rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

Hi Rocket

here some bugs and addons I think could be fixed/added:

---

[f]-feature, -bug, [e]-edit

---

[f] take wood from "woodstands", some houses has "woodstands" near them, it can be used to get wood from it

r03vur.jpg this is what I mean by "woodstand", I dont know its name...

[f] use hatchet as second weapon, if player has weapon he will be able to use the hatchet as second weapon.

when trying to pick weapon to the backpack its disappears, happened to me couple times.

hatchet disappears when dropped out.

crowbar not working, tried to use it but was unable to hit with it.

magazines convert option cause cheat...shh;)

the player detection system of zombies is bit too good,they spot players too easy.

[e] players disconnects in PvP, add system to check when player disconnects if he received damage in last 10~20 seconds before he did.

if yes, take his weapon or something else as punishment to all this scums who disconnects when shit gets serious...

I saw that doghouse spawns items in the air and player can't pick them.

backpacks which spawns with some other item are blocked by that items, so I have to take all the items and only then I can take the backpack.

[e] zombie sprint animation... make them run at the same speed but more like zombies and not like Olympic sprinters, make them throw their hands or hold them in front of the body.

[f] combine crossbow arrows 3-5 arrows into one slot magazine.

[f] power grid system refuel the generators to light some city for couple of minutes, so players without nvg will be able to hunt those who have.

[f] show to other player that you are friendly with some animation from the hand signals of Arma, salute breaks animation so its sucks.

2rmlg6f.jpg

[e] blood count slowly increase if above 10 or 9k, human body does it.

please read my suggestion post here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15237

• Like 1

Thanks Rocket. Looking forward to the zed audiblilty reduction through objects. V.dangerous around buildings at the moment!

QUESTION. when you say "debug forest fix" does that include the wilderness or is that a separate issue.

When making the Z hit harder' date=' You made them break our bones more often. And morphine is rare as hell. Yesterday me and my friend died of starvation, because a Zed broke my leg and my friend went off to a town to find morphine for me. After about 20min he called me on the phone to say he got hit by a Zed and he's got a broken leg too. We managed to crawl back to each other, but died of hunger after a while.

[/quote']

That sounds like some real apocalypse bullsh*t.

Had some (not much) time to try the 1.7.1.5 .. my initial toughts:

- Current zeds awareness seems fine to me: they see/hear you when it's suppossed to do so, so you're not ridiculous invisible anymore. The only downside is about the transition: you're visibility goes to the sky when you pass from crawl to prone to enter into a building... so you may have spent like 10 minutes to crawl to the entrance, and make the zed aggro because of 10cm of stairs.

- Food spawning seems fine as well. I dunno if with more players it will be worse, but i've found enough food and drinks to survive.

- Did found a secondary weapon but only mags everywhere. But i guess it's because i didn't played much. On the other hand i've found the DMR within the first 15 minutes (when i usually have to loot the NW airfield for a couple of days to find it).

- FPS aren't that good.. they are surely much better than the bugged 1.6.9, but nowhere near the previous versions. I were used to have like 50-60 fps .. not i've got only 30.

What i've found in 40 minutes (Cherno and surrounding):

- About 8 drink cans;

- About 3 food cans;

- 1 canteen;

- DMR + 1 Mag;

- 7 makarov mag (but no makarov);

- 2 45 mags;

- Lee rifle + 5 mags;

- 1 crowbar;

- 2 hatchets;

- "infinite" medical supply (at cherno hospital tents...) but no antibiotics;

- some car parts;

I have been aggroed 1 time, and i've managed to "hide" (without killing the zeds). This is probably the most fun part, i hated to being forced to kill all the zeds once aggr'ed ... now you can finally "simply" evade, without much trouble.

Allow players to form 'Groups'

That way you can introduce 'Radios' as a tool item and 'Group' VON can be used between group members that have radios along with 'Group' chat (text), something exactly like Project Realities or Dominations 'Groups'.

And add "quivers' which can hold 5-10 bolts, and enhance the crossbow a little.

1.7.1.5 was a pretty damn good patch, keep it up.

I really don't know if this is something that can be altered for the mod or if it is something for BI to change, but I think it would be great if there was a Direct Comm option with a wider range then 40m. Nothing like Side or Global, maybe 100m max.

This because I very often observe other Survivors from a distance and I would like to be able to "shout" out to them. When they are close enough for Direct they are already too close for comfort. I want to be able to communicate without standing up and do a Q and E dance and give away my position.

Oh yes, give us a confirmation box for "Respawn" please! Killed myself by accident yesterday when I was a bit too hasty and wanted to go to the Options menu :/

need to see more morphine spawns, maybe less soda spawns.

also, less broken legs please, that or give us more inventory space because right now the bandages, morphine, etc is going to require more bag space than before. maybe make some of those items stackable. package of say 3-4 bandages or 2-3 morphine. 1 package takes 1 inventory slot. like ammo cartridges. maybe a 6 pack of soda too, idk. anything that comes to mind that would enable us to cram more crap into our inventory.

also i think bleeding needs to be toned down a bit. and going unconscious, those timers are so inconsistent. sometimes 10 seconds, sometimes 3+ minutes, totally random. and if you are bleeding while unconscious for 5 minutes... i don't think that should be happening so random. maybe increase the chance to clot blood and stop bleed w/o bandage.

i understand all this would increase lone wolf survivability, so...

rocket, i assume you want to take additional steps into making this a team-focused game. i suggest going one step further and making bandages only work when applied by another player. this could be what is needed to stop the 1v1 death matches and really create an environment where its not a free-for-all, but a real team game. yes, less lone wolf play. possible but hard, not easymode...

^ this would make people group up to play the game, and the hospitals would turn into a place where players could meet up and group with strangers, or just patch each other up, or trade ammo and stuff in the process! and make new com padres. rather than places where players camp and kill each other out of boredom.

rocket' date=' i assume you want to take additional steps into making this a team-focused game. [b']i suggest going one step further and making bandages only work when applied by another player. this could be what is needed to stop the 1v1 death matches and really create an environment where its not a free-for-all, but a real team game. yes, less lone wolf play. possible but hard, not easymode...

No, lonewolf would be impossible. If you get hit, you die. I don't think so somehow.

I think this barbed wire loot camping situation needs to be addressed. I know we can use toolboxes to get rid of them but I am honestly not finding any' date=' when it gets to the point where most of Cherno's main loot spawn locations are barbed, it can get pretty frustrating when trying to find some supplies.

[/quote']

So I'm going to presume you didn't know you can prone through wire if you do it right?

Wire is nothing. It stops zombies.. aside from that it's worthless.

i once just stepped over it with V... did work aswell.

I did that as well once ... once. The next time ... not so much. Not sure what they're doing but the jerks who place the wire apparently have a fix for that in some cases. Either that or the wire itself has a "random" height feature. As to proning through wire, I haven't tried it but I'm very spooked by anything unusual involving being prone. I've also broken bones just crawling over a threshold.

Joe

Would it be possible for you to increase the spawn rate of Antibiotics? I was hit by a zed now all is cough and my bloods at 6k!! =(( Ive even tried server hopping' date=' something I Never do, and no Antibiotics ever spawned!! Thanks!!

Keep up the great work!!

[/quote']

+1, this is now the second time i run around actually just wanting to kill myself but finding it annyoing that i have to. The game is unplayable if you get an infection and it happens instantly.

I got down to 4k blood and patched right back up with bandage and transfusion within 30 seconds but i still got the infection, well okay lets say thats fine...

THEN I go to berezino = no antibiotics, oh well shit happens, I go to cherno hospitals, still not a single antibiotic.

I server hop abit at cherno hospitals, still nothing.. then i check elektro while my friend now at the same time checks berezino to see if it spawned some while i had gone to the cherno + elektro, still not a single fuck was given about my health by the hospitals.

Seeing as this is a pretty instant thing to catch and such a tough thing to walk around with it should not be so hard to fix if you actually have the patience and determination to go use 6 hours to get one piece of not that epic loot.

PLEASE, fix antibiotics, remove infections/colds or make it so you can lose it over time or by using heatbags.

Love this game, 8-12 hours a day atm.

I ALWAYS find Antibiotics if I break the glass of a hospital and go inside. Am I just lucky? :)

Since I have yet to have an infection in game and feeling oh so generous today; what server are you on. You can have mine.

You could be my saviour.. only have a pistol, a backpack with some food, and my frekkin kold xD, ive only found antibiotics 2 other times when i didnt need it and never did in those lives heh typical.

Send you a PM :)

keep morphine auto injectors only in the hospitals. you wouldnt find those anywhere else in real life. especially russia lol

My request is the zombies dont spawn inside the smaller buildings like sheds, they just get stuck inside and its impossible to clear them out/ loot undetected. Bigger buildings seems fair enough but the smaller ones cause problems.

Is there anyway they can be programmed to wander in and out of the buildings rather than spawning in them and getting stuck in them?

keep morphine auto injectors only in the hospitals. you wouldnt find those anywhere else in real life. especially russia lol

but irl you also wouldn't miraculously walk again after a broken leg (sober no less), so... maybe call it something other than morphine.

a "splint" perhaps! that is something that could be created makeshift just about anywhere out of anything? yeah.

never liked the idea of morphine making you all better. that stuff should make you high as a kite! morphine is just a "strong" painkiller, and the game already has a purpose for painkillers. morphine is redundant. i say replace morphine with a splint if it is indeed going to fix up broken bones.

but irl you also wouldn't miraculously walk again after a broken leg (sober no less)' date=' so... maybe call it something other than morphine.

a "splint" perhaps! that is something that could be created makeshift just about anywhere out of anything? yeah.

never liked the idea of morphine making you all better. that stuff should make you high as a kite! morphine is just a "strong" painkiller, and the game already has a purpose for painkillers. morphine is redundant. i say replace morphine with a splint if it is indeed going to fix up broken bones.

[/quote']

One thing that might work is giving each of the medical items certain "stages" of use.

Painkillers: Relieve pain, lessen the effects of an infection, remove the blurry vision when on low blood

Morphine: Treat severe pain (don't call it "Broken bones" but keep that you can't walk)

Bandage: One bandage for a low damage wound (say... 1000 blood loss). Several bandages for greater wounds where one bandage would only slow down the bleeding but not stop it. Use several bandages to treat the "Broken Bone" effect and allow you to walk for a given amount of time before you can find morphine. Like this.

There could be some depth to this.

rocket' date=' i assume you want to take additional steps into making this a team-focused game. [b']i suggest going one step further and making bandages only work when applied by another player. this could be what is needed to stop the 1v1 death matches and really create an environment where its not a free-for-all, but a real team game. yes, less lone wolf play. possible but hard, not easymode...

No, lonewolf would be impossible. If you get hit, you die. I don't think so somehow.

not impossible. i said there is a chance that your blood will clot w/o the need for a bandage. this is already in the game. this could be improved to be more consistent and reliable: say rocket codes it so when bleeding starts you can only lose 3k blood before clotting will kick in and stop the bleeding for you. and the bandage would come into play from a friend if you wanted to stop the bleeding before losing the entire 3k blood.

For some reason going from 1.7.1.5 to 1.7.2 seems like a major jump in development. Something made me expect more "new" things, but I guess fixing debug forest and optimizing performance is just a big. I also don't know how much effort/coding goes into certain things that rocket does. Some things could be easy fixes some could require complete overhauls.

Regardless, thanks for being amazing and keep true to your development style. I love rockets ideaology on game development.

say rocket codes it so when bleeding starts you can only lose 3k blood before clotting will kick in and stop the bleeding for you. and the bandage would come into play from a friend if you wanted to stop the bleeding before losing the entire 3k blood.

Cool! So there are no deadly blows anymore! ... wait ... that would be absolutely awful!

Please, by all means, don't suggest superficial changes to ingame mechanics just to "resolve the bandit problem". My impression is that there are only two categories of change that would a) resolve the "issue" and b) be introduced into DayZ:

1) Sensible survival-related mechanics that only by accident discourage PvP in certain occasions

2) Out-of-world mechnics, i.e. mechanics that take effect when you are not in-game

That being said ... Why again can't i give myself a transfusion?

That being said ... Why again can't i give myself a transfusion?

Because....... *Drum Roll*

What's with the morphine and broken bones?

My uneducated guess is it was a simple way to add a disibility and fix it. We all know morphine doesnt fix a broken leg, but for game play it adds depth.

Rocket you don't think you could make some changes to infections and Antibiotics?

It seems so rare right now to find and the hospitals are stacked on everything else. Perhaps a small increase on the spawn rate? Or if you could lose an infection over time if you keep warm and out of combat.

Regarding 1.7.1.4:

Please fix zombies breaking limbs in one shot. I can understand breaking a limb from a sustained assault, or from a group of them, but a sing hit should break your legs.

I was in a group of four and after three minor encounters with the zed, our limb broke one by one. So we procured a car, and drove around the Stary Sobor area and it's adjacent towns looking for morphine. Unfortunately we didn't find any and our car ended up breaking down. Which led to this:

Notice my HP is 11600+ and I've got broken legs. The same is true for my buddies.