scubaman3d

[SA]WeaponZ Survey

I'm curious to see what the results were as well.

• Like 2

Saiga 12

ToS-7

MTs-110

TOZ-34

AK-47

AK-74

RPG-18

RPG-7

Makarov PM.

SVD.

Medved 9.

Chernarus Defense Force weps mainly

I want to see more civilian weapons in the game, less police weapons, and far less military weapons.  Finding a military grade weapon should be like winning the lottery.  I'm also quite perplexed as to why you chose to put the M4 in the game before the AK platform, seeing as how this IS a Russian map and the M4 is an American weapon.  I would also like to see some machine guns as ultra rare spawns.  This would be useful when base building comes into play and defending an area is important.  

Three suggestions I have.  I could care less what weapons you decide to put in this game, as long as it remains balanced according to my prior statement.

1.  Lower caliber guns/ammo more common than high caliber.  For example a .22 caliber is a common home recreation round.  It is cheap and readily available.  In my neck of the woods (not russia) these are incredibly common in both pistol and rifle.  I know a lot of people are complaining about KOS which could be combated somewhat by lower caliber rounds being more common and as such do less damage.  They still could take out an zed in a pinch but wouldn't really be that useful in killing someone (though could get the job done), especially if they are packing more heat.

2.  I dont mind the current spawn rate of firearms as I know the m4 is a placeholder for other items.  What I would like to see is most ammo being rare.  I currently have over 300 rounds of 5.56 and 80 rounds of 7.62.  This is fine in the current state of the game because Melee is a crapshoot.  If melee is improved I would like to see Ammo becoming a scare resource and eventually I would like to see it become somewhat of a currency.  You might be toting a military grade weapon but that ammo you need, well its nowhere to be found!  Better hope you can trade for it!

3.  Ammo types should be utilized based on their actual counter part in the game.  For example the AK47, SKS, and AKM use 7.62x39 and the Mosin uses 7.62x54r ammo.  Both are 7.62mm but have different lengths (and powder weight), the updated ak, the ak-74 uses 5.45x39.  The mp5 uses 9mm, so why couldnt i pop it into my 9mm pistol? seeing how the mp5 is basically a stocked version of a machine pistol.  I'm writing this because of the mod using specific clips and ammo for specific weapons.  I know in the mod the SKS had a specific clip and the ak had one, they are the same ammo.  I would like to see a diverse population of guns and ammo, but I dont want to see it get so specific that it dilutes the spawns/market to oblivion and back. 

Edit: spelling/ideas

I feel lke a troll for this. But you're very wrong, it's NOT a Russian map. It's THE REPUBLIC OF CHERNARUS

Fistly I'd like to see the most practical weapons implemented, like shotguns firstly, then .22 rifles, they would be the most common in the countryside, and quiet too. Then bolt action rifles and some pistols. Assault rifles would be less available. However this is Russia so lets see some AK's and SKS's   > :(

NO THIS IS NOT RUSSIA, DO YOU REALISE RUSSIANS ARE ONLY ALLOWED PEA SHOOTERS AND THE ODD HUNTING GUN

I feel lke a troll for this. But you're very wrong, it's NOT a Russian map. It's THE REPUBLIC OF CHERNARUS

And everyone in the Republic of Chernarus is applauding you right now.

Although it wouldn't fit in much with the setting, a FAMAS rifle would be nice.

• Like 1

I still preferred weapon from year 90's rather than modern (KRISS, MP7, SCAR, etc.) It make me feel more realistic. Besides, this is not United State. Chernarus should not have too many western weapon. Otherwise, DayZ will step closer to FPS game. Such as BF4, CSO and loose all survival part.

Craft-able weapons please.

Bow (wood, rope, needs knife)

arrows (sharpend sticks, needs knife)

Spear (wood, knife, rope-or-rags)

Sling shot (blood bag(rubber tube), sticks)

stone Axe (wood, stone, rope)

Molotov cocktail (bottle, fuel, rags)

and more !!!

Flame thrower (fire extinguisher, fuel, duct tape, matches)  

Jet pack (2x fire extinguishers, backpack empty, duct tape, rope, fuel, matches, ballistic helmet, goggles)

Edited by BL1P
  • Like 1

Jet pack)

for those times when you cant find anything high enough to jump from after spawning on the east coast

CheyTac M200 Intervention (I'd make it ultra rare and ammo is virtually no existent)383491.jpg

Why not? 250px-Shrug.jpg

Edited by TheCalyx

Would probably want an intervention over an AS-50 but... If it's going to be super rare and doesn't serve a vital experimental experience for the devs (weapon attachments) then it doesn't need to be in the game early.

Looking forward to some AK's. Maybe some 100 series?

Also got to have some CZechnology implemented. CZ 75's and their modern variants (SP01, P07, and P09).

This isn't Russia. Its its own Country with its own Gun Laws and Gun variety, but since i always though it was between Russia/Czech republic, i'de assume that weapons from that area would be common there

So here it goes.

SIDEARMS

CZ 83

Caliber: 9mm Makarov

Magazine: 13 (i think?)

Rarity: Common Military/Uncommon Civilian

Desc/Reason: The Cz83 was the Standard sidearm of the Czechoslovakian military. It used the same round as the Makarov PM but had a larger magazine capacity. 

Makarov PM

Magazine: 8

Rarity: Extremely common military, Common Civilian

Desc: you all know the history behind this one

TT33

Caliber: 7.62x25 Tokarev

Rarity: Common Civilian

Desc: The standard sidearm of the Communist Bloc from 1930-1960s, with millions being produced, and still seeing use around the world, from America, Afghanistan, China and Africa. Its round is slightly more powerful than 9mm Makarov

Cz52

Caliber: 7.62x25

Desc: Czech pistol, with performance being almost identical to the Tokarev. Different sights/looks for different players.

Ruger

Caliber: .22 LR

Magazine: 9

Desc: Although it lacks the damage to be an effective PVP weapon, this gun is quite and ammo (should) is extremly common, making it great for dispatching zeds.

APS

Magazine: 20

Rarity: Rare Military

Fire modes: Auto, semi

Attachments: Wooden stock, suppressor 9x18

Desc: A rare Machine Pistol made from the early '50s to the 1990s. Although recoil makes fully auto basically useless, when fitted with a Stock it makes a great, semi-accurate carbine with plentiful ammo. Attaching a suppressor makes it a highly desirable weapon.

Mauser C96 - I'm with you on this Norris!

Caliber: 7.63x25, OR 7.62x25 

Magazine: 10

Rarity: Rare civilian

Attachments: Stock

Desc: (NOTE: this gun has been used all over Europe by civilians) A unique Semi-Automatic, the Mauser C96 was among the first of that type. It uses 5 or 10-rounds stripper clips to reload, much like the Mosin Nagant or Mauser. It can be manually loaded up to 10 rounds, no Magazine needed. The 7.62x25 tokarev rounds was a virtaul copy of the Mauser's 7.63x25, and the C96 can use Tokarev rounds, but becuase Tokarev rounds are slightly smaller, they are much less accurate, so are best used when the right ammo is absent.

Nagant M1895 

Caliber: 7.62x38mm

Cylinder: 7

Desc: Made from 1895 to 1950, the Nagant Revolver is a odd revolver, holding 7 rounds. Although not particularly powerful, it does nkt need a magazine and is accurate.

RIFLES

AKM - must have

Ak-74 - must have

Vz.58 - must have

Caliber: 7.62x39mm

Magazine: 10, 20, 30, 45

Rarity: Uncommon military

Desc: Czechoslovakian service rifle, C. 1958 - present. Must - have for location

Semi-auto AKM

Rarity: Rare Civilw

Vz.52 

Caliber: 7.62x39

Magazine: 10

Rarity: Uncommon Civil

Attachments: PU scope, Bayonet

Desc: Czech service rifle before the Vz.58. Similar in performance to SKS.

Mauser G98

Caliber: 7.92x57mm

Magazine: 5

Rarity: Uncommon Civil

Attachments: Long-Range scope, Bayonet, Bipod

Desc: Extremely powerful and accurate, the Mauser is also extremely noisy.

Toz-18 - YES YES YES! I tink someone actually listined to me...

Caliber: .22 lr

Magazine: ??

Attachments: PU scope, suppressor

Desc: Although it uses a weak cartridge and a slow-bolt action system, the TOZ-18 can be fitted with a PU scope and a suppressor, making it ideal for neutralizing zombies in a city.

Some random Single-shot and .22 junk

SHOTGUNS

Molot  Bekas-m

Caliber: 12 Gauge

Chamber/Tube: 6

Rarity: Rare civil

Attachments: Receiver is apparently able to mount scopes. Long-range scope - slugs = Derp gun sniper? :/

Desc: Russian Pump-action shotgun. 

Toz-194 - basicw same as Molot, but 7- round tube.

Rarity: Rare civil, Common military

Some kind of Over-under

Some kind of single-shot

Some kind of bolt-action (Toz-106?)

SMGs

PPS-43 

Caliber: 7.62x25

Magazine: 35

Rarity: Extremely rare civil, Common Military

Desc: still in production as a Semi-auto "Pistol" in Poland, the PPS has seen atleast some action in virtually every conflict since WWII.

Many are still found Stashed under floor boreds or in out-of-the-way police depots or military bases. They are favored for penetration

MP5

Caliber: 9mm Parabellum

Magazine: 20, 30

Rarity: Unfommon Civil

Attachments: Suppressor, RDS

Desc: the famous German MP5 Submachinegun. Quiet, Fast-fireing and compact, it is the ideal looting weapon.

Ideas for rarity of confirmed guns:

M4 - Extremely rare military

Fnx - Extremely rare military

Cz75 - . Uncommon military

Remington 870 - Common military, Rare civil

Izh-43 - Common civil. Common in cabins/barns

Ruger 10/22 - common civil. Commn in cabins, houses and barns

SKS - Uncommon civil. Common in Barns. Should be able to mount PU scope.

Sorry for the mega post. Tell me what you think.

Edited by thedogfoodyayho
  • Like 5

Let's just include every gun from JA2 v1.13 ))

Edited by ZlobaRUS54
  • Like 1

Give us the Kar98k the german bolt action rifle and the Lee Enfield, would be swaggelicious

Beretta 93r, H&K USP, GLOCK 17, 18, 19

Uzi, Magpul PDR

M1, M14, H&K 416, 417, G3A3

AK47, 74, SKS

Still missing the nuclear bomb in a suitcase

I also. Nuclear bombs comes with trucks and not in suitcases.

Edited by NoCheats