bahhh

Eliminate M107 and AS50

Yes learn to adjust to players sitting a kilometer away sniping you... Tip of the day... :-D

I've never even seen that thing after visiting the barracks 8 times. Heck, i only found one mag for it on all those trips. In my experience, it really can't be overpowered if 2.6 percent of people actually have one. Besides, the CZ550 kills in one shot too, so what's the big difference?

I don't think these guns fit with the mood of this mod.

Also, these guns doesn't really have the purpose for killing or scouting zombies. It's MAINLY PvP weapon.

I'm not saying PvP is bad, but these guns really breaks the balance because they can shoot so far away without aggroing a single zombie.

There are plenty of dumbed down games out there for you. This is not your game. Nor will it ever be. Move along.

If there was a mobile nuclear weapon that had .00000001% chance of spawning, it would be balanced, right? No, that's idiotic.
Why would you even say about a nuclear weapon like that? That would be completely idiotic to do that with a sniper like that you can counter snipe, I normally kill players for loot, so they lose their shit and I have the advantage over them ( call it for fun if you wan't )

Is not that hard to find an AS50 or M107... they are not sufficient rare and are an overkill at this moment. But if there's a BIG thing to kill, then we could have a role to them. Maybe a Mammoth Zombie :lol:

I stopped reading after the 2nd page, but for everyone saying ammo needs to be more rare I say it'll probably be fine once you can't refill mags through relogging.

We'll see once the cheats and bugs are weeded out.

(1) Existance of Military Weapons

Maybe, just maybe, they should be a little more rare. Since it appears nearly every player is able to find military loot. It should be something far more unique, far harder to find. It's the top tier weaponry, the best defense you can get and it's rare, god it's rare. Military areas should be better guarded, as they would, and military zombies with their heavy armor shouldn't be as easy to kill as others.

I would definitely like to see a change in the frequency of military-grade equipment, depending on the intended 'backstory' to who your character is (i.e. just some Joe Schmoe civilian fighting to survive, or scattered military personnel fighting to survive). Your everyday civilian wouldn't know the proper procedures to load, maintain, or properly control a M240 or M249. Your everyday military member wouldn't know how to start, maintain, or even fly a helicopter. But that's just a thought.

Realistically though, I'd like to see more emphasis on pistols, rifles, shotguns, maybe even more melee weapons. Make optics something that you'd have to find and attach to a (obviously appropriate) weapon, so that that rare AS50 or M107 that you do find may have had it's optics busted off, adding just one more step to justify it's top-notch killing power. (I'd also like to see the Winchester converted back to a .45 carbine, but add a new lever-action shotgun, and make all shotgun rounds interchangeable...)

I believe that the issue with so-called "overpowered" weapons is as good as it will get at this time. and that removing weapons would be a step in the wrong direction. The reason the AS50 and the M107 exist in the game is because they exist in real life. "Why would you need the M107?" Why not? It's not designed to be used as a one-shot, one-kill rifle, it's designed to disable vehicles. Whatever someone chooses to do with it, though, is their choice. If they went through hell and back to get an M107, they sure as hell would want to use it however they choose.

Consider this: A pocket of survivors set up an overwatch on top of a building and lie in ambush for a bandit vehicle to come rolling down the highway. Poor little vehicle is met by two well-placed shots by the M107 to disable it, while one or two others with scoped rifles pin down/eliminate the bandits. Reason for disabling the vehicle and not just blasting the driver? So that some sneaky bandit can't make a 'quick' escape in the vehicle, or take it on a suicide run into your camp. Once the bandits are dead, you send your little clean-up crew to 1) scavenge the bodies for supplies, 2) repair the truck, 3) bring it back to your camp. OR, if you want to be a bandit, then just swap instances of survivor and bandit. Now you have a scenario where a group of organized bandits ambush a survivor truck and steal their stuff.

However you want to look at it, these "overpowered" weapons are just weapons. They don't make you invincible, they don't win the game for you, they don't ruin the game for everyone that doesn't have them.

• Like 1

pvp shouldn't be about who has the better gun, it's about tactics, awareness, strategy, and positioning.

I feel like if one person has all 4 of those things, it doesnt matter what gun he has. Case in point: I was nearly killed 2 days ago. I had sniped someone with the AS50 and went in to loot the body. I wanted the kill to get some loot and not just kill for the sake of it, even though I shouldn't have gone in; I was attacked by a second man at 100m with a Makarov who nearly killed me due to his awareness and my lack temporary lack of it.

And you still don't get it - the M9 is not a military weapon, although it is used by them sometimes. It was designed as a universal sidearm by Berretta. The M109 on the other hand, was designed exclusively for military use, as an anti-material rifle, then laws were changed to allow people to own one in certain places.

Uhhh... actually, the M9 is EXACTLY a military side arm... it's the military spec of the Beretta 92F/92FS....

And if by "used by them sometimes" you mean the primary sidearm of the United States Armed Forces since 1990 then okay =(

Yes learn to adjust to players sitting a kilometer away sniping you... Tip of the day... :-D

Yes, and why not? Care to explain?

Help me understand. Why can't you use low walls, rocks, and buildings for cover? Why can't you study the terrain and travel laterally along hillsides and slopes to protect your flank? Why can't you read the map and minimize your time in the open by crossing fields and clearings only at their most narrow point? Why can't you travel almost exclusively in the forest? Why can't you move in a zig-zag pattern when you are in the open, minimizing a player's ability to snipe you? Why can't you play on servers with nametags and map waypoints disabled so players cannot effectively range you on short notice? Why can't you acquire a vehicle so you are a faster target, harder to hit and with more protection from shells?

I have to say, Lumber, I am unsurprised to find you in this thread. In one breath you're calling for punishments for bandits and in another I find you asking for the big bad nasty guns to be removed so you don't have to worry your pretty little head about getting shot quite so often.

You need to grow a fucking pair, son. Or ovaries if you're a lady.

You need new sexual organs is what I'm saying.

As to the topic at hand, it's all bullshit. If you follow this rationale to its logical conclusion we will all be using slingshots. It's ridiculous. If the guns are so fucking awesome, go and get one and you can rule the world too! Like magic, right? Asinine tripe.

You're right the military uses the M9 as well, lets remove that too.

That was the bestand most reasonable comment i ever had today. Let's remove all military weapons.

That leaves us with...

Melee Weapons

Crossbows

Sidearms

M9

Light Machine Guns

Shotguns

Sub Machine Guns

Assault Rifles

Sniper Rifles

Rocket Launchers

The weapons that are left look more what's likely to find in that kind of area...and the game could be more fun this way. :)

These guns are overpowered.

Your tactical, situational awareness, understanding of cover are underpowered.

Yeah for $10,000 USD without an optic that will run you a mint and $6 per round of 50. BMG. The M107 is not as common as a firearm as you imply it is. Most gunstores won't even maintain one in stock.

The M107 is a military rifle. Civvies can own it, but it was designed for military reasons.

That said, it's definitely not the only 50BMG out there. No, not all gun shops have a M107 because they won't sell, but other 50BMG variants do and don't cost anywhere near 10k. You can get one for around 2000.

Having an anti-material rifle that reaches out and touches someone isn't that much different than having a CZ550 or DMR. Any large caliber rifle with a good scope you can snipe with. One shot center mass is the end of whatever you hit.

I do it in real life with a bolt action 270 Winchester @ 400 yards.

Removing the ability to snipe(and having a primary that is 100% useless at medium/close combat) doesn't fix anything. If someone is patient enough or skilled enough to sit 800 meters from a target and hit a moving target at that range, they deserve the kill. It's not exactly easy.

Regardless of whether the weapons are over powered, too common, whatever. IMHO these weapons are out of place in this game. I would go as far as adding the DMR to this as well. The most fitting sniper rifles in this game are the M24 and the CZ.

Afaik the CZ550 is a civilian class hunting rifle ArmAwise. And please don't call every scoped rifle a sniper rifle.

That and maybe the SVD should be the end of the stick in the high powered scoped rifle section in this region. I don't know what US or UK weapons and vehicles have lost here anyway...i bet they have their own Z problem in their own country atm.

Edited by Enforcer

I cant see why its so unreasonable to find military weapons on a map like this considering there is a vast ammount of military vehicles littered all over.

I would assume that in the event of a zombie appocalypse, the armed forces and other millitary assets would be deployed to combat the deadites, evacuate civilians and so forth, and ofc, when thair sieged citys and camps get overrun alot of equipment is left behind and lost.

It makes sense to me.

All you people saying its op this game is meant to be realistic in real life you wouldn't go OMG so cheap he killed me with such a good gun i couldn't of beaten him its better than everything else. it dosn't matter your dead.

I don't think "balance" has ever been a worry for the dev team, the game is ment to be brutally unfair.

I agree with OP.

They don't fit the mood of the mod and DON'T have any logical disadvantages.

I mean they are heavy and big and still you can run easily with them or fit them in backpack.

Also duping.

I meet few high tech groups and everyone and their grandpa and dog have it. The same apply for thermal gun.

So make it don't fit the backpack - seriously its logical. You need then rely on side arm or teammates for close defense.

Make owner run and move slower.

Increase the setup and aim time.

Or remove them. It is more simple. Add more bolt action and hunting rifles.

My 2 Cent...

Everything is fine with those weapons!

Only problem is definitely "DUPING". I never get shot by a Anti-Material Rifle, so its must be still rare in use.

But retarded Clans who duping GPS/NVs and every good weapons 20x for their clan mates is the real problem... pussies... and go to cerno to hunt respawned players is there shit...right..pussies...?!

Rapuffel, there's only 1 line in your message that has a connection with the subject.

And no disavantage? When you shoot those gun, every zeds in 450m will run toward you. People saying that they are overpowered are just stupid friendlies who never got the DC frustration (you shoot the guy, he DC to avoid death).

Plus, how are you going to stop a vehicule without an anti-materiel rifle? Seriously, go ahead, stop that ural with your ak74, go ahead, i'm watching.

This gun belongs to this game. They have mutiple goal. Maybe get rid of te M107 (10 rounds semi auto) and put the AMR-2 instead (chinese .50 cal, but bolt action, 5 rounds/ clip)

If a gun exists and there is any background of how it got to chernarus in current time (like Crashed British helis) It should be in the game and have the exact properties it has IRL. Fuck balance, thats for RTS, Fighters and the like, this is a simulation. Stop making retarded comparisons to tanks and nukes, that makes absolutely no sense. There is no such thing as "this gun doesn't belongs to this mod". At best "This gun doesn't belongs to Chernarus"

• Like 2

All "Overpowered weapons"-retards, get the fuck out of here.

If a sniper kills you, then you fucking suck.

Don't run in open fields, don't waltz around in Cherno thinking it should be safe.

Forward to 1:40

There is nothing to be balanced in this mod except the zeds.

Edited by Tiaitchsi

Taking away these guns would destroy the immersion of DayZ

Its about potentially getting shot, at any point at any time from anywhere.

This is what builds the tension about going into cherno, if you remove them then less risk, less reward, less fun.