bahhh

Eliminate M107 and AS50

And what was that you said about attempting to change someone's opinion?

I said don't bother. I just pointed out the ridiculousness of comparing one persons idea of removing a weapon he feels is unbalanced to a bunch of liberal arts majors squatting at a public park in New York. Its like comparing someone wanting to remove or hinder bandits from the game to being a Waffen SS commando wanting to remove jews from Europe.

Perhaps. I still feel it's an appropriate comparison, in that a number of less well experience and less equipped players are proposing that the "elites" should simply be disarmed by some magical third entity (here, the devs, Occupy...the government? I don't Even know who they intend to be their actor) instead of putting forth the effort to equal them on their own terms.

What are the chances of finding a 50 cal in this setting? Just get rid of them both. I agree 100%. There are enough snipers out there.

Ok..I didn't though this would make this much attention.

Thank you guys for your discussions.

I'll post my opinion about this.

First of all, I'm not whining because i died by a sniper or anything. Please don't make assumptions. I'm actually a user of those guns and i'm putting my opinion based on my experience.

The reason i don't want these guns isn't really because of it's pvp factor.

There are already really great sniper rifles such as M24 and SVD.

But it seems that those guns are rarer than as50s and such.

Just think for yourself, why would we need anti-material rifles?

These guns are too powerful it doesn't make the gameplay experience any better.

It's like putting a single tank and saying it's rare.

Of course m107 and as50 are in a grayer area than the tank,

but for overall gameplay experience sake(which matters most) do we need those?

We don't not need them, we just need to make the others more prevalent. For one, even though they themselves are restricted in terms of spawn rate, I've found M107 rounds in a FACTORY. As opposed to an SVD magazine, which is the designated marksman rifle of the Chernarussian military, but I've never physically seen one with my own eyes.

God I swear, people will not be happy until they can run around with makarov's and shoot people. Freaking Lee Enfield is 1 shot 1 kill on players but you don't see people whining about it now do you? Wonder why that is? Because it's not loot specific to the northern areas of the map. People are going to whine about shit right up to the point everything is common pool and it spawns everywhere.

Lemme explain something to you about the M107. It's a 1 shot sniper rifle, it has a low spawn chance, the ammo is semi-common and it's LOUD AS HELL. I mean, EXTREMELY LOUD, like loud enough to pull every zombie within 500 meters of you on the NW airfield. It has a semi slow reload rate and the only wonderful factor for it is you have a lot of distance on it. What makes it unfair? Seriously?

I want to see legit arguements about what makes the M107 and AS50 overpowered? Why because you were sitting in the middle of Cherno with a flare in your hand and someone shot you with it? That's not overpowered, that's you being stupid.

The only, ONLY weapon I had a problem with is the L85 AWS, everything else is fine. Get out of cherno and get better at the game before you whine about shit.

God I swear' date=' people will not be happy until they can run around with makarov's and shoot people. Freaking Lee Enfield is 1 shot 1 kill on players but you don't see people whining about it now do you? Wonder why that is? Because it's not loot specific to the northern areas of the map. People are going to whine about shit right up to the point everything is common pool and it spawns everywhere.

Lemme explain something to you about the M107. It's a 1 shot sniper rifle, it has a low spawn chance, the ammo is semi-common and it's LOUD AS HELL. I mean, EXTREMELY LOUD, like loud enough to pull every zombie within 500 meters of you on the NW airfield. It has a semi slow reload rate and the only wonderful factor for it is you have a lot of distance on it. What makes it unfair? Seriously?

I want to see legit arguements about what makes the M107 and AS50 overpowered? Why because you were sitting in the middle of Cherno with a flare in your hand and someone shot you with it? That's not overpowered, that's you being stupid.

The only, ONLY weapon I had a problem with is the L85 AWS, everything else is fine. Get out of cherno and get better at the game before you whine about shit.

[/quote']

You just ignored my first statement.

I told you this isn't about PvP factor.

And you said it yourself, M107 is a freakin powerful gun that has bunch of side effects.

Then why use it?

Can you tell me why we would need those guns?

PS: If any moderators are looking at this, i think this thread should move to 'general discussion' since it became more of a discussion thread.

1.2km firing distance. IT IS A SNIPER RIFLE. It has a 1km range to it. THIS is why we need it, because it is the perfect overwatch gun in the game other then the AS50. If we're going to nitpick weapons, tell me why there are so many different pistols? Why not just make the game the following weapons :

Makarov

AKM

Alice pack

Beans for food

Coke for drink

Compass

Map

Ta-da! Simple huh? You don't NEED anything else, period. If you pick a few items and say that's all that will spawn, then you NEED nothing else in the game. Give me arguements on why you should need any other item in the game, because good shots with a makarov can 1 shot zombies. Same thing with AKM it 1 shots zeds. Why do you need anything bigger then an alice pack? You don't.

It's about players and what they want, variety and different weapons to fit their playstyle. If you want to micro-analyze everything in the game, 85% of the weapons currently spawning don't NEED to because you don't NEED them.

1.2km firing distance. IT IS A SNIPER RIFLE. It has a 1km range to it. THIS is why we need it, because it is the perfect overwatch gun in the game other then the AS50. If we're going to nitpick weapons, tell me why there are so many different pistols? Why not just make the game the following weapons :

Makarov

AKM

Alice pack

Beans for food

Coke for drink

Compass

Map

Ta-da! Simple huh? You don't NEED anything else, period. If you pick a few items and say that's all that will spawn, then you NEED nothing else in the game. Give me arguements on why you should need any other item in the game, because good shots with a makarov can 1 shot zombies. Same thing with AKM it 1 shots zeds. Why do you need anything bigger then an alice pack? You don't.

It's about players and what they want, variety and different weapons to fit their playstyle. If you want to micro-analyze everything in the game, 85% of the weapons currently spawning don't NEED to because you don't NEED them.

NO, i asked about why you would need an anti-material rifle.

Perfect overwatch gun? NO, it has the same optics with other sniper rifles.

Think about the setting.

You're in a zombie apocalypse and you find yourself an anti-material rifle? uhh.. i don't know about that.

But yes, there could be some special forces coming in for quarantine and stuff, but for immersion sake.

I sometimes confuse myself if i'm playing Arma 2 or DayZ

Yes you are right about the freedom of choice.

But there should be limits on what player wants.

You just can't put a BMP just because people want it.

The L85A2 got deleted due to the recent patch.

Why do you think that happened?

It was breaking the balance.

I know AS50 isn't that big deal like the L85, but in my opinion, it is a huge immersion breaker and both balance breaker.

When a sniper take a shot, M24 doesn't make an insta kill.

But it will certainly knock him out.

Then there will be this moment for the sniper where he would have to choose to kill or spare the life.

That's what i highly value.That's what i want.

AS50 and M107 just insta kill a person, it takes away that decision and it just takes away the emotion.

That's why i want it removed

Remove vehicles, and I'm cool with this.

They're called anti-materiel rifles for a reason.

I agree that it needs to go.

As is you have plenty of weapons that will absolutely cripple a person in one hit, and the only reason i see anyone wanting to keep the AM rifles is because they have it and they enjoy not having to deal with 'disconnects'.

There really isnt a point of having a weapon that will one hit kill someone by tapping their leg (i've done that recently)

As50 and M107 are great to kill DC'ers, and are usefull to pin down cars & other vehicule you want to car-jack. Deal with it, they're not going to be removed

Found my m107 yesterday at à crash site with my friends They told me not to shoot with that is too Loud Please dont listen to these winning COD boys!!

That would be why they are a pain in the arse to find. But no, do NOT take them out.

Why take The m107 ?? Its supposed to be 1 kill shot 50 caliber bullet. make The kill use that kill for gready looting/friends-people make more kills ;)

As50 and M107 are great to kill DC'ers, and are usefull to pin down cars & other vehicule you want to car-jack. Deal with it, they're not going to be removed

. Epic

"I use a weapon in a way prevents any form of retaliation and attack tier 1 players to ensure a one sided fight, but everyone else should stop being a pussy"

Now I see why people want these weapons delisted.

Because players are using effective strategies? Yeah I really hate people who use about stragety.

running with huge 13kg rifle seems fine.

being able to shoot it and still stand seems fine.

LOUD noise also doesnt attract shitloads of zombies also seems fine.

so i dont know why all complains about

Gets my vote. If they are so hard to find, then why does everyone have them as a backup in their backpack...

Edited by LumberBack

Sounds like someone keeps getting killed by snipers...stay outta cherno. Also I have a as50 and I use it to scout towns n stuff. Quit whining

Sounds like someone keeps getting killed by snipers...stay outta cherno. Also I have a as50 and I use it to scout towns n stuff. Quit whining

I shot someone in the chest with my M107, what happend? He went prone and logged out.. so much for being overpowered...

I say; stop complaining about weapons. If the devs listen to all the whiners, every weapon would do same dmg and have the same range and we could all go play COD instead, learn to adjust to the game, not have the game adjust to you.

Obviously some things can be bugged and broken and needs fixing like the scope of the M4A3 CCO (the further away mobs are, the further down you have to aim, shooting at thair feet at 100m to get headshots.. anyone notice that shit?)

they can shoot so far away without aggroing a single zombie.
WHATTTT!!! Are you kidding me? Last time I shot an M107 at Stary Sobor I had the whole village on me, me and my friend had to pull back and use our pistols to kill like 20 to 30 zombies.