Gdaddy22

Desert Eagle

133 members have voted

1. 1. Desert Eagle in the game

• Yes
    • No

What if someone brought it there from other country ? The fact that some guns aren't from the Eastern Europe doesn't mean you can't find any of them there. Also we could use it to make the story more interesting, ex. soldiers from other countries tried to stop the zombies, they're all dead but they left some weapons. If america sends soldiers to Afghanistan, Iraq, etc, I don't see a reason why they wouldn't send their soldiers to Chernarus

I'd like there to be an official story. I mean we do have M4s already, but that doesn't necessarily mean US intervention for the sake of Chernarus.

What gameplay benefits would it bring? OP pistol with excessively rare ammo?

I'd like there to be an official story. I mean we do have M4s already, but that doesn't necessarily mean US intervention for the sake of Chernarus.

It could work just as unique pistol, in most MMOs those kinds of items are called "legendary", they're very, very hard to find, but they're still there. If you find let's say Deagle you would not only be happy because you found a gun, but because you found something that other people can't find. Just like mountain dew in the mod, but this time it the item would have to be at least 3x more rare

Edited by Gdaddy22

Great!

Now we have worked out what guns we want in SA.

Now let's work on our customized gun camo's ;)       (For the the Authentic look)

raMxWMe.jpg

• Like 5

That entire concept is something I don't like. I'm all for rare items, but practical rare items like NVGs and proper body armor or something, not an item that's rare just for a cool factor. That's how I've always been and I've hated when games had that, so I'm admittedly biased there.

• Like 1

No one who has any practical sense or who has used a desert eagle would actually carry one around in a "combat" scenario. They are useful as a backup pistol on a safari if your elephant gun fails, but thats about it

I want a golden m107, it would look great with my ghillie!

Edited by Shadyfizzle
  • Like 2

Not OP if properly represented, just out of place.

No real point in it, is there? Except for the 'cool' factor of such a gun. I mean, in the mod I would kind of see the point but I personally think it would be entirely detrimental to the atmosphere of realism that the standalone is evidently attempting to cultivate. So, no.

Ok let's change the topic of this thread. What would you like to see in the game as a very, very rare item, that would not only be a regular item, but also some kind of achievment since it's very, very rare 

It would add to the flavour of the game if they did exist, but only ever spawned 5 at a time or something.

But that would probably not justify modelling it in or configurating it.

No. Theres probably around 100 in Russia total.

I think i found out why theres M4s and HmmVs though. The US probably "Reformed" the Chernarussian army after the Civil War, and most likely they Adopted Said Equipment, but probably still had some older AKs and UAZs in service.

If ive learnt anything of amearican tv, its that every second house in any and all eastern block countries, is owned by a russian mafia boss, with a massive arsenal, a penchant for torture, and facial scars... there fore the desert eagle should be in chernarus!

Also, the deagle, is an amazingly accurate pistol! sure its heavy as all hell, kicks like a mule, but its gas operated, probably got the most consistent breach/firing pressure of any repeating pistol. Ive had a few plays with one in .44 mag, it was awesome!

The Desert Eagle is a terribly unwieldy, heavy pistol with a low capacity, rare ammunition, horrible recoil, and generally a gimmick. It's also rare.

I would be for adding it as a gimmick if the ammunition was more rare than hen's teeth, anything else would not make sense.

Since it's also mostly pointless I would only support it once the game is stable and we have a full arsenal of Guns That Make Sense already.

• Like 1

No. Theres probably around 100 in Russia total.

I think i found out why theres M4s and HmmVs though. The US probably "Reformed" the Chernarussian army after the Civil War, and most likely they Adopted Said Equipment, but probably still had some older AKs and UAZs in service.

Maybe I haven't paid much attention and this is slightly off topic but are western vehicles still found in Chernarus? The only reason I can imagine they were in the mod is because the object (wrecked HMMV) was already there and it was easy to do.

As for Gdaddy's new topic, I don't want any guns added for the sake of being cool rare items to find. I'm a boring guy, to be honest. If I had it my way we'd have Warsaw weapons, Warsaw weapons, and a few more Warsaw weapons to keep things varied. The most powerful weapon I'd even consider would be the KSVK which is unwieldy as hell and has an inconvenient zoom for anything except long range.

i say NO

id rather see more realistically owned firearms..

Glocks, M&Ps, .38spc, shotguns, bolt action hunting rifles, etc.

id rather not see any .50 cal sniper rifles, or oversized glamor guns like the DE

You can make a model for the most realistically functioning and looking desert eagle out there, doesn't mean it should be in the game. Its not realism its context and in the context of the game a desert eagle would be out of place

To hell with realism, authenticity, context, or setting.  I simply hate the damn things.  NO.

If you want a suggestion that doesn't offend any of the aforementioned, a CZ 75 would be fucking awesome to have in game.

Can we put my favorite pistol of all the times into the game, later when devs will start adding new guns ? 

448925-desert_eagle_01.jpg

Have you ever fired one of these? It's not even a good gun, it's just an (overpriced) show piece.

You can make a model for the most realistically functioning and looking desert eagle out there, doesn't mean it should be in the game. Its not realism its context and in the context of the game a desert eagle would be out of place

to be honest the DE doesn't fit any context, other than "gun sex"

• Like 1