bahhh

Eliminate M107 and AS50

I don't think these guns fit with the mood of this mod.

Also, these guns doesn't really have the purpose for killing or scouting zombies. It's MAINLY PvP weapon.

I'm not saying PvP is bad, but these guns really breaks the balance because they can shoot so far away without aggroing a single zombie.

• Like 1

That's why they're hard to be found.

I wouldn't put a M1A1 abrahams and say the same thing:D

Abrams you mean. And.. why does that make sense when we're talking about snipers that you have 0,01 per cent of chance to get and tanks? Wow.. I won't even waste my time. Whatever you say.

Dude you didn't get my point.

AS50 and M107 is a seriously overpowered weapon to use in DayZ.

I'm not saying that the owner gets immortal, but there should be a risk in banditry.

Yes there's a risk to everything.

But AS50 and M107 really doesn't have any zombie risk if the owner knows how to use it.

And when that is happening i'm 100% sure that the owner isn't killing for loot.

overpowered? yes, but no more so than other rifles. It has a HUGE pull for zeds and finite ammo. Make the ammo more rare if you like, up the noise

I like how you all think that just because something is rare makes it balanced. If there was a mobile nuclear weapon that had .00000001% chance of spawning, it would be balanced, right? No, that's idiotic. Just because something is rare or hard to get doesn't make it balanced. Second, these night vision items, the NVG and the guns that come with something like NV, aren't even realistically placed in the game. You expect to find special ops equipment in the middle of backcountry Russia? Sure you could argue that you might find some nice automatic weapons, but you're seriously not going to find special ops style guns. This isn't Tom Clancy's Post-Apocalyptic Zombie Diaries, it's the middle of nowhere in Russia.

These guns don't have any place in the game and make it piss poor easy once you get them at night compared to the hell it is beforehand. The only thing people think makes them balanced or realistic for some reason is that they're rare, when they're actually too rare to even be in the game's setting.

• Like 5

You expect to find special ops equipment in the middle of backcountry Russia? Sure you could argue that you might find some nice automatic weapons' date=' but you're seriously not going to find special ops style guns. This isn't Tom Clancy's Post-Apocalyptic Zombie Diaries, it's the middle of nowhere in Russia.

[/quote']

You obviously don't know rocket's "story" for the game and why crashed helicopters appear.

You expect to find special ops equipment in the middle of backcountry Russia? Sure you could argue that you might find some nice automatic weapons' date=' but you're seriously not going to find special ops style guns. This isn't Tom Clancy's Post-Apocalyptic Zombie Diaries, it's the middle of nowhere in Russia.

[/quote']

You obviously don't know rocket's "story" for the game and why crashed helicopters appear.

And what might that amazing story that you're so willing to enlighten us about be? Because all the website says is that it's a post-apocalyptic world.

Wow Champloo, you have a personal vendetta against everything bandit don't you? Long range rifles, NV of any kind, whatever you think is like "a nuke".

Did you get shot one too many times? If you don't like the game, you don't have to play it.

I say those stay. We might as well nerf all guns to revolver and winchester and recreate Wild West.

This game offers loads of fun, but gets quite routine sometimes. Getting your hands on some beautiful weapon is one of the few things that break boredom for sure.

Those so called "OP" weapons have several weaknesses:

1) Limited ammo ( it will be even more limited, when magazine refilling on re-joining will be fixed on Monday)

2) Small % of spawning ( combine it with small % of spawning/finding heli crash site)

3) MASSIVE hostility increase from another players - every1 wants a gun like that.

I agree that the spawn rate of guns and ammo is irrelevant. In the short run, yes, it has an impact. In the long run, organized groups will have farmed the loot drops to the point where they have this stuff stashed away in vehicles and tents to the point of stupidity.

Relying on spawn rate to 'balance' something is idiotic and completely unreliable. It's like adding an overpowered, expensive item to an MMO and expecting the price to balance it. See: CCP and supercapitals in EVE Online.

I haven't come across these weapons one way or the other yet, so I won't pass judgement, but if you can't come up with any arguments for them except the drop rate of them and their ammunition, then I can say immediately that something is wrong.

Noob is complaing about balancing. Rocket himself said that balancing in this would serve no purpose other than to destroy what he aims to build. Got a problem with others having big toys and NVGs, i hate to tell you that you will have to deal with it until you find your own and finally understand that NVGs are only truly useful if your using an assault rifle or the DMR.

I've had an M107 for the past three days and still haven't shot somebody with it. I don't get why the M107 and AS50 seem to equal bandit weapons for you. Sure, I'd love to blast out an engine block on a car or blast somebody with it, but I'm not going to unless I am provoked to do so. Then when that time comes, they better pray that I miss, or they kill me first.

Honestly I have a Barret. And in practical terms its not much different to a DMR or even a CZ550.

The draw view distance in Dayz is limited by the haze. And all of those weapons will put a target down in one shot most of the time.

The DMR also is the only sniper rifle that can be used with NVG and the ammo is plentiful.

The Barret has more disadvantages than advantages I think. For one it turns you into a walking radio mast. Think your hidden ? Nope there's a 6ft long gun sticking out of the bush your hiding in. And its insanely loud.

I like how you all think that just because something is rare makes it balanced. If there was a mobile nuclear weapon that had .00000001% chance of spawning' date=' it would be balanced, right? [/quote']

does anyone else kinda like this idea? i mean seriously, it sounds epic.

• Like 2

Everything kills you so fast that M107 really isn't much more powerful than say a DMR... It depends on how much 'overkill' you want, because the only thing that can't kill you is the makaroni...

This wouldn't be such a big deal if people would stop duping all their shit or

cheating to obtain something which should be extremely rare in the game.

• Like 1

This thread is implying everyone who has a long range weapon can effectively use it at distances greater than 300m.

seriously LOL at the people crying about "balance" or "OP".

Wrong game for whinging about that stuff. Off you go back to whatever.

This game isnt meant to be "balanced". It never will be. Real life isnt "balanced" and this mod is based on a game aimed at realism.

This wouldn't be such a big deal if people would stop duping all their shit or

cheating to obtain something which should be extremely rare in the game.

Oh yes, I totally cheated when I picked up my M107 at Stary Sober... Just because somebody has a rare weapon or rare equipment doesn't mean they cheated.

I do hope they fix the item duplicating though. They've already been working on the ammo duplication within the inventory, hopefully next thing will be item duplication from tents and vehicles. All they really need to do is make the tent or vehicle save any time you look into it and/or add/remove items from it. Problem solved.

IR needs nerf, I think. Someone with long-range rifle and IR means that someone without IR is chanceless. These weapons, however, are not OP. Hard to come by, rare ammunition, hard to hit with, semi-auto etc. They are fine, I think.

That's why they're hard to be found.

saw a truck with 5 people in the back, all had ghillies and 50 cal...