redblaster100

[Falcon] DayZ Standalone Roleplay/Realism Server Private Shard

Hail fellow survivors,

I decided a while ago that I wanted to create a DayZ Roleplaying / Realism server, subject to a number of rules to greatly enhance the gameplay experience, and add some interesting Roleplay.

As it stands, the alpha and the console for the server itsself are rather basic. Therefor several rules can as of right now, not be enforced to their full potential. As more features become available, more and more of the already prepared rules will be enforced.

The goal is to create a community that plays DayZ for , what we believe, the reason it was originally created. The co-operative survival aspect. This doesn't mean banditry is out of the question, and that player vs player combat is prohibited, far from in fact. But Many of us are growing tired of the fact that more and more servers seem to be deathmatches instead of the amazing survival mod we all fell in love with. Lately people are getting shot for no apperant reason, or just because they had a better looking pair of trousers, and it can get quite furstrating.

The objective is to turn our current server , slowly but surely into a server where players focus more on the aspect of survival, building camps , organised crime , logical reasoning , taking hostages, clan conflicts, and much much more.. , instead of simply gunning one another down.

I invite you to come take a look at the rules , listed here : http://www.scribd.com/doc/195122788/Falcon-DayZ-Standalone-RP-Realism-Server-Rules
After reading the rules, you should have a better understanding of what it is we are trying to achieve.

We are currently working on setting up our second server, which may or may not be located in the US. We already have a EU server, but due to the increasing rate of American members, we will be setting up a US server too.

If you are at this point, still interested in becomming part of this community in the making, feel free to join our public steam group '[Falcon] DayZ Standalone RP/Realism Server'.
You may also contact us via the following routes.

Steam / Skype : Redblaster100
Forum : http://falcondayzrp.enjin.com/home

Intro Trailer :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6fMRvrKcFY&feature=youtu.be

Many thanks to Liam Annis for designing the website.

I would like to thank you for your time and consideration,

See you in Chernarus!
Redblaster100

Edited by Redblaster86
Added Private Shard Tag.
  • Like 29

This sounds good.  I see your TS server is based in NL.  Is your game server also based in NL or elsewhere?

Edited by Cinnabuns
  • Like 1

This sounds good.  I see your TS server is based in NL.  Is your game server also based in NL or elsewhere?

The teamspeak is indeed based in NL. The game server however is based in Fankfurt germany. This tends to be my preference due to it's central positioning in Europe.

In the future we'll add more server on different locations.

Dear Falcon members,

I have just stumbled upon the group browsing the DayZ forums. Currently in Standalone I have already logged over 30+ hours in-game and have a current military end-tier kitted out character with over 20+ in-game hours of his survival. I have killed 6 individuals (all within my defense/deemed a threat to my safety or safety of others)

So, I've already hit the end so far in this very early pre-alpha. It is very nice to see that a RP server is already being created for Standalone - many were available for the mod after the majority of the community adapted to the KoS notion; of which I was a part of a few RP communities that have now died out. I look forward to playing with you all, as well seeing this community thrive in future.

I am also a QRF medic of the Trusted Medics of the Wasteland (TMW) as a white-listed medic. Check Dr. Wasteland MD's Need Medical Assistance? Find a medic here! thread in Survival HQ within the mod's forums. I believe at the time of my white-listing I was #86 as Bambi Hero - I'm currently trying to get a hold of Dr. Wasteland MD to have him update it to reflect my current profile.

I am based in America, ie: Pacific (West coast) so I hope the time zones for community members will correlate to a reasonable standard.

Sincerely,

Wuulfpack

P.S. I am part of a realism/tactical group for ArmA so forgive me if this comes across as too formal, as per due to my rank - my responsibilities involve me to represent the regiment with proper decorum within public.

Edited by Wuulfpack
  • Like 2

DayZRP SA! Sounds great will def check it out! 

The concept is greatly focussed on DayZRP , I'm glad someone spots the refferences !

There are a great number of tweaks however, and we are currently working on a faction system. (due to change)

Thank you for your comment ! 

The concept is greatly focussed on DayZRP , I'm glad someone spots the refferences !

There are a great number of tweaks however, and we are currently working on a faction system. (due to change)

Thank you for your comment ! 

You're welcome! Do you have the server IP so I could get on and play on your server?

• Like 1

You're welcome! Do you have the server IP so I could get on and play on your server?

All the information you require is on the steam group until the website is up and running.

Feel free to join the steam group , it is public.

Very excited about this! 

So, this will be a private server with its own database, right? ... and, this is for the DayZ Standalone or the DayZ Mod ?

Tahnkx in advance! :)

• Like 1

Very excited about this! 

So, this will be a private server with its own database, right? ... and, this is for the DayZ Standalone or the DayZ Mod ?

Tahnkx in advance! :)

Yes the server will be very much private. As soon as whitelisting become available all members will have to fill in an aplication prior to recieving entry into the server.

Until then , feel free to join our already excisting server for casual play to get to know us a bit , until more features are available.

When the rules are actively being enforced , all steam group members will recieve an update. 

We are currently also working on our website and getting our second server up and running.

This is for the DayZ Standalone.

Thank you for your comment.

Edited by Redblaster86
  • Like 2

This looks interesting!

Thanks for taking the time to set this up.  Even though I have no RP experience I would like to give this a try.

I have a couple questions if you don't mind - 

1. Is your realistic name rule a "technical" or "RP" rule?  If "technical" i think the only way to change my name is to change my Steam account name?  Will I need to do this everytime I die (new life rule)?

2. When I move to your server, do I need to take a death since I obtained my gear before joining this project?  

3. Where is your server hosted?  I'm on the East Coast of the US.  

Thanks again.

• Like 1

This looks interesting!

Thanks for taking the time to set this up.  Even though I have no RP experience I would like to give this a try.

I have a couple questions if you don't mind - 

1. Is your realistic name rule a "technical" or "RP" rule?  If "technical" i think the only way to change my name is to change my Steam account name?  Will I need to do this everytime I die (new life rule)?

2. When I move to your server, do I need to take a death since I obtained my gear before joining this project?  

3. Where is your server hosted?  I'm on the East Coast of the US.  

Thanks again.

First of all , thank you for your comment. 

1. As of right now , none of the rules are being enforced , mostly because a lot of features server wise and game wise have not yet been released. Right now, you can play casually on the server to get to know other players, without any rules in place. In the future , when we enforce the rules , you'll be able to change the name of your character within the game; It's one of the many features we're currently waiting for. We may start the project before this option is possible , in that case the rule will be erased until the feature is available.

2. It depends, if your character already has a realistic first and last name at the time of your entry , then no , you can just keep playing on that character. If you join the server and your character has a unrealistic name , you'll have to make a new one with a different name which wil automatically reset your character. 

3. The current server is based in Frankfurt Germany , as it lies central in the EU. However, some american friends of mine have had little to no trouble playing on the server.

Due to the fact that we have a lot of US players who are interested , we are currently in the process of launching a US based server aswell.

I hope this answers your questions. Feel free to ask anything else that may come to mind.

Regards

First of all , thank you for your comment. 

1. As of right now , none of the rules are being enforced , mostly because a lot of features server wise and game wise have not yet been released. Right now, you can play casually on the server to get to know other players, without any rules in place. In the future , when we enforce the rules , you'll be able to change the name of your character within the game; It's one of the many features we're currently waiting for. We may start the project before this option is possible , in that case the rule will be erased until the feature is available.

2. It depends, if your character already has a realistic first and last name at the time of your entry , then no , you can just keep playing on that character. If you join the server and your character has a unrealistic name , you'll have to make a new one with a different name which wil automatically reset your character. 

3. The current server is based in Frankfurt Germany , as it lies central in the EU. However, some american friends of mine have had little to no trouble playing on the server.

Due to the fact that we have a lot of US players who are interested , we are currently in the process of launching a US based server aswell.

I hope this answers your questions. Feel free to ask anything else that may come to mind.

Regards

Thanks - that works.  I'll stop by later tonight (at work atm) to introduce myself/say hello.... with a better name than "sushi joe".  It was just something I pulled out of the air when creating this account... I was hungry.

• Like 1

Realism server? How is this more realistic than default? Is it not realistic to lie about your identity or use a false name? Is it not realistic to be able to fire your gun whenever you want, at whatever you want, for any reason you want?

Rule 5.1 "You may only proceed with your hostile actions, after the player you are speaking to has responded, or otherwise acknowledged your message"

Player 1: "Har, har, this is a stick-up. Put your hands where I can see them and drop your goods"

Player 2: Ignores the message, or is playing with no sound, and simply walks away

Player 1: "Drat..."

This type of server seems ripe for abuse by admins/mods/their clan/their friends. In a he said / she said scenario, who do you think the mods are going to side with? Their buddies, that's who... Am I wrong, or is this just a server for people who are too attached to their gear and too afraid to die?

Realism server? How is this more realistic than default? Is it not realistic to lie about your identity or use a false name? Is it not realistic to be able to fire your gun whenever you want, at whatever you want, for any reason you want?

Rule 5.1 "You may only proceed with your hostile actions, after the player you are speaking to has responded, or otherwise acknowledged your message"

Player 1: "Har, har, this is a stick-up. Put your hands where I can see them and drop your goods"

Player 2: Ignores the message, or is playing with no sound, and simply walks away

This type of server seems ripe for abuse by admins/mods/their clan/their friends. In a he said / she said scenario, who do you think the mods are going to side with? Their buddies, that's who... Am I wrong, or is this just a server for people who are too attached to their gear and too afraid to die?

You are neither wrong, nor right. What is or is not 'realistic' is a personal opinion. 

You are simply one of the people who finds his enjoyment from the default features of the game, while the many players who dislike certain parts of it , tend to join comunities with limitations and enhancements.  I find it funny that you're being rather 'rude' in your comment, already going on about abuse and what not while really you have not read and understoud a word of the rules. 

In your example , I stated furthur down the line very clearly , that if someone does not comply to your desire you have permission to shoot at will , please make sure you do your research before accusing anyone. Also , afraid to die and losing your gear ? if there was not a single hint of the fear of death and losing your items , then no one would play DayZ in the first place ,plenty of people are going to die , plenty of times. so again you fail to comprehend the rules, or even the general concept of the project itsself.

In the end , the community is not a must , no one is forcing you to join , if you don't like it then don't join , no need to come whining on the forums about how you think it's 'not realistic'. 

There are plenty of default servers, so go enjoy yourself and let us enjoy playing the game in the way we like it.

Edited by Redblaster86
  • Like 1

Sounds nice, but follow the rules; 

14. PVP is enabled at all times no matter the rpg element the admin tries to set.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/62195-server-hosting-rules-updated-3009/

(Or at least, these are the rules I follow)

These rules are set for the Dayz Mod , there is a very famous community by the name of DayZRP which I'm sure is also known by developers.

What they do is known to be completely within the rules, so there isn't any issue there.

The rules are also currently not being enforced, until whitelisting becomes available.

Edited by Redblaster86

8xto34.jpg

Ah, but these are the rules we are told to follow by the server provider. 

Anyway, take care.

NIce idea, but not gonna work.

Try maybe that every player that using certain role is obligated to wear specific type of clothes. Example, bandits must wear black shirts/tops, heroes/helpers gree, scavengers yellow, etc.... And only specific roles can wear military based clothes.

But like i said, its a long shot.

NIce idea, but not gonna work.

Try maybe that every player that using certain role is obligated to wear specific type of clothes. Example, bandits must wear black shirts/tops, heroes/helpers gree, scavengers yellow, etc.... And only specific roles can wear military based clothes.

But like i said, its a long shot.

Worked in the mod, why won't it work here? 

• Like 1

No.

Edited by Soviet
  • Like 1

I am also a QRF medic of the Trusted Medics of the Wasteland (TMW) as a white-listed medic. Check Dr. Wasteland MD's Need Medical Assistance? Find a medic here! thread in Survival HQ within the mod's forums. I believe at the time of my white-listing I was #86 as Bambi Hero - I'm currently trying to get a hold of Dr. Wasteland MD to have him update it to reflect my current profile.

I am based in America, ie: Pacific (West coast) so I hope the time zones for community members will correlate to a reasonable standard.

Sincerely,
Wuulfpack

P.S. I am part of a realism/tactical group for ArmA so forgive me if this comes across as too formal, as per due to my rank - my responsibilities involve me to represent the regiment with proper decorum within public.

If this is you http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/user/114565-bambi-hero/  Why are you not logged into this account?

11) Multiple Accounts:

Multiple accounts are not tolerated and may result in a Ban for each instance.

Dear Steak and Potatoes,

I am not using that account because I made a new account - for the sole purpose as I've changed my main email address I use and I like to have all my information/updates sent to one spot. I also changed my Steam name as you can tell (if you view my steam profile you can clearly see previous nicknames, ie: you will find "Bambi Hero") and like to have other online accounts reflect the information for ease of access/identity on my part. Also, I wasn't sure if the DayZ SA forums required a new account; so that was another reason for me doing so. If there is any questions I need to answer to assure the identity - please message me or something similar and I will provide proof. I apologize for this instance of multiple accounts - you may delete/ban that account if that is satisfactory.

Sincerely and apologetically,

Wuulfpack