good luck.

Hello there

Please use the search function for many solutions on how to get unstuck or out of buildings.

Rdgs

LoK

mate, im not stuck i CAN'T do anything, I'm just not stuck, i can't even play

if you move crouched the rubber thingy is minimal ;) not a solution but at least no more teleporting to mars.

Edited by whothehellishe

the funny part is, i never had rubberbanding, i just had the first time ever and instantly this happened to me

i never had problems with RB until yesterday, sometimes its worse than the alpha version!! What they been doong all year..

So in other words, i can't play dayz anymore? i have to buy the game again or wait for a character wipe?

For the past 48 hours the game has played better for me than ever.  Smooth as can be, zero lag or rubberbanding.  Framerates are top notch.  (I think some framerate issues are tied to a memory leak).

As far as falling through floors, make sure you go prone and try to crawl out of every side of the building.  Happened to a buddy of mine and myself at the same time.  We found a spot we could get out of crawling prone.

So in other words, i can't play dayz anymore? i have to buy the game again or wait for a character wipe?

If you can't kill yourself via zombie/fall/etc then yes you will be there until there is a character wipe or you can escape from whatever you're stuck in.

Edit: Or leave the game open and let yourself die of thirst.

Edited by mkoval

I've had tons of rubberbanding and lag after the last update, but never I have gotten stuck inside of a building. yet

did you try deleting local content and installing fresh?

your screenshot looks like a bugged login screen, i had similar interface issue once but blindly clicked where i knew the menu was supposed to be and the next reload fixed it for me.

Opt out of beta experimental build if you are running that.

^ this

You are most likely running the experimental build, update back to normal like this

To make sure you are on the released build rather than the experimental go to steam, right click dayz>properties>betas>and select None opt out of all beta programs

then local files and verify integrity of game cache to make sure it updates.