rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

Will be be able to use an action called "Cover" on the bear traps to hide them in grass? Will we be able to put meat in them to lure zombies and carnivores (not that there are any now but you know...)? If we set a bear trap and leave will it increase the spawn rate of animals? Because the chance of actually trapping one is minimal. But it would be nice to set up a trap on a field and come back an hour later and find a dead boar. I wonder if this is possible though.

Why can't people just discuss a new feature and be excited instead of whining, raging and acting like a twelve year old scared of spiders. :)

why not add Claymores' date='

with a wire etc. would be cool to.

[/quote']

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Why not add fishing wires so we can put them across a road and decapitate people on bikes?

:)

(as long as we're on the "stupid ideas for the game" page)

[/quote']

May I suggest Gun-Turrets ? Or a carpet bombing ? I also would like to see some LSD in the hospitals, if you use it, u will "be taken away" from chernarus.

What about delete the NW Airfield off the map?

honestly:

Hope you add some kind of goal to achieve or benefits for teaming up.

[/quote']

May I suggest Gun-Turrets ? Or a carpet bombing ?

Don't be silly. It's almost impossible to rack up the necessary killstreak for this...

Patch 1.7.2 is a myth. There is no cake !

Patch 1.7.2 is a myth. There is no cake !

Rocket = GladOS and we r testing ´til death

* [NEW] Exponent driven probability introduced into visibility calculation

what does it mean???

As to the people saying the easiest way to combat the DCers and ghosted is to change position, that's true enough sometimes, but you don't always know when someone quits. Some servers have kill messages and join/quit messages disabled. It's incredibly problematic.

How about introducing a gun respawn? Do guns EVER actually respawn. Starting to become a JOKE. Walking for hours and never being able to find a gun. Making this a very boring mod

Most servers are generally restarted every 8-10 hours otherwise they become laggy or players have low fps. When they restart' date=' the loots are popping up all over the place.

So look for servers with a lower number of players connected - that may indicate either it's night time on that server, or server just restarted, or server is about to restart.

[/quote']

The server browser is total crap, it should have a more standard look and feel. Show me settings, time on server, up-time, version etc....not just a big long string someone types that more often than not isn't even correct.

the server browser is just from arma II, the could change the six launcher though, seeing the time on servers would be VERY usefull

How about introducing a gun respawn? Do guns EVER actually respawn. Starting to become a JOKE. Walking for hours and never being able to find a gun. Making this a very boring mod

Most servers are generally restarted every 8-10 hours otherwise they become laggy or players have low fps. When they restart' date=' the loots are popping up all over the place.

So look for servers with a lower number of players connected - that may indicate either it's night time on that server, or server just restarted, or server is about to restart.

[/quote']

The server browser is total crap, it should have a more standard look and feel. Show me settings, time on server, up-time, version etc....not just a big long string someone types that more often than not isn't even correct.

I just go in the game, click on multiplayer then on the Filter button and instead of {Dayz} i enter there 94103 or whatever the current beta patch version I have installed is.

Basically 99% of the servers are already dayz so the filter by default is useless now, by setting it to my current beta patch version I make sure I don't connect to servers with different patch version, so I won't get invisible players, spawn in debug forest and other bugs.

Then I just sort by ping and wait a few seconds, click on ping twice to have the list resorted, repeat for a couple more times with a few seconds between clicks until all servers are pinged by the game.

Now I have all servers sorted by ping, so I can scan the list from top to bottom looking at the players connected / players max column. When I find one that has few players, I scan the description to make sure it's 1.7.1.5 and the right time zone (don't like playing at night) and connect.

It's not rocket science.... no pun intended.

later edit: the description for each server is repeated below the server list. Well, basically you see there if it's Regular or Veteran or expert and that text is not user/admin controlled so it can't be wrong...

Regular servers by default have crosshairs (I like playing with crosshairs). So if the description doesn't say anything about crosshairs but at the bottom it says "Regular", there's a high chance the server will have crosshairs.

People see servers with a far too cavalier attitude. Take some time, ten minutes to thirty minutes... find a server you like, and STICK TO IT.

I've been on the same server for a month now, because I actually took the time to find a decent one... and once found, I stuck with it.

People who are complaining about poor server browsing are founded in their criticism of the interface, but it's an ARMA 2 issue. But, if they'd just pick a server and stick to it... it alleviates the need to constantly be looking for a good server each time one logs on.

Plus, it cuts down on server swapping.

Take a significant amount of time, find a good server, write the name down... and stick to it. Day Z/ARMA isn't like most games whereby you can just hit "Quick Match" and get into a suitable game, you're going to have to invest some time in finding a decent server.

Man i would love to see this patch released today or tonight so we can get into it over the weekend.

Why not add fishing wires so we can put them across a road and decapitate people on bikes?

totally agree, its starting to get totally ridiculous

So any change we will get this update today.

It weird how updates stopped when beta patch from Arma2 borked us with Anniversary X edition. We cant play on servers we want cause of incorrect version.

At least post some hotfix for

* [NEW] Players using ArmA X retail can play the game again after the last update stopped us all

totally agree' date=' its starting to get totally ridiculous

[/quote']

In that case, I don't feel bad saying that I'd really like a Flamethrower. Zombies on fire, running around catching other zombies on fire.

I want this.

Does anyone know if Rockets planning on adding a fix for the rate at which Zeds respawn around you so quickly in this update?

( Yes I did check the OP and didn't notice it in the list which is why I am asking if there has been any word on if he will be adding that fix before the updates release.)

Does anyone know if Rockets planning on adding a fix for the rate at which Zeds respawn around you so quickly in this update?

( Yes I did check the OP and didn't notice it in the list which is why I am asking if there has been any word on if he will be adding that fix before the updates release.)

only rocket knows that. switch to Threaded Mode and hit control f (firefox) then type in rocket. it will find rockets posts. if he doesnt mention it, i would assume the answer is no.

As many others Ive found flies annoyng as hell, well, todsy perhaps ive found an answear.

Commiting my first murder by zeds (bullet+leg+zed train) i saw the body sink into ground, of 5 zeds inly one remained as the othets shambled away.

Zeda hiding corps=corpless flies?

You can hide body but flies would remain. It really annoys me.

This bugs me since weeks. Please fix it. :angel:

Please, please, please fix the disappearing player bodies and the knock-out @ connection/spawning bug.