redblaster100

[Falcon] DayZ Standalone Roleplay/Realism Server Private Shard

NIce idea, but not gonna work.

Try maybe that every player that using certain role is obligated to wear specific type of clothes. Example, bandits must wear black shirts/tops, heroes/helpers gree, scavengers yellow, etc.... And only specific roles can wear military based clothes.

But like i said, its a long shot.

It'll work , it's not too difficult to enforce actually. On the DayZ mod I was part of a community called DayZRP , they made it work quite easely and the project is greatly inspired by that community.

Thank you for your concern though and your comment.

I don't see why It would not work? When private hives come out you can just link all the RP servers towards 1 hive (if you want that) and share your white lists with each other.

• Like 2

I think you have a good thing going, it's only a bummer really you can't technically enforce your rules until you can be on your own hive.  I only say it's a bummer because you aren't doing it to exploit other servers, but there would be people who would.  RP is not my cup of tea, but I say more power to you my friend.  I will direct people looking for a good RP server to you, maybe if you get enough RP'ers you won't have to worry about enforcing the rules and can actually do your thing without having to wait on private hives and whitelisting.

• Like 2

I think you have a good thing going, it's only a bummer really you can't technically enforce your rules until you can be on your own hive.  I only say it's a bummer because you aren't doing it to exploit other servers, but there would be people who would.  RP is not my cup of tea, but I say more power to you my friend.  I will direct people looking for a good RP server to you, maybe if you get enough RP'ers you won't have to worry about enforcing the rules and can actually do your thing without having to wait on private hives and whitelisting.

Thank you very much  , it's greatly appreciated.

It isn't going to be an easy , or problem free start , that's for sure. But we'll do our best to make it work.

Thank you for your support and comment ! 

a provided date?

If you are talking about a date on which we'll launch the project, Can't say.

We're currently working on getting our second server in place aswell as our forums and official website, aswell as spreading the word to increase the community size , of course.

However, the server will only launch when whitelisting and or private hives have been made available. We would also prefer to have the released server engine before making the countdown.

I understand that the people who are with us at the moment are very eager to get this going, as are we. But we are as of right now really dependant on the devs and how long it takes for them to release new features , both game and server wise. 

As soon as we know more, the community steam group members will be the first to hear.

Regards

• Like 1

hello i play friendly on your server

after 3 hour of loot i return to coast near balota to find food and water

and some players KoS me with no reasons  , i just run with no weapon in hand , and they shoot me

it s shame

hello i play friendly on your server

after 3 hour of loot i return to coast near balota to find food and water

and some players KoS me with no reasons  , i just run with no weapon in hand , and they shoot me

it s shame

Hello , I'm sorry to hear about your trouble.

I do want to remind you that the rules are NOT currently being enforced.

As i've mentioned several times , the project will launch when more server options are released. 

For now you must treat the server as a casual one , until we launch the project , then stuff like KoS , ghosting , etc will be punished severely.

Regards

Before project launches.  I played on DaYzRP for a long time, though my time there was good and enjoyable, I can for absolute certainty tell you, 2 of the mods/admins were from the top bandit clan, and CONSTANTLY got away with breaking rules.  To me your idea is great, though snipers, sniping in a city, and sniping roadblocks would be useless, though extremely realistic. I think the overall community would thrive.   With that said, how do we know, other then your internet word, which is meaningless, admins will not bend the rules to cater to other admins?  There in no way other then not play....

I maybe be wrong in my thoughts, but do you have a community already in place from the mod, ie as did DayZRP.  I understand it always comes down to the simple fact, you dont have to play here, which is generally the admin answer, when they have no clue how to respond to an actual intelligent question or thought.  I personally will sign up and look for other bandits, which my old group followed the rules until 3-4 times in a row we were KOS'd by the other bandit group as fore mentioned.  The concern of course is an unproven track record, yet harsh outlined rules.

Hopefully many others will see the community value and the fun RP in DaYz  can actually be.

Good Luck

• Like 1

Before project launches.  I played on DaYzRP for a long time, though my time there was good and enjoyable, I can for absolute certainty tell you, 2 of the mods/admins were from the top bandit clan, and CONSTANTLY got away with breaking rules.  To me your idea is great, though snipers, sniping in a city, and sniping roadblocks would be useless, though extremely realistic. I think the overall community would thrive.   With that said, how do we know, other then your internet word, which is meaningless, admins will not bend the rules to cater to other admins?  There in no way other then not play....

I maybe be wrong in my thoughts, but do you have a community already in place from the mod, ie as did DayZRP.  I understand it always comes down to the simple fact, you dont have to play here, which is generally the admin answer, when they have no clue how to respond to an actual intelligent question or thought.  I personally will sign up and look for other bandits, which my old group followed the rules until 3-4 times in a row we were KOS'd by the other bandit group as fore mentioned.  The concern of course is an unproven track record, yet harsh outlined rules.

Hopefully many others will see the community value and the fun RP in DaYz  can actually be.

Good Luck

Answering to your post is tough as you bound a lot of questions and thought in one post , but here it goes.

Your question , in short comes down to the following I believe (please correct me if I am wrong.) 

"How do we know for sure , admins wont be abusing their powers?"

Answer : Right now , you don't.

You'll have to come on and see for yourself when we launch. The only thing I can tell you is that the admins are hand picked by myself , which means they are very ; very long time friends who all have the same reason for launching this project , the dislike of people who break the rules WE wrote. These rules were not written by one man , they weren't forced upon any of the admins , they were discussed and agreed upon. But again , what is my word against your doubt ? Probably not much. 

Apart from that there will be a devoted place on the forums where people can report instances where they believe an admin has abused his power. Last but not least, The admins themselves will never side with a faction , a group of independant players , or anything alike. You say the only reason to be sure is not to play , I disagree and counter with , the only way to find out is to try , and come see for yourself. 

As the community grows, so will the staff team. At one point I might have to recruit people into the team who i've not known for as long as i've known the current admins. The truth is , that I can't guerantee that power will not be abused. I have a life , and other things to do apart from maintaining the server and keeping the peace on it , hence to why admins are recruited. The only thing I can  give you right now is my word , which again is meaningless. I started this project and started doing the work i'm doing now, because I want these rules to be respected, if not why would I have began in the first place. And all I can tell you now is that I do not plan to allow abuse of power in any way, shape or form, which is why admins who do abuse powers will be banned permanently without furthur warning.

I'd also like to add that all admins on our server will be demanded to record all their in game footage at all times, so that if someone reports admin abuse , I can demand the footage and see what really happened. They can't lie about when they were online or not because the server console / logs will reveal the truth about that matter , and refusal to present a demo will result in immediate demotion.

In the end , all I can do to make sure no abuse happens right now , I've done. 

And all I can do to ensure you it wont happen in the future , I've also done.

The rest you'll have to discover for yourself , so give it a chance and see for yourself i'd say. 

I hope that somewhat answers your post.

Regards.

• Like 1

As I mentioned, once you launch, I will personally will be checking in a bit to get away from the daily KoS grind, of which I myself am a part of.  On the other side, sometimes it is good to have to follow some rules to give a game a new feel :)   Hopefully the server will keep a steady 25+ ppl on, as my 1st and ONLY experience on DayzRP, lol I was KoS'd, i mean shit I can do that without the RP :)

Hopefully in the next future the SA will allow the admins a wider range of what they can and cant do, and give the ability of Lock'n a server to a PW.

Thank You for your reply, best of luck :)  Hopefully things will start to take off and make a good community.

• Like 1

I think it's a great idea, since the kos on default servers is not realistic at all. In a real situation there will not be all those trigger happy people, for obvious reasons.
However I think the punishment on random killing could be a roleplaying breaker. I mean yes not everybody will shoot you on sight, but somebody will, because somebody is always an ***hole. If possible it would be nice a punishment in game using a marker of some sort, just to let people recognize the bad guy and punish him killing or capturing him.  In RP it would be justified as a bounty on his head.

Edited by Noisex

EDIT

sorry I did a mess. 

Edited by Noisex

Awesome initiative, signed up and playing as I write this ;-)

the time we wait for whitelisting and private hives could give you the opportunity to create your own website or forum for those interested in roleplaying.

Edited by Dire_Wolf

Awesome initiative, signed up and playing as I write this ;-)

the time we wait for whitelisting and private hives could give you the opportunity to create your own website or forum for those interested in roleplaying.

Thanks for joining the already sizeable community!

We are currently working on both website and forum. Both should be finished by the end of this week. 

Enjoy your time with the community !

How'd this work out in the mod? I never tried RP in the mod but I'm a bit curious about it.

Are there specific clan bases and do things such as territorial disputes and clan warfare happen often?

• Like 1

You should set up a trading area in cherno where players can come to trade gear for other gear. Of course its player based trading

• Like 1

How'd this work out in the mod? I never tried RP in the mod but I'm a bit curious about it.

Are there specific clan bases and do things such as territorial disputes and clan warfare happen often?

It's been done quite a few times in the mod before, however we are basing it on the standalone.

All in all it's difficult to explain as there are endless amounts of possibilities.

Factions may indeed form after a while, they could potentially conquer parts of the map yes.

it all depends on what the players decide to do. 

You should set up a trading area in cherno where players can come to trade gear for other gear. Of course its player based trading

We do plan to enhance player based trading , this might be a good idea too.

Thank you for your comment!

Hey this is just what I have been looking for.

I played for 38 hours now and killing people is pointless, I love to help others or try and RP but everytime I get an axe in the face or a bullet in my head.

I added you on steam and I am on the TS, however I can't talk atm because I got visitors for a few days.

I hope to join you guys quick because at the momeny all I am doing is gathering things and running from other players because all they can think of is killing and I don't like that. This game is perfect as a real life simulator so act like a human and RP.

Well I hope to speak to you on steam or else on TS.

I've played on the server and I like the idea but I was stilled RDM-ed over in the Balota airfield for no reason. I had a M4 and stuff, it was lowered and I told the other M4 guy in the barracks that I was friendly but he still open fired and killed me. You can't really ban such players since player names don't show up nor is there any kind of kill feed like the mod had, so I like the idea but the server is really just like anyother server, except this one has almost a full player list upon joining.

I've played on the server and I like the idea but I was stilled RDM-ed over in the Balota airfield for no reason. I had a M4 and stuff, it was lowered and I told the other M4 guy in the barracks that I was friendly but he still open fired and killed me. You can't really ban such players since player names don't show up nor is there any kind of kill feed like the mod had, so I like the idea but the server is really just like anyother server, except this one has almost a full player list upon joining.

I still haven't played the server but if this is true then I will not join. I want to find a real server like was said in the rules, with camps and settlements.

Isn't it possible to put a password on the server ?

You've clearly not read the post or the steam group properly. As mentioned several times , server rules are not enforced until hives / whitelisting becomes available. We have 100+ members waiting for launch who actually took the time to read what I wrote.

If you can't even read a simple post / info on the steam group , you are not at all needed within the community.

Next time before you post and complain , do your homework please.

Regards