rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

Probably missed it but not going to go through 195 pages, when is this patch going to happen?

Also, anybody else still think Zombies have too big of a hearing/sight radius?

+1 to the NOT starting with a pistol' date=' If i had my way we wouldn't start with anything, Not even a backpack.

Well maybe start with a soda in one pocket & a tin of beans in the other .... That's it!

[/quote']

I agree. I like starting with nothing at all. It makes the game harder in a fun way. I can think of many non-fun ways to make the game harder, and so far we have avoided those pretty well I think.

Now we just need to double the body shots required to drop a zombie, spawn more zombies, and in turn reduce their speed a tiny bit and reduce their re-spawn speed a bit as well.

Geez, while we're at it, let's start with only 3000 blood and two broken legs so we have to crawl everywhere until we can find some morphine! :heavy sarcasm intended: That's great if you only want 12 people playing the mod.

Also' date=' anybody else still think Zombies have too big of a hearing/sight radius?

[/quote']

wtf? Noes. I am still stunned how fu^Wraking blind they are.

Geez' date=' while we're at it, let's start with only 3000 blood and two broken legs so we have to crawl everywhere until we can find some morphine! :heavy sarcasm intended: That's great if you only want 12 people playing the mod.

[/quote']

Count me in, just to show what a nab you are. ... uh yeah ... sarcasm intended also. I think stuff is pretty well right now. As long as there are no bugs in the way we can handle Z we will be A-OK with some decent skills.

IF u read Rockets first post it clearly says when the patch is going to be release if it wasn't release on Monday. So stfu and read the first post u re-tards

"u re-tards" ..... LMAO ... This is coming from somebody that spells YOU as U and puts a " - " in retards lol ... Enough said!

we dont need the makarov on spawn. i like the way ppl have to be careful at beginning' date=' and don´t kill other players in DM.

[/quote']

Well yeah, but, come on... step off the beach and head to a nearby town or inland (to try and find some start gear) and it's still DM, same as always. No pistols at spawn only staves off DM right along the beach (the beach is for suckers anyway, so who stays there very long?). So now, instead, most new players looking for start gear just get killed by beach blanket bingo zombies rather than spawn-camping bandits. I just don't see how having no weapon at spawn really helps change anything all that much in the big picture when all is said and done.

Because I mean, sure, people who spawn with no weapons can't kill each other, so, OF COURSE, tenuous alliances are now sometimes being formed along the beach--but seriously, most are only temporary. Because as soon as one person gets a gun, they will many times shoot the other guy (now his loot competitor) straight up, for whatever loot he's managed to pick up by that point. Or one guy finds a really good gun or backpack or whatever, and nine out of ten times the other guy will then shoot him in the back for it (if he has no gun or weapon he'll wait till he does, then off him).

Truly "good guys" are, sadly, very rare out there (I'm one), and tend to get shot in the back eventually for teaming up with fellow weaponless spawns at the beach. Oh, everything's fine and dandy... until some sweet loot gets found. Then it tends to get ugly very quickly. You're kidding yourself if you don't think this is how most "hey, we don't have weapons let's be friends!" beach alliances are going down since the no makarov change. :)

Probably missed it but not going to go through 195 pages' date=' when is this patch going to happen?

Also, anybody else still think Zombies have too big of a hearing/sight radius?

[/quote']

not for me. right now they are easy cake if you know what you are doing. they have a very small cone of vision. stuff happening trough walls (hearing/attacking/warping) will be adressed.

Why do people keep bitching about no starting pistol? ... Stop being such pussys!

I'm sure i read somewhere Rocket has ALWAYS intended this anyway!

Forget it, We have no pistol & never will have, You don't like it? Go play something else, Nobody is forcing you to play this FREE mod!

Why do people keep bitching about no starting pistol? ... Stop being such pussys!

Forget it' date=' We have no pistol & never will have, You don't like it? Go play something else, Nobody is forcing you to play this FREE mod!

[/quote']

I think this is the intended idea, no weapon at the start will make the mod unappealing to the worst sorts of people found in games like CoD.

I heard when this thread reached 200 pages he'll release the update :D

Are you sure? :P

Forget it' date=' We have no pistol & never will have, You don't like it? Go play something else, Nobody is forcing you to play this FREE mod!

[/quote']

I think this is the intended idea, no weapon at the start will make the mod unappealing to the worst sorts of people found in games like CoD.

This mod is the one game were I don't have to put up with hardcore CoD fags :/

Though saying this, I was a bit iffy on how it would impact the game, though now I think it is fantastic, yet people always see the negatives in things :(

Was supposed to be Monday... Wonder what's taking so long.

I used to play serious from begining now when i die i just respawn few times and rush for weapons. It really didn't changed anything, the mod is not harder after that change. Now it's just boring and annoying when you pull aggro through wall and have to run around with zed. It's better to rush and don't waste time and if you die respawn and try again.

[/quote']

Good!

If you're including me in that' date=' I wasn't really (though certainly will if I want to). Just replying to someone else's comment insinuating that it has somehow helped cut down on DM in the game. I can deal with it either way, so no skin off my nose, but thinking it truly fixed much of a perceived issue with rampant DM is misguided, IMO, and that's what I was saying.

That said: yeah, I think you need to start with a mak again. It's silly. There, I said it.

And good for Rocket. I don't personally agree with the choice, but that aside, he does require feedback from players at this alpha stage (and welcomes it!), so yeah, people are gonna keep expressing opinions. And that's how it should be. Hey, he's actually made statements about how after he makes changes or adds stuff, he watches to see the reactions and opinions of the majority, so he knows what works and what doesn't, so yeah, expressing opinions here DOES count for something and DOES help shape the future of the game. So people should keep doing it.

Forget it, We have no pistol, You don't like it? Go play something else, Nobody is forcing you to play this FREE mod!

Ah, OK :)... but that's not at all how Rocket feels about continued player feedback, you can trust me on that. So, no, people should keep expressing their concerns and wishes for the mod. No reason to go "play something else" if you love DayZ yet still want to see it improved. I'm sure fellow grown-ups will agree.

Was supposed to be Monday... Wonder what's taking so long.

Rocket is testing...he doesnt want a repeat of the 1.7.1 debacle (his words).

Patience my young padawan...and if that fails go take your Ritalin.

I'm sure fellow grown-ups will agree.

You are quite right sir. ;)

This patch sure is taking its time. I wonder what awesome stuff they are working on right now.

I used to play serious from begining now when i die i just respawn few times and rush for weapons. It really didn't changed anything' date=' the mod is not harder after that change. Now it's just boring and annoying when you pull aggro through wall and have to run around with zed. It's better to rush and don't waste time and if you die respawn and try again.

[/quote']

I would agree, I do not fear people or zeds after the spawn anymore, as I have nothing to lose. I run through towns and cities and try to find a weapon and basic supplies, while running through buildings so the zeds I attracted lose the LoS. Being careful is not important as it may was when everyone had a gun and was a possible threat. Well, at least this is what changed my style of gaming in the first 5-30 minutes in this mod.

Rocket is testing...he doesnt want a repeat of the 1.7.1 debacle (his words).

Patience my young padawan...and if that fails go take your Ritalin.

He puts more and more feature in the new update, this can cause more bugs than in 1.7.1. I think its his decision, but there was no update for some hours now.

Take your time as long as many bugs are sorted out. Debug forest/plains, disappearing items from tents, disappearing vehicles, the unconscious-after-joining-a-server-without-shock bug, zombs walking/attacking through walls and so forth. Etc and so forth.

Seems like a great patch!

I think the idea is to actually implement features in the alpha, if its bugged that doesn't matter because its an alpha, the whole point of the alpha is to nail down the features you want to stick with for the entirety. why wait any longer than is necessary to add features if they are ready to be tried and tested, why save up 3 or 4 features to implement when you can stagger them and not get confused as to what maybe causing issues.

use da brain folks pretty sure the devs know what they are doing, it is their game after all.

There's lots of reasons to bum-rush chernarus and lots of PK's looking to capitalize on that.

1. If you don't have a loot-spawn map or previous knowledge, and realize most of the small groups of houses are unenterable, you'll head for the nearest city for supplies.

2. You have nothing much to lose.

3. You need morphine thanks to Rocket's enthusiasm for leg breaks and its rarity so it's better to try and get some while you don't have expensive gear to lose.

Any post that say's, "Just head for the deer stands and crashed helicopters" doesn't really understand the new player experience.