bahhh

Eliminate M107 and AS50

Yes, remove the sniper rifles. They don't add anything of value to the game just frustration.

Yes, remove the sniper rifles. They don't add anything of value to the game just frustration.

And frustration leads to tears, and tears lead to more patches!

I would prefer these weapons not get removed until I shoot someone with them. I already go the ammo but v.v

Well it's not like rocket and devs read the suggestion forum anymore anyways.

Dude you didn't get my point.

AS50 and M107 is a seriously overpowered weapon to use in DayZ.

I'm not saying that the owner gets immortal, but there should be a risk in banditry.

Yes there's a risk to everything.

But AS50 and M107 really doesn't have any zombie risk if the owner knows how to use it.

And when that is happening i'm 100% sure that the owner isn't killing for loot.

That very same bandit will probably want to loot whoever he just killed. That bandit also has to have ways of obtaining food.

There is ALWAYS some amount of risk.

I've only ever been sniped once, by any sniper, in this game after two weeks of playing. The one time I did get sniped I was ontop of the school in elektro and deserved every bit of it.

Dont take away snipers. Just take away the thermo sights and the 1 shot anywhere snipers. The M24 and other snipers are fine and add to the suspense of the game. It is much more rewarding to get loot and get out knowing that you are taking a huge risk. Without these snipers the game is too easy. Zombies are retarded AI and they are too easy to even get me scared. Snipers are much more scary.

Its totally fine that the game has some high-end weapons.. It should have rare stuff like that. When the game is a sandbox and lacks other goals, at least having some rare loot works as a goal.

And yes, the sniper rifles really serve no other sensible purpose in the game but to kill other players.

And I basically never go sniping myself or even generally pick up the sniper rifles even if I find one (because they are useless when I run around cities and have to pop the zeds I aggro or players at close combat) - so I'm not talking from the point of a sniper bandit. And I sometimes get sniped, but mostly only when I'm too bored and get totally careless.

I think the issue is just that the "rare" aspect is not really working in the game that well. For one, the mag re-fill on reconnect, etc... It totally defeats any point of having a rare ammo type. Add the duping, server hopping / high end loot farming to that (and DC to cheat death and loss of the stuff), and the overpowered weapon that should be limited by ammo availability (and thus make you consider if you waste a bullet or not) in reality is a shoot everyone you get a chance to shoot weapon, ammo is not of that much concern. (As long as you don't simply waste them on the constantly respawning zeds)

At least the ammo usage related bugs and duping exploits should be fixed, but without adding some silly artificial limitations, I doubt it is ever possible to really limit the accumulation of the high end weapons and ammo to those who systematically hog them. Yet, I think the game should have that high end gear, regardless of the great inbalance it brings. As long as those weapons are aquired fairly and used fairly. No ammo exploits and such applied. Rare is supposed to be rare.

Edited by mrducky

If a gun exists and there is any background of how it got to chernarus in current time (like Crashed British helis) It should be in the game and have the exact properties it has IRL

i understand finding anti material rifle in military base: they had some in their possession before apocalypse.

but finding this in a heli crash site, seems dumb. why would some take this in a heli that goes to area invaded by zombies to drop supplies/evac civilians? taking assault rifle, machine gun, shotgun or even sniper rifle(NOT AMR) seems more logical, even explosives makes more sense.

real properties, huh? guns do have other properties then damage: weight, recoil, noise, size.

it would be fun to watch people with AMR`s when weight(with affected handling of weapon by it) will be implemented.

Edited by Frozen

In my opinion AS50 and M107 are an overkill and with the today's game mechanics, OP. But i think that they should be in game with much less chance to respawn. Today they are not that hard to find. Just see the outfit of most snipers.

To solve all snipers with AS50, add a weight and bulk to the equipment. An AS50 is very big, less manageable and weights 12.2 kg with no scope and empty mags. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accuracy_International_AS50

NO, i asked about why you would need an anti-material rifle.

Perfect overwatch gun? NO, it has the same optics with other sniper rifles.

Think about the setting.

You're in a zombie apocalypse and you find yourself an anti-material rifle? uhh.. i don't know about that.

But yes, there could be some special forces coming in for quarantine and stuff, but for immersion sake.

I sometimes confuse myself if i'm playing Arma 2 or DayZ

Yes you are right about the freedom of choice.

But there should be limits on what player wants.

You just can't put a BMP just because people want it.

The L85A2 got deleted due to the recent patch.

Why do you think that happened?

It was breaking the balance.

I know AS50 isn't that big deal like the L85, but in my opinion, it is a huge immersion breaker and both balance breaker.

When a sniper take a shot, M24 doesn't make an insta kill.

But it will certainly knock him out.

Then there will be this moment for the sniper where he would have to choose to kill or spare the life.

That's what i highly value.That's what i want.

AS50 and M107 just insta kill a person, it takes away that decision and it just takes away the emotion.

That's why i want it removed

NO.

Trust me, if you have a sniper rifle in your hands and you take the shot on a player, you want them dead. There is no way a sniper would shoot a player, knock him/her out, and then spare their lives. I wouldn't do it, and a very small % of players would. Im the sniper for my team armed with an AS50. When i shoot at a player, i want them to die, instantly. Not have them knocked out so i have the opportunity to show mercy, it would only cause frustration of me firing another round into them. The guns would exist in a real apocalypse, so they should exist in the game. Snipers shoot to kill, not wound.

What are the chances of "you" finding such a gun in a zombie apocalypse? 50 caliber sniper rifle is retarded. The M24 or similars would be more likely as well as hunting rifles not a 50 cal sniper rifle. They need to add more russian military weapons and get rid of the 50 cal and anti material rifle. Even though I hate those weapons I think the priority would be to get rid of thermo sighted guns completely.

What are the chances of "you" finding such a gun in a zombie apocalypse? 50 caliber sniper rifle is retarded. The M24 or similars would be more likely as well as hunting rifles not a 50 cal sniper rifle. They need to add more russian military weapons and get rid of the 50 cal and anti material rifle. Even though I hate those weapons I think the priority would be to get rid of thermo sighted guns completely.

Chances of finding anti material rifles in the middle of a once war ravaged state? More likely than you would think.

Everything kills you so fast that M107 really isn't much more powerful than say a DMR... It depends on how much 'overkill' you want, because the only thing that can't kill you is the makaroni...

Well don't forget you are playing Day Z which is built on Arma 2's engine. So it's not Call of Duty, you can't survive multiple assault rifle bullets to the chest and arms.

And what might that amazing story that you're so willing to enlighten us about be? Because all the website says is that it's a post-apocalyptic world.

Chernarus is a previous miltiary active area in Russia. So yeah, id expect some spec ops group that had been killed in the woods by the infection, or infected (or possibly a mad man with a gun) to drop his gun in a barn out in the woods. It makes sense.

I do agree sniper rifles are extremely strong in DayZ but I don't think you need to remove them from the game. I would like to see less of them though. Not sure how rare they are but they should be extremely rare. maybe the rarest thing in the game. ammo should be equally rare making anyone who had one count every bullet they use.

These guns are for pussies. They have no risk in using them. Everything should have risks in dayz. You need some tradeoff between power and risk. As it stands now these guns have only power.

all zeds 450m around you will merge toward you and try to eat your brain. The ammos are rare too., they are not overpowered (and you can't really use them indoors)

Oh, to the genius situating Chernarus in Russia: Chernarus is in Czech Republik (central europe).

Problem is duping.

Cloning both weapons and ammo.

Not mention refiling magazines.It need to be fixed.

So thanks to that they are not rare. Actually any wannabe sniper get AS50 or M107 sooner or later even if they are not cloning it.

Mostly because most of cloners have low skill and take stupid risk(coz they don't risk anything really) so they die often and leave stuff behind.

These guns needs some offset like:

They are big so no way you can fit one in the backpack. So you wanna move with it? Sure but you will be running with big fucking flag pole in hands.

Compared to other weapons they are heavy. So your running speed is lower than other guy with M24 for example..

They are big and heavy thus setup(change positions or aiming) take more time.

Also ammo should be rarer and weapon should be hard to find. It will be nice if you can only get ammo in the barracks or helicrashes - it will force the campers to run from Cherno to airfield with the big guns in their hands(or send their friends).

Actually there was area called Czarna Rus(Black Rus) in history - it was are on territory of Poland and Belarus.

Also Chernarus can be a Montenegro(Black Mountain or Czarno Góra) the country on Balkan on Adriatic coast.

I dont think they should be removed from the game. They are anti material rifles and they can be used to take down vehicles or aircraft really good. I would like to see the feature of putting a second primary weapon in the backpack slot instead of a backpack. So you can quickly change your weapons in the fight.

its the perfect weapon for looting , kill a player , take all you need and then repeat. No dicking about inside barracks or getting hassled by zeds.

Edited by Guest

IRL you will never be able to shoot 50-cal rifle while standing or sitting because of its huge weight (15-30 kg) and recoil after shot. No living man can effectively shoot 50-cal rifles without.lying down.

So the simple change is to make it possible to shoot from any 50 cal rifle only while lying down.

I'm talking only about realism, not balance issues.

They can shoot a .50 standing and don't fall over from the recoil, you just have to have enough pudding in your arms.

So many valid points in this thread..

Oh wait..

*Aim's my AS50 towards the OP - Im not even gonna bother looting you after this shot*

*Slips round into barrel, locks it in, zeroes in...pffft...*

Not even worth it.. I would understand removing L85's, but the .50cals?

Butthurt he is terrible and lack the sens of gameplay it requires to take out anyone above his own level.