crazyandlazy

So people getting kicked and banned by Battleeye are hackers?

Seeing a lot of people being kicked. Saw one or two that go ban with #12323 (number). Are these hackers in the aplha?

The #123323 Is a section of their GUID. that means they are now permabanned.

• Like 1

its cause of antihack, u see dean clever man, he release alpha for hackers to enjoy for 2 week make them all cozey and settled in then in update without warning puts in battle eye all banned and us people free of there cruel grasp :)

• Like 40

its cause of antihack, u see dean clever man, he release alpha for hackers to enjoy for 2 week make them all cozey and settled in then in update without warning puts in battle eye all banned and us people free of there cruel grasp :)

Let it snow.

• Like 13

I was under the impression, valve steam anti hack was the only one who had the autoritizy to ban customers.

more over, not everyone in jail is guilty, the same principle could apply to someone caught in lag, and being convicted and sentenced to a ban, because battle eye thought they were wall hacking...

considering the bugs in this "alpha" I believe many innocents will be caught up, and then angry they paid money to support a product only to get banned by the judge and jury, battle eye

Edited by humberto

I remember on the 12th day of Christmas(standalone) I found a hacker with 2 servants made me play games with him he touched me in places I cant even speak of, he even took my banana, worst day of my life

• Like 9

I was under the impression, valve steam anti hack was the only one who had the autoritizy to ban customers.

more over, not everyone in jail is guilty, the same principle could apply to someone caught in lag, and being convicted and sentenced to a ban, because battle eye thought they were wall hacking...

considering the bugs in this "alpha" I believe many innocents will be caught up, and then angry they paid money to support a product only to get banned by the judge and jury, battle eye

Hello there

This is not how BE works.

BE is quite a nice little tool. Im glad it's in.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 11

Out of personal interest,why do many people consider Battleye to be a bad protection? 

• Like 1

Out of personal interest,why do many people consider Battleye to be a bad protection? 

because it failed HORRIBLY during the mod...

if it wasnt for 3rd party anti hacks, dayz mod would be unplayable, because hackers would not be stopped...

third party anti hack cost more then the game itself now...., go figure

Edited by humberto

if it wasnt for 3rd party anti hacks, dayz mod would be unplayable, because hackers would not be stopped...

Just because something is called battleye you have no idea what the capabilities are of the software. Obviously alot of the new bannies didn't either.

• Like 2

Ummmm no,the problem with the DayZ mod was the whole game allowed scripting was built on it...

Most of the things you seen in the mod was scripting nothing more...

I wish players would learn the diff between the 2...

Edited by babypuncher71

Im still confused, I thought dayz was VAC anti hack is it both or just battle eye?

Seeing a lot of people being kicked. Saw one or two that go ban with #12323 (number). Are these hackers in the aplha?

Yes, there are known hacks for DayZ SA.  The DayZ team is fully aware of this and taking steps to address it.

There are already many recent threads on known haxxor forums where players are crying about being banzzored.  Customer support on those sites that publish game hacks consists of other hackers laughing at you for getting banned.

Yes, there are known hacks for DayZ SA.  The DayZ team is fully aware of this and taking steps to address it.

There are already many recent threads on known haxxor forums where players are crying about being banzzored.  Customer support on those sites that publish game hacks consists of other hackers laughing at you for getting banned.

lol what a friendly community that must be!

I remember on the 12th day of Christmas(standalone) I found a hacker with 2 servants made me play games with him he touched me in places I cant even speak of, he even took my banana, worst day of my life

Never mind real life.....what happened in the game?

The Arma engine, written as a milsim thus not geared toward worrying about exploiters, takes a whole lot of liberties with the whole 'client-server' relationship thing, and works in ways that are basically an exploiter's dream. Note that I say 'exploit' not 'hack' because most 'hacks' are not really hacks, they're just taking advantage of a glaring design defect, as opposed to actually engineering a clever way to get their instruction set completed.

In most video games, the server is god, and the client is just a little dude that runs around and asks the server if he can do things, or tells the server that something is happening to him. The server is the boss and decides what is actually going on. In Arma it's nearly the opposite, and the client can often just literally assert that something has happened to it, or that it is currently interacting with something, therefore it must exist, therefore it exists for everyone. The architecture is just vastly different, as I understand it, this is part of the reason the game is able to be as vast as it is.

Honestly, probably most of what the dev team spent their time on last year  was recoding the entire engine to be more secure/traditional while keeping as much of the large scale functionality as possible.

Edited by fig0451
  • Like 5

No. Read up on how they actually work. BE isn't going to ban you for rubber-banding or being teleported through a wall due to lag. It's a very thorough and mature system. If you get banned by it, then you can be sure that you got off lightly.

So, kids: Don't cheat. Stay in school, and drugs are bad.