redblaster100

[Falcon] DayZ Standalone Roleplay/Realism Server Private Shard

If this server is as good as people are saying it is, and the Staff follows through on what they say they intend to do.. then I may have found a new home server to game on for roleplay and survival needs. Now, I will say that I am part of a multigaming clan, and I have no intentions of relinquishing my position in that clan. But I also have no objections at all to separating my character in to two different versions -- one that is a roleplay character for this server. The other as myself on my Clan server.

If this is something that the admins will allow, then I'd definitely be interesting in running on this server. I'd have to get used to playing in First Person Only, as I typically switch between the two view modes on a regular basis.. but I truly believe that I'd have fun, providing I am can do what is outlined above.

Just for those who don't feel that separating persona's for multiple different servers and playstyles with the same character is possible, I feel I should let you know that I partake in LARP (Live Action Role Play) that focuses on the Vampire: The Masquerade and Werewolf: The Apocalypse Genre's. I'm part of 7 different Chronicles -- 4 Vampire, and 3 Werewolf. Different characters in each, which I never allow to cross in to another character that I play.

I've been roleplaying for at least 15 years, so I've picked up a few tricks to remove the temptations to "metagame" - (bringing In Character Information obtained either Out of Character, or on another character, to a separate character without them having been exposed to it).

Thank you very much for reading this, and I look forward to a positive response. I have sent the OP a Friend Request on Steam, handle is the same as on here: WhtKntAssassin.

• Like 1

This sounds really interesting. Will surely hop through soon and see if the RolePlay works. Would love to see people RolePlaying fear and the like. Good luck!

• Like 1

300 members on just the Steam Group , not the mention the forums.

Thank you to all current members!

I've been playing on this server and i must say it has some nice ppl on it. I did found some KoS but thats normal since the private servers still not up but even so when we meet up at TS we scout around main pvp areas and ppl are very friendly and mature and thats one big point for playing dayz. Can't wait for the private servers to kick in to start RP  :D

Not at the moment, but it's going to be implemented hopefully! 

This is untrue. Just go to your characters name on the main menu and click it and type a new one.

EDIT: I am so dumb. I thought it said Febraury. .-.

Edited by Arjuna

I would like to thank all current members who have assisted in spreading the word about the project.

In the last month our efforts, aswell as our application stream doubled. We are now nearing 500 members Steam Group & Forum combined. This being prior to launch, it's amazing to say the least.

Thank you again!

The Staff Team

• Like 1

Great on paper so I thought I would give it a go as I was getting sick of being shot for no reason, by someone i never saw.....

Long story short, It's just the same as any other server.

Shot on sight as soon as I started to get into the game.

Oh well It was a nice idea.

Very interested as well. Servers should be based around what kind of "mode" or "play style" people like to play. If this is a sandbox, then it allows for people to choose their play styles. Variety is key for this games' success. 

Hail fellow survivors,

I decided a while ago that I wanted to create a DayZ Roleplaying / Realism server, subject to a number of rules to greatly enhance the gameplay experience, and add some interesting Roleplay.

As it stands, the alpha and the console for the server itsself are rather basic. Therefor several rules can as of right now, not be enforced to their full potential. As more features become available, more and more of the already prepared rules will be enforced. 

The goal is to create a community that plays DayZ for , what we believe, the reason it was originally created. The co-operative survival aspect. This doesn't mean banditry is out of the question, and that player vs player combat is prohibited, far from in fact. But Many of us are growing tired of the fact that more and more servers seem to be deathmatches instead of the amazing survival mod we all fell in love with. Lately people are getting shot for no apperant reason, or just because they had a better looking pair of trousers, and it can get quite furstrating. 

The objective is to turn our current server , slowly but surely into a server where players focus more on the aspect of survival, building camps , organised crime , logical reasoning , taking hostages, clan conflicts, and much much more.. , instead of simply gunning one another down. 

I invite you to come take a look at the rules , listed here : http://www.scribd.com/doc/195122788/Falcon-DayZ-Standalone-RP-Realism-Server-Rules

After reading the rules, you should have a better understanding of what it is we are trying to achieve. 

We are currently working on setting up our second server, which may or may not be located in the US. We already have a EU server, but due to the increasing rate of American members, we will be setting up a US server too. 

If you are at this point, still interested in becomming part of this community in the making, feel free to join our public steam group '[Falcon] DayZ Standalone RP/Realism Server'.

You may also contact us via the following routes.

PS: Server rules are as of right now not being enforced. When the rules are active and enforced we'll update you immediatly. For now you can warm up by playing on our casual server. 

Would like to give a massive thank you to the current 114 members who are already part of the community prior to launch!

Steam / Skype : Redblaster100

TS : nl-voice.fragnet.net:10072

Forum : http://www.falcondayz.boards.net/

Intro Trailer : 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6fMRvrKcFY&feature=youtu.be

Many thanks to Liam Annis for designing the website.

I would like to thank you for your time and consideration,

See you in Chernarus!

Redblaster100

How do I join this server? (Im new to DayZ)

The use of whitelisting scripts might help keep random people who think this is COD off the server.

Hey man, great idea when this gets up and running i will gladly dedicate my time to being a guard or try out for a military position.  I love squad tactics and i shoot to disable, not kill...would be great if you would take a select amount of people to be in charge or military things..not really protection but more like Quick reaction force and what not.. Being prior military myself i would love to be on a RP server as a squad leader or whatnot!! Great idea i will be following

You could just use whitelisting scripts in conjunction with a private hive and active owners to make this work until the official stuff comes in. Of course, it won't be as easy as that, but it should work.

Edited by Kaelum

So some time has passed since the OP made this thread. I quit playing right around the SA talk and when they were talking about dogs/pets.

I decided to pick up SA and give it a whirl after watching theRadBrad on YouTube doing his video series (random DayZ bug bit me after a long time away!).

The cheaters and glitches got to me before. Made me give it up because ppl weren't playing it to survive, they just wanted to pvp like some sandbox FPS. Now with cheating gone or seemingly non-existent anyways, my only gripe is the damn melee abilities of the zeds (running is your only option and even then they can see you 100s of meters out...seriously...even prone!) and occasional glitch (I broke a leg my first 2 minutes walking into a metal container...)

Definitely would like to check it out if its still booming and after all this time pretty well organized. I appreciate some chaos and banditry type stuff, but random KoS types are not for me and I'd rather focus on the survival aspect for sure and have friends to play with every time I log on.

With that said, is 1st person still forced? That'd be a game changer for me...as I like to switch but mostly 3rd. I think players should have the choice and it doesn't really take away from RP much. I enjoy panning and looking around a lot while I run and watching the character from 3rd person as he fights to survive!

This looks awesome and exactly what I have been looking for.
Finally I seem to have found a group of people who also understood the full potential of this game.

Kudos for your set of rules. I did not find a single one I found questionable.

Good job!

It's ironic you call your server "roleplayrealism," because nothing about this server or its rules are geared towards realism.

At first We were kind of interested in playing on this server, but rules that force robbers to be courteous and polite about something that's usually abrupt, violent, and many times doesn't end well with little to no warning? Not realistic. Plus what if you're part of a Military group and you're a character given an order by a superior to snipe anyone who attempts to enter a general vicinity? You can't call out a warning, and you can't very well deny your orders.

Psychopaths also exist. You're talking about an apocalypse scenario, where trust is stretched thin/non existent. There are GOING to be individuals and if not groups that are absolutely going to kill you on sight either for your gear, to simply remove competition for survival, or for the sheer Hells of it. 

Humanity isn't a pretty race of animals, and it shows its true colours when tragedy and chaos befall the World. In the event of an apocalypse scenario like this, it'd be every being for themselves and kill or be killed. You couldn't afford to trust others without some pretty extreme and unlikely circumstances being met, and if you did, there would be the possibility that it was all a ruse to get you off guard and take you out of the picture.

Not that We'd personally ever play a character like this, but having played Pathfinder and done other roleplay since 1998, We can say that these imposing and stifling rules you've placed on your server have killed it to begin with and made it little more than an unrealistic hug-box with players who won't be playing an apocalypse and certainly won't be roleplaying in any realistic fashion at all.

Essentially you can safe-guard yourself so nothing bad ever happens to you as long as you comply with anyone who catches you off guard. That is definitely not realistic. Generally speaking, just a random server full of players is more realistic 'roleplay' than this. 

It's ironic you call your server "roleplayrealism," because nothing about this server or its rules are geared towards realism.

Essentially you can safe-guard yourself so nothing bad ever happens to you as long as you comply with anyone who catches you off guard.

Back then rules couldn't be enforced. They served as a guide for RPers who wanted structure. Our members were honest with each other about their play styles and had fun. Just read their posts. Over the next week we will be updating our forums to accommodate our new private shard, so drop by again when you get time!

Visit us at http://falcondayz.boards.net/

<video>

Edited by whiskeytango

Join Falcon's new 50-slot Private Master Shard hosted in Frankfurt, Germany with sweet pings, even for the geographically-disadvantaged (American players like me)!

• Like 2

Join Falcon's new 50-slot Private Master Shard hosted in Frankfurt, Germany with sweet pings, even for the geographically-disadvantaged (American players like me)!

How convenient that this happens to be precisely where I live.

• Like 2

How convenient that this happens to be precisely where I live.

May your ping always remain below 3, you fortunate devil. :)

I'm east coast US and still get 100 ping! Incredible.

More talented designers have joined Falcon and created really cool content, much of which will be used in-game.

But we are still welcoming more!

Join a well-organized team of creative minds by visiting our forums and signing up at http://falcondayz.boards.net/

Below are two recent examples of what members create for our community. (credit to energeticsheep!)

Forum logo

FalconRoleplayMockLogo2_zps0c0d9f03.png

An in-game faction of bandit hunters

TheRedStarLogo_zpsdf7caeb3.png

• Like 1